I'm new to the wine.woot world, but I couldn't help noticing on Wine Woot calendar, no Wine Woot gatherings yet in San Francisco! I'm offering to host the first one.
DATE: Saturday, August 13th
1st TIME: 5PM
1st PLACE: August West Wines. We'll get to taste the famous Roar Pinot Noirs directly from the tank w/ winemaker Ed Kurtzman
1st ADDRESS: 81 Dorman Avenue (corner of Dorman & Barneveld St., just off Industrial St.), San Francisco.
Carpool or caravan: I drive a Toyota Prius, so I can carry 4 extra people. Meet me about 4:30pm (2nd Place, the secret wine shop), leave about 4:50pm.
2nd TIME: 6:30PM (if you get there before the rest of us, the chef will buzz you in)
2nd PLACE: The Secret Wine Shop
2nd ADDRESS: 1097 Howard St. #209 (SE corner 7th & Howard), San Francisco. Street parking is usually easy on Howard just before 7th on left-hand-side of street, free after 6pm. 415-625-3285.
THEME: red (or pink) wines you're into during the summer, think BBQ wines! E.g. Zin, red table wine, some Rhone styles are good chilled, pale reds, pinks. But mainly this is just an excuse to meet, share wine & have a good time!
Pop-up chef Russell Jong from The Savory Bite has planned a menu for us. Your $20 donation will get you fed with:
- Assorted crackers, breads and spreads
- Bison Meatballs w/Gorgonzola Dip
- Carnitas Style Pork Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw
- Roasted Summer Vegetable Kabobs
- Dark Chocolate Dessert
WHAT TO BRING:
---A bottle of your fav summer red wine one bottle per couple or two people can sponsor one bottle.
---$20 donation for the food.
HOSTS: secretwine, tenuki, & klezman. Looking forward to a wootin' good time!
1. secretwine - Terra Savia 2008 Petit Verdot about the winemaker -or- maybe I'll pop open a 2004 Wellington Meeks Hilltop Zin from my library -or- if the temp is hotter than 75F that day a chilled Pinot Meunier.
10. klezman +7 - I think it's down to one of (a) Eaglepoint Ranch Grenache (b) Eaglepoint Ranch Coro Mendocino (c) Roche Merlot (d) Truett-Hurst Zinfandel Rose
12. random122 + 1 - Planeta Cerasuolo di Vittoria or SH's Inzinerator
14. tedeci - J.Keverson Zin or one of my homemade ones that won gold in the non-professional category 2010 Sonoma Harvest Fair
16. cmaldoon - tempranillo
2. wineDavid ?