tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Well, now that #9's been set for the weekend before, I'm tempted to hit Vincent Arroyo again. They have an open house at Vincent Arroyo that Saturday including library wines and paella that we've had a blast at in the past. Might hit some stuff afterwards too. Anyone interested?

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
tenuki wrote:Well, now that #9's been set for the weekend before, I'm tempted to hit Vincent Arroyo again. They have an open house at Vincent Arroyo that Saturday including library wines and paella that we've had a blast at in the past. Might hit some stuff afterwards too. Anyone interested?

Highly recommend this. It was so much fun last year. Wish I could go.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
tenuki wrote:Well, now that #9's been set for the weekend before, I'm tempted to hit Vincent Arroyo again. They have an open house at Vincent Arroyo that Saturday including library wines and paella that we've had a blast at in the past. Might hit some stuff afterwards too. Anyone interested?

I would be, if Mother's Day wasn't the next day.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

Remind me closer to the date - I don't know yet what my plans are. That was a lot of fun last year.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:Highly recommend this. It was so much fun last year. Wish I could go.

When are you coming back to CA?

CT

noslensj

quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj

Vincent Arroyo Winery Napa Valley Petite Sirah 2005 on at WTSO right now. $14.99 with free shipping on four or more.

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:When are you coming back to CA?

Not sure. I'm visiting the first week of May but won't have a car. Otherwise I would be visiting with you all. For for permanency, not sure. Depends on the job situation.

tenuki

CAGrl wrote:Not sure. I'm visiting the first week of May but won't have a car. Otherwise I would be visiting with you all. For for permanency, not sure. Depends on the job situation.

Hmm, maybe something can be arranged, especially since klez apparently found all these lurking san jose area wooters

CT

mewalk707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewalk707

This is a no brainer. I'm in.

CAGrl

tenuki wrote:Hmm, maybe something can be arranged, especially since klez apparently found all these lurking san jose area wooters

Hahaha. My time in San Jose in May will mainly be to find a jobby job so I can move back. And spend some time with my lovely nieces. But I will definitely let you all know when I move back. So jealous that you're all having fun without me.

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Hey - will this event be going forward on May 7th? I'm updating the weekly round-up, and I wasn't sure. Thanks!

tenuki

cjsiege wrote:Hey - will this event be going forward on May 7th? I'm updating the weekly round-up, and I wasn't sure. Thanks!

I don't know, what's the minimum to call it a woot gathering? I'm going regardless, mewalk said yes, and have a maybe from klezman and a maybe from my usual two partners in j and worstveg.

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Well, if anyone from L.A. ends up going and feels like taking any orders...we really enjoyed the VA PS Port we all shared at Sparky's wine gathering over the weekend!

tenuki

time2testit wrote:Well, if anyone from L.A. ends up going and feels like taking any orders...we really enjoyed the VA PS Port we all shared at Sparky's wine gathering over the weekend!

I'm guessing wootlegging's pretty easy, if you want some just let us know. It was like $18 or $22 a bottle last time I think, I'll let you know how it tastes in the barrel after.

Edit: thinking about it, sparky was up here last year when we picked up our va orders in oct. or nov.

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:I don't know, what's the minimum to call it a woot gathering? I'm going regardless, mewalk said yes, and have a maybe from klezman and a maybe from my usual two partners in j and worstveg.

I might be able to make it up .... we combined my son's bday and Mother's Day today. So I have to see about timing.

Might try to drive up Friday, meet you guys on Saturday, and head home on Sunday. Have to think about it, so keep me at a Maybe.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:I'm guessing wootlegging's pretty easy, if you want some just let us know. It was like $18 or $22 a bottle last time I think, I'll let you know how it tastes in the barrel after.

Edit: thinking about it, sparky was up here last year when we picked up our va orders in oct. or nov.

I want to say August or September, when Mewalk and I won our Grape Stomping round at Scott's to win the 1869 Magnum.

Edit: Sept. 18th Scott Harvey Wine Stomp

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:I might be able to make it up .... we combined my son's bday and Mother's Day today. So I have to see about timing.

Might try to drive up Friday, meet you guys on Saturday, and head home on Sunday. Have to think about it, so keep me at a Maybe.

K, would be good to see you, not sure who else is going right now besides mewalk, worstveg and j are both off doing other things, might try to drag someone else up with me, we'll see. klez has other plans but if they fall through might be up for it.

CT

klezman

tenuki wrote:K, would be good to see you, not sure who else is going right now besides mewalk, worstveg and j are both off doing other things, might try to drag someone else up with me, we'll see. klez has other plans but if they fall through might be up for it.

Other wine drinking plans - a friend is organising a wine bus to Sonoma.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 49 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

For those of you going this weekend, please give JJ a nice pat on the shoulder's for me!

klezman

tenuki wrote:K, would be good to see you, not sure who else is going right now besides mewalk, worstveg and j are both off doing other things, might try to drag someone else up with me, we'll see. klez has other plans but if they fall through might be up for it.

Thanks in part to WD, the wine bus is a go. So while I won't be sipping on Rattlesnake PS at VA, I will be sampling Pinot, Chard and Zin at 4 Sonoma/RRV wineries. If they've got good deals going, though, let me know. I might ask you to grab a couple for me. And enjoy the paella!

tenuki

Came down with a cold so I'm now a maybe, I'll update Saturday or text y'all.

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Came down with a cold so I'm now a maybe, I'll update Saturday or text y'all.

Move me down to a No from the Maybe. Stuff came up.

time2testit

tenuki wrote:I'm guessing wootlegging's pretty easy, if you want some just let us know. It was like $18 or $22 a bottle last time I think, I'll let you know how it tastes in the barrel after.

Well, I just realized I didn't get back to you and it is happening tomorrow. Now that Mark isn't going, wootlegging may be more difficult unless anyone from LA is going. What did you mean about tasting it in the barrel? Do they do tasting of new vintages from the barrel that haven't been bottle yet at this? Do they have specials during the open house? If so, then I would definitely be interested in a bottle of the PS Port.

tenuki

time2testit wrote:Well, I just realized I didn't get back to you and it is happening tomorrow. Now that Mark isn't going, wootlegging may be more difficult unless anyone from LA is going. What did you mean about tasting it in the barrel? Do they do tasting of new vintages from the barrel that haven't been bottle yet at this? Do they have specials during the open house? If so, then I would definitely be interested in a bottle of the PS Port.

Ah, so the stuff isn't actually released until later in the year, hence our discussion of Sparky was up here last year in August or September when we picked up our orders. Tomorrow's basically a day to taste and pre-order while also trying some of their library stuff, and if I remember correctly they do offer some specials on older stuff they're trying to move. If I make it I'll update tomorrow and you can just e-mail an order. If you just want a bottle of port, I'll just order an extra and if you want it you can take it, and if not I'd happily keep it

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Ah, so the stuff isn't actually released until later in the year, hence our discussion of Sparky was up here last year in August or September when we picked up our orders. Tomorrow's basically a day to taste and pre-order while also trying some of their library stuff, and if I remember correctly they do offer some specials on older stuff they're trying to move. If I make it I'll update tomorrow and you can just e-mail an order. If you just want a bottle of port, I'll just order an extra and if you want it you can take it, and if not I'd happily keep it

I forget, are you going to Vegas next weekend for the bottling?

And I may try to call in and order some more port while you are there, so you can pick it up for me.

kittykris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kittykris

Hmm, sounds tempting. Is anyone going at this point? We have 2 other events today but one is in San Rafael so might try to hit this early. Tenuki hope you are feeling better & it would be great to see Mewalk again....

tenuki

Sorry, I couldn't get a signal out there. No real discounts, picked up a few of the 05 ports, most of which sparky has claimed. They didn't have this year's port, but I asked and the guy said it was pretty good, and that their port's been pretty consistent through the years, so I'll probably order some at some point and get a bottle to you at some point time2.

CT

time2testit

So...the suspense is killing me...did you go? Was it so good that you didn't post anything? Did you order/buy any port for us lower Cal wooters? Do tell...

Edit: Funny...we must have each been typing at the same time! Well, if you have an extra bottle of the 2005 port that you got (we got the 2008 when we were there) let me know and we can figure it out! Thanks Tenuki!