Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Today marks the debut of Monkey Prize, the second wine offering from Woot Cellars, available immediately at Wine.Woot - but that's not all. It's also the official public unveiling of my new face after a grueling course of Botox injections. Yeah, thanks for noticing! Oh, and we made our first-ever Woot video to honor our new Cabernet-Sangiovese blend. It's a revealing look behind the wine curtain, a heartwarming holiday fable about the hope in the heart of a child, a cautionary glimpse into the very maw of Perdition itself. It goes a little something like this:

If you really want to annoy your lover, cousin, bandmate, attorney, or pastor, be sure to send him or her a link to this page. And by all means, let us know what you think of the video in the comments section below - maybe we can be stopped while there's still time.

Els6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Els6

This video is hilarious. Can i get Dr. Hercules the chimp with my order for a full case? He's got such wonderful brown eyes, and that cute smile is so charming.

The endorsement of the wine tasting like paint thinner is what has sold me. Keep up the awesome work. Wine.woot rocks!

chin4me

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chin4me

OMG I hope that wasn't really alcohol they gave to the chimp. Was still really funny. Poop flinging would be all that could make it better... Chimps make everything funnier. The guy crapping his pants was close enough I guess, then the flinging of a ribbon... I'm not sure 'Gamey' is a good word for wine though... even if it is made of fermented monkeys...

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha

A saucy little video; nice bouquet; unpretentious with a little heat and just a hint of caramel coated sticks. or Alpo

Mr. Red

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mr. Red

This monkey appears to have his teeth in much better condition than most monkeys that appear in films. A result of better breeding and upbringing ? Like the wine perhaps?

marklog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marklog
Mr. Red wrote:This monkey appears to have his teeth in much better condition than most monkeys that appear in films. A result of better breeding and upbringing ? Like the wine perhaps?

So, was Toon the guy in the labcoat? Doesn't look much like the guy that is commonly referred to as Toon (El Dorko in the tight green shirt)...

Are you looking at my junk?

kingsquag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingsquag

Best line in the video: "Our study results were inconclusive. Or as we like to say in the scientific community, close enough."

makopsk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makopsk

Alcohol is nothing new to Dr Hercules, I went to school with him. Any wine that has been described as tasting like 'caramel coated sticks' all the way to 'alpo' has to be tried.

Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon
marklog wrote:

So, was Toon the guy in the labcoat? Doesn't look much like the guy that is commonly referred to as Toon (El Dorko in the tight green shirt)...

Nope...but El Dorko does appear (sans tight green shirt) somewhere in the video...

kalyha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kalyha
Jason Toon wrote:

Nope...but El Dorko does appear (sans tight green shirt) somewhere in the video...

Umm, would that be the over indulgent woot winer on the bathroom floor? (As alleged in the forum on woot.com)
and is there any relation to the JamieToon that works in that bar, is that why you were allowed to bring the monkey in? (Health code, smealth code, we got nepotism)

nsf143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nsf143

Great video. Keep up the good work guys!

pennyfan87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pennyfan87

where can i get one of those awesome woot hats the monkey was wearing?

pilsen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilsen

cute girls...

alphamale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphamale

Mabey next time we could see a little areola in the bar?

ztraut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ztraut

By far the best part of the video was when the monkey was wearing the hat 'Fresh Prince' style. I truly did LOL. I missed out on this batch of paint thinner, but hope I will find the next one in time.

josh3736

quality posts: 2 Private Messages josh3736

Loved the video. I just want to know where you found a monkey.

I really have no idea how I'd go about getting a monkey for filming, short of.. liberating him from the zoo.

pixelvisions

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pixelvisions

Two words, Toon:

Nice
Jowls

marklog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marklog
Jason Toon wrote:

Purely a term of endearment! I am also quite dorkalicious, however I could never pull off the tight green shirt as you do

I'll have to watch it again and snag a couple frames for the 'choppers!

Are you looking at my junk?

vladtepes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vladtepes

Why cant wine.woot just merge with http://www.bumwine.com/ and cut us all a great deal on some Thunderbird? I mean really earthy, paint-thinner, oaky, these are all reminding me of the taste of the American Classic.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.

kierkier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kierkier

I like wine, but I LOVE beer. I might want to marry it.
Any chance you folks would ever take a stab at fermenting malted grains and churn out a Monkey Prize Ale? Or has this been done?
[yes, I'm newish here]

himmelsehr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages himmelsehr

That was absolutely the funniest thing I've seen this week. And for some strange reason, I feel compelled to drink some wine. Dallas just passed an ordinance allowing dogs in bars, why not monkeys next?

jen32143

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jen32143

How come the Flying Monkey that comes with the wine was not in the video?

messiahmoose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messiahmoose
jen32143 wrote:How come the Flying Monkey that comes with the wine was not in the video?

Because it was a special offering with the Woot-Off.

Fess Parker 2005 Viognier Trio 4/27/2007 Netgear Wireless Range Extender Kit 3/9/07 Kunde Estate Trio 2/12/07 Performance Tool W5739 Quick-Line Laser Level 1/30/07 S. Anderson Napa Valley Sparkling Wine Trio 11/27/06 Random carp 11/17/06 LeakFrog 11/17/06 Random carp 10/13/06 Parker Station Critter Quartet 10/11/06 Westinghouse SaladXPress Salad Spinner 8/18/06 Invicta Men's Stainless Steel Pro Diver Multifunction Watch 8/9/06

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
messiahmoose wrote:

Because it was a special offering with the Woot-Off.

They also came about after the filming of the video, I believe. I was lucky enough to be at Woot HQ North when the sample monkey came in. It was promptly photographed, and then launched into the ceiling:

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Gatzby wrote:

They also came about after the filming of the video, I believe. I was lucky enough to be at Woot HQ North when the sample monkey came in. It was promptly photographed, and then launched into the ceiling:

If we had an open ceiling like that, I can guarantee you that my coworkers would have quickly deposited him out of reach.

The Doppeler effect of a SuperFly Woot monkey screaming over your head in a cube farm is a treasure to behold.

...until the boss starts giving you dirty looks...

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

adamxiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamxiii

Wherever did you find a Doctor of that caliber to admin your forums?

kramsauer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kramsauer

Good video until you called the chimp a monkey. He is not, and he is likely offended. For shame.

christoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christoc

Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I recognized a guy in there.

themostrighteous

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themostrighteous
christoc wrote:Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I recognized a guy in there.

???

do you know... what biodynamics is?