WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet (6)

Speed to First Woot:
0m 51.772s
First Sucker:
BarryHill
Last Wooter to Woot:
Pulpio
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 10% of Wine Woots
Top 23% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 26% of Wine Woots
Top 25% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 2% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 11% < 10 woots
  • 24% < 25 woots
  • 62% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 1% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 7% one year old
  • 90% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 81% bought 1
  • 15% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
56%
38%
7%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare


quality posts: 1550 Private Messages Cesare

Copa Del Rey Chilean 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$49.99 $̶9̶1̶.̶8̶5̶ 46% off List Price
2009 Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon

Previous offer:
10/15/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rugrats2001


quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

hmm... Copa del Rey.

Must be break time.

rjquillin


quality posts: 166 Private Messages rjquillin

OK Fred, how good is this, really?

CT

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Hey wine.woot gods, please put up some Vella Mezzo Secco before the day ends. Please? Mine's all gone.

cortot20


quality posts: 128 Private Messages cortot20

The old woot-off standby.

CT

matterhornfan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages matterhornfan
moondigger wrote:Hey wine.woot gods, please put up some Vella Mezzo Secco before the day ends. Please? Mine's all gone.

I agree! Or the dry jack--I go back and forth on which I like better.

BarryHill


quality posts: 1 Private Messages BarryHill

My wife loves this wine. My third time ordering (or is it four?). Tastes great & great price!

need4mospd


quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd

I don't get overly excited opening a bottle of Copa, yet I continue to purchase these by the case. At the price, it's just a good everyday drinker.

bunnyh64


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyh64

we are always in for the Copa -- sure, I know many posters are not. But hey, that's what keeps us Wooting new things too. six orders since this Woot Off started ... Woaaaa.

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

A good $8.00 Cab. With that said, it is an $8 Cab, so expectations should be at that level. I have bought and enjoyed, but would not bring out for company. But if the kids are in bed and I want a cab, I have no problem drinking.

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
rjquillin wrote:OK Fred, how good is this, really?



One of many links:
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5381803
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5245300
http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5322398
... and a few more ...
To summarize: too much vanilla for his palate, has outgrown this.
One quote:

pass, I have outgrown this wine, I just don't like it. The last couple of bottles I had to mix with another red to make my own blend so I could finish it. This is one Cab I'll pass on every time.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rjquillin wrote:OK Fred, how good is this, really?


heh, heh, heh,.........pass

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fredrinaldi
andreaserben wrote:


Oh My I have a stalker

need4mospd


quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd
BarryHill wrote:My wife loves this wine. My third time ordering (or is it four?). Tastes great & great price!



Counting today, I'm at 5.5 cases ordered. Keep em comin woot.

InFrom


quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
emmabean2000 wrote:...I have no problem drinking.

Yeah, yeah, sure, that's what they all say!

In for the max -- my friends love this stuff.

andreaserben


quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
fredrinaldi wrote:Oh My I have a stalker



It is "fredrinaldiweek"

jatha


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jatha

Fantastic every day wine! Fourth time I have purchased.

I agree with the poster who suggested managing your expectations for this wine. Although I would probably rate it more in the $12-$15 range making it a nice enough deal.

Obviously, I greatly enjoy the finer wines, but the budget can't handle them for every day. So this is a staple of my many go tos.

Great aroma, nice mouthfeel. Perfect wine for the typical weeknight dinners.

Wife loves it too!

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7

Bad cab. : (

Nate650


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

Dang, I was encouraged by the sustainability philosophy of the company as I like to support such companies, but it doesn't seem like this wine is great.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 194 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Nate650 wrote:Dang, I was encouraged by the sustainability philosophy of the company as I like to support such companies, but it doesn't seem like this wine is great.



probably the best woot off selling wine in history.

mrn1


quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
fredrinaldi wrote:Oh My I have a stalker



Fred....with your own Woot Plus and the accompanying Woot God Status you might have lots of stalkers!!! Ah, the price of celebrity!!!

As to the wine....w/ the comments in the past from many Woot tasters I have grown to trust...pass.

That doesn't mean I will pass on anything the Hahn's put in a bottle, have had many great Hahn Family wines!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fredrinaldi

hey woot gods, how bout some wine glasses, since I remodeled and put all hardwood floors in, I have brokena a lot of wine glasses, good news is I dont have to work at getting red wine stains out of the carpet anymore. (BTW hydrogen peroxide works great)

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
Winedavid39 wrote:probably the best woot off selling wine in history.



Is it also the cheapest? It really is bad cab for the price. So sad, I like cheap drinkable cabs; this is not one.

entraine


quality posts: 2 Private Messages entraine

$5 cheaper than it was last time. What the heck. In for a couple.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus
Nate650 wrote:Dang, I was encouraged by the sustainability philosophy of the company as I like to support such companies, but it doesn't seem like this wine is great.



Of course it's not great; it's $8/btl!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:I dont have to work at getting red wine stains out of the carpet anymore. (BTW hydrogen peroxide works great)


Hydrogen peroxide works well for blood stains too, especially if you get them before the blood dries.

Looking back, that previous sentence seems kind of creepy out of context. I know this because I have a child who gets frequent bloody noses in dry weather.

bunnyh64


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyh64
sandig7 wrote:Is it also the cheapest? It really is bad cab for the price. So sad, I like cheap drinkable cabs; this is not one.



Can't agree since we do think this is a decent inexpensive "every day" cab. Also a decent second or third bottle of wine after better ones have been opened and emptied.

For the price, if some Wooters have not tried it -- grab on for 6. Like someone said, if needed, use it for a home blend, or even homemade sangria and it wont go to waste.

Nate650


quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

Screw it, in for one. I was initially gonna go for it because I thought I had already made a purchase today so I'd get free shipping, but apparently my previous order was yesterday. For some reason though I ended up going for it even with added shipping and tax.

By the way, has Woot started charging tax for CA customers due to the new Amazon law?

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 32 Private Messages fredrinaldi
sandig7 wrote:Is it also the cheapest? It really is bad cab for the price. So sad, I like cheap drinkable cabs; this is not one.



Tried Dynamite or Paul Newman's Cabs? Both 7 to 8 bucks (Ralphs/Krogers buy 6 get additional 30% off price)not bad at all.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 228 Private Messages kylemittskus
Nate650 wrote:Screw it, in for one. I was initially gonna go for it because I thought I had already made a purchase today so I'd get free shipping, but apparently my previous order was yesterday. For some reason though I ended up going for it even with added shipping and tax.

By the way, has Woot started charging tax for CA customers due to the new Amazon law?



Tax for everyone now which is why this is $5 cheaper than last time.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
bunnyh64 wrote:Can't agree since we do think this is a decent inexpensive "every day" cab. Also a decent second or third bottle of wine after better ones have been opened and emptied.

For the price, if some Wooters have not tried it -- grab on for 6. Like someone said, if needed, use it for a home blend, or even homemade sangria and it wont go to waste.



We drink a lot of $5 - $8 Australian cabs and that's where my perspective comes from. Disclosure: my husband is an Aussie and i'm an Australian citizen, now. We may be biased but Australians do make good, cheap cabs.

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
kylemittskus wrote:Tax for everyone now which is why this is $5 cheaper than last time.



Good to know. Thank you.

losthighwayz


quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

Not to beat a dead horse BUT this same offer was $49.99 back in Ocotber-before tax came into play. It is $49.99 today so the explanation that tax was included before should mke this offer around $44.99. I am not a math expert but it does NOT add up.

"The older I get the better I was"

sdwindansea


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdwindansea
sandig7 wrote:We drink a lot of $5 - $8 Australian cabs and that's where my perspective comes from. Disclosure: my husband is an Aussie and i'm an Australian citizen, now. We may be biased but Australians do make good, cheap cabs.



I agree with you that Australia produces a lot of good value wines. However, I think the same can be said of Argentina and Chile. Regardless, obviously taste in wine is a subjective one, so what one person considers good another may not like. Neither is right/wrong.

rmm989


quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989

IMO it's bad even for $8 a bottle, but I get to proudly be one of the first with that opinion. I got crucified the first time I said that in a wootoff.

I'm going to quietly dream for the il campo blend for a cheap wine stock-up.

CT

Raid


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raid

For the money this is a GREAT wine for everyday drinking. Anyone that says it's a bad wine, must have had a bad bottle or their palate is so refined that nothing less than a $50 bottle will satisfy. There is absolutely nothing to not like about this cab.

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
sdwindansea wrote:I agree with you that Australia produces a lot of good value wines. However, I think the same can be said of Argentina and Chile. Regardless, obviously taste in wine is a subjective one, so what one person considers good another may not like. Neither is right/wrong.



I agree. We enjoy both but they're not on sale as much as the Australian wines.

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
Raid wrote:For the money this is a GREAT wine for everyday drinking. Anyone that says it's a bad wine, must have had a bad bottle or their palate is so refined that nothing less than a $50 bottle will satisfy. There is absolutely nothing to not like about this cab.



I had 18 bad bottles. It's drinkable but not worth $8/bottle. I have never had a $50 bottle of wine but have given a few away as presents. We spend between $5 -15/bottle with the average about $10. We also drink box wines so perhaps it's my palate! ; )

jazztime


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazztime
Nate650 wrote:Screw it, in for one. I was initially gonna go for it because I thought I had already made a purchase today so I'd get free shipping, but apparently my previous order was yesterday. For some reason though I ended up going for it even with added shipping and tax.

By the way, has Woot started charging tax for CA customers due to the new Amazon law?



They also charge tax in WA.