ksieczka

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksieczka

Wine Woot, you're killing me. Loved the Pedroncelli Port/chocolate deal so I'm in for this one too...although I might end up living on the streets. I'm spending all my $$ on wine.

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
inkycatz wrote:Everything But Woot could always use a thread like that! Feel free to start one.

Done!

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4984754

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Ok, I sadly do not need/have space for a case of wine, and Boss Monster is still making me weary of this winery, but I'm willing to split a case with someone. I really want to try the Zins, so pm if someone especially if you are near upstate NY wants to split.

mawy

roobyjen wrote:Lol...I am IN for that...LMK and I'll join ya! Work it off; reward with wine; work it off, reward with wine. I can SO do that.

Wine is always a good reward in my book...

I posted the link directly above in reply to Inky, but can always pm you if you want it in a more accessible location!

thatheard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatheard
inkycatz wrote:Perhaps there's an issue going on with payment? I don't know, but I'd drop service@woot.com a line if you're having purchase issues.

Turns out woot hates government workers. Or government internet. Or government workers wasting government time buying stuff on woot. Either way, I was able to buy it after I switched to another network.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Well, I could have saved myself $5.00 but I had the inverse of buyer's remorse so I had to gift my lovely wife a case in addition to the case I ordered earlier. Hoping that a sellout was going to keep me from pushing the button again ...

The Pedroncelli folks are just a great bunch - they make some clasic good wines and the value is pretty hard to beat. Jump on it before it is too late.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

I finally pushed the button! In for one with my JumboWoot coupon!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
mawy wrote:I'm thinking 5 for the first and 2 for the rest. Gotta give myself a bit of a boost in the beginning. Besides, I have at least a week or two before it arrives to get started, so maybe I can actually get my rear in gear.

We should totally have a WW dieting support group. Are there any boards for that yet?

I just started the 10 min. trainer dvd's. they are kicking my butt!! I am enjoying the workouts though!!

jchasma

tewkewl wrote:I'm in for one. My wife is going to kill me... but, oh well. the plethora of good reviews on this site has tempted me beyond resistance.

Honestly, i was really on the fence despite the good reviews because the WHITE OAK case I bought (6 merlot, 6 cab)... was a disaster on the merlot side. a complete waste of money on some sour acidic wine. blech. I vowed that it would be the last time I wine wooted (perhaps the wine woot wine is full is wine that is on the cusp of going bad, i thought). but I will roll the dice again. this one better not be a loser, or I will never try again.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed the merlot from White Oak that I received. I thought the QPR was great. How many bottles have you tried? Maybe you got a dud? I agree it was -slighly- acidic, but DEFINITELY drinkable. Mine was a little fruity but mostly woody.

jchasma

dmallette wrote:Thanks for all the comments and input! There are a ton of knowledgeable posters here, so with this much of a positive response I had to go in for two cases.

As opposed to some, my wife FULLY supports my wine.woot addiction as she is the main benefiter!

Think we like our Reds?
RECENT WINE.WOOT PURCHASES:
5/2/12: Pedroncelli Sonoma County Mixed Case (2)
4/25/12: Copa Del Rey Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon (2)
3/12/12: White Oak Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot Case (1)
1/19/12: Sextant 2009 Central Coast Cabernet Sauvignon - 6 Pack (2)
11/8/11: Truchard Vineyards Tempranillo Mixed - Random 12 Pack (1)

Thank you SO much wine.woot! Keep em coming!

You got the Cop Del Rey?! I am so jealous.

mommadeb1

HOW is this NOT sold out yet?!!!!!

pezmaker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pezmaker
mrn1 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get plans to make a simple wine storage rack? Don't need anything fancy, will be out of sight in cool area of my basement. Right now I am just stacking up cases of wine in the cardboard boxes...need something more efficient. I would love to find plans for stackable wine storage racks. Any ideas???

As one who thought "dude, I could totally make a wine rack cheaper and just like the ones you can buy anywhere else!" I designed it in cad, bought the wood. Oh crap, turns out, the cost of the wood alone was nearly as much as a rack purchased. Ok, no problem, I got the wood. Started cutting the lengths to size... oh yeah, I live in a condo. No work area, and sawdust all over my carpet. Crap. Then dog chewed up some of the lengths I had cut.

Well, I just bought that 60 bottle oenophilia linked previously.

If you're doing it because you're LOOKING for a project, go for it, I've no doubt that it's not overly difficult to build - I was 1/2 way there! If you're doing it because like me you're cheap and arrogant and think you can do it cheaper and better... Fohgettaboutit.

Dave

aray35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aray35

All this enthusiasm is contagious! After reading through every comment, in for a case. A few months ago I wouldn't have seriously considered buying a case of anything. Now, I think I'll be looking through those links on wine racks as the growing stash of boxes in the basement won't cut it much longer.

WaltW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WaltW
mommadeb1 wrote:HOW is this NOT sold out yet?!!!!!

Economics 101 -- Supply exceeds demand.

bradsbabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradsbabe

Used my jumbo.woot coupon!

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: lunsfordga
Speed to first woot: 1m 1.967s
Last wooter to woot: bradsbabe

mommadeb1

WaltW wrote:Economics 101 -- Supply exceeds demand.

duhhh... I was referring to the fact that this was such and amazing deal, I was surprised it hadn't sold out yet!!

andyparkin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andyparkin

What is a jumbo.woot coupon?

Ctmariner

btuck895

quality posts: 1 Private Messages btuck895
brianthe111 wrote:Anyone want to split a case in fort worth area?

Yes! I live Ft Worth part-time but have no way to receive it there so if you can order it, I'm in!

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
pezmaker wrote:As one who thought "dude, I could totally make a wine rack cheaper and just like the ones you can buy anywhere else!" I designed it in cad, bought the wood. Oh crap, turns out, the cost of the wood alone was nearly as much as a rack purchased. Ok, no problem, I got the wood. Started cutting the lengths to size... oh yeah, I live in a condo. No work area, and sawdust all over my carpet. Crap. Then dog chewed up some of the lengths I had cut.

Well, I just bought that 60 bottle oenophilia linked previously.

If you're doing it because you're LOOKING for a project, go for it, I've no doubt that it's not overly difficult to build - I was 1/2 way there! If you're doing it because like me you're cheap and arrogant and think you can do it cheaper and better... Fohgettaboutit.

Dave

Welcome to my world. Well, without the attempting to build one first part - I knew better than to even go down that route! ;-)

The little metal Oenophilia one has worked out great for us. Only about 2 feet wide, it squeezes in between the bar area of our kitchen and a china/stemware cabinet perfectly...

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
mommadeb1 wrote:duhhh... I was referring to the fact that this was such and amazing deal, I was surprised it hadn't sold out yet!!

My guess is that it hasn't sold out yet because the supply is probably around 2,000 plus cases...We'll see at about 7 PM EST when it sells out!

btuck895

mawy wrote:I did it. I caved. I'm going to use the wine as incentive - I can't open a bottle of it til I lose 5lbs. We'll see if this plan works...

Or you'll have some nicely aged wine before you give up...

mawy

btuck895 wrote:Or you'll have some nicely aged wine before you give up...

Always a possibility! Whats the saying? Failure is ALWAYS an option!

singlespeed20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages singlespeed20

Thanks for the input on the wine cellar ,but what I meant was a wine cooler then.

Holds 12 or more. I really only need a slot for 12 or maybe 16.

Thanks all!!

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
mommadeb1 wrote:HOW is this NOT sold out yet?!!!!!

Maybe the Pedroncelli family will simply crank up the winery bottling line and fill up enough bottles to fullfill all requests.

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
singlespeed20 wrote:Thanks for the input on the wine cellar ,but what I meant was a wine cooler then.

Thanks all!!

Well if you've got a free weekend, this thread is 18 pages (and counting) of wine cooler discussion.

If you're in a hurry, these two are the top-rated/best-selling models on Amazon in that size range:

Culinair Aw160s Thermoelectric 16-Bottle Wine Cooler, Silver and Black / Cuisinart CWC-1200DZ 12-Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cellar

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

mommadeb1

singlespeed20 wrote:Thanks for the input on the wine cellar ,but what I meant was a wine cooler then.

Thanks all!!

you need 50 bottle min. especially if you are going to be shopping here!!

fitzpanther

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fitzpanther

Too much wine? Too much red? Too little money? Who cares? It's Pedroncelli!!! Can't pass up!

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

And it's finally bouncing

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
mommadeb1 wrote:you need 50 bottle min. especially if you are going to be shopping here!!

That only covers the Tuesday night wines . . .

btuck895

JOATMON wrote:And it's finally bouncing

Aaaaand I had to give in and gift a second case to my sister to split...

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I guess we lost Ed . . .

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This has been a thoroughly enjoyable thread to read! You had me laughing out loud.

Pedroncelli must be Italian for "rocking good time".

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

creekhounds

quality posts: 2 Private Messages creekhounds
ThunderThighs wrote:Pedroncelli must be Italian for "rocking good time".

It is when you're drinking it.

So happy I woke up at 2 a.m. and got in on this one.

tiger7610

Even the bouncing button going to sway me, so hopefully there are people I can buy a few bottles from.

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303
inkycatz wrote:Need some help drinking that delicious wine? I'm sure you'll find no shortage of volunteers...

i don't need any help drinking , i need help to stop buying. since 4/24 ive added 45 bottles to my stash. but i never met a pedroncelli that i didn't like !! infact i think i open one of there zins tonight .

tiger7610

Buying too much wine is a common problem for the wooters. You are in good company.

mommadeb1

bsevern wrote:That only covers the Tuesday night wines . . .

in my house it covers the white wines!

ssufish

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ssufish
tiger7610 wrote:Buying too much wine is a common problem for the wooters. You are in good company.

Buying, and drinking. The bouncing yellow button was too much to resist, in for 1.

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
ThunderThighs wrote:This has been a thoroughly enjoyable thread to read! You had me laughing out loud.

Pedroncelli must be Italian for "rocking good time".

You get the prize!!! I was wondering how long it would take. PM your address and I'll send you a wine key. Pedroncelli is Italian for "Surprise!"

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
PedroncelliFamily wrote:You get the prize!!! I was wondering how long it would take. PM your address and I'll send you a wine key. Pedroncelli is Italian for "Surprise!"

Sorry I dropped out Wooters! I had to go to SF to glad hand our (old school) distributor. They had a tasting with about 2,000 wines present... but I would have had much more fun here.

Thanks for all the nice comments. It's been a pleasure, and please feel free to contact me direct ed@pedroncelli.com or 800-836-3894. The fun doesn't have to end here!