capnkrik23139

quality posts: 3 Private Messages capnkrik23139

I tried this last time and I have to say you are better off with the Pacific Gold from Costco. This is sticky, moist, and nasty. The flavors would be okay if not for the moist stickiness. I tend to like my jerky a little dryer.

davidykim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidykim

i got this last time around was very disappointed. gave away the rest.

CT

mgermano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgermano

I think that this is being marketed incorrectly. Don't think of this stuff as moderately overpriced jerky for human consumption, because aside from the Sweet Chipotle, this stuff was inedible.

Instead, think of it as a wildly overpriced cat treat. Although I couldn't swallow my first bite of many of these flavors (for all the aforementioned reasons), my cat went wild over them, and even jumped onto the counter (which she doesn't do) in order to pull the bags onto the floor and chew through them to get to this stuff.

bigron007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigron007
vinithehat wrote:and it was deemed garbage by many back then!

Sorry, but the Pork one was/is some of the best I've ever had. I picked this up during the launch event and re-ordered 5 of the pork. (It's a guilty pleasure)

The Orange Pineapple is pretty wicked too!

If you like flavorful jerkey; this stuff is great!

RyanCianfarani

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RyanCianfarani

Holy hell that's a lot of negative comments! Looks like we're in for a slllllooooowwwww woot off...

CT

bFusion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bFusion
eviggraves wrote:Wow, I had to look up "mechanically separated chicken" after reading this and it is very creepy-looking stuff. http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2009/08/03/guess-whats-in-the-picture-foodlike-substance/

Maaaan, I wish that picture was of strawberry ice cream, looks like it would be pretty tasty

That's very good to know and somewhat disturbing too.

I write music you may enjoy. --> http://www.abstractionmusic.com <-- Download the album for free.

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69

This isn't "natural and healthy"... corn syrup? fructose?? "granulated honey" containing HFCS? no thanks

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen

can someone get me some of this

VariablePenguin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages VariablePenguin

"This stuff is ARTISANAL!"

Art is anal?

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

Like you, I thought it wasn't really 'jerky' The teriyaki pork one is really tasty, but like you say, slimey to eat, I even hate putting my hand in the bag, I have to wash it afterwards. I liked it, but I didn't love it, and this time it's an easy pass.

bFusion wrote:I purchased this last woot-off on the main site. It's GOOD jerky, but overall I don't like it. Some of the flavors are so coated in sauce they are slimy and a huge mess to eat. Some of the flavors are so overpowered that they blow out and don't seem to taste like what they're supposed to (if that makes sense).

I like the jerky, but I was expecting something completely different than what I received.

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

c123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c123

I absolutely loooove this Jerky! I ordered before and I would order again. Completely recommend it to any who haven't ordered it before.

davidykim

VariablePenguin wrote:"This stuff is ARTISANAL!"

Art is anal?

awesome

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
islidur wrote:I'm glad this came up. I've got some things to do today and was afraid I'd miss something good. Now, I have time to take care of those things while this gristle stalls the Woot off.

What the hay?? they put up Iron Horse bubbles while I'm asleep and jerky when I wake up??? there is no god!

Cheers

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
satch69 wrote:This isn't "natural and healthy"... corn syrup? fructose?? "granulated honey" containing HFCS? no thanks

Since when do you buy jerky to be healthy??

Cheers!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bFusion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bFusion
tytiger58 wrote:Since when do you buy jerky to be healthy??

Cheers!

Because jerky can be really tasty and healthy if done right.

Other times it can be really tasty but also really bad for you.

It depends on how it's prepared.

I write music you may enjoy. --> http://www.abstractionmusic.com <-- Download the album for free.

rmbarry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rmbarry

does this go well with corison???

davidykim

http://stores.jandjmeats.com/StoreFront.bok

that's good jerky

CT

gellin419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gellin419
eviggraves wrote:Wow, I had to look up "mechanically separated chicken" after reading this and it is very creepy-looking stuff. http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2009/08/03/guess-whats-in-the-picture-foodlike-substance/

I dont think i will ever be the same

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

I got this in January - not sure what it has to do with wine, though.

You might notice that some wooters thought this was too moist, but some thought it was "just right." One of the five bags I got was really moist - the pineapple orange, which was REALLY weird (but I kinda liked it anyway). The others were of typical jerky consistency, and quite flavorful (more so than other common brands - Jack Links, for example). Obviously, you'll be rolling the dice when it comes to moisture, though.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call this "gourmet," but it was enjoyable - certainly not the "white zin of jerky" that some have posted.

However, as others have also posted, Krave really needs to offer a better discount to Woot, so they can sell it cheaper than Krave does on their own site (and with a choice of flavors).

Pooba001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pooba001
dextermeth wrote:The best option for this jerky is to go to their website and create an a la carte 5 pack for $25.

The best flavors were sweet chipotle, garlic chili pepper and teriyaki pork.

I got the jerky during the launch event, but I think 5 pack on the Krave site where you can pick your jerky is absolutely a better deal.

For the record, I didn't like the pork teriyaki or pineapple orange flavors, but the chili lime, garlic chili, and chipotle flavors were pretty good.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
c123 wrote:I absolutely loooove this Jerky! I ordered before and I would order again. Completely recommend it to any who haven't ordered it before.

Perhaps if we are to see any more wine, you should order three and gift three!

leftymgp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leftymgp

By my estimations, somebody needs to buy about 25 more of these things.

onetwo3456

quality posts: 1 Private Messages onetwo3456
apmyhr wrote:I bought these last time they were on Woot. I tried all 5 flavors. I don't really regret my purchase, I can't resist trying out Jerky. But I will say I honestly think I like the generic store bought brands better than this stuff. The flavors were just a little to weird for me. I thought the Smoked Terriaky would be normal, but I found that one to be WAY too moist. Also, the bindings are really strong, resulting in making it hard to take just a little piece from the bag. For 5 bucks a bag though, you might as well try it, if you like jerky. I doubt I will ever buy these again though.

well i guess i could try it once at least. and I'm not much of a jerky enthusiast so I'm not expecting much but..next woot already!!

jfarias122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfarias122

How is this a deal? I save a penny... I take it back....I live in Texas so I pay 24.99 Plus Tax. I can just go to the Krave site and pay 25. Fail!

skerbetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skerbetz

Anyone have theirs shipped yet?

bikepalosverdes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bikepalosverdes
skerbetz wrote:Anyone have theirs shipped yet?

Mine has been stuck at "Shipment information sent to FedEx" since March 31. Smartpost is for the loos.

MACK

cperkins7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cperkins7
bikepalosverdes wrote:Mine has been stuck at "Shipment information sent to FedEx" since March 31. Smartpost is for the loos.

Same thing since April 1.

Pavilion1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pavilion1979
bikepalosverdes wrote:Mine has been stuck at "Shipment information sent to FedEx" since March 31. Smartpost is for the loos.

Same thing since March 31st. Boooo

magnum2dope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magnum2dope

yea, me too not cool

I have orbs.

uf20wop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uf20wop
Pavilion1979 wrote:Same thing since March 31st. Boooo

yep same here

bikepalosverdes

skerbetz wrote:Anyone have theirs shipped yet?

cperkins7 wrote:Same thing since April 1.

Pavilion1979 wrote:Same thing since March 31st. Boooo

magnum2dope wrote:yea, me too not cool

uf20wop wrote:yep same here

WHERE'S THE BEEF, WOOT?

MACK

rcalvin202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcalvin202
bikepalosverdes wrote:WHERE'S THE BEEF, WOOT?

I emailed woot. Even though this isnt wine, apparently it ships like wine. Give it another week or two.

"The order is still in processing. Most wine.woot.com orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered and, given the nature of the product, all orders from this site will take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we state. At this point, we would advise allowing more time for the order to ship out. Your tracking data will update automatically once the order ships out."

bikepalosverdes

rcalvin202 wrote:I emailed woot. Even though this isnt wine, apparently it ships like wine. Give it another week or two.

"The order is still in processing. Most wine.woot.com orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered and, given the nature of the product, all orders from this site will take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we state. At this point, we would advise allowing more time for the order to ship out. Your tracking data will update automatically once the order ships out."

Yeaahh!!

Ship date Mar 31, 2010
Estimated delivery Apr 14, 2010
Destination: LOMITA, CA

Apr 10, 2010 12:37 AM
Departed FedEx location SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 9, 2010 11:54 PM Arrived at FedEx location SACRAMENTO, CA

Mar 31, 2010 8:07 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

MACK

austin368

quality posts: 0 Private Messages austin368

What gives with the shipping? I've never bought anything from WOOT that has taken this long to receive. This has been almost a month to get!?!? Delivery expected 4/20!!

For shipping this long, it should have been free shipping.

Very disappointed in the shipping on this!

jtconnors23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtconnors23

I gave this stuff a shot, for $20 might as well as i love jerkey. Not so sure I'll ever order it again. It was ok at best. I found the pork to be slimey, and the sweet chipolte to be the only decent flavor.

Glad i tried it. There is lots to improve upon. If you want good jerkey, get uncle Mike's. Its fantastic.