stillmanbrown

quality posts: 138 Private Messages stillmanbrown

That yellow thing is bouncing.

stillmanbrown

kkv123 wrote:Sold! But it's hard to imagine that anything could top the Pink Zeppelin Rose, which is absolutely rockin'!

Grenache and Syrah seem to make the best pinks. Thanks!

stillmanbrown

luisifer777 wrote:Well well, not sold out yet. i though it was going faster, that being said almost 50% off was a good deal. retail price in RZ web 40$. woot 22.50$.

Basically you're getting the discounted wholesale/club price without having to read my stupid emails, buy a full case, or pay the nasty shipping that I have to charge, especially outside the SW. WW can piggyback shipping in an efficient way that I can't. And I do charge retail in the tasting room, especially if somebody complains about the music or makes a snarky comment about the dancing cage.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
stillmanbrown wrote:Basically you're getting the discounted wholesale/club price without having to read my stupid emails, buy a full case, or pay the nasty shipping that I have to charge, especially outside the SW. WW can piggyback shipping in an efficient way that I can't. And I do charge retail in the tasting room, especially if somebody complains about the music or makes a snarky comment about the dancing cage.

why else would you have a cage? I mean, I guess I could think of reasons, but they all result in dancing.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bcperlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcperlow

in on the bounce!!!!1!

scribbly

stillmanbrown

bhodilee wrote:why else would you have a cage? I mean, I guess I could think of reasons, but they all result in dancing.

Hanging upside down, taping someone's wrists to the pole so she can still hold a wine glass, using the pole as a slide to play guitar . . .
You're right, they all result in dancing!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
stillmanbrown wrote:Hanging upside down, taping someone's wrists to the pole so she can still hold a wine glass, using the pole as a slide to play guitar . . .
You're right, they all result in dancing!

If not by the person in the cage, at least by those around it!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Didn't love 2009 Black Zeppelin(although 2005 was da bomb....) I still have 9 bottles of the 2009(hopefully) improving!

Caved to the bouncing ball though and got some....

Get some more of your great Syrah on here Stillman!!

Is it broke or just fractured?

kainers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kainers
rlmanzo wrote:Didn't love 2009 Black Zeppelin(although 2005 was da bomb....) I still have 9 bottles of the 2009(hopefully) improving!

Caved to the bouncing ball though and got some....

Get some more of your great Syrah on here Stillman!!

I opened my second to last bottle of 05 last night. Don't know how much longer I can hang onto the last one :P.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
Ptwilliams wrote:I live near walnut creek in th Bay area. I am getting the sense that there are a lot of wine.wooters in this area. We should get together for regular tastings, could maybe offer my place for a start.

Ah, I'm in Walnut Creek too. We're actually kinda horrible as a norcal crew since we're kind of spread out but definitely do get together a few times a year or hit an event in wine country. Can usually find a forum thread in community->world of wine.woot.

CT

stillmanbrown

kainers wrote:I opened my second to last bottle of 05 last night. Don't know how much longer I can hang onto the last one :P.

I have some of the '05 in cool/tacky wooden boxes (a silent partner got a little goofy.) That wine was kind of a cross between the Colossus, and the (upcoming) Black Zeppelin CC Red, except it had no Petite - it was a blend of 877, AB, and Cab.

Yes, there's a Zeppelin Winery '10 Cabernet that recently occupied a few barrels.

teebodo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teebodo
stillmanbrown wrote:Yes, in Morro Bay, about half an hour from Paso Robles. It's well hidden - no buses in the parking lot, etc. I live on the coast, so it's convenient for office work, appointments, and cage dancing photo shoots. If you're coming to the area, blow up my phone!

Another reason to plan a trip to the Paso region -- like I *needed* another one? /chandlervoice

stillmanbrown

teebodo wrote:Another reason to plan a trip to the Paso region -- like I *needed* another one? /chandlervoice

Raymond Chandler?!? Really?

stillmanbrown

For visits, email me, as I have a random schedule . . . Sioux City, Sedona, San Bernardino and Kings Canyon all have claims on the calendar.
StillmanB@aol.com

For immediate questions, as in before the ball stops bouncing or for other wines unobtainable via WW, call me at my drunk dial # (cell phone) 805-550-6492

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:I can probably help you out. I ordered a total of 6.

Cool...add it to my (growing) list!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
stillmanbrown wrote:For visits, email me, as I have a random schedule . . . Sioux City, Sedona, San Bernardino and Kings Canyon all have claims on the calendar.
StillmanB@aol.com

For immediate questions, as in before the ball stops bouncing or for other wines unobtainable via WW, call me at my drunk dial # (cell phone) 805-550-6492

San Bernardino? When will you be out this way?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

stillmanbrown

kylemittskus wrote:San Bernardino? When will you be out this way?

April 24-26!

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Good to see Stillman is still pumping them out.

BTW, IT IS PIE DAY! PI DAY! 3-14!

Durif goes well with pie. Yum!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
stillmanbrown wrote:April 24-26!

For what? Where? Why? I need to know these things!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Wakko Talks Faboo!?? I was on the order page, and got booted back to a SOLD OUT sign. That sucked. !@#$ing javascrapt! :-(

edit: I guess I'll have to go open my LAST bottle of https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=362149 and cry myself to sleep.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 78 Private Messages PetiteSirah

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SELLOUT AGAIN!!!

Congrats, Stillman!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

stillmanbrown

PetiteSirah wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SELLOUT AGAIN!!!

Congrats, Stillman!

Thankyouverymush!

stillmanbrown

kylemittskus wrote:For what? Where? Why? I need to know these things!!!

PacRimWineComp . . . will be at the Hilton, avoiding damsels and gunsels.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

....so proud of Kansas... *sniff

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
PetiteSirah wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SELLOUT AGAIN!!!

Congrats, Stillman!

I have two of last time's. I'm holding them for at least three years, if not five+.

I need to taste some of his stuff to see if I really like it, or how can I justify buying more? I like that Quixote somewhat.. at leat it's fun. And I love Turley's Rattlesnake Acres. How does this stuff compare?

It's all so complicated!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I don't know about this one but i ordered 8 more of the Abalone for summer sipping.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin

Inquiring minds; with the early sellout, do we get clues from TT this evening?
Ahhh, yes, Thursday; food!
Running low on those salt caramels

CT

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
rjquillin wrote:Inquiring minds; with the early sellout, do we get clues from TT this evening?

+1

ThunderThighs!!!!!!...come play with us!!!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

thekla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thekla
MarkDaSpark wrote:Possibly, but if you don't like tannins, then the Dark Side (PS) may not be for you.

You might want to try the Bogle PS, usually found at Trader Joe's (and elsewhere) for somewhere in the vicinity of $10. That's a good starter PS.

But this is really nice now. Been sipping all night long. So you could always buy it now, let it sit for a month, try the Bogle, and then try it. You can then sell it (at a deep discount, of course!) to one of the PSadawans.

I went in for one...

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:Inquiring minds; with the early sellout, do we get clues from TT this evening?

Sippin on some scotch now. Was a good day, that turned into an evil evening. I could go for a round 20Q's

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bkarlan wrote:Sippin on some scotch now. Was a good day, that turned into an evil evening. I could go for a round 20Q's

Staying up late on the east coast here to watch the Mariner's spring training game on MLB.tv, I could go for some questions.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:Sippin on some scotch now. Was a good day, that turned into an evil evening. I could go for a round 20Q's

Ever had a taste of Lagavulin 16 year single malt? Made a believer out of me.

CT

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
North316 wrote:Staying up late on the east coast here to watch the Mariner's spring training game on MLB.tv, I could go for some questions.

I am going to this next weekend:

http://www.whiskyadvocate.com/pdfs/WF-CHI-2012-Program.pdf

I'm a little scared. I'm a wineaux, not a scotcheaux....

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

rjquillin

karenhynes wrote:I am going to this next weekend:

That rocks. Scotch as well, and Glenmorangie will be there. It'd be of interest to sample some of the Japanese distillate as well.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
thekla wrote:I went in for one...

Congrats! Welcome to the Dark Side! Your cookies are in the mail.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bkarlan

rjquillin wrote:Ever had a taste of Lagavulin 16 year single malt? Made a believer out of me.

Nope. Glenlevit 21 for single malts.

However tonight is a blend night. JW Gold. Too bad of an evening to use the good stuff. Not bad enough to use the cheap stuff though.

20Qs is on the main woot site.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

karenhynes wrote:I am going to this next weekend:

That looks amazing.

stylen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stylen

Same in the bay area Fairfield Vacaville

kainers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kainers
stillmanbrown wrote:I have some of the '05 in cool/tacky wooden boxes (a silent partner got a little goofy.) That wine was kind of a cross between the Colossus, and the (upcoming) Black Zeppelin CC Red, except it had no Petite - it was a blend of 877, AB, and Cab.

Yes, there's a Zeppelin Winery '10 Cabernet that recently occupied a few barrels.

I forgot about ordering colossus! What's the wooden boxes? Like
Display box or something? I got my black zep right before you came
To Vegas for an event a few years ago, was
Gonna pick it up from you in person but got it shipped instead. Any plans on coming back to party any time soon?

curt11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages curt11

Has anyone received this yet? Anyone even have their order shipped? I have a FedEx tracking number, but the "anticipated ship date" was over a week ago and there has been no activity in the shipping history.