gtcharlie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gtcharlie

Have to ask-- is this a record for most comments on a wine woot? Been around for a while and I can't remember seeing 7 pages without a sellout. What next? A Barrel of Crops filled with wine?

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
neilfindswine wrote:...trust is good. ...fall back, we'll catch you (and you get a case of wine as well...)

Haven't seen you around these parts in a while. Nor Ali. Come by more often, the both of you!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
gtcharlie wrote:Have to ask-- is this a record for most comments on a wine woot? Been around for a while and I can't remember seeing 7 pages without a sellout. What next? A Barrel of Crops filled with wine?

You started the 8th page! Sweet--PM me your address and I'll send you a wine key too!

skidd420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skidd420

Can't believe this didn't sell out yet. I've done my part.
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: lunsfordga
Speed to first woot: 1m 1.967s
Last wooter to woot: skidd420

danaswan

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danaswan

Looks very nice!

The little metal Oenophilia one has worked out great for us. Only about 2 feet wide, it squeezes in between the bar area of our kitchen and a china/stemware cabinet perfectly...

[/quote]

PedroncelliFamily

Flybranda wrote:I heard Pedroncelli was Italian for Stupid Good -- Can that be right?

HA! I missed this one. You caught on!! PM your address and I'll send you a Wine Key.

You must have heard me present the wines to a wine shop. That's my line!! "These are stupid good prices"!

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
PedroncelliFamily wrote:HA! I missed this one. You caught on!! PM your address and I'll send you a Wine Key.

You must have heard me present the wines to a wine shop. That's my line!! "These are stupid good prices"!

While you were in SF you should have stopped by my office to say hi and share a glass!

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

danaswan

PedroncelliFamily wrote:You started the 8th page! Sweet--PM me your address and I'll send you a wine key too!

Waaaaaaaaaaaa..I want a wine key too! Can I whine a bit w/ my cheese and get one?

I did buy a case! ~end of whine~ but never end of WINE! :-P

PedroncelliFamily

sukeiasa wrote:resisted the pedroncelli until today
the forum thread reviews are as glowing as i remember how scott and kent were discussed a couple years back... figured this would give me a good sample of their wine...

now, can we get this dc/va meet together? i have a lot of wine to drink this summer...

Julie (Pedroncelli) and I are going to be in DC the week of 8/10 for a tasting at the Smithsonian. An old family photo is going to be part of an exhibit beginning then. sing up for our enews so we can keep you posted. I'd also be happy to come pour our wines if someone wants to head this up!

PedroncelliFamily

klezman wrote:While you were in SF you should have stopped by my office to say hi and share a glass!

Buzzed in at 1:00 and out at 3:35. Home to walk the dog by 5:15. It's a wine guy's life!

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

288 comments and counting! I just wanted to be on both page one and page eight. Nothing else of note to add except congratulations to the Pedroncelli family and good luck with getting all those orders shipped out!

PedroncelliFamily

bsevern wrote:Ed how would you compare your 2009 Morris Fay Vineyard Cab in this case deal to your 2008 Three Vineyards Cab ?

I picked up some magnums of your Three Vineyards via woot and finally opened one about a month ago, and found it to be very good, nice spice, earth, dark fruit, everyone loved it that tried it.

Sorry--I was off for a while.
couple of very different things here-
09 MF is 100% Cab from Alex. Vly
08 3V is (as I recall) 83% CS, 16 Cab Franc and 1% Malbec from Dry Creek Valley.
So, the basic characteristics are dissimilar. For AV cabs I tend to think of blue fruits, cooler aromas, more herbaceous, fairly soft tannins.
For DCV Cabs, red fruits, warmer spicey aromas and a bit more angular tannins.

Additionally, 2008 was a warm fast ripening year. The wines tended to be a bit hot early on, but as they've aged they are fabulous.

The 2009 vintage, on the other hand, was a long cool growing season. These wines are going to age wonderfully. They might be a little tight early on...but just you wait!

philct

quality posts: 1 Private Messages philct
PedroncelliFamily wrote:You started the 8th page! Sweet--PM me your address and I'll send you a wine key too!

Ed is still hanging around!! What's a wine key?? Does it lock away wives on mixed case delivery day??

[img]

PedroncelliFamily

philct wrote:Ed is still hanging around!! What's a wine key?? Does it lock away wives on mixed case delivery day??

HAHAHA! No, it opens an evening of wonderful aromas, long glistening legs, and silky smooth things in your mouth.

philct

PedroncelliFamily wrote:HAHAHA! No, it opens an evening of wonderful aromas, long glistening legs, and silky smooth things in your mouth.

Wow, quite the meatball you threw me there... so many ways to go with that one!! LOL, looking forward to trying some of these wines, this fella I work with and I have bought them all to date... FYI did i miss a Pinot offer? By far my favorite juice... Is it on your site to order?

[img]

PedroncelliFamily

philct wrote:Wow, quite the meatball you threw me there... so many ways to go with that one!! LOL, looking forward to trying some of these wines, this fella I work with and I have bought them all to date... FYI did i miss a Pinot offer? By far my favorite juice... Is it on your site to order?

No, you didn't miss a Pinot offer. I can't make enough of that stuff. Released it first week of January, and we'll be out by June. You can order it online. Email me so I'm sure you have the correct pricing set up in our system. I don't get email addresses, and that's what our cart recognizes. ed@pedroncelli.com

Check out the Friends Red while you are there!

philct

PedroncelliFamily wrote:No, you didn't miss a Pinot offer. I can't make enough of that stuff. Released it first week of January, and we'll be out by June. You can order it online. Email me so I'm sure you have the correct pricing set up in our system. I don't get email addresses, and that's what our cart recognizes. ed@pedroncelli.com

Check out the Friends Red while you are there!

Awesome!! I'll be on the site in the morning, yes when the misses is out!! hahahah congrats to you on this woot, seems to be a giant hit!!!

[img]

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Sorry--I was off for a while.
couple of very different things here-
09 MF is 100% Cab from Alex. Vly
08 3V is (as I recall) 83% CS, 16 Cab Franc and 1% Malbec from Dry Creek Valley.
So, the basic characteristics are dissimilar. For AV cabs I tend to think of blue fruits, cooler aromas, more herbaceous, fairly soft tannins.
For DCV Cabs, red fruits, warmer spicey aromas and a bit more angular tannins.

Additionally, 2008 was a warm fast ripening year. The wines tended to be a bit hot early on, but as they've aged they are fabulous.

The 2009 vintage, on the other hand, was a long cool growing season. These wines are going to age wonderfully. They might be a little tight early on...but just you wait!

Exactly what I was after!!

Thanks Ed, and CONGRATS ON THE SELLOUT!!

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20

Wow 2200 cases.
$220k in sales.

This must be a single day record.

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

This was a great woot deal, almost 300 comments, I love WOOT, god bless you all.

PedroncelliFamily

cortot20 wrote:Wow 2200 cases.
$220k in sales.

This must be a single day record.

At 10:40 this am WD asked me to increase the limit. we were shooting for a record! Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the excitement! Please come by to see us some time. and sign up for our enews. It'll give me a chance to keep you in the loop.

ENews
Pedroncelli IS Italian for "Having a great time!"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
PedroncelliFamily wrote:At 10:40 this am WD asked me to increase the limit. we were shooting for a record! Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the excitement! Please come by to see us some time. and sign up for our enews. It'll give me a chance to keep you in the loop.

ENews
Pedroncelli IS Italian for "Having a great time!"

Like I said earlier, GREAT wine, GREAT winery participation makes it impossible to resist pushing the big button!! Thanks again!!

danaswan

PedroncelliFamily wrote:HAHAHA! No, it opens an evening of wonderful aromas, long glistening legs, and silky smooth things in your mouth.

Oh My Fruitful Garden...Get a ROOM already!

Oh wait...I want that too! ~snorts~

philct

Glad I ordered earlier today!! Congrats on the sell out!!!!

[img]

danaswan

philct wrote:Glad I ordered earlier today!! Congrats on the sell out!!!!

You as well as I! I am looking forward to this wine, very much. I have bought many from WW, mostly from the amazing people here, giving their insight! THANKS! :-)

Although my bank account, nor husband thanks you...I DO! :-P

bbrett2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrett2009
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Julie (Pedroncelli) and I are going to be in DC the week of 8/10 for a tasting at the Smithsonian. An old family photo is going to be part of an exhibit beginning then. sing up for our enews so we can keep you posted. I'd also be happy to come pour our wines if someone wants to head this up!

This makes me sad because I can't be there to taste at the Smithsonian. Stupid living in the middle of no where.

Also congrats on the sellout. I bought it early because I thought it would sellout by 11am. Looks like I was right if you hadn't increased the limit!

Shift4g

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shift4g

The one day I don't check wine woot..THE ONE DAY!!! All is not lost though. I will make it a point to get by Pendroncelli when I fly out to tour Sonoma in June.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

fredrinaldi wrote:This was a great woot deal, almost 300 comments, I love WOOT, god bless you all.

when firing on all cylinders, this is quite the place to behold.

nice going everyone!

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
Winedavid39 wrote:when firing on all cylinders, this is quite the place to behold.

nice going everyone!

You've built a great place, WD !

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

PedroncelliFamily

Shift4g wrote:The one day I don't check wine woot..THE ONE DAY!!! All is not lost though. I will make it a point to get by Pendroncelli when I fly out to tour Sonoma in June.

email me. I'll see what I can do to hook you up.
ed@pedroncelli.com

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Julie (Pedroncelli) and I are going to be in DC the week of 8/10 for a tasting at the Smithsonian. An old family photo is going to be part of an exhibit beginning then. sing up for our enews so we can keep you posted. I'd also be happy to come pour our wines if someone wants to head this up!

Hope we get to see you (and your delicious wine!) in DC !

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Tomorrow, Vino Napkins and 4 comments...

hanchyang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hanchyang
bobrush12866 wrote:My guess is that it hasn't sold out yet because the supply is probably around 2,000 plus cases...We'll see at about 7 PM EST when it sells out!

Excellent guess! 2200 cases = 26400 bottles of wine. Is this the highest number of non-Woot Cellars wine sold?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 201 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

emmabean2000 wrote:Tomorrow, Vino Napkins and 4 comments...

effectively now back down to earth.. heh !

psmurf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psmurf
Winedavid39 wrote:when firing on all cylinders, this is quite the place to behold.

nice going everyone!

Darn.
After a cataract surgery followed by a retina detachment surgery (odds are against that), I get home to miss out on this.
Great deal for those who got in.
~gas bubble in eye sucks big time~

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
Neil Peart(of Rush)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
psmurf wrote:Darn.
After a cataract surgery followed by a retina detachment surgery (odds are against that), I get home to miss out on this.

eww sorry to hear, I hope all went well!!

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl
losthighwayz wrote:Ive had two of the merlots (one two days ago) and they were great! Lots of fruit and medium tannins. It was even better on day two. did you aerate? Maybe bad bottle?

yes, i used my vinturi... then i swirled the sucker around for a while just to make sure. then i tasted... blech... swirled some more... tasted... blech. let it sit... tasted. blech. i just wasn't getting better. i gave 2 bottles away. have 2 more to use as cooking wine. the cabs are pretty good. not great. they are a little on the bland side for me. they taste a little watery. they are certainly smooth and easy drinking. but they don't have that earthy pungent cab essence that i love in so many fine cabs. i recently had a cruz alta cab that was amazing... I would probably give the white oak cab an 88... the merlot i will not rate.

tewkewl

fredrinaldi wrote:That was one of my best buys, if White Oak comes up again I'm in for the Max.

I too got some bad wine, Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve WW replaced it and it was excellent. Email them

thanks for the tip. i only have two bottles of merlot left though. i will see if they can help me out though.

danaswan

But you should be able to fix that, no??? ~hehe~

Ok, sorry to laugh that you missed out on this! My bad!

psmurf wrote:Darn.

tewkewl

fredrinaldi wrote:I'm in Manhattan Beach, CA, if your close I'll buy whats left of the White Oak

ahh... good old manhattan beach... i love that place especially the cafe that is just below bobs pancake house. great view from there.

but i no longer live in cali. i moved to DC unfortunately... i don't think you'd want my batch of merlot anyway. i don't know if it was travel shock or what, but my batch sucks.