hpatelmd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpatelmd
laxdad wrote:Don't know if anyone else has been contemplating the new cooler line from WE called N'FINITY, but I ordered the 170 model and when it arrives in early December I will post a full report here.

I am trying to decide between this 170 N'finity (double unit, ie 2 of them) vs the Eurocave 266. The WE brand has free ship till Dec 15. Eurocave has 5yr compressor warranty, but can get 5yr total cover plan on the WE model for $195 (or $370 for 2 units).

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

check out http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/ 60 bucks for a 3year warranty on a $1000 fridge. I have heard that this site gets fantastic reviews. I have not tried them yet but will when i get my cooler.

laxdad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages laxdad
hpatelmd wrote:I am trying to decide between this 170 N'finity (double unit, ie 2 of them) vs the Eurocave 266. The WE brand has free ship till Dec 15. Eurocave has 5yr compressor warranty, but can get 5yr total cover plan on the WE model for $195 (or $370 for 2 units).

My N'finity gets delivered on Monday, I will report back after that!

PoptheCork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PoptheCork
jg167 wrote:Any reviews on the Vinotemp VT-48TEDS-2Z? Its the largest thermoelectric I have seen (48 bottles) but I can't even find a power spec for it let alone a place to go see one (any views of overall Vinotemp quality?)

My old cooler has died long ago and I'm looking to get a new one. I tried an Amana/Haier (looks like lots of brands are the same) unit claimed to be "ultra quite 47 decibels" but it was really 57 and very noisy. So I convinced BeverageFactory to take that sucker back.

PoptheCork; Did you get an answer? I've seen one review of the Vinotemp 48TEDS complaining it didn't keep temp. Maybe large format thermos are pushing the technology too far. Anyway, any intel on Vinotemp or other thermos would be appreciated.

adams828

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adams828

Any advice on coolers under $250 or so? Right now I have about 15 bottles or so. Obviously it would be good to have at least around 20-25 bottle capacity, but ideally more around 40.

However, after reading through this thread it sounds like at that price, I may not be able to get a good quality cooler with 40 capacity. I'd rather get a ~20-bottle one that will last, instead of a 40 that might not last more than a year or two.

Thanks!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
adams828 wrote:Any advice on coolers under $250 or so? Right now I have about 15 bottles or so. Obviously it would be good to have at least around 20-25 bottle capacity, but ideally more around 40.

However, after reading through this thread it sounds like at that price, I may not be able to get a good quality cooler with 40 capacity. I'd rather get a ~20-bottle one that will last, instead of a 40 that might not last more than a year or two.

Thanks!

Home Depot has free shipping on this 44 bottle cooler, which is just under $200.

Magic Chef has been good for me. I have a Dual Zone 44 from them (used to be at Home Depot, but I got it via coupon at Costco or Sam's).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

RaiderSPE

MarkDaSpark wrote:Home Depot has free shipping on this 44 bottle cooler, which is just under $200.

Magic Chef has been good for me. I have a Dual Zone 44 from them (used to be at Home Depot, but I got it via coupon at Costco or Sam's).

they also have a 30 dollar holiday rebate for this model. http://www.homedepot.com/hdus/en_US/DTCCOM/HomePage/Promotions/Rebate_Forms/Docs/2009_MC_Holiday_Rebate_Form_10_26_09.pdf?ddkey=ShowRebate

RaiderSPE

Any one looking for a new cooler. Looks like you can save a ton of money on this vino temp.

VinoTemp!!

brinkmann0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinkmann0
RaiderSPE wrote:Any one looking for a new cooler. Looks like you can save a ton of money on this vino temp.

VinoTemp!!

sweet! free shipping!

I mean, wait...

dayoff53

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dayoff53
brinkmann0 wrote:
How is the 500EC working for you? Costco? I have been contemplating taking the leap, but after some mixed reviews on costco.com, I have been holding off... complaints about build quality and shipping, as well as general non-responsiveness from Vinotemp customer support. Any trouble so far? How is it with larger pinot-style bottles? Is the 2500CD chiller really as loud as they warn? Sorry for the twenty questions!

Well, I gotta tell you, it started off pretty rough with my Vinotemp 500EC. I ordered it from Costco and it was shipped directly from the manufacturer to me. They set it in the room I told them - and, Lord!, was it big! I plugged it in and was pleased with how quiet it was. Then, I waited for the temperature to go down. I checked after an hour or so and it was actually getting warmer inside! Later still, it was warmer yet... not good.
I had my brother (a machinist and more mechanically competent than me) come over and we took the cooling unit out to look at it. Turns out 3 of the four fans in it were not working. We disassembled the cooling unit a bit more and removed the fans to look at them. Turns out they were cheaply and badly manufactured fans and the spindles just would not turn. As a consequence, no cold air was being circulated and no hot air was being exhausted. I contacted Costco and Vinotemp by e-mail with detailed explanation of the problem.... no response. After a day or two, I decided to try to fix the problem. My brother and I bought four new fans that would fit (they cost more than I expected - I recall spending near $100 total.) We installed the new fans and it seemed to work perfectly, but was much noisier than before. Turns out 4 working fans blowing air around makes more noise than 4 non-working fans...
I contacted Costco and Vinotemp again, told them what we had done and basically told them they could pay for the new fans (no labor) or they could take it back. A pleasant lady from Vinotemp called and they promptly reimbursed me for the cost of the fans.
That was 28 months ago and it has worked flawlessly ever since.
It turned out to be too noise for the room I had it in (my den) - I couldn't hear the TV when it started up. After 16 months, I disassembled it completely and moved it to the spare room upstairs (couldn't make the corner in the stairs without taking it apart. That turned out to be a fair amount of work, but pretty simple and it worked out great. Since then, I have had no complaints whatever.
The Vinotemp 500EC has a capacity of 432 bottles, plus you can stack some cases or odd sizes on top of the built in racks. I currently have about 380 750 ml. bottles and a case and a half of 375s in there, as well as miscellaneous chocolate bars. I have no trouble with the larger diameter bottles and even champagne bottles, but the tall hock bottles have to be put in neck to neck to get two bottles deep. The capacity is none to large for me and I'm glad I didn't get a smaller one.
The only real problem is that you can't see what wine is in it without pulling them out. That is why I use the Vintage Manager software to keep track of what is in there and where it is located. It's easy enough to locate the wine int he software then go right to it in the cellar. I just have to remember to remove it from inventory in the software to keep things up to date.
On the whole, I am very happy (now) with the Vinotemp 500EC for the price I paid, but that is only after I did some major work on it when it first arrived.

DayOff53
my cellar

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
RaiderSPE wrote:Any one looking for a new cooler. Looks like you can save a ton of money on this vino temp.

VinoTemp!!

That's not a walk-in cooler, that's a refrigerated condo !

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

brinkmann0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brinkmann0
dayoff53 wrote:On the whole, I am very happy (now) with the Vinotemp 500EC for the price I paid, but that is only after I did some major work on it when it first arrived.

Awesome - many thanks. I noticed that Costco's current deal is a little better than usual, so maybe now is the time. I don't really mind a little work on anything I can fix (i.e., electrical or mechanical) - especially given the time I spend keeping my current POS cooler running.

thanks again for the review!

dayoff53

brinkmann0 wrote:I noticed that Costco's current deal is a little better than usual, so maybe now is the time.

Yeah, I think Costco's current price is $200 or $300 less than I paid 28 months ago, and I though it was a steal then compared to the price at Home Depot (or was it Lowe's?) who had it for about $3300 with the cheaper cooling unit.

DayOff53
my cellar

gijose

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gijose

So, I got a free wine cooler off of Craigslist (free because it's not very functional)

Anyways, is it bad for my red wine to store them at 42 degrees? The bottom zone is stuck at 42-44 degrees, while the top zone is more normal at around 50-55. Am I harming my reds by keeping them so cold? The only other alternative is to keep them in my room at about 73-75...

NYC!

dayoff53

gijose wrote:The bottom zone is stuck at 42-44 degrees, while the top zone is more normal at around 50-55.

Sounds like you have a 2-zone cooler, where the top zone is for red (about 55 degrees is optimal) and the bottom zone is for whites (colder temperatures are better.
I'm not the expert on whether colder temps will hurt the reds, but my guess is that it won't hurt them so much as it will balderee the aging process significantly and you will not get the benefits that time can impart to a wine that is structured for aging. So long as the temperature is constant, there is proper humidity, and vibration is minimalized, I don't think you will do harm. Just let the wines come up to 65 degrees or so before serving.

DayOff53
my cellar

user11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages user11

Reds are recommended to be stored from 54 degrees for beaujolais to 64 degrees for shiraz and beaujolais. Let it warm up if it is too cold.

http://www.winecoolersguide.com/wine-coolers-guide/resource-center/what-are-the-best-temperatures-for-shorter-term-wine-storage-and-for-serving-wines.aspx

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

anybody have thoughts on this vinotemp?

at $1000 ask price for 480 bottles, it would seem to be a steal. My main concern would be how to move it...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
joelsisk wrote:anybody have thoughts on this vinotemp?

at $1000 ask price for 480 bottles, it would seem to be a steal. My main concern would be how to move it...

That's a pretty decent price. At around $800, it be screaming.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

smartheart

joelsisk wrote:anybody have thoughts on this vinotemp?

Check the noise level on it.

It LOOKS like one of two models I almost bought from Costco. I had called Vinotemp for assorted detailed information on the model I was considering and the sales/p.r. staff there gave me cheery and encouraging answers to all my questions. Later that day, I thought of another question and called back and the management people were all gone and the secretary I spoke with warned me that in-house it was referred to as a "garage" model because of the high volume of noise it made.

I'm not sure this is the same model but I think it might be--looks like it anyway. But of course that doesn't mean it is.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

joeheg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeheg

I'm looking for a wine cooler to store approx 50 bottles. I'm going to mainly be storing reds. Max storage time would probably be 3-5 years so I'm not looking for long term aging. The cooler will be kept in our back room next to our freezer so I'm not too worried about noise, it's the furthest place from living/sleeping areas.

I've read here and checked online and it's only made me more confused about which one to buy. I'd be able to get a GE Profile PCR06WATSS for $928 including tax and shipping with a corporate discount. That would be $200 cheaper than the best price online.

Problem is I don't want to be overpaying since I can find other coolers online from $900 for the Vinotemp, $718 for an Avanti and down to $378 for the Magic Chef from Home Depot.

I do want something that will work out of the box, not require me to replace fans/compressors, not sound like an aircraft engine or break on me in 2 years.

So my question is "Am I getting my money's worth by getting the GE or am I overpaying for the brand name?"

Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

RaiderSPE

Anyone in the NOVA area looking for a biggie there is one on the list that Craig has.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/app/1532891374.html

bkarney

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bkarney
joeheg wrote:I'm looking for a wine cooler to store approx 50 bottles. I'm going to mainly be storing reds. Max storage time would probably be 3-5 years so I'm not looking for long term aging. The cooler will be kept in our back room next to our freezer so I'm not too worried about noise, it's the furthest place from living/sleeping areas.

I've read here and checked online and it's only made me more confused about which one to buy. I'd be able to get a GE Profile PCR06WATSS for $928 including tax and shipping with a corporate discount. That would be $200 cheaper than the best price online.

Problem is I don't want to be overpaying since I can find other coolers online from $900 for the Vinotemp, $718 for an Avanti and down to $378 for the Magic Chef from Home Depot.

I do want something that will work out of the box, not require me to replace fans/compressors, not sound like an aircraft engine or break on me in 2 years.

So my question is "Am I getting my money's worth by getting the GE or am I overpaying for the brand name?"

Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

IMHO, yes you are overpaying (full disclosure: I am one cheap mo-fo). The per bottle cost is waaay too high to be worth it. I guess the first issue is the bottle count (regardless of price). Read through this thread and you will see a ton of people (myself included) that have purchased coolers, only to realize that they grossly underestimated their purchasing potential. Not sure if you are willing to buy a used cooler, but for that amount of $$, you could probably land a EuroCave (or similar) with a year or two on it.

Edit: Do you want a built-in Unit or freestanding?

CT

laxdad

OK, cooler review time.

The short version:

I bought the N'finity 170-bottle two-zone cooler exclusive to Wine Enthusiast. Price at the time was $1799 delivered ("white glove"). Price is now $1899 delivered.

First unit did not work, a second one was sent. Second one works great, see notes below.

The longer version:

I ordered the above cooler on 10/12/09, it was shipped on 11/20/09. A few days shipping, Thanksgiving, a little over a day before plug-in and by 12/02/09 it was determined the first unit had to be returned and another was ordered.

This first unit could not hold temperature – and I mean with swings of 15 degrees north and south over several days. Obviously something was wrong, and I never stored wine in it (until after it was unplugged), so no real harm done.

So after several days I unplugged the unit, and knowing any new unit would take awhile to arrive, I stored some wine in it (door open). It was at this point that some of the "sales claims" became suspect. While there is a "tad" more space between shelves than similar coolers, there is not enough room to comfortably store PN bottles. At best they have to be arranged so that no label area faces the shelf above, since they scrape the shelf above when coming and going. I have several PN bottles that will not fit in the "normal" shelf-to-shelf space in this unit. There is one shelf below the temp gauges that has plenty of room, and I also removed two shelves and stored bottles on bottles. Also, any semi-tall bottle (any girth) has trouble playing well with others of similar ilk on a given shelf.

The only bottles that fit cleanly, smoothly and per the literature are cabs. Most zin bottles, while not wide, are tall, so they have issues as well.

The end result is that jam-packed I can fit around 140 bottles in this unit (approximately one-third of my inventory is PN). That leaves about 40 bottles to fit in the "52-bottle" Magic Chef (about $160 DELIVERED from Home Depot just before Christmas, wish I had gotten at least two of these) and then another 200 or so bottles in the Adams storage racks. Ambient temp in my finished basement is 64 to 74 depending on time of year.

Back to the unit itself. Just before Thanksgiving I emailed WE customer service (which promises 48 hr email response turnaround). I did not expect customer service to respond promptly with the looming holiday.

Having heard nothing via email, on 12/2/09 I called WE customer service. They were quite good to deal with, and we quickly determined I needed a replacement unit. Customer service placed the order for me and mentioned there was a backlog for new units, and that I needed to return the old unit in the packaging (which of course was long gone).

My new unit shipped 12/28/09. I made sure the shipping company knew they had to save the packing materials and ship back the old unit.

I let the new unit sit and leveled it within a hair, hoping nothing would go wrong with this unit. After a little more than a day, I plugged it in and crossed my fingers.

The temps started falling to the desired point within an hour or so. Initial fluctuation of about 3 degrees here or there. After about 4-5 days the temps settled down and now only fluctuate a degree or two here and there. So I am happy with the cooling unit. This is in a finished basement so I have no concern over noise, but on the whole this unit is extremely quiet.

So, I now have my 140 or so bottles in this unit and things are going just fine. I would recommend the unit and WE to a friend, yes. Considering the possibilities, things went marvelous with the shipping/delivery companies. I will consider getting a "double-wide" unit to add to this one if and when they go on super-sale.

Any other questions, fire away.

joeheg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeheg
laxdad wrote:The end result is that jam-packed I can fit around 140 bottles in this unit (approximately one-third of my inventory is PN). That leaves about 40 bottles to fit in the "52-bottle" Magic Chef (about $160 DELIVERED from Home Depot just before Christmas, wish I had gotten at least two of these) and then another 200 or so bottles in the Adams storage racks. Ambient temp in my finished basement is 64 to 74 depending on time of year..

What is your opinion on the Magic Chef from HD? It's the size I'm looking for for my first cooler but I was a bit worried since on the website it has good and bad reviews and also I tend not to trust anything that is almost 1/2 the price of the next one. Also, how does it fit PN bottles as this is most of what we will be getting. If I can only fit 30 bottles in a 50 bottle unit, I might have to start looking for a larger one to start.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
laxdad wrote:
Any other questions, fire away.

How about heading to Buffalo for a tasting on the 16th?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

laxdad

joeheg wrote:What is your opinion on the Magic Chef from HD?

It's been quiet and seems to hold temp OK. Maybe half of it I have PN bottles. In some slots there is no way a PN bottle will fit.

I pretty much take 75% of the rated capacity as the true number for all coolers.

If you don't mind shuffling as you go, taking out shelves and just stacking the bottles helps capacity.

laxdad

ddeuddeg wrote:How about heading to Buffalo for a tasting on the 16th?

Great question from the back row. I will be in Baltimore at the lax national convention then. However, one of these days I will make it your way, promise!

smartheart

Bump....anything new re: 150-300 bottle coolers?

--D. Parker

edwinguz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edwinguz

I bought the VINOVIEW 20BTL SILENT WINE REFRIGERATOR frome Wine Enthusiast about 18 months ago. Everything was fine, it gave good temp control and I could store larger PN type bottles no problem. I could store open bottles standing up which was great. I was quite happy with it.

Today it died on me. The warranty was only a year. So now I think the VINOVIEW 20BTL SILENT WINE REFRIGERATOR gets lemon juice in the eye. Anyone mechanically inclined around the Greensboro, NC area, who wants it can have it. Let me know. I'll probably be tossing it in a couple of days.

What I want is something that will last. Right now I'm looking at something a little bigger, Haier HVCE24CBH Built-In or Freestanding 50-Bottle Wine Cellar with LED Display on Amazon for 528.34. Seems like a good deal, but will it last.

gijose

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gijose
edwinguz wrote:I bought the VINOVIEW 20BTL SILENT WINE REFRIGERATOR frome Wine Enthusiast about 18 months ago. Everything was fine, it gave good temp control and I could store larger PN type bottles no problem. I could store open bottles standing up which was great. I was quite happy with it.

Today it died on me. The warranty was only a year. So now I think the VINOVIEW 20BTL SILENT WINE REFRIGERATOR gets lemon juice in the eye. Anyone mechanically inclined around the Greensboro, NC area, who wants it can have it. Let me know. I'll probably be tossing it in a couple of days.

What I want is something that will last. Right now I'm looking at something a little bigger, Haier HVCE24CBH Built-In or Freestanding 50-Bottle Wine Cellar with LED Display on Amazon for 528.34. Seems like a good deal, but will it last.

Yeah, most of the smaller and cheaper models are designed to fail within 2 years. Bummer There was a tutorial on how to fix in on these forums by Afranke if that helps. Good luck!

NYC!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
gijose wrote:Yeah, most of the smaller and cheaper models are designed to fail within 2 years. Bummer There was a tutorial on how to fix in on these forums by Afranke if that helps. Good luck!

Here's the tutorial.

My 36 bottle dual zone cooler just quit after 3 years. An authorized agent was local, so it was $100+ to get it fixed (we paid $270 originally), which for now is better than purchasing a new one. With our inside temps soon averaging 80*, I need a cooler to keep the everyday wine at proper temps.

I, too would like to find, (and am willing to pay a reasonable price) a 50+ bottle cooler that won't die in 2 yrs.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Also posted in the Cyber Pub. This was after the second KoolSpace Chiller units failed.

Just finished the rebuild of my wine cellar. We had the walls pulled down to put up a vapor barrier, which I skipped initially, and fit in a new cooling unit.

Here are the photos.

I hope it was worth it.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

I noticed a 34-bottle Vinotemp at the local Costco today. Here's a link to it on the Vinotemp site: VT-34TS. It was $189, which isn't bad considering you get the Costco satisfaction guarantee. I didn't look closely, but I think the wider bottles (e.g., syrah) might be a tight fit. Costco.com did not have this model, though they had 10 other Vinotemps for $500 & up.

jlnash819

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlnash819

Does anyone know where I can find someone in the DC area ito service my Nordicorp Whisper Cool 3000? I bought this to cool my wine room and it is broken.

jlnash819

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlnash819

Does anyone know where I can find someone in the DC area ito service my Nordicorp Whisper Cool 3000? I bought this to cool my wine room and it is broken.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
jlnash819 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find someone in the DC area to service my Nordicorp Whisper Cool 3000? I bought this to cool my wine room and it is broken.

Have you tried their 800 number?

NEED HELP? CALL 1-800-876-8789

Not sure if anyone else on the boards in DC has a wine room.

And we want pictures!!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

blairms

quality posts: 6 Private Messages blairms

I recently received this one from Costco:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11536365&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|103|78525&N=4041839&Mo=10&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=78525&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

It looks nice, and it holds a decent amount of wine for the price, but the downsides are that you have to stuff the bottles in there, so it isn't easy to see what you have. You'll have to keep good records elsewhere since pulling bottles out is something of a pain.

I've managed to fill the whole thing up, and I still have a bit of overflow. Does anyone have any idea how long you can store bottles at room temperature (in a dark cabinet) without causing major damage to the wine?

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

In the Denver area? Need a full size wine fridge?

Since the new house has a (supposedly) 1000 bottle wine room, we will no longer need our Franklin Chef (FWC120 owner's manual). Stated capacity is 120, but I've had 135 in it stacking on the top shelf. It has wire shelves, digital therm control, lock, and is front venting. Oh yeah, and a wine.woot decal.

I bought it < 3 years ago for about $1000 (850+shipping). A new one can currently be had online for ~$800-1000+ +shipping. I'm willing to let it go for $650. It's going to go on Craigslist in another couple weeks, since we don't move in until mid August.

PM me if interested. Thanks! Joel

smartheart

Frustrated with the junk I am uncovering in the "all the usual suspects" consumer wine coolers, I'm going to start trying to educate myself about COMMERCIAL UNITS IN THE 150-350 BOTTLE RANGE when I can find the time.

Anyone have any suggestions about such commercial coolers in general? Or where to start educating myself about units *not* designed for consumers which I am hoping will be more dependable?

--D. Parker

smartheart

New costco.com online booklet came today (the slim paperback book one size one for online only not the larger-dimension envelope style one that has deals for both in-store and online)....

In any event...."Vinotemps up to $400 off."

Caveat emptor.

One Vinotemp employee told me a couple years ago on the phone that a large model I was considering was "noisy as hell and the only place it belongs is in a garage." (paraphrasing here) It seems to be included among the current costco offerings.

Another Vinotemp employee told me on the phone that many (what does "many" mean?) of their products arrive DOA or fail relatively quickly.

No Vinotemps for me!

But perhaps some of you are braver than I am so I am passing on the discount notification. You should also note that S & H is included on the Costco offers so that's a pretty good deal given these are heavy items. (On the other hand, the Costco customers who purchased don't seem to be handing out stars galore in their reviews of their VT purchases.)

--D. Parker