tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
roycewoots wrote:Actually I've never gone tasting in Sonoma before; I often go in Southern California (around Santa Maria/Santa Ynez) but every time I've been up north it's been Napa. Any suggestions as to particular wineries would be welcome. I'm partial to big bold reds - cabs and zins and syrahs especially. My fiancee, on the other hand, loves crisp dry whites.

I may also have to stop in at Pedroncelli to preview what I'll be getting in my sampler case!

yes, i can suggest an awesome sonoma winery for you to visit. Viansa. not only is the wine great. but the grounds are just unbelievable. looks like tuscany. i really really like that place. another place that is between napa and sonoma is domaine carneros. it's a bubbly place that is owned by tattinger (it's a replica of their chateau in france actually). great views... great place to hang out. if you happen to go to napa again, i would suggest castello di amorosa. a replica of a tuscan castle... there is a rose semi-prosecco there called fantasia that is just unbelievable. ahhh nor cal wine country. nothing like it in the US. you have to go to northern italy to find something better.

cyclewrks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyclewrks

Dang, waited to long to log back on to buy.....

bawfaw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bawfaw
mrn1 wrote:

If it's truly out of sight, you might try laying bottles down in a filing cabinet. Easy to label the drawers with inventory and mark off as you drink, easy to organize by vintage or varietal. Not elegant but cheap and functional so you can spend more on great deals like this.

roycewoots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roycewoots

Thanks for the suggestions everybody! I'm going to try to hit as many places as my palate will allow in two days. Should be quite fun. I'll report back on any great finds and I look forward to hitting up Pedroncelli and Wellington to try the wines I haven't gotten on Woot!

tewkewl wrote:yes, i can suggest an awesome sonoma winery for you to visit. Viansa. not only is the wine great. but the grounds are just unbelievable. looks like tuscany. i really really like that place. another place that is between napa and sonoma is domaine carneros. it's a bubbly place that is owned by tattinger (it's a replica of their chateau in france actually). great views... great place to hang out. if you happen to go to napa again, i would suggest castello di amorosa. a replica of a tuscan castle... there is a rose semi-prosecco there called fantasia that is just unbelievable. ahhh nor cal wine country. nothing like it in the US. you have to go to northern italy to find something better.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

I kept pushing off buying this... Saw it last night (well this morning) when it came up and after spending way too much at the woot.off I couldn't do it. Woke up a few hours later and saw so much of the map in light colors and the comments were so great, but yet, $105 was more than I could afford. Back to sleep and then to work. Saw the map was more dark and assumed inventory was increased. Hit the gold button as soon as I saw these could be laid down for a few years.

Can't wait to see just how great this QPR is

And what is a wine key and how does one get one? ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

2200 cases. 26,400 bottles. How close is that to a record?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mschauber wrote:I kept pushing off buying this... Saw it last night (well this morning) when it came up and after spending way too much at the woot.off I couldn't do it. Woke up a few hours later and saw so much of the map in light colors and the comments were so great, but yet, $105 was more than I could afford. Back to sleep and then to work. Saw the map was more dark and assumed inventory was increased. Hit the gold button as soon as I saw these could be laid down for a few years.

Can't wait to see just how great this QPR is

And what is a wine key and how does one get one? ;)

Pedroncelli is Italian for "wine key".

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

speedoo wrote:2200 cases. 26,400 bottles. How close is that to a record?

It's by far the most I have ever seen. It seems to me like that would even be more total bottles then are sold in the average 3 day woot-off.

My CT

philct

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philct
North316 wrote:Pedroncelli is Italian for "wine key".

hahahahahah!!!!

I liked Eds explanation of a wine key best!!!

[img]

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
philct wrote:Ed is still hanging around!! What's a wine key?? Does it lock away wives on mixed case delivery day??

Ha! Wish it would work on locking down my husbands disapproving stare... I'm having everything held at fedex so my husband isn't aware of how much I actually bought recently. My real problem is how on earth am I going to sneak in about 2 cases worth of wine (over the last woot-off and this case). And where am I going to stash it all... I think I'm going to have to get creative and try to drink a case worth of wine over the next week or so. Course that doesn't exactly help with my diet plan... Sigh. I'm gonna be in so much trouble...

Bund9032

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bund9032

Did this sell out? Any chance I can slide my name into the order list as though I had hit the stupidly large button yesterday??? :0)

North316

Bund9032 wrote:Did this sell out? Any chance I can slide my name into the order list as though I had hit the stupidly large button yesterday??? :0)

Yes and no. But you can email ed@pedroncelli.com and he said he would do his best to help people out. I doubt he can match the woot shipping rate but you never know.

My CT

2chloe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2chloe

You snooze you loose I really wanted to try this winemaker.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
mawy wrote:Ha! Wish it would work on locking down my husbands disapproving stare... I'm having everything held at fedex so my husband isn't aware of how much I actually bought recently. My real problem is how on earth am I going to sneak in about 2 cases worth of wine (over the last woot-off and this case). And where am I going to stash it all... I think I'm going to have to get creative and try to drink a case worth of wine over the next week or so. Course that doesn't exactly help with my diet plan... Sigh. I'm gonna be in so much trouble...

Stash in your closet... my hubby never looks there !! Also,if you drink the wine, it is considered a liquid diet!!

sproy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sproy
Cesare wrote:Pedroncelli Sonoma County Mixed Case
$99.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
3 2009 Zinfandel, Mother Clone, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
3 2009 Sangiovese, Alto Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
3 2009 Merlot, Bench Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
3 2009 Morris Fay Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, Sonoma County
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
4/25/11

Very happy with everything I've had from your vineyard. Can we get a move on for Arizona shipments: the current cool nights will be history soon.
Thank you, very much.
Sincerely

CWulf

gerryak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gerryak

Just got a call from Fedex. My case will be delivered tomorrow (Western Washington). I didn't even know that it had been shipped...

guljor94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guljor94

Mine delivered in Western Washington today. Also didn't know it was shipped. Status still says nothing about shipping despite being delivered.

juxcallmebob

quality posts: 3 Private Messages juxcallmebob

Got my wine shipment from Fedex yesterday afternoon. But I didn't get the shipping email notice until late at night. Good thing I was home, otherwise Fedex would have held it for another day due to a signiture requirement.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Really odd...I've had a fedex number for over a week now (looked it up thru reference tracking), then I got the email a few days ago, but still no movement indicated with fedex. Same thing going on with my Costa del Sol order. Weird.

ajr0031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajr0031

Same thing here. Tracking numbers for two orders with ship dates of May 2 and 3, but no movement on the fedex tracker at all.

mrileyatwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrileyatwoot

Staff

tonycyndy wrote:Really odd...I've had a fedex number for over a week now (looked it up thru reference tracking), then I got the email a few days ago, but still no movement indicated with fedex. Same thing going on with my Costa del Sol order. Weird.

The order is still in processing. Most wine orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered and, given the nature of the product, all orders placed with the winery from this site will take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we estimate for other merchandise. At this point, we would advise allowing more time for the order to ship out. Your tracking data will update automatically once the order ships out.

tonycyndy

mrileyatwoot wrote:The order is still in processing. Most wine orders will take up to 3 weeks to be delivered and, given the nature of the product, all orders placed with the winery from this site will take longer to process and ship out than the typical 5 business days we estimate for other merchandise. At this point, we would advise allowing more time for the order to ship out. Your tracking data will update automatically once the order ships out.

I'm familiar with how it works...I've bought a ton of wine through wine.woot. Most orders don't take three weeks. It's usually around two weeks. It's just that the shipping label was created eons ago, and I've gotten the email that tells me that the order has shipped already...when it actually hasn't. That's usually never the case...the emails usually show up after the shipment is well on it's way. Obviously, you would advise allowing more time for the order to ship out...because since it hasn't shipped out yet, that's about the only option right now.... It's not that I'm upset that the wine isn't here...it's just that the shipping data is misleading.

saschabates

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saschabates

I also just got Fedex numbers for this wine plus another from the Wootoff. Now everything has taken so long that I'm going to be out of town next week and I don't know what to do. I guess I won't order any more from here when I don't know how to predict when stuff is coming.

mcc17ss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcc17ss

let me add my .02 to this discussion. I bought 2 cases; one for me in OH and one as a gift sent to NY. The NY wine arrived yesterday while my wine is somewhere in limbo. Have a tracking number but no movement. Patience required...

ajr0031

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajr0031

Bought some other wine in the last woot off as a b-day present for the wife. I thought the timing was perfect -- I only needed it to arrive within three weeks. Now it looks like that's in jeopardy. Argh.

North316

For those having issues, questions and concerns with shipping, please refer to the Shipping post I have started HERE.

I have inquired about many of these issues in the thread and received responses from a lot of people as well as acknowledgement from WineDavid himself (who appeared somewhat unaware of the shipping notification issues).

I too am in the same boat on this shipment as I have shipping information with estimated ship date of 5/2 and no information of movement. I am fine with that though as I at least HAVE notification.

My CT

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

I've been lucky, the FEDEX guy has been letting my dog sign for the last two shipments. When I asked him, he said: " I don't like to hold on to them, it might be perishable food".
Read: "It's a PITA to come up this god-forsaken country dirt road twice if I don't have to."

I always get an automated call from FEDEX, and they're always off by a day.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

dandaly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandaly

Says it shipped 5/2 got tracking 5/9

Fedex does not see package.

I'm in maryland and needed to ship this to my work address to get an adult to sign for it. , it would be freaking nice to know when the thing will be delivered.

wilde4art

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilde4art

Maybe it's time to load the truck and get this stuff shipped.
Patiently waiting and waiting in Maryland.

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

I'm going out of town this weekend and will not be home next week. I hope this wine gets to me by then because we live in BFE and I don't have neighbors who can sign for me.

emuopolis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emuopolis

I ordered two cases in the same order going to the same address. I got two tracking numbers for the shipments. One said the order (it appears to say two cases, not one) would arrive today and it arrived on Friday. The other trackign number (also appears to say 2 cases) has no movement at all. I'm fine with the delays, I'm just concerned that two cases ordered at the same time and shipped to the same address are showing two drastically different paths. In summary, I just want my wine at some point.

Lesson learned: When splitting an order with someone keep the first shipment for myself and let him sweat it out!

tonycyndy

Well, happy day....it's being delivered today, along with another woot-off order. It just showed up as "out for delivery" this morning, suddenly with no warning via tracking. It's a good thing....but it's also frustrating.

dandaly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandaly
dandaly wrote:Says it shipped 5/2 got tracking 5/9

Fedex does not see package.

I'm in maryland and needed to ship this to my work address to get an adult to sign for it. , it would be freaking nice to know when the thing will be delivered.

Finally.... being delivered tomorrow!!!

kapecki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kapecki

The first bottle we tried was the zin, which showed very little of the hoped-for zinfandel fruit. A few years in the bottle may ease out the residual tannins and balance the high alcohol, but it's not the Dry Creek fruit-forward zin I had anticipated. I'm starting to wonder if this is the new style for Sonoma zins, that lots of fruit is not thought to be sufficiently sophisticated, a tendency I've noticed with Ravenswood's recents single vineyard bottlings. Looking forward to trying the other wines in the case. With three bottles of each (at a very fair price), we can see how these do over time.

juxcallmebob

quality posts: 3 Private Messages juxcallmebob

Thanks @kapecki for the early Zin review. Had the inlaws over for dinner and opened up the merlot tonight. My least favorite varietal of the four. Figured I would save the other 3 types for myself. But anywho - back to the merlot...for me - it had a very thin finish and not as full-bodied as I hoped. It was easy drinking and nothing remarkable...just average. But on to the other 3 soon!

mcc17ss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcc17ss
juxcallmebob wrote:Thanks @kapecki for the early Zin review. Had the inlaws over for dinner and opened up the merlot tonight. My least favorite varietal of the four. Figured I would save the other 3 types for myself. But anywho - back to the merlot...for me - it had a very thin finish and not as full-bodied as I hoped. It was easy drinking and nothing remarkable...just average. But on to the other 3 soon!

Tried the 2009 Merlot last night and all i can say is "underwhelming"
Not bad but not a wow wine by any means. Hope the other varietals are better.

hiperco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiperco

Tried the Merlot tonight. LOVED IT. Those that didn't care for it much, I'd be glad to drink yours for you ;)

gerryak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gerryak

Tried my least favorite varietal, merlot, last night. I wasn't expecting much, but enjoyed the wine more than I thought I would. Nothing complex, but decent wine at that price-point. I'll probably take the rest of the merlots to neighborhood events over the summer. I think it will be crowd-pleaser in outdoor settings.

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

I've tried the merlot, sangiovese, and zinfandel.

The merlot is drinkable. Yes, that's a word used to describe bud light.

The other two were completely underwhelming. No complexity and very thin.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
phidan wrote:I've tried the merlot, sangiovese, and zinfandel.

The merlot is drinkable. Yes, that's a word used to describe bud light.

The other two were completely underwhelming. No complexity and very thin.

I haven't checked reviews on any of these, but last weekend we drank the '08 Sangio, which had been hanging around the house under less-than-ideal-cellar conditions since April 2011, and it was lovely. Hoping that similar mistreatment will yield similar results for the '09.