MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
merbill wrote:Hey Klez, if you make it tomorrow, don't forget my Laurelwood Pinot.

And Sparky, the TO's from Cheron too.

Thanks all, for wootlegging and enabling!

They are already there, waiting for you. I think. Or did I drink those?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Today is the Wine Century Club's 7th birthday. We need to bust out an obscure varietal or 2 at the gathering today to celebrate.

"Today's the big day!

To mark our lucky seventh anniversary, we’re going back to basics. We’re once again going to see how many grape varieties that we can collectively taste on one day. Hopefully we can beat our formidable record of 314 grape varieties collectively tasted.

Wherever you may be, please raise a glass today of the most obscure wine that you can get your hands on.

Veni, Vino, Vici!

Steve"

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege

Have a wonderful time! And don't forget to bring a sweater! Brrr!

MarkDaSpark

Tim and I will be on our way in a few ... he needs to get a thicker shirt.

However, we will be in the kitchen area, so no sweaters needed unless you fall asleep in my locker!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Woot Monkeys came to play.

The two whites ... Passarina (new Varietal for Century Club) & Tri 2

Madison Cellars 2004 Syrah, Ty Caton 2009 Upper Bench Merlot, & CyberPub Blend 2010 & 2011

Except we didn't get to Ty's wine. But I did open a Croft Porto Pink. No Gummi Bear taste on that one.

Also not opened was a Mumm Sparkling, Fulton Sweet Petite, and a Vinito del Finito LH Zin. Not enough people or time.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Sorry to miss out on the fun - between not having a car, nobody else coming from my direction, the 2-3 hours total on transit, and the list of things I have to do this weekend I couldn't justify it in the end. I'll have to anxiously await the next gathering!

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

We're sorry we couldn't make it this time too. We were at LAWinefest most of the day. Loads of wine but not much exciting. Although we did add a few new varietals to our attempt to reach Century Club status. Very close now.

MarkDaSpark

We're thinking of having another gathering in July, just before the RPM tour. Especially because D-Dog and bahwm will be in the area!!!

It may be in Lakewood area at zTimBz's palatial estate or at our wine lockers. No decision yet. But probably in Lakewood.