Pedroncelli Sonoma County Mixed Case
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: lunsfordga
Speed to first woot: 1m 1.967s
Last wooter to woot: mikegberg

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
outdoorslife wrote:Well helped it get to 80% sold out. Bought 2…
I have no Pedroncelli in the cellar, so am looking forward to seeing how to fit them in.
This will push us over 400 bottles, and now no more room left on the racks!

PedroncelliFamily - On the Zin - On the "mother" Zin vines, what are you seeing as yields given that they are now 100 yrs old? What the percentage of the old vine Zin in the blend ?

Looking forward to tasting the Merlot too! Look rather interesting especially with the terrior. Is the Bench vineyards yours or someone else's?

The yeild on the oldest vines (100 + years) is very low, and hence a small part of the blend. BUT! We've cloned our vines from those originals, and the average age of the vines now are about 35 years. So, old vines on new roots which aren't so new any more! We crop to about 3-4 tons per acre.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Lets just say this is stupid good pricing.
Merlot $15
Sangiovese $15
Zinfandel $16
Cabernet $19

no kidding! cheers! hope to stop by again soon

"The older I get the better I was"

brianthe111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianthe111

Still looking to split a case in fort worth Texas area!

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 56 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily

Hey Everyone--if the fun ever stops here, you can always send me an email. I'll see if I can hook you up with some "special" deals. ed@pedroncelli.com

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

glad it is still around to be able to get in for one

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Hey Everyone--if the fun ever stops here, you can always send me an email. I'll see if I can hook you up with some "special" deals. ed@pedroncelli.com

I might take you up on that cos I'm pretty sure I'm never going to get the go ahead from my husband on this case!

neilfindswine

quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

smartymarmy wrote:Well you all talked me into my first buy on wine.woot. Apparently I really trust all of you.

We'll see....

...trust is good. ...fall back, we'll catch you (and you get a case of wine as well...)

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

thatheard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages thatheard

Oh great woot admins, please hurry and un-ban my account before this woot is sold out, I promise I'll never complain about missing out on a Barrel of Crops again!

ryall12

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ryall12

Reviews are just too good to pass up.

The price is great so normally my expectations are not too high figuring I would read mixed reviews. But the reviews posted here made this an easy decision even though my two new 32 bottle coolers are full atm...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
thatheard wrote:Oh great woot admins, please hurry and un-ban my account before this woot is sold out, I promise I'll never complain about missing out on a Barrel of Crops again!

Perhaps there's an issue going on with payment? I don't know, but I'd drop service@woot.com a line if you're having purchase issues.

I'm just hanging out, really.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 46 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

We had our last bottle of Boss Monster (Mother Clone) a few weeks ago. It was definitely better a couple years ago. The 2008 Morris Fay Cab on the other hand just keeps getting better, and we're sitting on about a case of that to see how it evolves.

A big personal thank you to Pedroncelli for this screaming deal, as well as the deals in the past.

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Lets just say this is stupid good pricing.
Merlot $15
Sangiovese $15
Zinfandel $16
Cabernet $19

I heard Pedroncelli was Italian for Stupid Good -- Can that be right?

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

roycewoots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roycewoots
losthighwayz wrote:curious as to what wineries are on the agenda? Sonoma, Dry Creek and RRV in particular, is our favorite destination! Jealous

Actually I've never gone tasting in Sonoma before; I often go in Southern California (around Santa Maria/Santa Ynez) but every time I've been up north it's been Napa. Any suggestions as to particular wineries would be welcome. I'm partial to big bold reds - cabs and zins and syrahs especially. My fiancee, on the other hand, loves crisp dry whites.

I may also have to stop in at Pedroncelli to preview what I'll be getting in my sampler case!

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

resisted the pedroncelli until today
the forum thread reviews are as glowing as i remember how scott and kent were discussed a couple years back... figured this would give me a good sample of their wine...

now, can we get this dc/va meet together? i have a lot of wine to drink this summer...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

singlespeed20

quality posts: 1 Private Messages singlespeed20

Quick! Someone suggest a good 12 bottle wine cellar that is reliable but also inexpensive so that I may purchase this case and have room to keep it!

:D

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
pezmaker wrote:Wait wait wait wait.... 2nd Prize was Pedroncelli? then I HAVE had this deliciousness before.

I'm even happier I bought now.

Exactly. 2nd Prize was one of the best QPR's I've had in a long time. These Pedroncelli people have a touch with the red.

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

A Pedroncelli quartet was one of my first woots back in 2008. It was one of the reasons I became a fan of this site. Their shipment came right after a sub-par wine, (but that horse has been beaten to death) I was back to being a convert. I have always been pleased. Many of the people I have recommended to purchase wine on woot have enjoyed their Pedroncelli purchases and specifically commented on the wines.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
roycewoots wrote:Actually I've never gone tasting in Sonoma before; I often go in Southern California (around Santa Maria/Santa Ynez) but every time I've been up north it's been Napa. Any suggestions as to particular wineries would be welcome. I'm partial to big bold reds - cabs and zins and syrahs especially. My fiancee, on the other hand, loves crisp dry whites.

I may also have to stop in at Pedroncelli to preview what I'll be getting in my sampler case!

I got married at the Santa Ines mission and had our reception at Lincourt. We usually visit Foley, Starlane, Foxen, Andrew Murray and Brander. Anyway, I am a big fan of bolder wines as well with Zins and Syrahs being my favorite varietal. Where in Sonoma will you be staying? We usually stay around the Healdsburg area b/c of its proximity to Dry Creek Valley and RRV. If you enjoy bold, jammy, new world style Zins then Dry Creek Valley is the place to be. Wilson, Mazzocco, Dutcher Crossing, Preston, and Bella make bold, new world Zins. Crisp saub Blancs (and Chenin Blanc) can be had at Wilson, Dry Creek, Vineyards, and Dutcher as well. Does your fiance enjoy bubblies? PM me and I can give you a few pointers on great delis, lunch places, etc.

"The older I get the better I was"

mawy

I did it. I caved. I'm going to use the wine as incentive - I can't open a bottle of it til I lose 5lbs. We'll see if this plan works...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
roycewoots wrote:Actually I've never gone tasting in Sonoma before; I often go in Southern California (around Santa Maria/Santa Ynez) but every time I've been up north it's been Napa. Any suggestions as to particular wineries would be welcome. I'm partial to big bold reds - cabs and zins and syrahs especially. My fiancee, on the other hand, loves crisp dry whites.

By all means, stop in there. Also, pay Michel-Schlumberger a visit. South in Sonoma, don't miss Wellington.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
fredrinaldi wrote:In for one plus FREE shipping (thanks Jumbo Woot) $99 bucks for a case of Vino shipped to my front door,..... don't get any better that this.

I forgot about the Jumbo Woot coupon I received....OK, what the heck, I'm in...more wine to store

roobyjen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roobyjen

Okay - bought my first WW deal - now I just need a wine keeper to store it in...!
Woot? How about tomorrow? Gimme' a good one that'll store a case or two!!

roobyjen

mawy wrote:I did it. I caved. I'm going to use the wine as incentive - I can't open a bottle of it til I lose 5lbs. We'll see if this plan works...

Ohh...I like that idea. I think I'll do a 2 lb goal; then I can maybe have one a week; and by the time I finish the case, I'll be at my goal! :-) Great Idea!!

Kainc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kainc

Can't resist Woot Nation. Don't need this. At least I kept my SIMWBM (self imposed MORNING wine buying moratorium) intact.

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda
mawy wrote:I did it. I caved. I'm going to use the wine as incentive - I can't open a bottle of it til I lose 5lbs. We'll see if this plan works...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great idea - Good Luck with that

I guess if I had any real will power, I wouldn't need to lose 30 pds in the 1st place

Lucky for me I found an enabler here at work

I'm in!

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

bsevern

Ed how would you compare your 2009 Morris Fay Vineyard Cab in this case deal to your 2008 Three Vineyards Cab ?

I picked up some magnums of your Three Vineyards via woot and finally opened one about a month ago, and found it to be very good, nice spice, earth, dark fruit, everyone loved it that tried it.

candlesticky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candlesticky

One Must-See is V. Sattui in St Helena. I love that winery strip and have been going to VS since my college days (decades ago!) I bought a case of their '79 Amador County Zinfandel, and have been hooked ever since. Came away with a screaming good Syrah on my last visit. They make a sublime Madeira as well. They do not sell in stores, winery or web only. Happy exploring!

mawy

roobyjen wrote:Ohh...I like that idea. I think I'll do a 2 lb goal; then I can maybe have one a week; and by the time I finish the case, I'll be at my goal! :-) Great Idea!!

I'm thinking 5 for the first and 2 for the rest. Gotta give myself a bit of a boost in the beginning. Besides, I have at least a week or two before it arrives to get started, so maybe I can actually get my rear in gear.

We should totally have a WW dieting support group. Are there any boards for that yet?

bsevern

Figured with the Jumbo woot coupon in play, I had to go for two cases!

Pedroncelli Sonoma County Mixed Case
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: lunsfordga
Speed to first woot: 1m 1.967s
Last wooter to woot: bsevern

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
swim54low wrote:Have been watching wine.woot for some time now and finally today couldn't pass ... first woot ever!

congrat!! a word of warning...this site is addictive!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mawy wrote:I'm thinking 5 for the first and 2 for the rest. Gotta give myself a bit of a boost in the beginning. Besides, I have at least a week or two before it arrives to get started, so maybe I can actually get my rear in gear.

We should totally have a WW dieting support group. Are there any boards for that yet?

Everything But Woot could always use a thread like that! Feel free to start one.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mommadeb1

juxcallmebob wrote:After reading everyone's glowing recommendation - I am in for one. Yeah!!!...My very first wine.woot purchase. Never bought a whole case of wine either. This is gonna be interesting once they wifey finds out.

start thinking of excuses...I mean reasons you "had" to buy.... I tell hubby that everyone here told me to, and I caved to peer pressure!

mommadeb1

PedroncelliFamily wrote:Hey Everyone--if the fun ever stops here, you can always send me an email. I'll see if I can hook you up with some "special" deals. ed@pedroncelli.com

Thanks for all your wonderful participation!! And making such GREAT wine!!!

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
singlespeed20 wrote:Quick! Someone suggest a good 12 bottle wine cellar that is reliable but also inexpensive so that I may purchase this case and have room to keep it!

:D

Don't even bother with a 12-bottler if you're starting to buy from WW. You'll regret that purchase by the time the next Woot-Off hits!

I bought this 60-bottler last year (as have many other folks on here) and it's awesome. Takes up about as little space as you could to hold that many bottles and it's very sturdy. Pricing is great, too!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N40KOO

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
sdilullo wrote:Don't even bother with a 12-bottler if you're starting to buy from WW. You'll regret that purchase by the time the next Woot-Off hits!

I bought this 60-bottler last year (as have many other folks on here) and it's awesome. Takes up about as little space as you could to hold that many bottles and it's very sturdy. Pricing is great, too!

Does anyone know where I can get plans to make a simple wine storage rack? Don't need anything fancy, will be out of sight in cool area of my basement. Right now I am just stacking up cases of wine in the cardboard boxes...need something more efficient. I would love to find plans for stackable wine storage racks. Any ideas???

randysanders

quality posts: 4 Private Messages randysanders

Hey Ed, I swear that I visited a Pedroncelli tasting room in Amador County when I was there. And I'm going back this summer. What gives? By the way, Pedroncelli = Autobuy. And thank you for the fantastic deal!

sdilullo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sdilullo
mrn1 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get plans to make a simple wine storage rack? Don't need anything fancy, will be out of sight in cool area of my basement. Right now I am just stacking up cases of wine in the cardboard boxes...need something more efficient. I would love to find plans for stackable wine storage racks. Any ideas???

You'd be hard-pressed to beat that Oenophilia one for simplicity, but if you're looking for a project...

http://bit.ly/IvpQEp

http://bit.ly/KaDAXD

http://bit.ly/KqXVBU

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 249
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
sdilullo wrote:Don't even bother with a 12-bottler if you're starting to buy from WW. You'll regret that purchase by the time the next Woot-Off hits!

Yup ... I've got one of those and am planning another soon. Easy to mount, sturdy, compact, cheap. I do have some temp control issues, and may have to invest in a good cooler, but for now, this is keeping my stuff still and safe at about 64 F., +/- one degree.

roobyjen

mawy wrote:I'm thinking 5 for the first and 2 for the rest. Gotta give myself a bit of a boost in the beginning. Besides, I have at least a week or two before it arrives to get started, so maybe I can actually get my rear in gear.

Lol...I am IN for that...LMK and I'll join ya! Work it off; reward with wine; work it off, reward with wine. I can SO do that.