Clipdat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Clipdat

I highly recommend any wine lovers to pick up this 4-pack. Great vineyard.

majortomm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majortomm

Steak will be a great accompaniment, to either the Sangio or the Zin. We are fortunate to live very close to this winery, and have their wines often The Zin being offered with this is one of my favorites.

SuzyGullett

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SuzyGullett

This is Suzy Gullett. I'm the owner of Vino Noceto, along with my husband, Jim. Indiana has only been open to shipping wine for a short while. While your legistors passed a law allowing us to ship way back in March 2006, it was, unfortunately, a bit unclear. As a result, UPS and FedEx would not accept shipments until recently. We're currently working on getting the licensing to ship to Indiana. But, it's a lot of paperwork, $1000 tied up indefinitely in a bond or CD, and a $100 annual license. Times that by 50 states and it gets pretty expensive for us little folk to ship to all of the 50 states. Hopefully, the next time we're on WOOT we'll be able to ship to you.

bcm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcm1
yermej wrote:It's possible as long as the gift set is going to a different address. You just order yours by itself as usual. Then you order one more, but check the Yes, I would like to give this woot as a gift. checkbox and enter a different shipping address. The shipping address has to be different.

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear... my friend is in another state, so definitely different addresses. Thanks very much!

jlyon1138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlyon1138
SuzyGullett wrote:This is Suzy Gullett. I'm the owner of Vino Noceto, along with my husband, Jim. Indiana has only been open to shipping wine for a short while. While your legistors passed a law allowing us to ship way back in March 2006, it was, unfortunately, a bit unclear. As a result, UPS and FedEx would not accept shipments until recently. We're currently working on getting the licensing to ship to Indiana. But, it's a lot of paperwork, $1000 tied up indefinitely in a bond or CD, and a $100 annual license. Times that by 50 states and it gets pretty expensive for us little folk to ship to all of the 50 states. Hopefully, the next time we're on WOOT we'll be able to ship to you.

Thanks Suzy, eager to try your wine - Indiana res.

zimmermb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zimmermb

mmmmmm delicious! couldn't pass this up after all the rave reviews.

mmmmmmm lab rat would also be delicious! any excuse to have friends over and drink wine, right?
i still need to really celebrate paying off that first student loan! please.

SuzyGullett

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SuzyGullett
majortomm wrote:Steak will be a great accompaniment, to either the Sangio or the Zin. We are fortunate to live very close to this winery, and have their wines often The Zin being offered with this is one of my favorites.

The Noceto Sangiovese should be great with latkes and applesauce. But, Hannukah will be over by the time you get your wine -- unless, of course, you're like me. We're having our Hannukah party two weeks late! I think I'd pick the Riserva Sangiovese for the steak. It's the biggest of the three wines. Hopefully, our tasting room staff will chime in. They are awesome cooks and can tell you how to pair these wines with food. But, they probably aren't up till all hours of the night like me.

NatasG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NatasG

I love Sangiovese!!!

Thanks Woot

Vino Noceto Quartet
Current numbers (updated each minute):
First sucker: Loweeel
Speed to first woot: 0m 32.470s

Last wooter to woot: NatasG

gabis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabis

Wow... I haven't had the urge to splurge on a wine.woot in quite some time. Funds have been reaaaal low the past 9 months.

However, I was lucky enough to grab a set the first time and I still talk about it. The OGP and Riserva were excellent. Definitely worth a come back for me. Thanks!!

BuddhaJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BuddhaJ
SuzyGullett wrote:This is Suzy Gullett. I'm the owner of Vino Noceto, along with my husband, Jim. Indiana has only been open to shipping wine for a short while. While your legistors passed a law allowing us to ship way back in March 2006, it was, unfortunately, a bit unclear. As a result, UPS and FedEx would not accept shipments until recently. We're currently working on getting the licensing to ship to Indiana. But, it's a lot of paperwork, $1000 tied up indefinitely in a bond or CD, and a $100 annual license. Times that by 50 states and it gets pretty expensive for us little folk to ship to all of the 50 states. Hopefully, the next time we're on WOOT we'll be able to ship to you.

Thanks for the response hopefully next time you'll get enough business from Indiana to make it worth the effort

ladyskir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyskir

Met Suzy and Jim a few times. They continue to make my favorite Sangiovese, as well as the Capitol Wine Club Sangiovese winner. I continue to make their winery a must visit stop on every Amador Wine Tasting trip!

One must not forget the great "doggie" they share with all who visit. See the winery website for more details.

dreamchaser83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamchaser83

first time woot and i go for wine... what can i say, gotta start somewhere.

...still exploring the vino

• Wellington Three-Pack Plus Mystery Wine Challenge
  • Chaucer's Mead Trio
  • Vino Noceto Quartet
  • Scott Harvey InZINerator - Three Pack
  • Iron Horse Sparkling Two Pack with Four Wine Flutes
  • Yorkville Cellars Trio

clayfu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages clayfu

Darn i want to get in on this, but... i'll be in Italy drinking Sangiovese before it arrives =P

WD can we hold shipments till the new year =)

skizzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skizzy

Aargh!
I promised myself no wine til next year...
I'm such a liar...
I am available for parties and Labratting..

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
Loweeel wrote:A FIRST SUCKER IS ME!!!!!

First sucker, and opened the cyberpub -- a busy boy you be! WTG!

CT | | | | | |

jwhite6114

quality posts: 119 Private Messages jwhite6114
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Here I was originally going to hold off on buying more wine for a bit...and there I go clicking the I Want One button...

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to be a labrat for the first time, as I'm buying so early. I've even used my office address this time so would actually get the labrat delivery (hint, hint).

I am trying to be as disciplined as you were not. I have sworn I will not buy anything more for a while, but a Sangiovese is hard to pass up; with a reserve and a zin in the mix -- really hard to pass up. I'd say I'll wait for labrat reports, but folks are already talking about the last time Vino Noceto was offered as being a good wine.woot, so who needs to wait.

Close your eyes ... go to your happy place ... what do you see? Four bottles of wine and a big gold "I want one" button!

CT | | | | | |

NatalieW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NatalieW

No MA...No CT... No wine for me ; (((
EDIT: I do not see MA on your ship to list at all. Do you ship to any distributors in MA? I'm game to hunt around for a nice soft sale here. I love a sangiovese x 3!

mary624

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mary624

My first time. Can't wait for them to arrive......love those reds!

tomatillo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tomatillo
jwhite6114 wrote:...I'd say I'll wait for labrat reports, ...

Speaking of reports, I notice the side deal link to cork'd.
I know nothing of the online notes 'services' but would like to start investing my time and effort in one.

Are there one or two or three which you've found easiest to use, most efficient, etc?

While the discussion should go over to the side link, I'm not sure those of you happy with your (other) services would bother travelling over there to comment.

Thanks.

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord

In for one because of everyone's praise of the last time this was up! Although my credit card is hurting after picking up the case of humbug etc. I'm looking foward to hearing more about this wine.

Vino Noceto Quartet
Current numbers (updated each minute):

Last wooter to woot: tcklord

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

tcklord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tcklord
jwhite6114 wrote:I am trying to be as disciplined as you were not. I have sworn I will not buy anything more for a while, but a Sangiovese is hard to pass up; with a reserve and a zin in the mix -- really hard to pass up. I'd say I'll wait for labrat reports, but folks are already talking about the last time Vino Noceto was offered as being a good wine.woot, so who needs to wait.

Close your eyes ... go to your happy place ... what do you see? Four bottles of wine and a big gold "I want one" button!

Everyone's praise of the last offering was enough to get me to buy :-)

334 bottles from Wine.woot
17 Normal Woot
4 Sellout Woot

codemogul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codemogul

In for three!

Last wooter to woot: codemogul

Lamented missing this one last time, not going to make that mistake twice.

There's a daytime Nyquil, there's a nighttime Nyquil, drink either one you want okay? Because your cold doesn't care what time it is!! [Lewis Black]

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron
Loweeel wrote:Months of trying, and I finally get it!

The only way this would be better is if it were PS, but you can't win 'em all!

Dude, it's Sangiovese. Surely that must count for something.

Happy Hannukah and welcome to your week of fame!

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

mkkproductions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkkproductions

What happened to New Jersey? It was not on the list then it was and now its gone again. Anyone know?

Ervin72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ervin72
NatalieW wrote:No MA...No CT... No wine for me ; (((
EDIT: I do not see MA on your ship to list at all. Do you ship to any distributors in MA? I'm game to hunt around for a nice soft sale here. I love a sangiovese x 3!

They used to ship to CT. Wine.com ships to CT, too. I don't know what the heck is wine.woot's problem now.

evrything4fun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evrything4fun
Ervin72 wrote:They used to ship to CT. Wine.com ships to CT, too. I don't know what the heck is wine.woot's problem now.

While I'm sure that wine.woot has its share of problems, this is not one of them. wine.woot does not decide where it ships to weekly, it is up to the vineyard. wine.woot is only like a wine broker - they are hooking you up with the vineyard... if the vineyard has a license to ship to your state then you can get it; if not, you are SOL.

Actively searching for a wine.wooter annonymous meeting

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Last wooter to woot: ERMD

Went back and reviewed comments from previous and all were positive to great. What can I say? in for 3 (12 bottles)....I like wine. Remember 2 glasses of red a day helps keep the ...... away?

djvitruvius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djvitruvius

Can I get a little clarification on 'arrives before christmas?' Are we talking on or before Friday, Dec 21, or are we talking arriving on Monday, Dec 24? The reason I ask is that I'm leaving the evening on Friday, Dec 21. I'm in Cleveland if that helps get a better delivery estimate. Thanks!

ERMD

Wd,
wouldnt mind being a big fat Capybara for this one

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
richc7 wrote:Is there any way to ensure that if I order now that it'll arrive by Friday in Chicago? I remember that shipping during the winter was fast, but the last time I ordered I think it took a week to arrive...

I'm in Chicago and I've never ordered on a Monday and had it here by Friday. Could be just me, but I'd guess it wouldn't arrive until next week.

cathyk39

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cathyk39

Thanks for the explanation. I did get your wine the last time it was offerred and it has been one of my favorite woots thus far. I'm a bit disappointed I can't join the fun this time around, but I do realize that these laws are extremely difficult on small businesses.

Guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride this week.

"A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk."
~~ Lee Entrekin

Foofster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foofster

Off the current subject <sorry>, but has anyone received the Windsor Sonoma trio yet? I'm one of those unfortunate few who would kill to taste a big, bold red but asthma prevents that pleasure; thus have been waiting anxiously for one of the few white wine offers that come by.

notfromtexas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notfromtexas

"Hope I get lab ratted as this will proably be my last woot of the year. Going to my parents house for the holidays and they don't have internet. "

Are your parents hermits? Monks? Yeti? Even my 80 yo grandmother has internet. She can't figure out how to turn the computer on, but still.....

ERMD

Foofster wrote:Off the current subject <sorry>, but has anyone received the Windsor Sonoma trio yet? I'm one of those unfortunate few who would kill to taste a big, bold red but asthma prevents that pleasure; thus have been waiting anxiously for one of the few white wine offers that come by.

I'm sure Pam is working on it. She explained that there was a problem with the wood boxes.

alukan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages alukan
ERMD wrote:I'm sure Pam is working on it. She explained that there was a problem with the wood boxes.

Ahh ... I hadn't received mine either and was wondering the same thing.

Oh ... in for 3 on this one. Here's hoping that the labrat fairy visits

doyouflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doyouflip
michelleshari wrote:You gotta email WD and tell HIM (in his email - not on the forum) that you want to be a labrat. Once you do that one time, you're in for life. Or until WD changes the rules.

Thanks! But I'm not sure who that is. I submitted my request through the form on the Write Us page bud didn't see any reference to WD anywhere (or anyone or anything with those initials). Good enough? Or pathetically misguided?

yoshi8581

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoshi8581
scorpiosiren wrote:We loved this offering the first time around - in for 3...if still around by the end of the week - in for 3 more...

was the 1st time around the same wines?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
tomatillo wrote:Speaking of reports, I notice the side deal link to cork'd.
I know nothing of the online notes 'services' but would like to start investing my time and effort in one.

Are there one or two or three which you've found easiest to use, most efficient, etc?

While the discussion should go over to the side link, I'm not sure those of you happy with your (other) services would bother travelling over there to comment.

Thanks.

I think that there is a thread regarding Cellar Tracker. A lot of folks here use it, and I finally got my cellar up. You can check out my cellar in my signature. Look and you will see several folks with links to Cellar Tracker in their signatures. One nice thing with so many Wooters on Cellar Tracker as you can see comments on all of the Woot wines.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

meyer22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22

WD - You got me again!!! I dont have the money for this. The wife and I just had our second child and had to buy a new car. The wine budget is very low right now, but Zins and Sangiovese are our things. Basement full of the stuff.

How about a cograts on the new baby gift by making me a labrat!!!! Please...

BTW - As any proud papa would I have to tell you about her. Her name is Anna Rose, she was 8lbs, 13oz when born. She was born on 11/4/07. She is currently running the household with an iron fist, when her big sister allows her anyway...

Im in for two, this stuff just looks way too good to pass up. Especially the Reserve Sangiovese.

efessel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efessel

Anyone know what happened to the option to ship to connecticut? :/