MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Edit: Updated 6/04/2012

Time for another Orgy ... err, Wine.Woot gathering at our (zTimBz & my) Irvine Wine Lockers!

(closest to my lockers)

So, it seems that Saturday, June 9th may be open for peeples? It's located in Irvine off Jamboree, closer to the 405, but accessible off the 5.

If Kool can make it, Sparky will open all his Woot Cellar wines (from Rinfrescante (from Kool, thus he needs to be there) on) ... or I open other wines of mine.

---------------------------------------------

Date: June 9th, Saturday ??
Time: 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm (Dinner afterwards elsewhere)
Host: Sparky at his Irvine Wine Cellar
17141 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA 92614

Theme: Raid!! (Bring $20 and appetizer for 10) ????

Attending:

1. MarkDaSpark
  2. klezman
  3. rjquillin
  4. Merbill
  5. Merbill's +1
  6. zTimothyBz

Maybes:

• sanity
  • tenuki
  • loonboarder
  • loonboarder's +1

Regrets:

• Itwdswafo
  • cortot20
  • time2testit (+1)
  • sukeiasa
  • chemvictim (from Reno!)
  • Java +1
  • Whoever misses this

Bring $20 as share of wine (will confirm amount when wine selected, may be less).

Also everyone should bring an appetizer for 10.

Plus we just need to clean up afterwards (leave the room as we found it) to avoid a $50 cleaning fee.

Dinner: TBD
Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm ???

• 1. MarkDaSpark

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman

I should be in town that weekend, and therefore will do my best to make it!

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

That weekend is the big LA Winefest and we already have our tickets purchased for Saturday (it's a 2 day event), so regrettably we won't be joining you this time.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

I would like to join you. Put me down as a maybe, please.

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

I'll think about coming down. Is there a chance I'll get shot at by madwine?

CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Wish I could be there! My locker is right around the corner from that picture too.... I'll be back in town in July.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Ooooooh I wish I could come! Looks like about a 9 hour drive from my new home...one week after my Great Migration from VA to NV. I won't be up to another long drive yet, must procure a very long straw.

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

MarkDaSpark wrote:Edit: Updated 5/13/2012

Time for another Orgy ... err, Wine.Woot gathering at our (zTimBz & my) Irvine Wine Lockers!

(closest to my lockers)

So, it seems that Saturday, June 9th may be open for peeples? It's located in Irvine off Jamboree, closer to the 405, but accessible off the 5.

If Kool can make it, Sparky will open all his Woot Cellar wines (from Rinfrescante (from Kool, thus he needs to be there) on) ... or I open other wines of mine.

---------------------------------------------

Date: June 9th, Saturday ??
Time: 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm (Dinner afterwards elsewhere)
Host: Sparky at his Irvine Wine Cellar
17141 Murphy Ave, Irvine, CA 92614

Theme: Raid!! (Bring $20 and appetizer for 10) ????

Attending:

• 1. MarkDaSpark
  • 2. Java +1
  • 3. Merbill +1

Maybes:

Regrets:

• Whoever misses this

Bring $20 as share of wine (will confirm amount when wine selected, may be less).

Also everyone should bring an appetizer for 10.

Plus we just need to clean up afterwards (leave the room as we found it) to avoid a $50 cleaning fee.

Dinner: TBD
Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm ???

• 1. MarkDaSpark

Dang,you know I'd love to be there, if I only had magical teleporter from WY to CA. Work on that, would you?

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

MarkDaSpark

time2testit wrote:That weekend is the big LA Winefest and we already have our tickets purchased for Saturday (it's a 2 day event), so regrettably we won't be joining you this time.

See if you can exchange them for Sunday!! I might be able to make it later then (have to take Mom to see Dad around lunch time).

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:I'll think about coming down. Is there a chance I'll get shot at by madwine?

I doubt it, but there's always a chance!!!

Itwdswafo wrote:Wish I could be there! My locker is right around the corner from that picture too.... I'll be back in town in July.

We'll probably have one then too ... it's not like I don't have a plethora of wine!!

NonnaWY wrote:Dang,you know I'd love to be there, if I only had magical teleporter from WY to CA. Work on that, would you?

Will do!

klezman

chemvictim wrote:Ooooooh I wish I could come! Looks like about a 9 hour drive from my new home...one week after my Great Migration from VA to NV. I won't be up to another long drive yet, must procure a very long straw.

You're moving to Reno?

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

would love to attend, since i also need to organize my locker... but i will be in cali the weekend before, and can't swing 3 west coast weekends in a row :P

have fun!!

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
klezman wrote:You're moving to Reno?

Yep, at the end of the month. Looking forward to meeting some wooters out that way!

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
MarkDaSpark wrote:See if you can exchange them for Sunday!! I might be able to make it later then (have to take Mom to see Dad around lunch time).

I thought about that, but I bought them through one of those discount deal sites so I can't swap them, and we convinced a few friends to go on Saturday so if we changed to Sunday it would be a problem. I'm not sure what time it ends, but I'm also not sure about driving down to Irvine after a fully day of tasting. I'll keep checking to see what day and time you end up at and will let you know if we can make it. And yes, disappointed if we do miss out.

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin

OK, I just may try to drive up from San Diego.
What do I need to know and/or bring?
I'm looking at this as a learning experience and possible prelude to seeing if there may be interest in a "Real Southern California" gathering, one closer to the border, not in LA.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 110 Private Messages cortot20

Sorry bud I'm out of town that weekend.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:OK, I just may try to drive up from San Diego.
What do I need to know and/or bring?
I'm looking at this as a learning experience and possible prelude to seeing if there may be interest in a "Real Southern California" gathering, one closer to the border, not in LA.

I'll usually update the first post, but when it's at our wine lockers, lately it's been because we need to drink down our wines there. So we don't need people to bring wine.

So normally you bring $20 and something to eat (for around 10 to 15 people). Last time I also brought a giant sandwich from Jersey Mike's.

And this may change to later in June, since it seems like those that said they could make it on the 9th are few.

How does the 23rd or 30th sound?

klezman

I won't be around the 23rd, but should be around the 30th. If this moves, I'll just invite you the the BBQ I'm thinking of having the weekend of the 9th.

merbill

quality posts: 28 Private Messages merbill

The 9th is good with us. The 23rd or 30th are impossible - we'll be out of town.

Wine Wooters Part Deaux FFL Champion and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tour #2 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

MarkDaSpark

merbill wrote:The 9th is good with us. The 23rd or 30th are impossible - we'll be out of town.

I thought it was good for you two, but hadn't heard anything.

I also have your TO from Cat.

LoonBoarder

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LoonBoarder

There goes the neighborhood... who has two thumbs and just moved to Temecula?
Keeping the LoonBoarder handle but probably more like BigBearBoarder in reality. I've been lurking/absent from the boards due to just too much workload. Now that we've settled in it may be time to start to [re-]connect with the Woot Wineaux. Once you settle on a date I can let you know if DW and I would be able to attend!

Dude... wait, what?

MarkDaSpark

LoonBoarder wrote:There goes the neighborhood... who has two thumbs and just moved to Temecula?
Keeping the LoonBoarder handle but probably more like BigBearBoarder in reality. I've been lurking/absent from the boards due to just too much workload. Now that we've settled in it may be time to start to [re-]connect with the Woot Wineaux. Once you settle on a date I can let you know if DW and I would be able to attend!

Welcome back! Just in time for the new re-design. With about the same uproar as the last re-design. You'd think they would have learned!

Anywho, if we have enough wooters (10 or so) we'll do it on the 9th. And probably next month as well. It's not like I don't have enough wine!

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

I'm a no go as my best man is getting me out of town for a Sideways type of getaway before my wedding...hopefully without the cheating and car crashing. Ok, definitely w/o the two.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

I think I can do the 9th - in fact that may be the only weekend for me in June.

Also we have to gear up for hte most awesome of tastings in August - I think I'll call it the "RPM Memorial Tasting" since he won't come to So Cal, and that means the terrorists win (or in RPM's case, the liberals win).

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

merryberry

quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry
javadrinker wrote:I'm a no go as my best man is getting me out of town for a Sideways type of getaway before my wedding...hopefully without the cheating and car crashing. Ok, definitely w/o the two.

Make sure you film the trip. And avoid Frass Canyon if you can.

My Cellar in CT

MarkDaSpark

Okay, let's plan on the 9th (this Saturday), unless we have more people drop out.

And since it's so few (and no word from kool), it won't be a Woot Cellars theme.

Oh, I will have 2 cases of Madison Cellars Syrah if anyone wants any. Will open one for the gathering.

klezman

Ok, since I am carless for the next few weeks until I purchase a new one, is anybody swinging by the Culver City area en route? I'm about 5 minutes off the 405/Venice exit and would love to hitch a ride. Otherwise I'll probably have to bail

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I'm back in town 7/7 *hint*hint*nudge*nudge*

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:Ok, since I am carless for the next few weeks until I purchase a new one, is anybody swinging by the Culver City area en route? I'm about 5 minutes off the 405/Venice exit and would love to hitch a ride. Otherwise I'll probably have to bail

Your insurance company doesn't provide a rental car? I had one from mine until just before I got my new car last year.

Are there any of the Metro rail lines close by? I can always pick you up from a Blue Line station before heading down.

klezman

MarkDaSpark wrote:Your insurance company doesn't provide a rental car? I had one from mine until just before I got my new car last year.

Are there any of the Metro rail lines close by? I can always pick you up from a Blue Line station before heading down.

Given that I just got an offer for the settlement I don't think I will have rental coverage by the weekend. I should check that out though. Getting to a blue line station is probably not out of the question since I'm close enough to the Expo line.

But if anybody is coming from the westside, let me know!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Not making it down, friend from out of town is around this weekend.

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:Not making it down, friend from out of town is around this weekend.

rjquillin

Sparky...

Wondering what others do that may have some distance to travel to attend, and, for whatever reason, may not look forward to a 120~150 minute drive back home the same evening/night?

CT

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
rjquillin wrote:Sparky...

Wondering what others do that may have some distance to travel to attend, and, for whatever reason, may not look forward to a 120~150 minute drive back home the same evening/night?

I thought he said we could all bunk at his place?!

Sparky, I have a memorial to attend, so I'm out.

rjquillin

sanity wrote:I thought he said we could all bunk at his place?! .

Guess I missed that in the thread.
Think I'm still good then, hope there is still enough interest from others.

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Sparky...

Hasn't really come up before. But we usually have finished dinner by 8 or 8:30pm (we have to clean up our Wine Tasting and be out usually by 6:30 pm).

But there are plenty of hotels close by, since John Wayne Airport is the next exit up the freeway. And South Coast Plaza is close as well.

And since it sounds like it's the only weekend Tim can make it this month, it just means we won't open as many wines, but maybe some more quality ones!

MarkDaSpark

sanity wrote:I thought he said we could all bunk at his place?!

Sparky, I have a last memorial to attend, so I'm out.

Double

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Guess I missed that in the thread.
Think I'm still good then, hope there is still enough interest from others.

We're still on. Should be able to open some of the CyberPub Blends for us to try, as well as some nicer ones.

Klez, did you find a ride or should I pick you up at the local Blue Line?

merbill

quality posts: 28 Private Messages merbill

Hey Klez, if you make it tomorrow, don't forget my Laurelwood Pinot.

And Sparky, the TO's from Cheron too.

Thanks all, for wootlegging and enabling!

Wine Wooters Part Deaux FFL Champion and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tour #2 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin

Sparky, PM for ya.
And wondering how close you are to the Irvine Amtrak station you are.

CT