$54.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: White
PRODUCT: 6 2009 Bright Light Dry California White Wine
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

What kind of grapes might they have used in this delicacy?

Edit - love Gundlach Bundschu wines, so very curious about this one...

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

I'm really not a wine person, but does anyone know if these are relatively easy to enjoy? (no supremely refined tastes required?) they look like a great deal...

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04

The description says:

"“Sure the flavors are familiar: key lime, chilled crisp slices of honeydew,” "

So I'm guessing that this is more of a fruity sweet wine than dry oaky?

J

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

From the website:
Bright Light is a fresh, aromatic blend
of chardonnay, albariño and gewürztraminer
sourced from the cool, coastal valleys
of Sonoma and Monterey Counties.

Well I'm tempted.

http://www.brightlightwhite.com/wine.html fyi.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jaeydee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaeydee

I am sure this is right up my alley, just not in my budget! AHH! Why!

hookajoe

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hookajoe

Very inexpensive wine with a glow-in-the-dark label? I think I'll pass on this one.

CharliePrince

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CharliePrince

could this double as a night light for the kids room?

So it is boughten.... So it must be paid off with a second job!

vmforrest

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vmforrest

EEK! No info on grapes, sugar, etc...no bueno

inkycatz

hookajoe wrote:Very inexpensive wine with a glow-in-the-dark label? I think I'll pass on this one.

What's throwing you on the negative side, the price per bottle or the label? (Just curious.)

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
inkycatz wrote:From the website:
Bright Light is a fresh, aromatic blend
of chardonnay, albariño and gewürztraminer
sourced from the cool, coastal valleys
of Sonoma and Monterey Counties.

Well I'm tempted.

http://www.brightlightwhite.com/wine.html fyi.

Mmm, sounds like a lovely blend. And if I don't like it, Mom probably will. In for 1.

BTW, if you take away all the "poetry" from the description on their page, you can glean what they intended with the blend:

The crisp minerality of albariño
The fragrant spice of gewürztraminer
The bright citrus of chardonnay

Sounds good to me!

inkycatz

Okay digging around...

http://biggerthanyourhead.net/2010/09/27/the-rockin-wines-of-jeff-bundschu/
Bright Light 2009 is an unusual combination of chardonnay with gewurztraminer and albariño. The wine is incredibly clean and fresh; peach and pear, lychee and melon are seamlessly woven with a wafting of jasmine and honeysuckle, and then, after a few moments, with notes of tangerine and dried grass. Flavors of roasted lemon and spiced pear (with a hint of dried thyme) are bolstered by tongue-grabbing acidity and a long finish jazzed by the slight bitterness of lemon pith and lime peel. Drink through Summer 2011. Very attractive as an aperitif or with grilled seafood like shrimp and mussels. Alcohol content is 14.1 percent. 1,000 cases were produced. Very Good+. About $10 to $13, a Good Value.

ssueiro

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ssueiro
vmforrest wrote:EEK! No info on grapes, sugar, etc...no bueno

Hi all. Never fear, this is a serious yet very easy to drink DRY white blend of albarino, chardonnay and gewurztraminer. In a fun package and at a great price. Albarino comes from Monterey, chard an gewurz from Sonoma Valley. What else can i tell you to assure you this is a fantastic deal?

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

wow. staff's got the research down pat for me.

davemary1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davemary1

I went for one. Bought the mixed six of Rockus Bockus and Swami Pinot Noir. Love the R-B and thought I would give this inexpensive white a whirl.

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd

My wish has been answered by the Woot Gods. Thank you!

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
inkycatz wrote:Okay digging around...

http://biggerthanyourhead.net/2010/09/27/the-rockin-wines-of-jeff-bundschu/
Bright Light 2009 is an unusual combination of chardonnay with gewurztraminer and albariño. The wine is incredibly clean and fresh; peach and pear, lychee and melon are seamlessly woven with a wafting of jasmine and honeysuckle, and then, after a few moments, with notes of tangerine and dried grass. Flavors of roasted lemon and spiced pear (with a hint of dried thyme) are bolstered by tongue-grabbing acidity and a long finish jazzed by the slight bitterness of lemon pith and lime peel. Drink through Summer 2011. Very attractive as an aperitif or with grilled seafood like shrimp and mussels. Alcohol content is 14.1 percent. 1,000 cases were produced. Very Good+. About $10 to $13, a Good Value.

Drink through Summer 2011? Does that mean it's past its prime? Just wondering...

Also wondering... are they going to throw in extra labels like they did with their last offering? Really enjoyed the Rockus Bockus. Haven't tried the Swami yet.

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
inkycatz wrote:What's throwing you on the negative side, the price per bottle or the label? (Just curious.)

What kind of threw me off (besides being white, which I generally am not interested in) is that the writeup had no descriptions of the grape, but felt that the label art was notable. I guess, that says to me, that they are more impressed with the label than the contents. But, that is my two cents. I have heard nothing but good things about GB, but that made me leery.

inkycatz

TiraNomChu wrote:wow. staff's got the research down pat for me.

I try to be helpful!

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator
inkycatz wrote:Okay digging around...

Drink through Summer 2011

So this is already past its prime? Surely not...?

EDIT: GMTA, cynthylee!

ssueiro

cynthylee wrote:Drink through Summer 2011? Does that mean it's past its prime? Just wondering...

It is still drinking very well, just had a couple of bottles for Thanksgiving and the fresh fruit aromas and flavors still pop. I think Fred tasted the wine and wrote that review right before the wine was released and was predicting it would fade in a year. But it really hasn't.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

funny, given the name, I expected the woot copy staff to jump on a Gremlins theme...

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
ssueiro wrote:Hi all. Never fear, this is a serious yet very easy to drink DRY white blend of albarino, chardonnay and gewurztraminer. In a fun package and at a great price. Albarino comes from Monterey, chard an gewurz from Sonoma Valley. What else can i tell you to assure you this is a fantastic deal?

This.

cynthylee wrote:Drink through Summer 2011? Does that mean it's past its prime? Just wondering...

Edit: oh never mind, just saw your post above, thanks.

inkycatz

bardolator wrote:So this is already past its prime? Surely not...?

CellarTracker says "Drinking window: not specified", but I am in high doubt if it were past prime it would be here.

Perhaps this is a drink sooner vs later?

EDIT: Thank you, ssueiro! I was googling while you were posting.

cynthylee

ssueiro wrote:It is still drinking very well, just had a couple of bottles for Thanksgiving and the fresh fruit aromas and flavors still pop. I think Fred tasted the wine and wrote that review right before the wine was released and was predicting it would fade in a year. But it really hasn't.

OK... I'm trusting you. I'm typically a red drinker, but white goes nicely with all the football snacks (go Packers!). I'm running low, so you are the pick of the day.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: figment525
Speed to first woot: 1m 35.480s
Last wooter to woot: cynthylee

ssueiro

keithnowak7 wrote:What kind of threw me off (besides being white, which I generally am not interested in) is that the writeup had no descriptions of the grape, but felt that the label art was notable. I guess, that says to me, that they are more impressed with the label than the contents. But, that is my two cents. I have heard nothing but good things about GB, but that made me leery.

Thanks for the feedback, our goal was more about making the language on our website fun and easy to ejnoy, like the wine, but we should definitely include more details for you here on the wine itself.

The blend is albarino, gewurztraminer and chardonnay - there is a great aromatic of spice and lush fruit from the gewurz, and the pallate has a flinty mineral and citrus quality from the albarino but the chard gives it weight and prevents it from being too lean. No oak, keeps it all fresh and clean, and it finishes dry.

vmforrest

quality posts: 9 Private Messages vmforrest
ssueiro wrote:Hi all. Never fear, this is a serious yet very easy to drink DRY white blend of albarino, chardonnay and gewurztraminer. In a fun package and at a great price. Albarino comes from Monterey, chard an gewurz from Sonoma Valley. What else can i tell you to assure you this is a fantastic deal?

Sounds good, in for one! Thanks!

cynthylee

bardolator wrote:So this is already past its prime? Surely not...?

EDIT: GMTA, cynthylee!

GMTA? That's a new one for me. I hope it's good!

Googled it... great minds think alike! So glad!

ssueiro

cynthylee wrote:OK... I'm trusting you. I'm typically a red drinker, but white goes nicely with all the football snacks (go Packers!). I'm running low, so you are the pick of the day.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: figment525
Speed to first woot: 1m 35.480s
Last wooter to woot: cynthylee

Thanks cynthylee, would love your feedback once you try it - susans@gunbun.com. Salud!

inkycatz

ssueiro wrote:No oak, keeps it all fresh and clean, and it finishes dry.

No oak? Sounds delightful!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Has the 2010 of this wine already been released?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

ssueiro

redwinefan wrote:Has the 2010 of this wine already been released?

Yes, just a few weeks ago though when I promised the last of the 2009 to the good people of wine.woot.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
cynthylee wrote:
Also wondering... are they going to throw in extra labels like they did with their last offering?

+1. Would like to add these labels to the collection.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
ssueiro wrote:the good people of wine.woot.

^
^
second this, they are very good people

in for one as well.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

ssueiro

trifecta wrote:+1. Would like to add these labels to the collection.

Sure, why not! Glow in the dark stickers for everyone! (We will add a label to the boxes.)

TomRaz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TomRaz

I have had their other two wines the Blue Nomad Pinot Nior and the Rockus and both are pretty good wines.

I am in for one of these to complete my collection from this winery

cynthylee

ssueiro wrote:Sure, why not! Glow in the dark stickers for everyone! (We will add a label to the boxes.)

Yay! And... I'll make a note to get back to you after I open my first bottle! Looking forward to it.

danaswan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danaswan

Sounds like something fun to try. In for 1. Nice price too. And if I do not care for it I can always use it for a hostess gift. Or keep around the house for guests that may like it.

greeneggsandham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greeneggsandham

Last time Blue Nomad was O.K. in Maryland.

now??