michelleshari

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michelleshari

Okay. It's been way too long. And WWA SHOULD almost be allowed to drink again. And there's new Coloradoans posting on the forums. So... we need to organize another tasting party.

Check out our cellar

blusky558

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blusky558
michelleshari wrote:Okay. It's been way too long. And WWA SHOULD almost be allowed to drink again. And there's new Coloradoans posting on the forums. So... we need to organize another tasting party.

Can a neighbor to the north come too? I'm a newbie, but can make the trip south on occasion, especially for a good reason like a tasting party.

michelleshari

blusky558 wrote:Can a neighbor to the north come too? I'm a newbie, but can make the trip south on occasion, especially for a good reason like a tasting party.

ALL are welcome, near and far.

Check out our cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

...bump....

And our friends from Nebraska aren't too far away either....

nmsoonergirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmsoonergirl

What kind of time frame are you thinking of? I'll be in Denver the last two weeks of May (Chad's graduation is May 15th).

michelleshari

nmsoonergirl wrote:What kind of time frame are you thinking of? I'll be in Denver the last two weeks of May (Chad's graduation is May 15th).

April is no good for us, but anytime in May is fine.

Check out our cellar

JesseM3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JesseM3

I'm potentially in. May works better than April but it depends on the weekend.

michelleshari

JesseM3 wrote:I'm potentially in. May works better than April but it depends on the weekend.

YAY! I'd LOVE to have you and Tony come visit. Which weekends work for you?

Check out our cellar

slicknik82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slicknik82

Hey all, new to this but got turned onto the Colorado thread from the getting to know you thread.

I'm in Colorado too...

Wahoo FACEBOOK!

michelleshari

slicknik82 wrote:Hey all, new to this but got turned onto the Colorado thread from the getting to know you thread.

I'm in Colorado too...

welcome!

Check out our cellar

danncer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danncer

I'll also be in Denver for a graduation in May. I'll be in Arvada May 17-21. If there's a wine.woot gathering during that time, I'll see if I can work it into my schedule.

woot! purchases since 10/2006: a whole lotta wine, a few t-shirts, a bunch of miscellaneous stuff, and not one single Box Of Crackers.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
danncer wrote:I'll also be in Denver for a graduation in May. I'll be in Arvada May 17-21. If there's a wine.woot gathering during that time, I'll see if I can work it into my schedule.

Danncer, you okay? Sent you 2 PM's about RPM's July tour. Are you still planning on going? Most of us are at the Best Western Garden Inn, and I'm not sure how much room they have left. Also let you know where I booked for Gilroy, and asked if you wanted to stop by Paso Robles (Madison Cellars - Madwine) on the way back (added only about one or two hours to trip back).

Hope everything is okay with you and your mom.

Mark

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

laurmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laurmom

Oh Oh Oh Oh.... I would LOVE to attend a tasting! Keep updating. I'm in Castle Rock, will travel.

nmsoonergirl

So haven't checked in a while (we had not one but TWO grandparents die last week, so I've been home with the extended family).

I'll be around the last two weeks of May. If everyone wants to start throwing some possible dates out there, maybe we can start to nail something down.

I'll try to get in touch with Judy via facebook and see if she'd be interested.

michelleshari

nmsoonergirl wrote:So haven't checked in a while (we had not one but TWO grandparents die last week, so I've been home with the extended family).

I'll be around the last two weeks of May. If everyone wants to start throwing some possible dates out there, maybe we can start to nail something down.

I'll try to get in touch with Judy via facebook and see if she'd be interested.

Are people around Memorial Day weekend? We're gone the weekend after that, but could also do the weekend before (though that's getting to be last minute...)

Check out our cellar

joelsisk

michelleshari wrote:Are people around Memorial Day weekend? We're gone the weekend after that, but could also do the weekend before (though that's getting to be last minute...)

And, while we did a Sat eve last time, we could try for an afternoon too... and let's not forget that Memorial Day is the official start to BBQ season. Unfortunately, we don't own a BBQ.

slicknik82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slicknik82

My job is crazy busy right now and it doesn't look like I'll get Memorial Day off this year. However, I will be down for a tasting at SIP this Saturday. (I'll be honest, I'm a bit intimidated by you all too as I have VERY little knowledge of what I am doing with this wine stuff). Anyways, the event at SIP is a Michigan State/University of Michigan Alumni event but all are welcome. Anyways, the focal point will be grate BBQ pairings. Maybe some of you'll join in?

Wahoo FACEBOOK!

joelsisk

Bump

As the wine map shows we have a lot of heat, not sure why we can't seem to get something together, but it's mid-May and we had some ideas about something potentially around Memorial Day in a couple weeks. Anyone still up for that?

laurmom

I might be up for Memorial Day something.... I'll keep checking. Thanks!

nmsoonergirl

Chad and I won't be able to do memorial day (or really anytime in the near future)--but maybe when things calm down later this year we can host one in the Springs.

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13
nmsoonergirl wrote:Chad and I won't be able to do memorial day (or really anytime in the near future)--but maybe when things calm down later this year we can host one in the Springs.

Hi all:
Used to live in Woodland Park (30 min. up Hwy 24 from COS) and now live in Texas. However, perhaps this offer might be interesting...we own property north of Woodland Park and are going to be out there before the 4 th of July camping for a few days.

If anyone wants to have a wine tasting al fresco (we do have a rain fly and pop up shelter in place) either Saturday or Sunday, June 28 or 29, I would be happy to host in primitive but glorious surroundings. If you have interest, PM me and we can see if one of you locals wants to help organize a gathering.

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

michelleshari

alfisti13 wrote:Hi all:
Used to live in Woodland Park (30 min. up Hwy 24 from COS) and now live in Texas. However, perhaps this offer might be interesting...we own property north of Woodland Park and are going to be out there before the 4 th of July camping for a few days.

If anyone wants to have a wine tasting al fresco (we do have a rain fly and pop up shelter in place) either Saturday or Sunday, June 28 or 29, I would be happy to host in primitive but glorious surroundings. If you have interest, PM me and we can see if one of you locals wants to help organize a gathering.

That sounds amazing. Unfortunately, I'll be in Keystone that weekend for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. However, Joel might be around...

Check out our cellar

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13
michelleshari wrote:That sounds amazing. Unfortunately, I'll be in Keystone that weekend for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. However, Joel might be around...

OK, Joel, are you around the weekend of June 28-29 and interested in an outdoor tasting at 8400'? Since we are on undeveloped land, the only caveat is that you bring your own chairs, otherwise you will find yourself pulling up a log to sit on!

Any interest, Colorado??? It would be great fun to share some wine with fellow enthusiasts, and get the Colorado Take 2 to actually happen. PM me if anyone has a serious interest, and see if we can get this thing rolling.

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

kcehehttahw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcehehttahw

I would like to come to a wine tasting event if one materializes.

On a side note, I am trying to put together a tasting event for my family and friends in Estes Park on Friday, July 18th. I would like someone knowledgeable in wine to come and help out. There would be ~20 people. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I found this guy at affordablewinetastings.com, but I am not too sure about him.

joelsisk

alfisti13 wrote:OK, Joel, are you around the weekend of June 28-29 and interested in an outdoor tasting at 8400'? Since we are on undeveloped land, the only caveat is that you bring your own chairs, otherwise you will find yourself pulling up a log to sit on!

Any interest, Colorado??? It would be great fun to share some wine with fellow enthusiasts, and get the Colorado Take 2 to actually happen. PM me if anyone has a serious interest, and see if we can get this thing rolling.

BUMP

Actually, I could probably be persuaded. I've been off the boards for 3 weeks or so, due to travel schedules and work and play, so didn't actually see this and Michelle didn't mention it. What are the chances that a 90 lb Malamute would be welcome to run around?

It's so sad that Colorado is often lit up on the heat map, but can't seem to get a few folks together. I'm still holding out for Bhodi making the trip from Nebraska, course he can't do it if we never meet!

nmsoonergirl

alfisti13 wrote:OK, Joel, are you around the weekend of June 28-29 and interested in an outdoor tasting at 8400'? Since we are on undeveloped land, the only caveat is that you bring your own chairs, otherwise you will find yourself pulling up a log to sit on!

I sent a PM to aflisti a few weeks ago asking if I could bring my 115 pound houndog, and never heard back, so either he (or she) is off the boards or just doesn't love large, slobbery dogs.
I'll be in the Springs the weekend of June 27th if anyone wants to get together I could likely host, but my sister will be out of town and Chad will probably be be working, so it seems possible it would just be me and Joel and a two large dogs, and I'm not sure that would make for a terribly entertaining tasing.

Maybe something will work out for later this summer. Or maybe I'll just start flying to Chicago for my woot tastings

joelsisk

nmsoonergirl wrote: so it seems possible it would just be me and Joel and a two large dogs, and I'm not sure that would make for a terribly entertaining tasing.

or maybe it would

course, more folks with more vino would be better! I think the two large dogs may be enough though...

and I keep missing the SoCal AND the NYC events... damn clients must read these boards and cause me to be off those weeks!

JudyL1118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118

How many "Coloradans" do we actually have? I also know that some of our neighboring states might be interested in joining a party too. I was thinking that it might be fun to have the party at a hotel in Denver, so that safe driving is not an issue, especially since we seem to be spread out a bit thinly througout the state, rather than concentrated in one area. I've got free weekends in July and August, and would be willing to set all this up. I just need a fairly accurate head-count. What do you think?

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

joelsisk

JudyL1118 wrote:How many "Coloradans" do we actually have? I also know that some of our neighboring states might be interested in joining a party too. I was thinking that it might be fun to have the party at a hotel in Denver, so that safe driving is not an issue, especially since we seem to be spread out a bit thinly througout the state, rather than concentrated in one area. I've got free weekends in July and August, and would be willing to set all this up. I just need a fairly accurate head-count. What do you think?

Well, there are a ton of wine.wooters in the state. But, apparently few on the boards. We had a good crowd at the first gathering, and that didn't include some of the more recent additions who've chimed in.

Judy - if you want to take on the organization, I say go for it! This is the most activity on this thread (or topic for that matter) in quite a while.

nmsoonergirl

A hotel sounds great to me. I'll be in Downtown Denver July 24-28 for a conference, if that date happens to work for people. Have absolutely NO idea what my August is going to be like...I know I don't work the last two weekends in August.

JudyL1118

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JudyL1118

Well, July 24 sounds like a good date to start with! One thing, though...for the next two weeks, I will be very, very busy - family reunion followed by son's wedding. When I get back in town, I will start searching for the perfect place. I like Denver because it's more central, but we could always have the get together at my house, if I can't find anyting that suits our needs. I'll try to keep posting information on the pub page, as well as the main - pleading for a head count, but if anyone wants to help me with attracting attention to our get-together over the next few weeks, feel free to jump in. When I get back, I'll hit the ground running!

Judy

Who hides behind that wine.woot user name?
Please post a quick bio on Getting to Know You
Join us on Facebook, too!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
JudyL1118 wrote:Well, July 24 sounds like a good date to start with! One thing, though...for the next two weeks, I will be very, very busy - family reunion followed by son's wedding. When I get back in town, I will start searching for the perfect place. I like Denver because it's more central, but we could always have the get together at my house, if I can't find anyting that suits our needs. I'll try to keep posting information on the pub page, as well as the main - pleading for a head count, but if anyone wants to help me with attracting attention to our get-together over the next few weeks, feel free to jump in. When I get back, I'll hit the ground running!

Judy

Just wanted to remind you that some people will be heading back home from the RPM Historical tour of California (Napa & Sonoma) on the 24th.

And I will keep checking, my cousin runs a hotel out in Colorado some place, so I might visit him and you guys too!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Depending on the location, I'd probably be in for another tasting, especially if it was downtown. I hesitate to commit since I can rarely plan more than a few hours into the future though...

I'd love to host, but, well, I live in a studio with very few places to sit and very little in the way of glassware, heh.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

laurmom

BAH! We won't return from our crazy OR-CA trip until July 27th. I'll be sad to miss it. Can't wait to hear all about it though. The Castle Rock Wine Fest is July 19th. We won't be here this year, but we have had a wonderful time in the past if anyone is interested.

joelsisk

laurmom wrote:BAH! We won't return from our crazy OR-CA trip until July 27th. I'll be sad to miss it. Can't wait to hear all about it though. The Castle Rock Wine Fest is July 19th. We won't be here this year, but we have had a wonderful time in the past if anyone is interested.

So, are we thinking Friday (25) or Saturday (26)? Any preferences?

ours would be the Sat eve (or afternoon)

nmsoonergirl

Either day would be fine with me. Late afternoon or evening would work (I'll be in meetings all day, but would have no qualms about slipping out early).
I'll be at the Courtyard Downtown, the conference is at the Downtown Hyatt. I don't know if I'll have a rental car, but can certainly take a cab or a bus if we don't decide on a downtown location.

laurmom

nmsoonergirl wrote:Either day would be fine with me. Late afternoon or evening would work (I'll be in meetings all day, but would have no qualms about slipping out early).
I'll be at the Courtyard Downtown, the conference is at the Downtown Hyatt. I don't know if I'll have a rental car, but can certainly take a cab or a bus if we don't decide on a downtown location.

Sad, sad me... we won't be back so don't count on us for a date. I expect a FULL report though! If any of you are around tomorrow we're having a party in the back yard in Castle Rock, we'd LOVE to have you join us! ( I bought box wine for the masses, but I'll break out the good stuff for a wooter!)

joelsisk

I might have missed it....

did we figure out where and when?

last I remember, 25 or 26 July, somewhere downtown....

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
joelsisk wrote:I might have missed it....

did we figure out where and when?

last I remember, 25 or 26 July, somewhere downtown....

July 25 is what I've got down for you all. Not that *I* am the decider. But it's the last date showing. Do you have a theme? Or is it "we don't need no stinkin' theme" night?

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

joelsisk

CpprCr8 wrote:July 25 is what I've got down for you all. Not that *I* am the decider. But it's the last date showing. Do you have a theme? Or is it "we don't need no stinkin' theme" night?

CJ, I think the current theme is "we want to have more than just Joel show up."