Buy And Hold
Serve your heart or serve your wallet? Andre Mack made his choice, and now we’ve got a three pack of Mouton Noir 2008 Montgomery Place Reds.
Andre was doing well with a major investment bank. Probably he could have stayed there forever and just watched the money roll in. But that wasn’t his passion. His passion was seeing that little twist of the mouth from a stranger, the “Wow, how did I not try this before?” face. Andre Mack left his solid financial sector job to take a chance, and to follow his heart. Now at only 35, he’s a pretty solid name in the world of wine.
Food and Wine, Wine and Spirits Magazine, Ebony and Women’s Heath, Black Enterprise and The New York Times have all featured Andre Mack and his garage wines. Haven’t tried him yet? This Mouton Noir 2008 Montgomery Place Red 3 Pack is your chance to leap on and discover… well, what it feels like to make that little twist of the mouth. Because if this guy loves wine enough to throw away a bank job, you know he won’t be letting you down.
Black fruit aromatics, silky spice, then it all rolls in. Your palate fills with blackberries, dark cherries, baking spices and oh, those final tannins. You’ll be getting three bottles because this wine will nicely age, and sure, it’s ready now, but it miiiight be worth letting one rest to revisit in, say, eight years?
After all, any good banker knows how to play the long game with his investments. Even a banker whose destiny was in wine.
Mouton Noir Wines 2008 Montgomery Place
- Winemaker: Andre Hueston Mack
- Vine Age: 8-15 years-old
- Altitude: 500 – 1200 feet
- Vinification: De-stemmed, 5-7 Day Cold Soak, 28 day extended maceration
- Soil: Crocker Vineyard- Alluvium, Palisades Vineyard-Cobbly Loam
- Grape Varieties: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petite Verdot
- Alcohol: 14.5% by volume
- Acidity: 0.55
- Maturation in bottle: 3 months
- Maturation in barrel: 12 months
- Barrel Type: French Oak
- Barrel Age: Neutral
- Estate Production Quantity: 2,500 cases
- Production Quantity (this wine): 1250 cases
This wine has fantastic aromatics of black fruits and spice with intense yet silky flavors of blackberries, dark cherries and baking spices on the palate and adding in ample tannins for a bright finish. Enjoy this great value over the next 8 years.
Rules and restrictions:
- Wine sold by winery
- You must be 21 or older to order
- Whoever receives the package must be 21 or older
- If you're drunk when the package shows up, you will not be allowed to receive it
- Wine cannot be delivered to a P.O. Box
- We highly recommend you use a business address as your shipping address
Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:
- District Of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
If your state's not on the list, you're out of luck... for now. Keep up with the ever-changing laws over at ShipCompliantBlog.com, and/or sound the alarms with your state assembly person through FreeTheGrapes.org. Meanwhile, all Federal, state and local laws are complied with in providing this wine.