Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

I'm being more oblique than usual this week, because if I PoSted the title I wanted, it would probably get changed... so the words I wanted to use are in there.

And PoSt away, folks!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 4th.

March
3/10: NorCal #12: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD:Minnesota #{something in the teens}: It's About Time!

April
4/21: NYC #19: Napa Black Tie Event
4/27-28: Ohio Wine Dinner with Scott and Jana Harvey
TBD: NoVA/DC #26: Theme TBD

May
5/19: CyberPub Cellars 2011 Rogue Rhone Bottling- NEWEST Thread!

July
7/23-25: RPM's History Tour, Part 1
7/25-29: RPM's History Tour, Part 2
(Dates set, Deposits due 3/5)

Pending
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab!

SO join or create a gathering now!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

PS, nice pub title

NY folks - I'll be there Fri night to Monday afternoon for my nephew's bris. If anybody will be around, let's go for a glass of wine!

SoCal folks - wine locker suggestions, especially near Culver City? I need to start looking into this stuff.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1615 Private Messages Cesare
klezman wrote:PS, nice pub title

NY folks - I'll be there Fri night to Monday afternoon for my nephew's bris. If anybody will be around, let's go for a glass of wine!

SoCal folks - wine locker suggestions, especially near Culver City? I need to start looking into this stuff.

I am free Saturday evening!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

I might be able to do saturday night...

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:PS, nice pub title

I had looked into it, but they were pretty expensive. Cheapest was by Van Nuys airport or down in Irvine where zTimBz, I, and others have our lockers.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
Cesare wrote:I am free Saturday evening!

I'm sorry for this, but...What wine pairs well with a Bris?

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
gregorylane wrote:I'm sorry for this, but...What wine pairs well with a Bris?

Whiskey.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mother wrote:Whiskey.

To be more specific, Cutty Sark.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Question re. Game of Thrones. I see three different versions of "The Complete First Season". Are they just different packaging, or do they contain different content?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother

Loweeel wrote:I'm being more oblique than usual this week, because if I PoSted the title I wanted, it would probably get changed... so the words I wanted to use are in there.

If it helps (and I'm sure the same is true of Bowtie) my mind reads the title as you intended it anyhow...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
polarbear22 wrote:Question re. Game of Thrones. I see three different versions of "The Complete First Season". Are they just different packaging, or do they contain different content?

Not being exactly sure what ones or where you're looking - I would probably say some might contain different content. (For example the blu-ray version on the HBO shop has an "exclusive video".)

Still, I'm looking forward to my DVDs tomorrow!

I'm just hanging out, really.

polarbear22

inkycatz wrote:Not being exactly sure what ones or where you're looking - I would probably say some might contain different content. (For example the blu-ray version on the HBO shop has an "exclusive video".)

Still, I'm looking forward to my DVDs tomorrow!

I was looking at Best Buy.

There is a "Stark" version, a "Targaryen" version and just complete first season. I am guessing it is just packaging, but cannot find anything that says so.

(And all three can be either blu-ray or DVD.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
polarbear22 wrote:I was looking at Best Buy.

There is a "Stark" version, a "Targaryen" version and just complete first season. I am guessing it is just packaging, but cannot find anything that says so.

(And all three can be either blu-ray or DVD.)

Hm, looks like just exclusive to Best Buy packaging. Nice though! Are you more of a Stark or Targaryen fan?

(I just got regular packaging on my DVDs because I tend to store my stuff in DVD boxes or drawers, so those things don't matter much.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

klezman

PetiteSirah wrote:I might be able to do saturday night...

I will keep you posted. I suspect the whole family will be in town and want to see me that night, but they will also likely go to bed early. Send me your emails?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

polarbear22

inkycatz wrote:Hm, looks like just exclusive to Best Buy packaging. Nice though! Are you more of a Stark or Targaryen fan?

(I just got regular packaging on my DVDs because I tend to store my stuff in DVD boxes or drawers, so those things don't matter much.)

I don't get HBO, so I haven't seen any of the show. Read the first three volumes, and need to retrace before I read more. Too complex and I lost track of who's who.

Thanks for the help.

My Cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Interesting article about wine critics and self selection.

“Wine experts are more likely to have a very exquisite, acute sense of taste that the rest of us can’t sense,”

link to the referenced article

And after seeing the original article was written in October, it may have been posted before...

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mother wrote:If it helps (and I'm sure the same is true of Bowtie) my mind reads the title as you intended it anyhow...

I have no idea what you mean. Best I could come up with was the pacific rim of fire. Must be the result of eating food from western mexico? Doesn't sound like a pleasant job to me

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

grrrrrrr....

klezman

klezman wrote:I will keep you posted. I suspect the whole family will be in town and want to see me that night, but they will also likely go to bed early. Send me your emails?

I can do post-dinner on Saturday in Manhattan. Let me know...PM or email!

mother

bhodilee wrote:I have no idea what you mean. Best I could come up with was the pacific rim of fire. Must be the result of eating food from western mexico? Doesn't sound like a pleasant job to me

NOBODY but Bowtie click on this: http://goo.gl/S3mZ3

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

PetiteSirah wrote:I might be able to do saturday night...

I theoretically might also be able to find my way into the city area Saturday night. I'll be doing housebuilding for Habitat for Humanity during the day, but I should be home plenty early to relax and then be available to go out in the evening. Keep me in the loop about details.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

mother wrote:NOBODY but Bowtie click on this: http://goo.gl/S3mZ3

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:-- scared sparky --

You asked for it. He warned you.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

mother wrote:NOBODY but Bowtie click on this: http://goo.gl/S3mZ3

Mother, mother, mother....I am disappointed in you. It went right over your head. I didn't want to be too obvious and reference Montezuma's revenge. Though thinking back I shoulda have gone biodynamic and dropped a preparation H joke. Oh well.

In related news. A new Chinese place opened up by my house. It's middling, but it has a drive through which led to this text exchange:

bowtie's wife: This place has a drive through, that will be nice

bowtie: So did the pizza joint that was there before

bowtie's wife: But they didn't use it.

bowtie's wife: Not like that fellatio place

bowtie: I WANNA GO THERE

bowtie's wife: Oh My Gookie! , I typed Gelato! I swear

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

just dropped a pretty petty buying birthyear wines for my sister's bday... that with the korea trip i have planned for next week means i'll be drinking tap water/woot wines i have stacked at home for survival until independence day...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:It's middling, but it has a drive through which led to this text exchange:

Classic Autocorrect. That's just awesome.

Though I wonder, how often does your wife use that particular word in texting that it decided she meant THAT instead of Gelato?

justinrsanderson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

Soooo......anyone want 16L of wine in one vessel? Magnotta Winery

I have never heard of it before today, when a coworker brought it up to me. Seems like a pretty reasonable price :confused:

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:Classic Autocorrect. That's just awesome.

Though I wonder, how often does your wife use that particular word in texting that it decided she meant THAT instead of Gelato?

I know right!

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:You asked for it. He warned you.

As if. Especially after seeing some of the stuff the juvies used to put up during Woot-Offs.

klezman

justinrsanderson wrote:Soooo......anyone want 16L of wine in one vessel? Magnotta Winery

I have never heard of it before today, when a coworker brought it up to me. Seems like a pretty reasonable price :confused:

Magnotta is an interesting winery. Their VQA wines are genuinely good while their imported stuff tends to be middling or worse bulk juice. There was a mandate in Ontario a while back that some percentage of wines be packaged in tetra-pak or equivalent, so this is probably helping with their requirement.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa
justinrsanderson wrote:Soooo......anyone want 16L of wine in one vessel? Magnotta Winery

when i saw 16L of wine, i was thinking

http://www.hdhwine.com/auction-wine-detail/1203/La-Grande-Rue/687

:P

just a tad different... haha

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

Moondragon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Moondragon
MarkDaSpark wrote:As if. Especially after seeing some of the stuff the juvies used to put up during Woot-Offs.

I should have stopped to put up a "Free Deer" sign next to the one that ran into us on the way home from South Dakota yesterday.

MarkDaSpark

Moondragon wrote:I should have stopped to put up a "Free Deer" sign next to the one that ran into us on the way home from South Dakota yesterday.

Ssshhhhhh!!!!

cheron98

Moondragon wrote:I should have stopped to put up a "Free Deer" sign next to the one that ran into us on the way home from South Dakota yesterday.

Eek! You ok? Car?

joelsisk

cheron98 wrote:Eek! You ok? Car?

See? and my first thought was how did you get to South Dakota going from San Diego to Wyoming? Only to realize that South Dakota is also SD. though, in my own minimal defense, we were just in San Diego over the weekend.

But yeah, you didn't just put the deer on the hood an find a local butcher?

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:See? and my first thought was how did you get to South Dakota going from San Diego to Wyoming? Only to realize that South Dakota is also SD. though, in my own minimal defense, we were just in San Diego over the weekend.

But yeah, you didn't just put the deer on the hood an find a local butcher?

Can't, you gotta call the cops and the officer on scene has to issue you a Roadkill permit. You can't just take it to be butchered.

I will now go dye my neck to hide the massive red stripe.

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:Can't, you gotta call the cops and the officer on scene has to issue you a Roadkill permit. You can't just take it to be butchered.

I will now go dye my neck to hide the massive red stripe.

damn bureaucratic red tape

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:damn bureaucratic red tape

That truly is stupid. I think in this State it's like ten bucks for a roadkill permit. You send it in later obviously, you don't hand it to the cop. It might be free though, happily I've never had that problem. Well, until tonight now that I've jinxed myself.

Potty Emergency!!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

From last week's Pub:

otolith wrote:I would! I'm biking, just indoors...holy crap do the rollers make you sweat.

I have found the perfect solution for training while posting, wine-bottle holder included. It's genius, I tell you!