jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
ERMD wrote:Remember 2 glasses of red a day helps keep the ...... away?

More medical advice from one of the esteemed docs on the board is making this harder and harder to resist. I have gone from "should I or shouldn't I" to "1 or 2"?

Edit: And, if I order before 10:00AM, would I stand a chance at being a là brat?

notfromtexas wrote:Are your parents hermits? Monks? Yeti? Even my 80 yo grandmother has internet. She can't figure out how to turn the computer on, but still.....

With the right cell phone, you can even order on the road (as in, in the car -- very handy during wootoffs, you know!)

CT | | | | | |

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

And lo, the road to the draining of the wallet was made known to me,
And it's name was wine woot.

After a slow start, I can't seem to stay away. The Windsor trio....who could pass up a six-pack of Humbug......I had been looking for a nice decanter (glad I bought before breakfast - it was sold out by the time I got to work!).....now this. I guess I'll be selling the children for medical experiments, just to pay for the wine!

Please, offer some stuff I have no interest in for the next few weeks, so I can get my bank balance back where it needs to be.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Got it the last time and will get it again. I even took the time to email them since the back of the bottle has their email and asks for feedback. The OGP Zin was AWESOME, wish it had 2 bottles of that again. Should crack one of the 2003 Sangiovese that came with the last woot tonight. I've only had the 2 Zins.
-Pengu1n

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
djvitruvius wrote:Can I get a little clarification on 'arrives before christmas?' Are we talking on or before Friday, Dec 21, or are we talking arriving on Monday, Dec 24? The reason I ask is that I'm leaving the evening on Friday, Dec 21. I'm in Cleveland if that helps get a better delivery estimate. Thanks!

Having lived on the west side of Cleveland, when I ordered wine on Monday, I usually got it by Wednesday of the next week at the latest. Occasionally by Friday, but I expected it to hang out in UPS custody over the weekend.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

InHoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InHoc

I really enjoyed this wine last time, and will place my order shortly. I do have one question for Suzy & Jim, though. Is this the same Zin that you offered us last time? I think the last one was the OGP if my memory is accurate, and had a history as the oldest Zin in the state. I loved the others, but the Zin was a little thin for me. Just curious. Keep in mind that I think highly enough of your wines from my last purchase, to buy before hearing your answer. I'm just curious about this Zin.

Thank you!

samiratou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samiratou

Okay, y'all talked me into it. In for 2.

cpsigsegv

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cpsigsegv

First sucker: Loweeel
Speed to first woot: 0m 32.470s

Last wooter to woot: cpsigsegv

In for 2. Had to buy a new wine rack for the basement to hold all my woot.loot, and now it's looking empty so I must fill it up.

louas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louas

Suzy: Loved your wines last time. But AZ isn't on the list this time. This continually confounds me. I just just can't seem to understand why some wine woots ship to AZ and some will not. WineDavid feel free to comment.

ddbernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ddbernst
alukan wrote:Ahh ... I hadn't received mine either and was wondering the same thing.

Oh ... in for 3 on this one. Here's hoping that the labrat fairy visits

She called me middle of last week with a question regarding the card I wanted stuck in the order - so she's working on it!

sshap813

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sshap813

Brunello is made from the sangiovese grape, but it is aged much longer in oak barrels (4 or 5 years, longer for riservas).

schuey

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schuey
Loweeel wrote:damnit, after these comments, I'm tempted to email service and upgrade to 2, if for no other reason than I only have 1 other bottle of Sang currently in my cellar... it will probably depend on the drinking windows, so hopefully we can get an answer on that before tomorrow morning.

I too would love to hear about the drinking window for these. 3-5 years sound about right Suzy?
Thanks!

pengu1n

Vino Noceto Quartet
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: pengu1n

Got 2 (Christmas budget). Wish I would have gotten 2 or 3 the first time this winery was around. WineDavid can confirm that I sent him an email thanking him for making me a LabRat for the Humbug and asked if he could try to get Noceto back again...Karma is good to me yet again......Thanks WD!

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
Loweeel wrote:damnit, after these comments, I'm tempted to email service and upgrade to 2, if for no other reason than I only have 1 other bottle of Sang currently in my cellar... it will probably depend on the drinking windows, so hopefully we can get an answer on that before tomorrow morning.

You guys are killin me here. I thought I was going to get off "cheap" this week by only ordering one, but I'm feeling more and more like I should email them to up my order to at least 2.
At this rate I'm going to have boxes of wine stacked up around the basement waiting to be drunk....and I've already surpassed $1000 on wine since June...

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

fseppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fseppy

Back from a hiatus forced of non stop domestic travel, which involved fourteen re bookings, one delay due to a medical emergency involving spilled bodily fluids (NOT mine) and a plane being fumigated while those of us who had already boarded remained IN THE PLANE, a snowstorm in Seattle, another one in Minneapolis, a seven hour delay in New York and all of the above resulting in the loss of 6 upgrades. Upon my return, I was knocked to my knees by a high fever and laryngitis, but I'm out of bed today and getting ready for a hectic week of more work...at least locally.

Who, besides me, deserves to be a lab rat?

Oh, and it is so good to be home! Despite the lucrative travel, my cash flow is in the toilet so only one for me. Happy Chanukah!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

Clicked I want one, clicked I want two, then clicked I want one, then thought, no you cant' afford this this week so backed out. Read the first ten comments, clicked back, clicked I want one, hurriedly clicked this info is correct and buy it before I could talk myself into two that I can't afford this week. I have ZERO willpower. Gonna have to call the boss at the part part time job and pick up a few hours it looks like. Silly wine.woot and your irresistable wines.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

akretz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akretz

Too much alcohol and too little blending for my wallet lately, but it's nice to see we are back in the wine!

76 Bottles -- 3 tacky woot -- 2 seachimps -- CHEESE!!!!!

Avg Bottle = $16.59

jonstrib

quality posts: 14 Private Messages jonstrib

some very positive reviews as well as the descriptions make this sound like a real holiday treat.

perhaps the winemaker can discuss the "reserve" label a bit since each winery may mean something different and there are no uniform US standards for designating a wine as "reserve".

darisgin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darisgin

Hmmm... prolly woulda been in on this one, but no MA shipping, and I have really abused my wootlegger recently (woot is not the only game in town, after all). He took the Humbug shipment (and a bottle for himself, with compliments), but I do not think I can send another order so soon...

And Massachusetts is considered "progressive"???

Stuart Cellars Temecula Trio; Woot Cellars Polyphemus Magnum; Woot Cellars Humbug; Wellington Vineyards Reserve Duo, three pack, three pack + mystery; Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah; Ty Caton Three-Pack Sampler; Dry Creek Two-Pack Reds

djvitruvius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djvitruvius
Gatzby wrote:Having lived on the west side of Cleveland, when I ordered wine on Monday, I usually got it by Wednesday of the next week at the latest. Occasionally by Friday, but I expected it to hang out in UPS custody over the weekend.

Yeah. That's been my usual experience as well, but I figured I'd ask anyways. I have a concierge service here than can do package receiving for me, so I'll ship it to them just in case.

IN FOR TWO!

Oh, and PLEASE MAKE ME A LABRAT! :-D

fgfljsb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fgfljsb

Mmmmm loved this wine last time, was mad at myself for splittin the case with a friend. Got my OWN this time!! =)
Would LOVE to be 'ratted, but alas had to change the shipping to home as I will not be working about the time this should arrive. and there is NO WAY I'd leave it sitting around the office - those boozers would DEFINITELY not save it for me!!!

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
djvitruvius wrote:Can I get a little clarification on 'arrives before christmas?' Are we talking on or before Friday, Dec 21, or are we talking arriving on Monday, Dec 24? The reason I ask is that I'm leaving the evening on Friday, Dec 21. I'm in Cleveland if that helps get a better delivery estimate. Thanks!

should get there by Friday

torofrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torofrog

Vino Noceto Quartet
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: Torofrog

Come on...no whammies...no whammies...labrat!

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth. -George Burns

vquasarv

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vquasarv

In for one. I wasn't going to woot because I haven't had a Sang before (only in blends) so I didn't want to leap in for three not knowing what my tastebuds are going to have to say about it, but then these comments made me take that leap of faith. I will definitely have a handle on Sang after this thats for sure!

"Cause once you're addicted to wine and champagne,It's gonna drive you insane,
Because the world's not so tame." -The Kinks

seeinspots1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seeinspots1

Last wooter to woot: seeinspots1

Okay, I'm in. And now for the ceremonial begging for labrat status... please, please, pretty please??

kramsauer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kramsauer

Baaaah! After all the humbug, I don't know what I'm going to do because I can't help myself...

subinsignia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages subinsignia
winefarm wrote:Thought of you when we secured this one subinsignia.

WD

I truly love their wines. I've been a Big Nut Club member since I first visited there. I have had or owned over a dozen cases of the wines since the 2003 vintage.

Steve Jones

thevex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevex

Suzy--how soon should these be drunk--or are they for holding on for a while

Thanks

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel
jwhite6114 wrote:With the right cell phone, you can even order on the road (as in, in the car -- very handy during wootoffs, you know!)

When they say "10 am", I think they mean 1pm real time

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

subinsignia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages subinsignia
Loweeel wrote:When they say "10 am", I think they mean 1pm real time

Spoken like a true New Yawker. Real time is east coast time, "The City" is Manhattan (not some snort!y place like Chicago or Boston or Houston). Lawyers! ;)

Steve Jones

UnfrozenCaveman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UnfrozenCaveman

Looking forward to this. Reviews sound promising.

joegopher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joegopher

In my quest to turn my box black, I'm in for one.

Oh yeah, the wine looks pretty good too...

56 wine.woots and counting...

BoredStiff

quality posts: 13 Private Messages BoredStiff

This will be my first introduction to the sangiovese grape. Based on the reviews here and price point, figured it was worth a whirl. After thoroughly enjoying 2 bottles Mumm Cuvee M, quaffing a bottle of pomegranate wine, finishing off the last of the Sake One, and handing out half my supply of the Humbug this weekend, I figured woot has proven itself to me.

Last wooter to woot: BoredStiff

bunnymasseuse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bunnymasseuse

If you get labratted I might have to come over and crash your tasting party

129 Woots and counting

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I was under the Impression it was 10 a.m. Ultimate Time? I.E. CST, the best time zone there is, since that's where Woot! World Domination Headquarters is located.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kennesey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kennesey

I ordered this wine the last time it was offered and looked forward to ordering more, but Connecticut isn't on the list this time. Why the change? Have the laws or fees changed or is it just that not enough Connecticut folks are ordering your wine to make it worthwhile?

shh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shh64

Congrats on first sucker Loweeel. Glad to see wine.woot! back to normal this week selling... wine! In for two based on the positive comments on this wine.

Last wooter to woot: shh64

zorandra

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zorandra

Yay! The wines are back.

After reading the 'lush' reviews of this one, I decided to go in for one. Oh wait, I /always/ go in for one.

Now how about some labrattary? Something to help me not realize my total expenditures here in the last 2 months? ;)

I don't want the world, I just want your half. - TMBG, "Ana Ng"
CT (working on it)

pengu1n

What's the difference between a puncheon and a barrel? Question from the description.

alkeeney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alkeeney

Hi. I'm Angela and work in the Tasting Room at Noceto... At a staff meeting this past week we opened up a 2001 Noceto which totally blew my socks off. The wines age very nicely. One could definitely drink now, or cellar for several years. It depends on whether you want a bright fruity Sangio or a dusty aged one...

A few years ago we opened Noceto '93 '95 '97 '99 '01 and '03 It was really neat to see how well the wines have held up over the years. Sangio tends to age a bit like a really really nice French Pinot... Edges turn orangy, and it develops an amazing earthy, dusty, mushroomy quality.

So in my personal opinion, you could hold the Noceto for a year or two and hold the Riserva for a year or two more than than... Of course, it's really hard to keep one of these around that long! Enjoy!

kingsleyr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingsleyr

Anyone know what the deal is with NH? My last 2 woots (Wellington, Humbug) were refunded. Serive@woot said it was illegal to ship to NH, but it's still listed for darn near every offering?

Don't want to get my hopes up too much only to have them dashed again.