1 2004 Vino Noceto Reserve Sangiovese
1 2004 Vino Noceto Ferrero Zinfanandel

Link are to CellarTracker

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

yermej

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yermej

Awesome! The previous Noceto is still one of my favorite woot wines. In for two.

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

The winery can be found here. The link will also appear in the CellarTracker records for the wines once Corrado finds them.

Mmmmm Sangiovese! I'll have to be in on this one, but later in the week.

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Loweeel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Loweeel

A FIRST SUCKER IS ME!!!!!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

michelleshari

quality posts: 1 Private Messages michelleshari
Loweeel wrote:A FIRST SUCKER IS ME!!!!!

Mazel Tov!

Check out our cellar

Loweeel

michelleshari wrote:Mazel Tov!

Months of trying, and I finally get it!

The only way this would be better is if it were PS, but you can't win 'em all!

Favorites: Roessler ¬ KRPN ¬ Etude ¬ Stuart ¬ KRPort ¬ Tøøthstejnn ¬ Titus ¬ URSA ¬ InZin ¬ SBMystery ¬ SxBS&Z+4 ¬ DC3&4 ¬ TyC3&FB ¬ FeEquus ¬ PSPS ¬ Harvey ¬ SBRes&CR ¬ Corison ¬ Noceto ¬ Humbug ¬ KRSEXY3SOME ¬ PoiZin06 ¬ POLY ¬ Castoro ¬ SBCab ¬ KRPS2K ¬ HW12 ¬ GSaké ¬ הגפןCab ¬ PepBr

CT ¬ PSychos' Path
"The one difference between me and Petite Sirah is that I don't have a dumb period." - YT

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

!@#$%^ I must have been second. I loved this wine the first time around!
First sucker: Loweeel
Speed to first woot: 0m 32.470s
Last wooter to woot: Cesare

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

madlobster

quality posts: 2 Private Messages madlobster

WOW wine on wine.woot haven't seen wine in a few days, : P

timbyrd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timbyrd

Bah!

It's not a PS - that's just wrong!

Hope that you get the first-sucker-labrat-karma, though.

-- T
(in for 1)

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

BuddhaJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BuddhaJ

I'm just curious I'm from Indiana. Anyone know the wine rules for this state? I managed to order the humbug crate the other day and I want to order this but my state isn't listed =( would be nice to try out new things

rwave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwave

I think this is going to go fast. The last Vino Noceto offering appears about 10 times on the consensus best WOOT wines thread, which means it's probably damn good. I'm going to have to decide quickly on this one.

Edit: I caved...

Last wooter to woot: rwave

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

only by seconds!

I love Sangiovese and Zin, sorry I missed the Noceto last time, in for 1!

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

In for 1! Great to know it will be here before Christmas! Thanks wine.woot!

scorpiosiren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scorpiosiren

We loved this offering the first time around - in for 3...if still around by the end of the week - in for 3 more...

MsA

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Here I was originally going to hold off on buying more wine for a bit...and there I go clicking the I Want One button...

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to be a labrat for the first time, as I'm buying so early. I've even used my office address this time so would actually get the labrat delivery (hint, hint).

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

subinsignia

quality posts: 9 Private Messages subinsignia

Ihave 9 left of a case of the 2005 Sangio. Supoerb little wine. The 2004 Riserva is a even bigger, more cherry and berry and fine. The Ferraro Ranch ZIn is also darn good stuff. I have to check my inventory here and buy more.

Steve Jones

highaltitudehigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highaltitudehigh

Ask and ye shall receive!!

Thanks Winedavid... exactly what I wanted. In for one....
OH, and I'd be splendid at lab rattery!

michelleshari

Definitely in. And would make a great lab rat - I'm home all day Tuesday AND have plans with friends. Plus, Tuesday is the last night of Hannukah and being a lab rat would make a FANTASTIC Hannukah present for me.

EDIT: Speaking of Hannukah... LOVE the podcast today!

Check out our cellar

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
subinsignia wrote:Ihave 9 left of a case of the 2005 Sangio. Supoerb little wine. The 2004 Riserva is a even bigger, more cherry and berry and fine. The Ferraro Ranch ZIn is also darn good stuff. I have to check my inventory here and buy more.

Thought of you when we secured this one subinsignia.

WD

bigdozer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdozer

The Noceto wines were by far the best sub $20/bottle wine I have gotten from wine woot. I got one for myself and one for my mom's birthday (and I hope she lets me steal a bottle of hers). I predict it sells out by Tues AM.

Wine woot I thank you and my wallet curses you for this early Christmas present!

Pixiedoodle11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pixiedoodle11
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Here I was originally going to hold off on buying more wine for a bit...and there I go clicking the I Want One button...

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to be a labrat for the first time, as I'm buying so early. I've even used my office address this time so would actually get the labrat delivery (hint, hint).

I'm somewhat new here and I've yet to do a wine.woot (though I've been extremely tempted a few times, funds have not allowed me the luxury), I'm just curious as I've seen it written here a few times... What is a labrat in terms of wine.woot?

bmckenna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmckenna

In for 2. Tonight, I had a very nice Montepulciano d'Abbruzio and remembered why I like Italian wine (though most of my experience has been with Chianti). What's the difference between this and a Brunello? Wikipedia seems to think they're synonyms. I was led to believe that Brunellos had higher tannin levels and were better for aging, but I didn't see anything in the description like that, which would make me think things are different.

Loweeel

damnit, after these comments, I'm tempted to email service and upgrade to 2, if for no other reason than I only have 1 other bottle of Sang currently in my cellar... it will probably depend on the drinking windows, so hopefully we can get an answer on that before tomorrow morning.

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

ddbernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ddbernst

OK - we're in for 2. There is nothing better than a good Sangiovese, and the posts are telling me this one is too good to pass!

We'll go tonight for our order, so we will be in the LabRatLottery! If we get LabRat, will have to change the menu from Latkes to Steak though! Sounds like this will need a good steak to let it shine! :-)

Can anyone who has already had this recommend a menu choice for this, or will steak (or latkes) be OK?

highaltitudehigh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highaltitudehigh

Okay, now I wonder if I should get 2!
I don't go to work until noon, let's take a guess on whether or not I hit that button in the morning.. or wait, I should just sent and email to add another, right?

yermej

Pixiedoodle11 wrote:I'm somewhat new here and I've yet to do a wine.woot (though I've been extremely tempted a few times, funds have not allowed me the luxury), I'm just curious as I've seen it written here a few times... What is a labrat in terms of wine.woot?

To be a labrat you send mail to labrat@woot.com with your woot username (you only need to do this part once) and then you buy whatever is offered for the week by 10 AM CST Monday. If you're lucky enough to be chosen, you'll be overnighted a free (that is, in addition to your order) single bottle from the week's offering. However, with great luck comes great responsibility...or something like that. As a labrat, you are expected to try the wine and post your opinions on the forum as soon as possible.

If you've been waiting for an excellent woot to jump in on, I would really, really, really recommend this one. We had Noceto Sangiovese and old vine Zin last year and it was all really, really good. Some of the best wine.woot has offered and there's a reasonable consensus on that as well. Maybe not everybody has chosen it as their favorite, but I don't recall anybody saying they didn't like it.

yermej

Loweeel wrote:damnit, after these comments, I'm tempted to email service and upgrade to 2, if for no other reason than I only have 1 other bottle of Sang currently in my cellar... it will probably depend on the drinking windows, so hopefully we can get an answer on that before tomorrow morning.

You only ordered one?!?!!!111elevendy No wonder you got first sucker honors! Next time I'll just order one and then email service to up it once I've secured first sucker.

Very clever, Loweeel. Very clever indeed.

penfoldhamster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penfoldhamster

In for one - already have too much wine at home but couldn't resist. Maybe Woot will give a Christmas gift and make me a Labrat (*hint hint*)

Loweeel

yermej wrote:You only ordered one?!?!!!111elevendy No wonder you got first sucker honors! Next time I'll just order one and then email service to up it once I've secured first sucker.

Very clever, Loweeel. Very clever indeed.

It's because I have plenty of Zin in my Cellar...

CT ¬ PSychos' Path

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Missed out on this winery's offerings the first time....but wine.wooters comments about their juice tuirned out to be strongly positive.....so I'm in for 2 units....and would have ordered a third set but my basement is filling up with wine !

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

SmallsRHIT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SmallsRHIT

Last wooter to woot: SmallsRHIT

In for 2. My finger got too itchy to slow it down. This makes it 14 bottles of W.W. The other 6 are Humbug, which I still haven't tried. I think I'm headed down a slippery slope...

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
madlobster wrote:WOW wine on wine.woot haven't seen wine in a few days, : P

Don't remember
http://wine.woot.com/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryId=3486
~or~
http://wine.woot.com/Blog/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryId=3558?

That being said, twas a nice experiment, but ummmm.... yeah.

doyouflip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doyouflip

I don't know anything about this wine, but I'm easily influenced and the comments convinced me to buy it. I had to look up the lab rat business on wikipedia, so how do I get in on that again? Just say "I want to be a labrat", because I want to be a labrat. Thanks woot wine!

damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Last wooter to woot: damightyanteater

Had to get in based on the raves the last one seems to have gotten.

Hope I get lab ratted as this will proably be my last woot of the year. Going to my parents house for the holidays and they don't have internet.

Man - Im excited, seems its been too long since I got wine from woot!

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

michelleshari

doyouflip wrote:I don't know anything about this wine, but I'm easily influenced and the comments convinced me to buy it. I had to look up the lab rat business on wikipedia, so how do I get in on that again? Just say "I want to be a labrat", because I want to be a labrat. Thanks woot wine!

You gotta email WD and tell HIM (in his email - not on the forum) that you want to be a labrat. Once you do that one time, you're in for life. Or until WD changes the rules.

Check out our cellar

bcm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcm1

Can someone tell me... I'd like to order one set for myself, and another one sent as a gift to a friend. Is that possible with only one account? I know the other woot sites have a limit of one order per account, but is wine.woot different, if one of them is marked as a gift? Thanks in advance!

yermej

bcm1 wrote:Can someone tell me... I'd like to order one set for myself, and another one sent as a gift to a friend. Is that possible with only one account? I know the other woot sites have a limit of one order per account, but is wine.woot different, if one of them is marked as a gift? Thanks in advance!

It's possible as long as the gift set is going to a different address. You just order yours by itself as usual. Then you order one more, but check the Yes, I would like to give this woot as a gift. checkbox and enter a different shipping address. The shipping address has to be different.

richc7

quality posts: 4 Private Messages richc7

Is there any way to ensure that if I order now that it'll arrive by Friday in Chicago? I remember that shipping during the winter was fast, but the last time I ordered I think it took a week to arrive...

mgdsh

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mgdsh

Last wooter to woot: mgdsh

In for 1 woot and 1 prayer for a labrat ... pleeeaaasssee

Favorites: Corison/Helios Cabs/Cab Franc, TyCaton Cab/TyTaniun & Field Blend, Roessler Pinots, Krupp Verasion Synchrony, Kent Rasmussen PS & Titus Lot 1