hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt

This sounds wonderful. In for two AND used my jumbo.woot coupon. AWESOME!

01fishnrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 01fishnrod

The number of impressive tasting wins is over the top. Do not miss out.

dmacke99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dmacke99

Whats the drinking window on this?

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah

It's already been said by others, but I'll add in my $.02.

Stillman is awesome, his wines are awesome, and they're on my VERY short auto-buy list.

We had this at the D&D after-party, and it was PStellar, even exceeding my exPectationS for PStillman's wines. (His "Stillman" blend is even better, IMO).

I'm in for 2 (because I'm on the pre-wedding diet, so drinking basically nothing), and you should be as well.

There definitely was some travel shock with the previous vintage, but let it sit for a while, give it some air, and you will be wow-ed.

I didn't even try for first sucker because I was pooped after going back to work...

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 80 Private Messages PetiteSirah
dmacke99 wrote:Whats the drinking window on this?

2-3 weeks after arrival and then another 20-25 years.

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
dmacke99 wrote:Whats the drinking window on this?

If I only had two bottles, I'd open one this year, and one in five years; that shouldn't miss a (largely theoretical) peak, given cool storage. But in practice I don't keep enough of a library - barely have any 05 06 07 of my bigger wines.

stillmanbrown

PetiteSirah wrote:2-3 weeks after arrival and then another 20-25 years.

Ha! Can I go back to sleep now?

stillmanbrown

De trollibus non disputandum?

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

Ok- I'm in for one. Since I joined, I have enjoyed all the expertice that this site has offered over the last few weeks. I have learned SO much and it has helped me to make some informed purchases. I thought I just liked to drink wine, now I know why!! Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

slm9951 wrote:Ok- I'm in for one. Since I joined, I have enjoyed all the expertice that this site has offered over the last few weeks. I have learned SO much and it has helped me to make some informed purchases. I thought I just liked to drink wine, now I know why!! Thanks!

We do have a most wonderful wine community!

And Good Morning, Stillman. Up late and up early, I see!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Trying hard not to buy, but this is just one I can't pass on. In for 2.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

stillmanbrown

ThunderThighs wrote:We do have a most wonderful wine community!

And Good Morning, Stillman. Up late and up early, I see!

Yes, though I'm not sure the Irritable Caffeinated Stillman is an improvement on the Happy Halfdrunk Stillman. But it's part of my job, just like worrying why the hell the sky is still clear. I'm afraid to look at the radar. We're supposed to get showers today, and then a minor but badly needed storm this weekend. Dry La Nina winter, just hoping to avoid another frost later.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I've been doing great, haven't made a purchase in almost two whole weeks!

The problem here is that I don't even yet know if I like PS. I have a few bottles from previous woots but have not opened any of them yet.

I'm out of space and out of money, but Stillman just seems like such a delightful and entertaining guy that it is hard to pass up on anything he offers.

I'll just keep sitting on the fence and decide which way to fall off as the day goes on.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

Alright!! In for 3!!! Had missed out on the previous SBrown offer, so glad to get in on this one.

And thanks for getting your NH license to DTS to us!

Wootleg on at least one or two bottles, several friends in dire need of a good PS and no ability to get it. ;)

Stillman - do you fine your wines, or can we expect a fair amount of sediment with this PS over time???

stillmanbrown

North316 wrote:I've been doing great, haven't made a purchase in almost two whole weeks!

The problem here is that I don't even yet know if I like PS. I have a few bottles from previous woots but have not opened any of them yet.

I'm out of space and out of money, but Stillman just seems like such a delightful and entertaining guy that it is hard to pass up on anything he offers.

I'll just keep sitting on the fence and decide which way to fall off as the day goes on.

Face first?
Petite's generally made more tannic than Syrah, which is more a function of lower yields and customary styles than anything else.
I've been told that I'm not as delightful in person, but I'm more entertaining.

outdoorslife

North316 wrote:I've been doing great, haven't made a purchase in almost two whole weeks!

I would suggest, humbly, that you go in for one. If after trying other PS wines, you find you don't like the vintage, I suspect you can cost sell locally to another WW the two bottles. No loss to you, but all gain!

Disclaimer - I have never met Stillman, don't work for him, am not a shill, or a plant etc. I do enjoy wine a lot!

stillmanbrown

outdoorslife wrote:Alright!! In for 3!!! Had missed out on the previous SBrown offer, so glad to get in on this one.

And thanks for getting your NH license to DTS to us!

Wootleg on at least one or two bottles, several friends in dire need of a good PS and no ability to get it. ;)

Stillman - do you fine your wines, or can we expect a fair amount of sediment with this PS over time???

I almost never fine reds, but as this spent almost two years in barrel, it should only throw a 'moderate' amount.

stillmanbrown

outdoorslife wrote:I would suggest, humbly, that you go in for one. If after trying other PS wines, you find you don't like the vintage, I suspect you can cost sell locally to another WW the two bottles. No loss to you, but all gain!

Disclaimer - I have never met Stillman, don't work for him, am not a shill, or a plant etc. I do enjoy wine a lot!

Your free Meth Leppard CD is in the mail.
Of course, one shill's bribe is another plant's punishment!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

In for 1... after all the previous comments about this wine... How could I resist? I am looking forward to this!!! I loves me a good Petite!!

stillmanbrown

I guess that picture was just too cool for WW. And I posted one using the same formatting BS last night. Oh well.

Here's the link and credit:

http://stillmanbrown.blogspot.com/2012/03/under-influence.html

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood--going to be 75 and sunny in Minneapolis in March! I'm in for two, if for no other reason than to reward the highly entertaining and informative participation of Stillman Brown! Happy winemakers make for happy wine.wooters!

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: fwWNZOLc7aEKE8
Speed to first woot: 0m 7.083s
Last wooter to woot: cynthylee

darwin00537

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darwin00537

This is my first purchase. Seems like many people feel this is a good deal. Woot!

ThunderThighs

Staff

stillmanbrown wrote:I guess that picture was just too cool for WW. And I posted one using the same formatting BS last night. Oh well.

Here's the link and credit:

http://stillmanbrown.blogspot.com/2012/03/under-influence.html

Perhaps you were linking the page and not the photo? Make sure your URL ends in jpg, gif, png, etc. Not html.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

I once read that all Petite Sirah's should be purchased then immediately socked away for a minimum of 10 years. Is there any truth to this proclamation or is it another b.s. winology fabrication intended to force me to purchase yet more rackage and spend yet another night confined to the couch by orders of my bride ?

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher
stillmanbrown wrote:
I've been told that I'm not as delightful in person, but I'm more entertaining.

Anyone with a pink suit has to be entertaining...

outdoorslife

outdoorslife wrote:Woohoo I am getting some meth in the mail… yeahaa!

stillmanbrown

PTommins wrote:I once read that all Petite Sirah's should be purchased then immediately socked away for a minimum of 10 years. Is there any truth to this proclamation or is it another b.s. winology fabrication intended to force me to purchase yet more rackage and spend yet another night confined to the couch by orders of my bride ?

Yeah, that's ridiculous advice that didn't even apply to the 'old school' Petite Sirahs. Tannin management has changed and tannin preferences aren't uniform. What does the couch have to do with wine - is it purple?!?!?

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Thanks for coming back to Kansas after a two-day drought. In for two...hard to pass this one up.

stillmanbrown

ThunderThighs wrote:Perhaps you were linking the page and not the photo? Make sure your URL ends in jpg, gif, png, etc. Not html.

Blogger, bah. Still shows up as an html even though I uploaded it as a jpg like the other. Pffffft.

ThunderThighs

Staff

stillmanbrown wrote:Blogger, bah. Still shows up as an html even though I uploaded it as a jpg like the other. Pffffft.

Right-click on the picture and choose Copy Image URL or whatever is close to that. That's the URL you want.

FORUM MODERATOR

stillmanbrown

ThunderThighs wrote:Right-click on the picture and choose Copy Image URL or whatever is close to that. That's the URL you want.

That's it - Under the Influence of Black Zeppelin.

ThunderThighs

Staff

JOATMON wrote:You didn't get first sucker because you were not the first one to push the "I Want One" button. The time you push the "I Want One" button is by and large the time used to determine first sucker. Once you push that button you have a little time to complete the order and still keep your time.

And, I bet you can't up your order. Wine.Woot now transmits the order directly to the winery, and your order confirmation is a confirmation that the winery has accepted the order. The last time I tried to up, customer service said they no longer can once the order has been transmitted to the winery. I think the days of being able to up orders are gone.

I just checked with customer service. Looks like we may have made a whoops in replying to you on that request. Please accept our apologies.

General rule-of-thumb is to email your request to service@woot.com. If they are able to accommodate your request, they will.

Things that might prevent it are: orders have already been processed, the item is sold out, etc. There's probably a few other odd reasons but that's a good start.

Main thing is, our CS is WONDERFUL! And they'll do their best to help you out if they can.

FORUM MODERATOR

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:I just checked with customer service. Looks like we may have made a whoops in replying to you on that request. Please accept our apologies.

General rule-of-thumb is to email your request to service@woot.com. If they are able to accommodate your request, they will.

Things that might prevent it are: orders have already been processed, the item is sold out, etc. There's probably a few other odd reasons but that's a good start.

Main thing is, our CS is WONDERFUL! And they'll do their best to help you out if they can.

Agreed. I have had nothing but great dealings with CS, especially Riley. I did have an issue one time where I thought I was being ignored, but my reply email had gotten caught in the filter-o-spam.

I was also recently able to up my order of 1 bottle of Balsamic to 2, even after the sell-out (though I made the request a few hours before the sellout)!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

stillmanbrown

Darn, Phedre was cropped out of the picture when I posted it. Oh well.

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane

Out of retirement for this one...Stillman's wines are a must. In for one.

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
PetiteSirah wrote:It's already been said by others, but I'll add in my $.02.

Stillman is awesome, his wines are awesome, and they're on my VERY short auto-buy list.

We had this at the D&D after-party, and it was PStellar, even exceeding my exPectationS for PStillman's wines. (His "Stillman" blend is even better, IMO).

I'm in for 2 (because I'm on the pre-wedding diet, so drinking basically nothing), and you should be as well.

There definitely was some travel shock with the previous vintage, but let it sit for a while, give it some air, and you will be wow-ed.

I didn't even try for first sucker because I was pooped after going back to work...

I figured it was something like that for you ... since there was no sign of you when it was a PS!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
stillmanbrown wrote:Darn, Phedre was cropped out of the picture when I posted it. Oh well.

And I still need to know where I can get my own mini-minion like your mini-minion.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
stillmanbrown wrote:

Spokesmodels/tasting panel.

AWESOME! I totally look like a cross between those two guys.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
inkycatz wrote:

Otter be a rule against silly jokes at this hour, but there isn't

I freaking love otters, I want to come back as an otter.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

stillmanbrown

MarkDaSpark wrote:

And I still need to know where I can get my own mini-minion like your mini-minion.

Cookie's unique. Next time I do a big party here, or a Vegas event, show up! She'll be there too.