cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Calling all SE Michiganders! Scott Harvey will be at WineStyles in Livonia on August 6th, from 7-9 pm! We will be having an after-event at my place (literally around the corner from WineStyles) to enjoy spending some time face-to-face with Scott!

The after-event is open to whoever shows up, but the event at WineStyles is an RSVP-based event. Please RSVP with me as soon as possible so that I can reserve our seats.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

WineStyles has finally announced this event, and there is a price update. You all are special because I'm a wine club member there and so I can get you in, but this has been announced as a wine club member only event - which means it's pricier.

WineStyles wrote:WINE CLUB MEMBERS ONLY

BOTTLE SIGNING EVENT FEATURING WINEMAKER SCOTT HARVEY

Come join Judy from Veritas as she brings her very special guest Scott Harvey as he shows us his award winning portfolio from Amador County, California. These wines are highly rated, sought after, and best of all; Scott will be signing the bottles to give them a personal touch. The Scott Harvey portfolio, was created out of a market demand for Scott's wines – "niche wines that over deliver." The Scott Harvey line focuses on Scott's roots – Zinfandel, Syrah and Barbara from the Sierras. Approachable, food friendly and full of luscious fruit, these wines have struck a cord in the marketplace. Scott has hit his stride with his new mantra – "Scott Harvey Wines, it's time."

$20.00 pp Wine Club Members

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

ATTENDEES:

• Scott Harvey
  • cheron98
  • oppsie +1
    - Pie. Mmm pie.
  • jwink

MAYBES:
  • woopdedoo

REGRETS:
  • MarkDaSpark
  • tommythecat78
  • spdrcr05
  • alien88

MAYBES: I need a confirmation please by Tuesday 8/4 so that I can cancel out any empty spots so I don't get charged for them

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78

Dammit. I am in a wedding that weekend. Stupid people getting married.

Edit: I just noticed that it is on a Thursday. Makes it a maybe event for me. Depends on work and when the rehearsal dinner is.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:Dammit. I am in a wedding that weekend. Stupid people getting married.

Edit: I just noticed that it is on a Thursday. Makes it a maybe event for me. Depends on work and when the rehearsal dinner is.

Excellent I'll take maybe

Isn't that like the 2nd or 3rd wedding this summer for you?

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Excellent I'll take maybe

Isn't that like the 2nd or 3rd wedding this summer for you?

2nd. Then another the following weekend.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

cheron98

tommythecat78 wrote:2nd. Then another the following weekend.

Sheesh.

Well, for the WineStyles thing, they haven't announced it to the public yet - probably will around mid-July, and I plan to get us in there probably the second week of July. So please let me know by like July 15 so I can give them a count.

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:Sheesh.

Well, for the WineStyles thing, they haven't announced it to the public yet - probably will around mid-July, and I plan to get us in there probably the second week of July. So please let me know by like July 15 so I can give them a count.

No problem.

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm

I'll still be in Oneonta, NY at my conference. We have a wedding to go to that Friday night.
Darn! I'd love to see Scott again.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

bahwm wrote:I'll still be in Oneonta, NY at my conference. We have a wedding to go to that Friday night.
Darn! I'd love to see Scott again.

Sad! You'll be missed! And I'm sure the WineStyles crew will be asking where my "family" is I think they're convinced you guys are either my parents or my aunt/uncle. Doesn't matter how many times I tell them, they're convinced you're family.

Works for me

bahwm

cheron98 wrote:Sad! You'll be missed! And I'm sure the WineStyles crew will be asking where my "family" is I think they're convinced you guys are either my parents or my aunt/uncle. Doesn't matter how many times I tell them, they're convinced you're family.

Works for me

Sheez! They only saw us once! Why fight it? We'll be back! Your "family" will have to stop by WineStyles next time we come in to visit our niece/daughter.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

bumpy-bump

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

Lucky Michiganders! The WineStyles stores here in MN (at least the one I went to) don't seem to carry Scott Harvey wines.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

cheron98

nmachen wrote:Lucky Michiganders! The WineStyles stores here in MN (at least the one I went to) don't seem to carry Scott Harvey wines.

Bring one in and share it with the owner and get them hooked

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
nmachen wrote:Lucky Michiganders! The WineStyles stores here in MN (at least the one I went to) don't seem to carry Scott Harvey wines.

Sorella in downtown Minneapolis had Scott Harvey Barbera, last time I was there.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen
coynedj wrote:Sorella in downtown Minneapolis had Scott Harvey Barbera, last time I was there.

Good call - thanks! Stopped in today & got the Barbera & a bottle of Roessler Red Label...

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

bahwm

nmachen wrote:Good call - thanks! Stopped in today & got the Barbera & a bottle of Roessler Red Label...

We just had the Roessler Red Label the other night. Mmmmmm--yum!

spdrcr05

quality posts: 30 Private Messages spdrcr05

Cheron... put me down as a maybe! I'll let you know for sure before the 15th.

I should be at the start of my grand walk-about around that time.

2 things I'd need to sort out...
1) a place to crash for the night. I'll have all my camping gear with me, so a place to roll out my sleeping bag is all that's needed.

2) someplace to stash my dog during the tasting. A well trained, housebroken, very docile, extra friendly, but big black lab. A fenced yard or a room with a door are my minimum needs there.

In periods of profound change, the most dangerous thing is to incrementalize yourself into the future -- Thomas Edision

cheron98

spdrcr05 wrote:Cheron... put me down as a maybe! I'll let you know for sure before the 15th.

1) a place to crash for the night. I'll have all my camping gear with me, so a place to roll out my sleeping bag is all that's needed.

2) someplace to stash my dog during the tasting. A well trained, housebroken, very docile, extra friendly, but big black lab. A fenced yard or a room with a door are my minimum needs there.

Well, I was all set to offer you crash space at my place, but then you said dog. Given I've got an unsocialized cat, probably not the wisest idea... But I'll definitely get you on teh maybe list!

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie
spdrcr05 wrote:Cheron... put me down as a maybe! I'll let you know for sure before the 15th.

I have a fenced yard. But it's a bit of a hike from the tasting.

cheron98

Bumping to remind the maybes you've got about a week to make a decision

borisgoodenough

quality posts: 4 Private Messages borisgoodenough

Bummed at the choice of nights -- that's the same night as the gold medal reception for the MI Wine Competition... wish I could be both places, but am committed to Lansing.

Joel

cheron98

borisgoodenough wrote:Bummed at the choice of nights -- that's the same night as the gold medal reception for the MI Wine Competition... wish I could be both places, but am committed to Lansing.

Joel

Yeah, that's why he's out here is for that competition. I just got a thing from WineStyles the other day saying they were switching their events to Wednesdays for the remainder of the summer, so I'm gonna need to head over there and confirm which date it actually is. Scott's date is Thursday, but if it's actually Wednesday, we obviously need to find that out They're closed on Sundays, though, so I'll try to get there tomorrow and find out for sure.

cheron98

Wow. Multi-post uber-best. thing. ever..

cheron98

Although watching the musical kitty for server errors is adorable and fun, I really hate returning to find out I have 3 posts exactly the same. Sad.

cheron98

*bump* Last call - I'm making our reservations tomorrow

tommythecat78

cheron98 wrote:*bump* Last call - I'm making our reservations tomorrow

Move me to the regrets. I really can't fathom a way I'll be able to make it. The date of the tasting is the day I have to pick up my tux for the wedding that weekend.

cheron98

I have secured reservations for 6, so there are currently 2 spots available. I can get more no problem if there's enough interest, but we at least have a few

alien88

quality posts: 18 Private Messages alien88

Tempting.. hmm....

wooters.us - scoring more bags of Koi for you than others.

cheron98

alien88 wrote:Tempting.. hmm....

come join us!!!

alien88

cheron98 wrote:come join us!!!

What's the atmosphere like? I've never actually done anything like this. I definitely enjoy wine, but I'm somewhat of an amateur compared to most people... I'm also 25

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I only have been to one, but its loads of fun. The atmosphere is very relaxed, and I definetely did not feel age really played a role. So go to one, and then you will start planning to going to another one.

cheron98

alien88 wrote:What's the atmosphere like? I've never actually done anything like this. I definitely enjoy wine, but I'm somewhat of an amateur compared to most people... I'm also 25

I'm only 28 and just started on wine a year and a half ago The atmosphere is casual, and WineStyles is really a great place to hang out - I'm there probably once every other week or so. We try not to be too snobby about the tastings, and if we start to be so, feel free to just smack us all down. We've all done our fair share of smacking and being smacked.

cheron98

Oh, BTW: If you have stems and are picky about them, I suggest you bring them. I will bring a few along for people, but can't cover everyone easily. I mean, I CAN, but it's hard to transport more than 5 glasses. WineStyles supplies their wine club members with nice Reidel stems, but otherwise, you get the little default rolled rim tiny glasses.

alien88

Yeah, see, I'm not that picky. I don't even have any special glasses.. just the normal red and white glasses.

cheron98

alien88 wrote:Yeah, see, I'm not that picky. I don't even have any special glasses.. just the normal red and white glasses.

Ok. Well I'm still planning on bringing a few glasses, so if someone wants to use them, you're welcome to.

Last time I brought someone, they "accidentally" gave them the good glasses. But I don't think they'll make that same accident with a bunch of people

(updated attendee list -
MAYBES: I need a confirmation please by Tuesday 8/4 so that I can cancel out any empty spots so I don't get charged for them)

cheron98

IMPORTANT UPDATE

WineStyles has finally announced this event, and there is a price update. You all are special because I'm a wine club member there and so I can get you in, but this has been announced as a wine club member only event - which means it's pricier.

WineStyles wrote:WINE CLUB MEMBERS ONLY

BOTTLE SIGNING EVENT FEATURING WINEMAKER SCOTT HARVEY

Come join Judy from Veritas as she brings her very special guest Scott Harvey as he shows us his award winning portfolio from Amador County, California. These wines are highly rated, sought after, and best of all; Scott will be signing the bottles to give them a personal touch. The Scott Harvey portfolio, was created out of a market demand for Scott's wines – "niche wines that over deliver." The Scott Harvey line focuses on Scott's roots – Zinfandel, Syrah and Barbara from the Sierras. Approachable, food friendly and full of luscious fruit, these wines have struck a cord in the marketplace. Scott has hit his stride with his new mantra – "Scott Harvey Wines, it's time."

$20.00 pp Wine Club Members

cheron98

Geez you people are talkative today. Bumping up so it doesn't get lost. Again.

cyborgdo11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cyborgdo11

I won't be attending. Sorry.

alien88

Argh, I was informed of a prior commitment on Thursday so I won't be able to make it. Sorry, perhaps for a future DTW event!

cheron98

alien88 wrote:Argh, I was informed of a prior commitment on Thursday so I won't be able to make it. Sorry, perhaps for a future DTW event!

No problem

Anyone else? Last call!