mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

WD,
Out of curiosity, why isn't summer shipping more expensive this year?

Personally I'd like to have that option for months longer than now offered because summer weather in NYC is now March through November.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mschauber wrote:WD,

Personally I'd like to have that option for months longer than now offered because summer weather in NYC is now March through November.

It wasn't directly stated, but basically alluded to, that the summer shipping is only $5 due to the current $5 all you can ship in a day deal. While that is in effect, it would be very difficult to woot to charge a different shipping price for wine.woot orders. If the all you can ship goes away at some point (maybe the next woot-off?) I would guess we would see an up-charge for summer shipping.

It's also been mentioned that the cost is probably being pushed through as price increases in the base product, rather than shipping (which is always the case since it costs them more than $5 to ship something). I would also venture to say that woot can tolerate the lower shipping cost (including the all you can ship deal) due to the higher margins they are receiving on Woot! Plus deals.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
mschauber wrote:WD,

Given that there's no upcharge for summer shipping, I think WD and crew will keep an eye on the weather and ship appropriately. The man knows his stuff

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

Has anyone had problems with their orders simply not showing up? I got the last of the Cycles Gladiator 'Banned in Bama Cuvee during the last wootoff and after checking the shipping email they sent me, it didn't even make it out of the origination stage before it was identified as "damaged" and sent straight to Sonoma! I haven't heard anything from Woot after I contacted them the first time a week ago, so now I just emailed them again telling them if I don't hear back within a day I'm contacting AMEX.

Anyone else have this problem? Woot, what do you have to say for yourselves?!

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

kevin0425 wrote:Has anyone had problems with their orders simply not showing up? I got the last of the Cycles Gladiator 'Banned in Bama Cuvee during the last wootoff and after checking the shipping email they sent me, it didn't even make it out of the origination stage before it was identified as "damaged" and sent straight to Sonoma! I haven't heard anything from Woot after I contacted them the first time a week ago, so now I just emailed them again telling them if I don't hear back within a day I'm contacting AMEX.

Anyone else have this problem? Woot, what do you have to say for yourselves?!

Hmm, I show the email that you just sent in this morning, but I don't show any emails before that. It's possible our system ate it, because it's been doing that lately. Sorry about that.

Someone should be replying back to you shortly with some options.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

I received my Black Zeppelin order this week and the shipping was fantastic. I got an email before it was shipped. It took only 2 days for it to go from California to Chicago. I asked for delivery to a nearby FedEx store, so it was in the A/C instead of a hot truck all day (especially with it being in the 90's here). Nicely done WW. Thanks.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine
blakewoot wrote:
On May 30th, I received four bottles from Page Cellars, and three of them were cooked. They came via UPS ground,

I am extremely happy to report: five boxes arrived in NYC today via FedEx two-day air, and everything is in perfect condition.

I am very impressed that the summer shipping really does make a difference, and my faith in the entire process here is restored and actually improved. I'm sure FedEx two-day air service is significantly more expensive than UPS ground, and yet I was not charged any additional shipping fee.

I thought it would be worth sharing all this, in light of the concerns raised on the boards lately, and the suggestions from some people that they might not buy during the summer. To summarize my position: I buy a lot of wine from woot, I live far away, and am VERY HAPPY with the summer shipping program. Kudos to Winedavid, winecountryconnect, and the entire winewoot team. I almost feel like ordering MORE wine under the summer shipping program!

moral of the story: fedex is far superior to ups, (regardless of shipping priority.)

boltond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boltond

Received my five pack of the recently offered Astrale e Terra Syrah here today in Phoenix. Wine was in styrofoam with freeze pack inserts under each bottle. Packs were obviously defrosted, but bottles were at a comfortable room temperature. All in all, happy with the effort put into the summer shipping.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

Hiya Folks!

Has anyone who ordered either the Jana Angel Eis or any of the Murray offerings received them yet? I haven't received shipping e-mails, however, in the "stuff you bought" section, they both appear to have shipped sometime last week. Problem is, the FedEx tracking numbers supplied are not working. I suspect they may not be valid. They don't even look like regular FedEx tracking numbers (12 digits instead of the normal 15).

(They also do not track using the Woot order number in the FedEx tracking system.)

I am frequently not home for a few days at a time and it's quite warm here these days. I hate to think of them stewing in a hot truck for days...

Normally, I intercept my wines as soon as they are trackable and have them held at my local Fed-Ex store...but that only works if I can actually track them.

Any ideas??

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
karenhynes wrote:Hiya Folks!

Has anyone who ordered either the Jana Angel Eis or any of the Murray offerings received them yet? I haven't received shipping e-mails, however, in the "stuff you bought" section, they both appear to have shipped sometime last week. Problem is, the FedEx tracking numbers supplied are not working. I suspect they may not be valid. They don't even look like regular FedEx tracking numbers (12 digits instead of the normal 15).

(They also do not track using the Woot order number in the FedEx tracking system.)

I am frequently not home for a few days at a time and it's quite warm here these days. I hate to think of them stewing in a hot truck for days...

Normally, I intercept my wines as soon as they are trackable and have them held at my local Fed-Ex store...but that only works if I can actually track them.

Any ideas??

Not sure about the Murray, but everyone is in the same boat on the Eis Wine. The shipping popped up and looked valid a few days ago, then disappeared. My guess is that they are experiencing some extreme heat out there and are just holding it for better conditions.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Any ideas??

I ordered a bunch of the Murray, and I received an email last week that they shipped. I've got shipping numbers in my Woot tracker, but they don't pull up any info on FedEx's website. My guess is they are on a refrigerated truck somewhere prior to transferring into the FedEx system.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

boltond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boltond

Any ideas??

My Angel Eis order is tracking now, delivery on Wednesday.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
boltond wrote:My Angel Eis order is tracking now, delivery on Wednesday.

Yes, most of my Murray orders are now showing delivery on Wed with 2 day shipping as well. Thanks Woot!

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

This is a new one... I ordered two Woot+ offers on June 8th - the Angel Eis and the Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee. The IH arrived almost three weeks ago; the Eis still hasn't even shipped. I emailed Woot over the weekend and got a basic auto-reply "You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks" quote from the FAQ. While I am grateful for the prompt shipping on the Iron Horse offer, I am disappointed because I ordered the Eis wine thinking I would have it for my house warming party this weekend...

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

3 orders (Scheid Claret, Nicolayson LH PB, & Olive Hill PS) say they've "shipped", and have tracking numbers, but when you click on them, FedEx has no info on them.

And 3 other orders from June 20th (VR PS, VR Mix, & TyTanium) still have yet to "ship".

And I'm in SoCal, where it's been fast usually.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

AlexJS

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexJS

I'm waiting on the Wellington Merlot/Cab. Got a FedEx reference number, but not showing up in the system.

My guess (more like hope) is that they're being held due to weather - it's been @#$% hot on the east coast over the last week, and I'd rather wait a few more days than get cooked wine.

Time to first Bindle of Carrots: 6 years, 4 months, and 26 days

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
AlexJS wrote:I'm waiting on the Wellington Merlot/Cab. Got a FexEd reference number, but not showing up in the system.

My guess (more like hope) is that they're being held due to weather - it's been @#$% hot on the east coast over the last week, and I'd rather wait a few more days than get cooked wine.

The high desert has cooled of nicely since you all are getting scorched. Tracking numbers have been assigned, but like Sparky said, FedEx doesn't recognize them.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro

Can anyone on the Woot staff comment on the odd Fedex numbers? I'm having the same issue with two orders. I received emails from Woot that say they have shipped and give me an odd number (which also shows up in my Woot Stuff You Bought) but Fedex doesn't recognize the numbers. Any insight from staff would be much appreciated.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pcuccaro wrote:Can anyone on the Woot staff comment on the odd Fedex numbers? I'm having the same issue with two orders. I received emails from Woot that say they have shipped and give me an odd number (which also shows up in my Woot Stuff You Bought) but Fedex doesn't recognize the numbers. Any insight from staff would be much appreciated.

Not having access to your account directly, your best bet would be to mail into service@woot.com to get clarification and those questions answered! Sorry I couldn't be more help!

I'm just hanging out, really.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
AlexJS wrote:I'm waiting on the Wellington Merlot/Cab. Got a FedEx reference number, but not showing up in the system.

That's probably it ... still nothing right now showing up on FedEx for them. And it's supposed to get hotter this week in SoCal.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:That's probably it ... still nothing right now showing up on FedEx for them. And it's supposed to get hotter this week in SoCal.

the Wednesday holiday relaly put a wrench in things. we ship it monday it arrives Thursday. tuesday it arrives Friday. Thursday - Monday. Factoring in this heat, we held it. hope this helps clarify.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
Winedavid39 wrote:the Wednesday holiday relaly put a wrench in things. we ship it monday it arrives Thursday. tuesday it arrives Friday. Thursday - Monday. Factoring in this heat, we held it. hope this helps clarify.

Sounds good to me. Everything is square on my end as the tracking cleared up and is set to arrive on Wed ( one of the coolest days) for one of them.

Thanks for looking out for us.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

cortot20

quality posts: 144 Private Messages cortot20
Winedavid39 wrote:the Wednesday holiday relaly put a wrench in things. we ship it monday it arrives Thursday. tuesday it arrives Friday. Thursday - Monday. Factoring in this heat, we held it. hope this helps clarify.

You can keep your SoCal orders held until next week. 104 in Monrovia today and all week.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cortot20 wrote:You can keep your SoCal orders held until next week. 104 in Monrovia today and all week.

+1

You can hold my orders for a month or two, it's damn hot down here in So Cal.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Exactly what happened to a WL order of mine. Cooked over the 4th. They're sending a replacement.

Thanks WD.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Those funky looking tracking numbers for the Wellington and the Astrale e Terra now took me to a FedEx page which showed shipping history, and which also allowed me to divert the shipments to a nearby FedEx/Kinko's location. A nice option, since I'll be in and out most of the projected delivery date. Thanks, WD!

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

alpineguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alpineguy

Communicating about shipping appears to be failing again at Woot. FedEx left its usual message saying a shipment is arriving tomorrow and it will need a signature. Unfortunately, Woot still thinks the order is "awaiting shipping." So while the shipment does appear to be on its way, no email notice or an account notice has been sent from Woot.

Since we have no local FedEx office to hold shipments (living in the middle of nowhere), I find it critical to be notified of a shipment so someone can be here to receive it. Thank goodness FedEx is on the ball.

Just another frustration in our Brave New World.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

alpineguy wrote:Communicating about shipping appears to be failing again at Woot. FedEx left its usual message saying a shipment is arriving tomorrow and it will need a signature. Unfortunately, Woot still thinks the order is "awaiting shipping." So while the shipment does appear to be on its way, no email notice or an account notice has been sent from Woot.

Since we have no local FedEx office to hold shipments (living in the middle of nowhere), I find it critical to be notified of a shipment so someone can be here to receive it. Thank goodness FedEx is on the ball.

Just another frustration in our Brave New World.

hmm, sorry about that. save me a step, what wine are you referring to and what state are you in?

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Had the Tricipedis III shipped yet? i'm moving soon, and really need to get it before I leave, or at least re-routed to the fedex store.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

I've been receiving my wine before it ships. It's magic.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
Winedavid39 wrote:hmm, sorry about that. save me a step, what wine are you referring to and what state are you in?

I got the message from FedEx today as well. I have two orders in - Triacipedis and Gård. Both of them show as waiting to be shipped.

Since I'm in Washington it could easily be the Gård if they did local shipping right away.

alpineguy

Winedavid39 wrote:hmm, sorry about that. save me a step, what wine are you referring to and what state are you in?

I am a waiting for the Cumulus and the Triacepides. I am assuming the FedEx message is for the former since the it is older. Wouldn't it be nice if it was a both, but I am not holding my breath. Woot cellars might be fast, but not that fast I suspect

alpineguy

Sorry wd, I am in Wyoming.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
noslensj wrote:I got the message from FedEx today as well. I have two orders in - Triacipedis and Gård. Both of them show as waiting to be shipped.

Since I'm in Washington it could easily be the Gård if they did local shipping right away.

Its the Triacipedis that's arriving tomorrow. In the ~2 hours since I posted my account has changed to show the Tri has shipped, with the tracking number indicating it went out yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Yeah just got my shipping notification, supposedly it will get here next week, which should be good.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Just received notification that Triacipedis is awaiting shipping. The notice is dated yesterday, with an arrival date of 07/20. No movement or tracking however. Again, why do we get these notices that a label was prepared and no shipping occurred? It's like a shipping tease. Please just send me a notice when the wine has actually left the building.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

got the woot email tonight at 8:15pm cst that my Tom Eddy wine shipped and it's due for delivery tomorrow (102* high in kc and i'm gone all day.) if the email notification came any later i wouldn't have been able to have it held at fedex kinko's which is the only possible way to save it from heat damage. W t F is up with the email delay from woot? it used to be so much more reliable.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Wrong thread at first, oops

Just checked on shipment of Tri for me, scheduled for delivery tomorrow. To the cool confines of an A/C'd FedEx office. Life is good, but a bit more notice would still be appreciated.

Also sent message to service@woot to hold pending shipments till after WW/RPM tour.
We'll see how that works out...

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 144 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Wrong thread at first, oops

Just checked on shipment of Tri for me, scheduled for delivery tomorrow. To the cool confines of an A/C'd FedEx office. Life is good, but a bit more notice would still be appreciated.

Also sent message to service@woot to hold pending shipments till after WW/RPM tour.
We'll see how that works out...

It won't work. They won't hold anything. Once packages get the green light WCC is like a machine.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
jmdavidson wrote:Just received notification that Triacipedis is awaiting shipping. The notice is dated yesterday, with an arrival date of 07/20. No movement or tracking however. Again, why do we get these notices that a label was prepared and no shipping occurred? It's like a shipping tease. Please just send me a notice when the wine has actually left the building.

If they wait that long then it's like my situation. I just got an email that it arrived at my cellar and then one that it had shipped. This is of course one of the best reasons to pay for space at a cellar facility; I no longer have to worry about this end of the shipping.

If I didn't have that though, I would have come home to a missed package notice BEFORE I had a shipping notice.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar