PRODUCT: 6 2008 Copa del Rey Maipo Valley Merlot
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
3/21/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

And now for something completely different. Doesn't get much more different than this. Well I suppose it could if it were a white, but still.

Rack now more than overflowing (Thanks Cathy Corison!) will have to sit this one out.

ablickle

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle

First sucker: ablickle
Speed to first woot: 1m 44.900s
Last wooter to woot: ablickle

We bought both the Copa Merlot and Cabernet several times before. A great everyday dinner wine and a bargain at this price!

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

[thread hijack]

Just got notice from Scott Harvey of a sale and N/C shipping on 6+. The Jana Cathedral 2005 is included.

Scott Harvey Sale and use 'holiday100' for the shipping discount.
[/thread hijack]

CT

samwfoster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samwfoster

the wife and i LOVE Maipo Valley Chilian wines.... that are smoother than wines from other valleys.

have yet to find a bad wine from this region.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Too tired to look for updates ....

cjsiege wrote:Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of December 18th.

Visit our Wine.Woot Event Calendar on Google Calendar!

January
1/14?: Seattle #?: Happy Hour(s)
1/28: Buffalo/WNY #8: Ice Wines

February
2/17-20: Dark & Delicious Weekend

May
5/19(?): CyberPub Cellars 2011 Rogue Rhone Bottling

Pending
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab!

So join or create a WW gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

flowerchild59

quality posts: 24 Private Messages flowerchild59

I am a multiple buyer of the copa line of wines and it is a great, everyday bottle. I wish they would offer a white real soon. My whites are almost gone.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

seamore2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages seamore2001

No other reviews yet? So I'll do some searching:

This review says the wine probably won't appreciably improve with age, but that it tastes like bacon fat. Mmmm, bacon: http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=787795

Price might be pretty good, assuming these prices are accurate: http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/hahn+fmly+copa+rey+merlot+maipo+valley+central+chile

And Woot pips an old YipIt deal by $5: http://yipit.com/nation/woot-wine/4999-for-copa-del-rey-2008-maipo-valley-chilean-merlot-6-pack/
(oops, Yipit deal was an old Woot deal. So Woot pips itself).

What the heck - I think I'll buy a case.

mamayo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamayo

this is some of the best wine I have ever found. I buy more whenever I find an online sale. yummmmmmm

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mamayo wrote:this is some of the best wine I have ever found. I buy more whenever I find an online sale. yummmmmmm

Care to elaborate?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

poppenhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poppenhe

I bought the Cab and it was really nice. Any one had both and how does the Merlot compare? My wine buddy is particular to cabs but as impressed as we were with the copa del rey cabs, curious as to how their Merlot's compare.

ksieczka

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksieczka

The holidays are depleting my wine collection...must restock! I'm in for one of these to serve to those who don't know the difference between everyday wine and ahhhhh....
Oh, and I will probably quaff couple of these as well.

ckendall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckendall

Santa brought a wine rack, so it is assembled and in the root cellar where it is nice and cool. This will fill some of the empty spaces quite nicely!

arckinteractive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arckinteractive

Better deal here:

http://www.winechateau.com/sku1556826_COPA-DEL-REY-MERLOT-750ML-2008

12 bottles for 76.68. Just sayin!

bgrage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgrage

I've ordered wines from WW in years past, but here is another example of a wonderful wine that ~Texas dumb shipping laws~ won't allow to be shipped directly to the consumers in Texas. BUMMER !! The only way I can suggest that Texas wine affecionados might get this wine is to go to www.wine-searcher.com and type in the wine info as well as your zip code and see what retailers might have it somewhere close to you.
Remind me why I'm living in Texas ?

ninaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ninaco
arckinteractive wrote:Better deal here:

http://www.winechateau.com/sku1556826_COPA-DEL-REY-MERLOT-750ML-2008

12 bottles for 76.68. Just sayin!

It's not a better deal. Shipping at that site to my home is $22.17 making the total
$98.85. Twelve bottles from woot would be $94.98. Just sayin. :D

PBurke5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PBurke5

No income taxes

Paul D Burke

confusedemmy

quality posts: 24 Private Messages confusedemmy
bgrage wrote:I've ordered wines from WW in years past, but here is another example of a wonderful wine that ~Texas dumb shipping laws~ won't allow to be shipped directly to the consumers in Texas. BUMMER !! The only way I can suggest that Texas wine affecionados might get this wine is to go to www.wine-searcher.com and type in the wine info as well as your zip code and see what retailers might have it somewhere close to you.

Um, this is shipping to Texas. Can't answer your last question, though!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Not bad wine for the price, got 6 last time, but passing for now, Ralph's 30% off sale overstocked my wine room

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui
bgrage wrote:I've ordered wines from WW in years past, but here is another example of a wonderful wine that ~Texas dumb shipping laws~ won't allow to be shipped directly to the consumers in Texas. BUMMER !! The only way I can suggest that Texas wine affecionados might get this wine is to go to www.wine-searcher.com and type in the wine info as well as your zip code and see what retailers might have it somewhere close to you.

I'm a consumer. I live in Texas. Woot will deliver wine directly to me. Apparently you are ill-informed. Read the list of states on the home page. Pretty clear this wine CAN be shipped directly to consumers here. Give it a try. Why ARE you living in Texas anyway?

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

Gifted one for my Dad who thinks two buck chuck is "ok".

Even so he still knows I buy much better wines for him than he does for himself.

luckieboi711

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luckieboi711

In for one... Loved the Copa Del Rey Chard I bought a few weeks back.. Willing to give a red a try. My friends love red's more then I do, so it'll be a nice red to pull out for them....

Copa del Rey 2008 Maipo Valley Chilean Merlot - 6 PackCurrent numbers
(updated each minute)
First sucker: ablickle
Speed to first woot: 1m 44.900s
Last wooter to woot: luckieboi711

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Congrats on the sellout. I didn't think it would happen, but a little more than an hour before the deadline and it did. Impressive.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

noslensj

quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
bkarlan wrote:Congrats on the sellout. I didn't think it would happen, but a little more than an hour before the deadline and it did. Impressive.

500 woots = 3000 bottles = 250 cases. With 23 hours selling time that's better than 10 cases/hour, average.

Also since the sales are directly to the winery there's no distribution or retail chain involved; though woot takes a cut the net to the Hahn's is almost surely greater than if they had moved the same 250 cases through conventional channels.

The power of wine.woot, indeed.

RCA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RCA

Anyone recivied their order yet? I haven't been updated with tracking info yet. Just want to make sure others in the office dont try to hide my woot box.

brentdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brentdog
RCA wrote:Anyone recivied their order yet? I haven't been updated with tracking info yet. Just want to make sure others in the office dont try to hide my woot box.

I haven't gotten my tracking info yet either and track-by-reference on Fedex.com doesn't find it either.

Woot!, is there a problem with these orders?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
brentdog wrote:I haven't gotten my tracking info yet either and track-by-reference on Fedex.com doesn't find it either.

Hi folks, I've passed on your concerns, but for ultimately speedier service and personalized info, your best bet is to contact those fine folks at service@woot.com with your order number and relevant details.

Woot Staff

I'm just hanging out, really.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

brentdog wrote:I haven't gotten my tracking info yet either and track-by-reference on Fedex.com doesn't find it either.

Sorry for the delay and confusion. Most wine orders take longer to process and ship out with the vendor than the typical 5 business days we usually promise for other merchandise. Most wine orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

Give your orders more time to process and ship out. We'll send you tracking when it becomes available and it will update automatically once the order ships out.

discusmeniscus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages discusmeniscus
DennisWKam wrote:Sorry for the delay and confusion. Most wine orders take longer to process and ship out with the vendor than the typical 5 business days we usually promise for other merchandise. Most wine orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

Give your orders more time to process and ship out. We'll send you tracking when it becomes available and it will update automatically once the order ships out.

Thanks for the info, I read the ships within 5 business days and wondered what happened. Here's to being patient :D

brentdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brentdog
DennisWKam wrote:Sorry for the delay and confusion. Most wine orders take longer to process and ship out with the vendor than the typical 5 business days we usually promise for other merchandise. Most wine orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

I am a frequent Wooter and understand that wine orders take longer than usual to process. But this one is taking a particularly long time in my experience. The only other time I have had one take this long there really was a problem between Woot and the vineyard. So I thought I would ask.

No worries. I'll keep waiting. I have plenty of stock at home.

kpc01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpc01
brentdog wrote:I am a frequent Wooter and understand that wine orders take longer than usual to process. But this one is taking a particularly long time in my experience. The only other time I have had one take this long there really was a problem between Woot and the vineyard. So I thought I would ask.

No worries. I'll keep waiting. I have plenty of stock at home.

This is/was my first wine purchase but so far not impressed. I understand a few extra days but I talked up this stuff and am supposed to take it to a party next Saturday. My fingers are crossed but I am definitely nervous about getting it.

gojets3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gojets3

using my order no. as a fedex reference no., it appears that scheduled delivery for me in nyc is next friday (1/13).

maliaj61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maliaj61

I haven't even gotten the shipped status yet on the account page! It's never taken this long.....I don't even have a tracking #......

zaprowsdower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaprowsdower
maliaj61 wrote:I haven't even gotten the shipped status yet on the account page! It's never taken this long.....I don't even have a tracking #......

You and me both. I also just got (20 minutes ago) a delivery of the Pacific Wine Works Gewürztraminer I ordered 2 days after this one.

I got two deliveries from Copa del Rey last year and they were super fast. Dunno what's going on, but I am jonesing for some Merlot now.

meganmcgees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meganmcgees

I'm in NoCal and mine just arrived today. To be honest, I totally forgot I ordered it...so surprise alcohol! Woot!

PapaPerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PapaPerry

Fedex just dropped my case off in SoCal. My Wine Racks are overflowing!

Thanks Wine.Woot!

1st Bag of Coal 3/9/11
2nd Bag of Coal 5/11/11
3rd Bag of Coal 12/6/11

jmorrell22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmorrell22

i ordered this on december 26th and haven't gotten it yet.... where is it??

zaprowsdower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaprowsdower
zaprowsdower wrote:You and me both. I also just got (20 minutes ago) a delivery of the Pacific Wine Works Gewürztraminer I ordered 2 days after this one.

I got two deliveries from Copa del Rey last year and they were super fast. Dunno what's going on, but I am jonesing for some Merlot now.

Of course I get up this morning and get a shipped/tracking email. So yippee for my wine fridge. Must clear some space, time for some early drinkin'