0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

bpr2

quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

THIS WAS A LAUNCH ITEM! http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3725191

that was fun while it lasted!

vinithehat

quality posts: 23 Private Messages vinithehat
bpr2 wrote:THIS WAS A LAUNCH ITEM! http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3725191

and it was deemed garbage by many back then!

afranke

quality posts: 10 Private Messages afranke
vinithehat wrote:and it was deemed garbage by many back then!

What a jerky thing to say.

bbarlame

quality posts: 17 Private Messages bbarlame

woot off killer. let's get some chevre goin on up in here!

gmmcintyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmmcintyre

Only a penny less than the Krave website: http://www.kravejerky.com/sample-pack/sample-pack-all-5-flavors.

zoomtard

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zoomtard

actually, it's quite good, it just depends what you're looking for. there were mixed reviews, but a lot of people were reviewing based on having only tried one of the five flavors, which vary wildly.

i posted a detailed review the last time it came up:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3809583&PageIndex=9&ReplyCount=325#post3840067

thatgrrl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages thatgrrl

It was at least deemed to be a mediocre deal. At the Krave web site you can get the same thing, with free shipping at the same price, but you get to pick your own flavors.
http://www.kravejerky.com/sample-pack/sample-pack-all-5-flavors

No need to jump on this at all.

zildjian119

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zildjian119

jerky.woot.com

bFusion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bFusion

I purchased this last woot-off on the main site. It's GOOD jerky, but overall I don't like it. Some of the flavors are so coated in sauce they are slimy and a huge mess to eat. Some of the flavors are so overpowered that they blow out and don't seem to taste like what they're supposed to (if that makes sense).

I like the jerky, but I was expecting something completely different than what I received.

I write music you may enjoy. --> http://www.abstractionmusic.com <-- Download the album for free.

vinithehat

bFusion wrote:I purchased this last woot-off on the main site. It's GOOD jerky, but overall I don't like it. Some of the flavors are so coated in sauce they are slimy and a huge mess to eat. Some of the flavors are so overpowered that they blow out and don't seem to taste like what they're supposed to (if that makes sense).

I like the jerky, but I was expecting something completely different than what I received.

how was the pork jerky?

jbloom1986

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbloom1986

There were definitely some good flavors - especially the Teriyaki Pork jerky. I never had Pork jerky before and it didn't seem overly moist like some of the other flavors. If they did a better job of absorbing the moisture after packaging, this would be a lot better. The flavors themselves were very interesting and if not for the moisture problems, I would be in for 3... Instead in for zero :'(

leftymgp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leftymgp

It's probably a good thing that this will be up for the next 10 hours. The last thing I need to do is buy more wine.

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316

Got this during the launch event. I really can't recommend. The jerkies were a wet, slimy, mushy mess. Tons of cartilage. They were all loaded with sugar or other sweetening, which seemed totally unnecessary. On top of that, there were way too many additives and artificial colorings. All in all, some of the least impressive jerky I've ever had.

RyanCianfarani

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RyanCianfarani

Dear Wine.Woot,

Please put up some better products than this in today's woot off. For one, I don't eat meat, and your lack of wine in this woot off has caused me to cheat on you on another wine site :0! If not for me, do it for the children!

Thank you,

Ryan

CT

collin2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collin2

I bought this on a woot-off few weeks back. Biggest waste of money ever. This stuff is inedible...and i LOVE jerky

hobbie

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hobbie

The pork jerky was HORRIBLE.

Komarimashitane!

beerandt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beerandt

I bought it last time (2 orders actually, I love Jerky) and was disappointed. The jerky is dehydrated, and THEN the flavoring is added, making the jerky wet, sugary, and gooey. I would also think that this keeps it from lasting as long as traditional jerky. And while some people may like the creative flavors, I prefer the more classic flavors available for less money at the local store. I ate maybe 2 pieces of each (I had to at least give it a second chance) then trashed it.

wendywc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wendywc

This stuff is really good. I love the sweet, moist jerky of the pineapple orange and the tangy but spicy lime pepper the best! But, I still am slowly pacing myself on my last batch. So I really don't need to get another batch, especially when some of the other flavors are good but not as tempting to me.

dextermeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dextermeth

The best option for this jerky is to go to their website and create an a la carte 5 pack for $25.

The best flavors were sweet chipotle, garlic chili pepper and teriyaki pork.

Hempseed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hempseed

I wouldn't buy this stuff again.

apmyhr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages apmyhr

I bought these last time they were on Woot. I tried all 5 flavors. I don't really regret my purchase, I can't resist trying out Jerky. But I will say I honestly think I like the generic store bought brands better than this stuff. The flavors were just a little to weird for me. I thought the Smoked Terriaky would be normal, but I found that one to be WAY too moist. Also, the bindings are really strong, resulting in making it hard to take just a little piece from the bag. For 5 bucks a bag though, you might as well try it, if you like jerky. I doubt I will ever buy these again though.

bFusion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bFusion
vinithehat wrote:how was the pork jerky?

Honestly, it was my favorite. It isn't tough to chew, the flavor is subtle, but tasty, and it's not slimy to the touch.

I write music you may enjoy. --> http://www.abstractionmusic.com <-- Download the album for free.

vinithehat

RyanCianfarani wrote:Dear Wine.Woot,

Please put up some better products than this in today's woot off. For one, I don't eat meat, and your lack of wine in this woot off has caused me to cheat on you on another wine site :0! If not for me, do it for the children!

Thank you,

Ryan

Get that booze up there for the kids! the KIDS!

apmyhr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages apmyhr
beerandt wrote:I bought it last time (2 orders actually, I love Jerky) and was disappointed. The jerky is dehydrated, and THEN the flavoring is added, making the jerky wet, sugary, and gooey. I would also think that this keeps it from lasting as long as traditional jerky. And while some people may like the creative flavors, I prefer the more classic flavors available for less money at the local store. I ate maybe 2 pieces of each (I had to at least give it a second chance) then trashed it.

Thank you, I thought the jerky seemed way to moist, I was afraid it was just me going crazy though. I figured it was just a sign of high quality Artisan jerky or some gristle, and that I just wasn't sophisticated enough to appreciate it. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone.

petvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages petvirus

i came here to say that these things suck. i bought them when they first came out, they are sweet and horrible.

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

Voof. Fail. Bad deal on not a great product (HFCS in jerky, fer crissakes).

Please, more vino and cheese please. The new gf loved the Cypress Grove goat cheese. Got me in good

froggywithfries

quality posts: 4 Private Messages froggywithfries

Hey, with all the glowing reviews...only 5 hours till sellout. And that number is going up, not down!

bbarlame

quality posts: 17 Private Messages bbarlame

What everyone meant to say was this stuff is great and everyone should go in for 3!

myrlin

quality posts: 9 Private Messages myrlin

I will be a turd in the punch bowl with this Jerky.

I love good soft jerky (which this was), but the flavors were really meh to bad.

The lime was nasty, the pineapple was nasty, the chili one was edible, the pork was edible, and i forgot what the last one was...

It was good quality, so if the flavors really speak to you go for it, but as a traditional jerky lover (even terriyaki, turkey, bbq, pork, whatever) I will not buy these again.

008 Barrels of Crud
183 Bottles of Juice

leftymgp

bbarlame wrote:What everyone meant to say was this stuff is great and everyone should go in for 3!

Err, yeah, uh. This stuff is really good. Everybody buy as much as you can quickly!

northcutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages northcutt

Haven't had my coffee yet. Load up Woot when I get to my desk and what do I see when I look at the thumbnail preview? Magic cards. I see what you're doing Woot marketing department...

gottadive

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gottadive

side note about one of the common jerky sticks out on the market. check out the ingredients! the first thing listed is "Mechanically separated chicken"! Not sure if I really want to know what mechanically separated means nor do I want to know why a form of chicken is listed as the primary ingredient!

UtherDoul

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UtherDoul

I bought this last time and I really liked it. Yes, it isn't the most healthy product, but personally I'm not eating beef jerky for my health.

The chili lime and pork were definitely the best, but I like the others, too.

islidur

quality posts: 3 Private Messages islidur

I'm glad this came up. I've got some things to do today and was afraid I'd miss something good. Now, I have time to take care of those things while this gristle stalls the Woot off.

leftymgp

gottadive wrote:side note about one of the common jerky sticks out on the market. check out the ingredients! the first thing listed is "Mechanically separated chicken"! Not sure if I really want to know what mechanically separated means nor do I want to know why a form of chicken is listed as the primary ingredient!

Mmm, nothing brings out the flavor like mechanical separation.

dand2400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dand2400

The pieces are sliced thicker than the reqular Jerky. The flavors were good but I would not purchase this brand again. Just did not feel like jerky.

RafeIsNotASir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RafeIsNotASir

I prefer my jerky fake and far cheaper... Go, Slim Jim. ^_^

eviggraves

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eviggraves
gottadive wrote:side note about one of the common jerky sticks out on the market. check out the ingredients! the first thing listed is "Mechanically separated chicken"! Not sure if I really want to know what mechanically separated means nor do I want to know why a form of chicken is listed as the primary ingredient!

Wow, I had to look up "mechanically separated chicken" after reading this and it is very creepy-looking stuff. http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2009/08/03/guess-whats-in-the-picture-foodlike-substance/