klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

I had to go in for two. I know with the ancient vines making up a major part of the blend that this is going to be extraordinary juice.

Peter, thanks for coming back! Are you going to be around on Saturday? I might be up in the area with a visiting friend.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Shift4g

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shift4g

Why, why must you be so cruel payday!? Why must you wait till Friday?

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

I've been watching and reading all day... finally in for two. Had water in the basement this weekend--3.5 inches in 1 hour. Had to empty the wine cooler to move it off of the saturated carpet in the room that was just redone last summer after water heater valve failure. Put a full box plus loose bottles on the chest freezer and hubby decided to move stuff and I lost two Corison Helios, so I feel justified restocking with Peter's wonderful offering. Not really whining (no pun intended) co-worker's SO lost his house to a lightning strike, so I am lucky to just have water. Gotta love a Minnesota summer! Cheers to all my woot! advisors and thanks Peter!

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen

I wish this would sell out. I want it so bad but have been so bad lately. Just cant pull the trigger and want the temptation to go away.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
klezman wrote:I had to go in for two. I know with the ancient vines making up a major part of the blend that this is going to be extraordinary juice.

Peter, thanks for coming back! Are you going to be around on Saturday? I might be up in the area with a visiting friend.

Midday. I've got other w00ters visiting (someone you've met). Come on by between 11 & 1.

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513
IBcrashen wrote:I wish this would sell out. I want it so bad but have been so bad lately. Just cant pull the trigger and want the temptation to go away.

This. I'm going on vacation in a week and a half. Must not click on gold button. Must. Not. And I loves me some Zin.

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

Didn't have great notes on the first bottle of the 2006 Zin in the case offer a while back, so I popped the second bottle tonight. One sip and I went in for two of these to re-stock the Wellington Zin.

I am not usually a Zin fan, except for with BBQ or something similarly strong, but I have been drinking the Meeks on its own tonight and I am really enjoying it.

Great deep red color, great big earthy nose with dark berries, peppery, with a great thicker mouth feel. Long finish where I pick up some great bright cherry notes, it is going to be hard not to finish it off tonight.

sraj06

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sraj06

I know its real late in the day to make this request out to fellow Dallas wine wooters. But I was wondering if anyone out there would be gracious enough to accept shipment of these for me? I'm usually traveling during the week and currently have no one available at home to accept/sign this and I would hate for this to sit at the shipment facility basking in the Texas heat this time of the year.

I'm really interested in purchasing so if anyone out there would like to lend a helping hand please PM me (I know I've just got couple hours, but figured its worth a shot). Thanks in advance!!

IBcrashen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IBcrashen
rld513 wrote:This. I'm going on vacation in a week and a half. Must not click on gold button. Must. Not. And I loves me some Zin.

I am on vacation. 1 bottle of Pendroncelli Zin Mother Clone 06 in me and I cave.

MichaelWB

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB
sraj06 wrote:I know its real late in the day to make this request out to fellow Dallas wine wooters. But I was wondering if anyone out there would be gracious enough to accept shipment of these for me? I'm usually traveling during the week and currently have no one available at home to accept/sign this and I would hate for this to sit at the shipment facility basking in the Texas heat this time of the year.

I'm really interested in purchasing so if anyone out there would like to lend a helping hand please PM me (I know I've just got couple hours, but figured its worth a shot). Thanks in advance!!

I would say send them to my place but I dont think I'd give them back to ya ;) as I posted above.. I badly want in on this deal but cant due to a family emergency. (short story..out of town from bank cant make a deposit...grr)

Now send 2 to my house and I'd be glad to pay for 1

PM Sent

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste

Thanks for all the support, kind words, and for pushing the yellow button frequently.
I'll be back before too long with a blog about global climate change and its effects on wine growing.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
SonomaBouliste wrote:Thanks for all the support, kind words, and for pushing the yellow button frequently.
I'll be back before too long with a blog about global climate change and its effects on wine growing.

Thanks for the wine! I hope your blog will coincide with another offering. Please feel free to do a black tie

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

Has anyone received their shipment? Still waiting in TN...

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

stratma

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stratma
nathanbsmith wrote:Has anyone received their shipment? Still waiting in TN...

Still waiting here in chicago for this and a couple of other woots from about this time. I hope it is because they are being extra concerned about the recent heat wave and decided to play it safe and wait for cooler weather.

warrenhret

quality posts: 1 Private Messages warrenhret

...waiting in Big D.

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
stratma wrote:Still waiting here in chicago for this and a couple of other woots from about this time. I hope it is because they are being extra concerned about the recent heat wave and decided to play it safe and wait for cooler weather.

Still waiting for mine in Chicago as well. I tend to get my shipments on Thursday or Friday so I am hoping these show up at the end of this week.

stratma

Mine is on its way.

Estimated delivery Aug 4, 2011

Aug 2, 2011 9:42 PM Left FedEx origin facility GROVE CITY, OH
Aug 2, 2011 5:30 PM Arrived at FedEx location GROVE CITY, OH
Aug 2, 2011 Picked up GROVE CITY, OH
Jul 25, 2011 10:15 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
stratma wrote:Mine is on its way.

Estimated delivery Aug 4, 2011

Aug 2, 2011 9:42 PM Left FedEx origin facility GROVE CITY, OH
Aug 2, 2011 5:30 PM Arrived at FedEx location GROVE CITY, OH
Aug 2, 2011 Picked up GROVE CITY, OH
Jul 25, 2011 10:15 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Same here. Mine was scheduled for tomorrow as well, but I just got a call from the local fed ex office and they already received it (I always do the hold at fed ex location). As an extra bonus they also got my KR Rose today.....it will be like Christmas in August for me today after work at the fed ex office.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo

Mine arrived in Dayton, OH yesterday afternoon!

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

jwayner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jwayner

Picked mine up at the FedEx/Kinkos office tonight. When I walked in the woman behind the counter was wrestling with a BIG box. I walked up and asked hopefully "Is that my wine shipment?" Sadly it wasn't but the woman says "I'll go get it for you" and heads into the back room to pick it up. Hands me the clipboard and I sign for it and on my way out, I realize that she never even asked my name. She looks at me and says "I know who you are, you're here enough." I think she's just got a really good memory...

Zoxygen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zoxygen

Just opened a bottle of the 05. Its very sweet :/

Its almost on the edge of dessert wine.

stratma

on second thought....

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

Shared a bottle of the 2006 with co-workers. We're on a project in Arkansas, so the wine selection leaves a bit to be desired.

The 06 was excellent. Very good at first pour and just got better over the two hours we we at the restaurant. We also opened a bottle of the Haven 2005 Syrah, but that's a different thread. (hint it was also excellent)

szecsei

quality posts: 9 Private Messages szecsei

opened the 05 a few weeks ago (april)...it held up well with and after dinner (panang chicken curry and chicken pad thai). i wish i had bought more. heading up to taste in person next weekend. what a treat!