inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

With summer shipping and many wine offerings "stacking up", we thought this thread would be fun.

tytiger58 wrote:Heh, guess someone should start a how many bottles pending thread..I have 20 pending now that TO showed up today

So tell us, wine.woot, what are you waiting for?

Personally, my Jana Angel Eis, Riesling Ice Style Wine just shipped. Can't wait to try that out!

I'm just hanging out, really.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I've got a Woot-load of Andrew Murray wines coming from the Woot+ boutique. Hopefully they are navigating the 100+ Texas weather and making their way to Austin.

All my other wine online purchases are being held till Octoberish. Probably up to a case and half being held so far. I've got to be good this year since getting tons of cases delivered all at once to the UPS store makes them too curious.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
inkycatz wrote:

Personally, my Jana Angel Eis, Riesling Ice Style Wine just shipped. Can't wait to try that out!

And hopefully you like it, or I am in trouble.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
inkycatz wrote:With summer shipping and many wine offerings "stacking up", we thought this thread would be fun.

Waiting on that one too. But I thought I had shipping info, but that seems to have disappeared. Clicking on the tracking number doesn't give me any information.

So I probably need to report that on the beta feedback.

Also waiting on:

Judd's Hill Old Vine Petite Sirah
Vina Robles 2009 Petite Sirah, Paso Robles Estate
Vina Robles 2007 Paso Robles Mix
Galante "Olive Hill" Petite Sirah
Scott Harvey Wine Club (June)

And also need to whine about the Order info not including Winery name. It's really annoying what they leave out (especially on the emails) now.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

inkycatz

MarkDaSpark wrote:Waiting on that one too. But I thought I had shipping info, but that seems to have disappeared. Clicking on the tracking number doesn't give me any information.

So I probably need to report that on the beta feedback

Mine just disappeared too!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
inkycatz wrote:With summer shipping and many wine offerings "stacking up", we thought this thread would be fun.

Waiting for me to pick up at my cellar:
6 2007 talluah bald mountain ranch syrah ( first heard of here on woot)
6 2007 bodegas j c conde Spanish tempranillo (I was getting low on temp)
9 2004 Foggo wines old bush vine Grenache (a winery I found on my trip to Australia)

Waiting to ship:

3 2007 San Román Toro (really tasty, worth the $40 a bottle)
6 2003 Bremer Family Winery Napa Valley Claret ( haven't tried it but it reeks of qpr)

Committed to but not paid:
36 bottles of 2002 Foggo ( Shiraz, Rhone blend, reserve)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I have 17 +1 magnum being held until the fall. No outstanding woot orders.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
inkycatz wrote:Mine just disappeared too!

On the other hand, I know my SH Club order was being held due to the heat, so maybe that's what's going on.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:On the other hand, I know my SH Club order was being held due to the heat, so maybe that's what's going on.

Just contacted Monica yesterday regarding shipping, and she is going to hold for pick-up during the WW/RPM tour.
Already got a $14 shipping credit posted to my card too!

CT

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

The w.w+ Wellington Zins and Old vines Port have safely arrived. Nothing in the w.w queue right now. OTOH, I need to head to the wineries to pick up the quarterly club shipments.

At least it's in *their* nice, cool cellar...

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
MarkDaSpark wrote:On the other hand, I know my SH Club order was being held due to the heat, so maybe that's what's going on.

My Eis order still has tracking #, but FedEx isn't showing any info yet.

Received email and tracking info for my SH Club shipment yesterday, or the day before, I forget already... But it's on it's way. Apparently they found a window of opportunity in CA weather. Hopefully that translates to a cool trip all the way to NYC...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

redwinefan

Not to send this thread off topic, but how are there still wineries/wine clubs that are so dumb as to automatically ship wine UPS ground during June/July/August?

I have one club whose wine I really like, but every year I have to tell them in advance not to ship me the July shipment until Fall, otherwise I'll get a ground shipping notice after the fact. Really, wine clubs should just skip summer for shipments all together.

rjquillin

Starting the week there were 54 outstanding. Just visited the FedEx storage locker and now it's down to just 27. They got two.

FWIW, got two orders of Rustridge CS in, 2004 and 2006. All arrived seemingly fine with no visible signs of pushed corks, leakage or damages foils. Would like to sample the 2004, but will hold off at least a few weeks.

CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

A few woots, but really waiting for the German eis's my wife has in her possession from Germany.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
redwinefan wrote:Not to send this thread off topic, but how are there still wineries/wine clubs that are so dumb as to automatically ship wine UPS ground during June/July/August?

I have one club whose wine I really like, but every year I have to tell them in advance not to ship me the July shipment until Fall, otherwise I'll get a ground shipping notice after the fact. Really, wine clubs should just skip summer for shipments all together.

I think there is a large percentage of folks who do not comprehend heats effect on wine. They think the wine wasn't great but have no idea it got compromised during shipping. Also, lots of folks drink their club shipments very quickly and may not notice the problem like others who like to sit on purchases for awhile. For a lot of wineries I would imagine they autoship because they know only a small percentage of folks are even going to care. Its about the cash flow and storage space.

In four years of buying a lot of wine I can only think of two purchases that got spoiled by heat. 1 was stuart cellars in temecula and the other was Clif family winery. Both shipments showed up on a 105 degree day in socal and had bottle temps of 95 and both shipments were winery direct.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

I currently have no W.W. orders pending and no club shipments due until the fall. So I'll just be drinking down what I have and making some closet space for all the damn baby stuff.

And now that I think of it, Kyle and I are both awaiting the birth of respective children so that our wives can be our drinkin buddies again.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:I currently have no W.W. orders pending and no club shipments due until the fall. So I'll just be drinking down what I have and making some closet space for all the damn baby stuff.

And now that I think of it, Kyle and I are both awaiting the birth of respective children so that our wives can be our drinkin buddies again.

This man speaks truth!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

My Eis is here! (Resisting all temptations to go "eis eis baby"... whups, failed.)

I have several things to do after work today, but I really would like to try one of these later tonight once I am done with those!

mschauber

inkycatz wrote:My Eis is here! (Resisting all temptations to go "eis eis baby"... whups, failed.)

I have several things to do after work today, but I really would like to try one of these later tonight once I am done with those!

I'm in the same boat, but just opened a bottle of Vinito del Finito last night.. Guess it will keep... Any reason the Eis needs to 'rest' before opening?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Make it 26 pending, 3 2009 Ridge Estate cabs and 3 Stonier Pinot's ordered today

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

mschauber

tytiger58 wrote:Make it 26 pending, 3 2009 Ridge Estate cabs and 3 Stonier Pinot's ordered today

I'm at 29, but 17 will be held until the fall...

--
My CT

bkarlan

mschauber wrote:I'm in the same boat, but just opened a bottle of Vinito del Finito last night.. Guess it will keep... Any reason the Eis needs to 'rest' before opening?

Nope. Mine is here as well. I am finishing some auto parts. Thinking of opening mine. So I can make room for the Eis that the wife is bring back from Germany, not that I really want to drink it or anything

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

redwinefan

tytiger58 wrote:Make it 26 pending, 3 2009 Ridge Estate cabs and 3 Stonier Pinot's ordered today

Were the Ridge's up on some deal site today? They make great Zins, never had their Cabs.

redwinefan

Got all of my Andrew Murray Woot+ offerings today. Already opened the eleven red and eleven unplugged white for a get together. Really enjoyed the unoaked white for the price point.

The red is kind of a mish-mash blend that reminded me a bit of the Ty's Racchus. Better than your average supermarket offering, but not really my thing. It works for a party wine.

bkarlan

Thank you Scott. I wooted 2 sets of these for 4 bottles. I already gave 1 bottle away to a friend and just popped the cork on another after I finished off a red. The first sip was wonderful. Your education and attention to detail really shine on your wines.

I had every intention to gift another bottle, but that isn't happening now. I am hoarding them.

mschauber

Finished off the Finito tonight, on to the Eis tomorrow. Althugh the Hughs Syrah arrived today and I'm very tempted to open that tomorro..

--
My CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
redwinefan wrote:Were the Ridge's up on some deal site today? They make great Zins, never had their Cabs.

These are really great cabs every year from the Montabello vineyard but not Montabello prices.

It really bothers me that I can get these 6 dollars cheaper from the East Coast when I live in Cali and it is made in Cali so to answer your question no deal other than 6 bucks off at WL and free shipping and no tax. Well I guess that is a deal.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bkarlan

Wife is home safe and sound with some German Eis'. They are put away for a special day.

North316

inkycatz wrote:My Eis is here! (Resisting all temptations to go "eis eis baby"... whups, failed.)

So...what did you think?

My CT

inkycatz

North316 wrote:So...what did you think?

I put it off til this weekend when I have time to enjoy it properly*. The blue bottle is staring at me.

Which is to say I plan on having some tonight after dinner, and before heading out for the evening merriment. I am currently writing a post it note to myself to post on the forums.

* when I say I don't have time I mean to say I have been falling asleep pretty early lately

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

Hrmm... Still waiting on mine to ship... Interestingly, I ordered the Angel Eis and the Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee Woot+ offers on the same day (June 8), but the IH arrived over two weeks ago. Kind of annoying, that.

inkycatz

guzmantis wrote:Hrmm... Still waiting on mine to ship... Interestingly, I ordered the Angel Eis and the Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee Woot+ offers on the same day (June 8), but the IH arrived over two weeks ago. Kind of annoying, that.

I don't know where you are but you may want to ping service@woot with your order number about that. I want everyone to have some Eis with me!

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis
inkycatz wrote:I don't know where you are but you may want to ping service@woot with your order number about that. I want everyone to have some Eis with me!

Thanks for the tip - email sent. I was hoping to have the Eis for my housewarming party next Saturday. I guess i'll just wait and see what happens =/

inkycatz

guzmantis wrote:Thanks for the tip - email sent. I was hoping to have the Eis for my housewarming party next Saturday. I guess i'll just wait and see what happens =/

And when you get it, you will notice it is some of the best dessert wine you have ever had (if you've not had it before). Truly it is.

I do like a lot of Rieslings and desserty wines, but hands down this is one of the best I have had.

North316 wrote:So...what did you think?

You're my wine hero!

North316

inkycatz wrote:You're my wine hero!

*bows*

Scott should get a little bit of the credit though

My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Damn.... how the heck did I miss this offer?

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Just contacted Monica yesterday regarding shipping, and she is going to hold for pick-up during the WW/RPM tour.
Already got a $14 shipping credit posted to my card too!

Wish I would have done that. Just got my SH shipment yesterday in 95 degree heat. It was loaded on the truck at 430am and was delivered at 545pm, to say nothing of the heat it endured over the 2 days previous on its way from IL to OH. Ugh.

Currently have 22 additional bottles pending with 5 at the local FedEx hold center (Sausalito Zin).

Of possible interest to fellow wooters - 3 of the bottles I am waiting for are 2003 Shadow Canyon Paeonia Late Harvest Pinot Blanc which I found for $29.99 apiece at liquidpartyworks.com (the long-ago woot offering was for the 2005 vintage). There is some 2004 floating around out there as well but it's outrageously priced.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Of possible interest to fellow wooters - 3 of the bottles I am waiting for are 2003 Shadow Canyon Paeonia Late Harvest Pinot Blanc which I found for $29.99 apiece at liquidpartyworks.com (the long-ago woot offering was for the 2005 vintage). There is some 2004 floating around out there as well but it's outrageously priced.

Yikes, sorry to hear that, hope they survived intact.

Just checked the liquidpartyworks site and didn't see the LHPB, but did check and I still have a bottle of the 2004 from that 2008 woot, one of my first. Would like to find some more for any of the '03~'05 years. Was your purchase in their physical store?

Finally down to under 25 pending.

CT

inkycatz

North316 wrote:*bows*

Scott should get a little bit of the credit though

Totally true (thanks Scott)! I did say nice things from my personal Twitter to them about it.

I haven't got any shipments of wine I'm waiting for (wine club excluded) at the moment now, although I am looking forward to that Pinot Grigio that was mentioned by toolboxshaffer.

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Yikes, sorry to hear that, hope they survived intact.

Me too....

rjquillin wrote:
Just checked the liquidpartyworks site and didn't see the LHPB, but did check and I still have a bottle of the 2004 from that 2008 woot, one of my first. Would like to find some more for any of the '03~'05 years. Was your purchase in their physical store?

Finally down to under 25 pending.

Turns out they didn't have any. I just got a phone call from the liquid guy and apparently they're not very good about keeping their website up to date. I had ordered a mixed case and ended up canceling the entire order since, as I explained to him, it was started with and built around the Shadow Canyon Paeonia.