stillmanbrown

quality posts: 138 Private Messages stillmanbrown
bhodilee wrote:AWESOME! I totally look like a cross between those two guys.

Nice!

If you act like it too, wow.

stillmanbrown

stillmanbrown wrote:Cookie's unique. Next time I do a big party here, or a Vegas event, show up! She'll be there too.

Um, assuming we're referring to the same minion here. We've got more different names than major Lord Of The Rings characters.

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I had two bottles black zeppelin last year at christmas time and none of us were impressed, especially for the price point. Would not buy again.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

stillmanbrown

Must have been the biodynamic Velcorin.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
stillmanbrown wrote:Nice!

If you act like it too, wow.

I have no idea how they act, but if it's massively antisocial sarcasm guised as humor, that's me!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

stillmanbrown

bhodilee wrote:I have no idea how they act, but if it's massively antisocial sarcasm guised as humor, that's me!

That, and Yin and Yang stage presence. (Not sure which is which, as I've forgotten my '60s BS.) Still, it helps to be funny; pure trolldom is self-punishing :-)

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Ok, so i thought this deal was going to be way gone by now!! humm

stillmanbrown

luisifer777 wrote:Ok, so i thought this deal was going to be way gone by now!! humm

I upped the amount I offered to WW after the white sold out in 8-9 hours last month.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

If anybody in the Bay Area can spare a bottle, let me know. I'd like one, but overflowing storage and pending move dictates I can't get a whole set.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

luisifer777

How this info relates to this deal, seems different..

2009 Black Zeppelin, Monterey
100% Petite Sirah; 90% Monterey, 10% Brady Vineyard, Paso Robles
14.5% alcohol, pH 3.68, R.S. .04%, 253 cases bottled

California suggested retail price, $42

A new varietal of flagship wine, nine barrels of this Black Zeppelin were made from a vineyard of clone 3 Petite Sirah in the Hames Valley in southwestern Monterey County, and was blended with a single barrel from the Brady Vineyard in Paso Robles. The Hames Valley is normally one of the warmer sub-appellations of Monterey; however the 2009 vintage was cooler, enabling the fruit to keep more of its blackberry and plum flavors. The Brady wine added structure and a different type of oak flavor; the finished wine shows dark fruit, pepper and spices, and a variety of oak and cedar flavors that contribute to the structure and long finish. We expect to win a bunch of awards for this wine. After it’s all gone, of course.

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:If anybody in the Bay Area can spare a bottle, let me know. I'd like one, but overflowing storage and pending move dictates I can't get a whole set.

I can probably help you out. I ordered a total of 6.

bhodilee

luisifer777 wrote:How this info relates to this deal, seems different..

2009 Black Zeppelin, Monterey
100% Petite Sirah; 90% Monterey, 10% Brady Vineyard, Paso Robles
14.5% alcohol, pH 3.68, R.S. .04%, 253 cases bottled

California suggested retail price, $42

A new varietal of flagship wine, nine barrels of this Black Zeppelin were made from a vineyard of clone 3 Petite Sirah in the Hames Valley in southwestern Monterey County, and was blended with a single barrel from the Brady Vineyard in Paso Robles. The Hames Valley is normally one of the warmer sub-appellations of Monterey; however the 2009 vintage was cooler, enabling the fruit to keep more of its blackberry and plum flavors. The Brady wine added structure and a different type of oak flavor; the finished wine shows dark fruit, pepper and spices, and a variety of oak and cedar flavors that contribute to the structure and long finish. We expect to win a bunch of awards for this wine. After it’s all gone, of course.

not the same wine?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

stillmanbrown wrote:That, and Yin and Yang stage presence. (Not sure which is which, as I've forgotten my '60s BS.) Still, it helps to be funny; pure trolldom is self-punishing :-)

Well...I have been known to flagellate.

stillmanbrown

bhodilee wrote:not the same wine?

No, the fermentation regime and vineyard section of the Hames Valley were not the same - the first wine was made to be more precocious/less structured, and there's no Brady Vyd in the current offering. Bottled almost a year apart, as well.

stillmanbrown

stillmanbrown wrote:No, the fermentation regime and vineyard section of the Hames Valley were not the same - the first wine was made to be more precocious/less structured, and there's no Brady Vyd in the current offering. Bottled almost a year apart, as well.

First wine was 253 cases, ran out several months ago. Before I opened the tasting room.
This wine 112 cases, and two-thirds of it will be gone when the ball stops bouncing.
"It don't stop until the casket drops."

stillmanbrown

Well, and the labels are differently colored, too. (Yes, I know that's not important.)

I also made a 'Stillman Red' that's a blend of Hames PS and Colossus 877 Syrah, 75%/25% but didn't call it PS even though it barely legally was, because the 25% was so big that it really knocked it out of the category style-wise.

The wines aren't hard to tell apart side by side, despite the similarity of origin. I always 'push' a vineyard, fermenting wine, or aging wine in a certain direction depending on whatever silly stylistic idea is in my head, compatible with what the wine is and might become of course.

That said, I'm still going to make a bone dry White Zin (blanc de Zinfandel) just to mess with the sommelier and wine snob crowd.

stillmanbrown

bhodilee wrote:Well...I have been known to flagellate.

Plankton's one of my favorite cartoon characters.

bhodilee

stillmanbrown wrote:Plankton's one of my favorite cartoon characters.

Currently a fan of "Unsupervised" on FX. On right after Archer, which I also adore.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
stillmanbrown wrote:First wine was 253 cases, ran out several months ago. Before I opened the tasting room.
This wine 112 cases, and two-thirds of it will be gone when the ball stops bouncing.
"It don't stop until the casket drops."

With that said, I'm guessing 70-75 cases to WW, with comes out 420-450 woots. Even given that number, I'm surprised this isn't bouncing yet.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Woot watcher's got it at 20% remaining...

curt11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages curt11

Trying to resist. Is it bad that I'm hoping this sells out soon...?

I might have a problem...

stillmanbrown

North316 wrote:With that said, I'm guessing 70-75 cases to WW, with comes out 420-450 woots. Even given that number, I'm surprised this isn't bouncing yet.

420 of course!

flipflopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flipflopfrank
stillmanbrown wrote:Um, assuming we're referring to the same minion here. We've got more different names than major Lord Of The Rings characters.

indeed on the names...

got my 2 bottles last month, drank 1 and enjoyed it.

and yes, as the Surf Ambassador of this winery, eye yam can be considered biased, however, it IS great swill....
get it and enjoy!
Cheers to you all
fff

stillmanbrown

tonycyndy wrote:Woot watcher's got it at 20% remaining...

Why not Wootstalker?

stillmanbrown

Here's the first attempt at today's Vintners Voicemail, in youtube form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27z-w-RYQM&feature=plcp&context=C466d924VDvjVQa1PpcFMimZYQ3Wv-sxy362Ag4xMA96nw1JjTN-I%3D

flipflopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flipflopfrank

and the boys did a great job on the vv

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

I enjoy Stillman's posts but to be honest I was nOT impressed by the Red Zepellin duo I purcahsed off WW over the summer. Both had a great nose but felt out of a balance with a short finish. Anyone else with me?

"The older I get the better I was"

sdfreedive

quality posts: 22 Private Messages sdfreedive
stillmanbrown wrote:

That said, I'm still going to make a bone dry White Zin (blanc de Zinfandel) just to mess with the sommelier and wine snob crowd.

I will buy this in a heartbeat!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
stillmanbrown wrote:

That sounds fun!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Kainc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kainc

PS is one of my top 30 favorite varietals! Throw in the free entertainment from the winery and it's a no brainer. In for one.

Ptwilliams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ptwilliams

I live near walnut creek in th Bay area. I am getting the sense that there are a lot of wine.wooters in this area. We should get together for regular tastings, could maybe offer my place for a start.

stillmanbrown

Kainc wrote:PS is one of my top 30 favorite varietals! Throw in the free entertainment from the winery and it's a no brainer. In for one.

It's only free if you have an attorney friend going to one of our "Wet Zeppelin" parties with you.
Thanks!

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 78 Private Messages PetiteSirah
stillmanbrown wrote:Well, and the labels are differently colored, too. (Yes, I know that's not important.)

I also made a 'Stillman Red' that's a blend of Hames PS and Colossus 877 Syrah, 75%/25% but didn't call it PS even though it barely legally was, because the 25% was so big that it really knocked it out of the category style-wise.

The wines aren't hard to tell apart side by side, despite the similarity of origin. I always 'push' a vineyard, fermenting wine, or aging wine in a certain direction depending on whatever silly stylistic idea is in my head, compatible with what the wine is and might become of course.

I'm still waiting on your PS Blanc!

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

stillmanbrown

PetiteSirah wrote:I'm still waiting on your PS Blanc!

That's possible, with a careful sorting. I'm sure the TTB would love the label . . . good reason for them to never see it!

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 78 Private Messages PetiteSirah
stillmanbrown wrote:That's possible, with a careful sorting. I'm sure the TTB would love the label . . . good reason for them to never see it!

I'd love to switch to doing wine law full time :-)

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
Ptwilliams wrote:I live near walnut creek in th Bay area. I am getting the sense that there are a lot of wine.wooters in this area. We should get together for regular tastings, could maybe offer my place for a start.

Check out the norcal gathering thread!

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4843555&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=44

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

I have been on a SIWBM since my storage is getting overwhelmed and we have decided to try to limit purchases to wines we have tasted (or their relatives), and I must admit the not so great reviews from some on the other BZ PS had me somewhat pleased that I didn't need to consider a buy here. However, having not tried Stillman's wines before and yet reading the praises he tends to get here, combined with reviews of this specific wine (as opposed to the former, which Stillman promises was considerably different) from Mark and PS has me taking the chance. Yes, just getting 1 set, but still, looking forward to seeing if I was right to place my trust in your wine-stained hands:

Black Zeppelin Petite Sirah
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: fwWNZOLc7aEKE8
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.083s
Last wooter to woot: time2testit

kkv123

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kkv123
stillmanbrown wrote:

Sold! But it's hard to imagine that anything could top the Pink Zeppelin Rose, which is absolutely rockin'!

jaschuyler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jaschuyler

We've liked the Zeppelins we've had, in for one. I just wish I had cellar to cooly store my wine.

luisifer777

Well well, not sold out yet. i though it was going faster, that being said almost 50% off was a good deal. retail price in RZ web 40$. woot 22.50$.