luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Oh Boy, ohh!! Boy!!!. What to do.... how good is this wine?, not familiar with pedroncelli.

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

In for one. I have had and enjoyed Pedroncelli a lot! It's quite fabulous!

cclarkeny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cclarkeny

This price is lower than wholesale- unbelievable deal!
Buy many! These are current vintages, not fading closeouts.

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Humm! according to my app. 40% sold out.

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

Thank you PEDRONCELLI!!!!! Autobuy. Autobuy.

I'm going to face the rath of Khan when she checks the CC. The great wall is way too large and although I'm trying a SIWBM, I went crazy during the last WO. Flipped out when I saw I could order two of these...so that will be my out...I ordered restraintly - just one!!!!

For those that don't know PED, great QPR. I put their boxes on the bottom of the great wall so I don't inhale them in a week.

And thanks to WD, but ya gotta help me stay alive!!

mcsnow3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcsnow3

F. Just bought!

woot.

jeffb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jeffb

I've reached the point where wines are standing in line to get into the wine fridge. I'm giving wine to my brother-in-law -- my good-for-nothing brother-in-law, who owes me money! -- so I can make room. I can't afford a second wine fridge, and it's not as if my wife wouldn't notice the thing.
All right, enough venting. In for two. Even if I didn't know how good a deal this was -- the last Pedroncelli mixed case was one satisfying wine after another -- the outpouring of enthusiasm here would convince me.

cyberfrog96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cyberfrog96

Okay, I did it. You guys talked me into it. This is my first wine woot and it sounds like I won't be disappointed.

boatman72

bhodilee wrote:This very well may be the best QPR I've ever seen on this site, and I've been around a long time. Pedroncelli makes excellent wine at full retail, and are great folks to boot. I will probably cave on this by days end. If the wife gets mad I'll just hold up any number of purses that cost way more.uik

I've got the same problem! Best to check that the gun in the purse is unloaded!!! Wonder if WD can include a Coach or other trendy purse with each order. It sure would make wine buying a lot easier for us men.

slbhenery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slbhenery

The comments plus price point plus mmmmm red wine finally won me over. Now I've got a case of red and a case of white coming. Enough! No more awesomely priced cases please. My new house needs a shower and I can't shower very well with wine.

bsummmit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsummmit

Wine.Woot is killing me. The office secretary is going to think I'm a lush. Wait...I am a lush.

boatman72

jeffb wrote:I've reached the point where wines are standing in line to get into the wine fridge. I'm giving wine to my brother-in-law -- my good-for-nothing brother-in-law, who owes me money! -- so I can make room. I can't afford a second wine fridge, and it's not as if my wife wouldn't notice the thing.
All right, enough venting. In for two. Even if I didn't know how good a deal this was -- the last Pedroncelli mixed case was one satisfying wine after another -- the outpouring of enthusiasm here would convince me.

BUY...she can only kill you once!! We're all in the same boat!! No pun intended!

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin

richardhod pretty much nails this, buy many and stash 'em for a year or so. Just now tapping into last years woot and the one common tasting note; 'great QPR, get more'.
And a 2-case max, that really rocks!
Better yet, no price inflation. Well done WD.

CT

rmt0512

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmt0512
bsummmit wrote:Wine.Woot is killing me. The office secretary is going to think I'm a lush. Wait...I am a lush.

Tell me about it! I've got 6 shipments totaling three cases due in the coming weeks. I'm going to start getting looks...

PedroncelliFamily

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
richardhod wrote: Incidentally, I still have the Friends Red T-shirt from the 2010 woot tour!

Rumor has it there's another tour in the works! Hope you'll come see us again!

jdcamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jdcamp

First case buy from woot. I'm normally not this impulsive, but I have been wanting to try this. Come to think of it, first case buy anywhere.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

I'm in for one... have the PS coming from the woot.off, so why not add to the Pedroncelli collection? Hoping for a lull in the irresistable offerings. The AmEx needs a little break. But not today!

PedroncelliFamily

tomsalwasser wrote:We stopped at their tasting room on a trip to the California wine country a few years ago and really enjoyed our visit. Great wines. It's run by a very nice family. All their wines are excellent. Very happy to see this deal on woot!

Clearly I wasn't in the TR that day. You'd have run down the road screaming as if your hair was on fire! It must have been another family member. Could have been my father-in-law. He turned 80 at the end of March, and is still at the winery 7 days a week!

PedroncelliFamily

bhodilee wrote:This very well may be the best QPR I've ever seen on this site, and I've been around a long time. Pedroncelli makes excellent wine at full retail, and are great folks to boot. I will probably cave on this by days end. If the wife gets mad I'll just hold up any number of purses that cost way more.uik

It's dialect thing, but Pedroncelli is actually Italian for "QPR"! Thanks for your nice words, and why don't you just put a bottle IN one of her purses!

gemeinschaft79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gemeinschaft79

Even though I live in FLorida, don't have a temperature contolled wine cellar, and have no more space in my rack, I had to order a case. It was just too good a deal. Now if Woot will just put up a good sized wine fridge . . .

@awriteword

My Cellar

My Blog

PedroncelliFamily

mrn1 wrote:What the heck! My wife is going to kill me when I hit the button. I told her the only thing I am going to buy on Wine Woot is a case of Pedroncelli Sauvignon Blanc. Love it, and need a case for sipping on the patio this summer. And you put this up!

BTW, is was standing in the Pedroncelli tasting room that I first heard of Wine Woot. Told the gent how I had heard of Pedroncelli, and he told me to keep a look out fo their wines on Woot. Wife loved the visit, but regrets that advice!

For those of you not familiar w/ Pedroncelli, hit the button. You will not regret!

Hey! We've met. I don't tell anyone in the TR about the woot offerings. They'll all want to buy at these prices! So, it had to be me!

PedroncelliFamily

rmt0512 wrote:This is just too good of a deal to pass up. And I told myself no more wine for the near future, as I splurged on four deals during the woot-off (including the Pedroncelli PS, my first PS purchase). I don't even have a tracking number for the PS yet, and here I am just begging Pedroncelli to take more of my money. Based on the great reviews here and on CT, this seems like an auto-buy (also my first Sang. purchase). Participation and a free Italian lesson from the winery never hurt either.

Thanks for popping my PS and Sang. grape!

Pedroncelli is Italian for "language teacher"

PedroncelliFamily

philct wrote:Click, don't click... click, don't click... We already clicked on the port last year (?? already last year) and the PS when it came around... Now a mixed case at a huge QPR... Wife will kill me.. click, don't click...

suck it up and click! this will round out your selection.

sdilullo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sdilullo

Bought a case last year. So far we've had all 4 and have finished the Sangiovese. All are in the 84-87 pt range on CT and I'd consider these completely worthy of their <$9/btl pricing.

My brief notes about what we've paired with these so far...

Sangiovese - "Had with lasagna - not great, not terrible." "Not great by itself but paired nicely with pasta in red sauce and garlic bread."

Zinfandel - "Quite tasty - sipped all afternoon and evening, had w/beef and broccoli for dinner."

Cab Sauvignon - "Meat lasagna and garlic bread... yummm!"

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 255
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

gemeinschaft79

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gemeinschaft79

My UPS guy has already made a crack about "more wine deliveries". Now I have two more cases coming. I know I am being put on some lists.

@awriteword

My Cellar

My Blog

PedroncelliFamily

dalylink wrote:I'm debating pushing the large stupid button. I love Pedroncelli (I have since I started drinking wine these many years ago). However Fedex delivered two packages from Woot yesterday and the red side of the basement is fairly full. I might also be severely chastised by darling wife. What to do...

Um, get out the cork screw? And you have a "white end" of the basement? pshaw.

PedroncelliFamily

jsaunde77 wrote:Any chance this is shippable to NJ? The trigger finger, she is itchy.

we are working on it. I would say "next time" but at this rate WD is emptying my warehouse. I may just retire on the beach in Maui!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
gemeinschaft79 wrote:My UPS guy has already made a crack about "more wine deliveries". Now I have two more cases coming. I know I am being put on some lists.

I have it even worse.. all my wine gets shipped to my moms house... the fedex guy asks my mom if I am ok if he hasn't delivered a box of wine to her house!!!

vpetrillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vpetrillo

I would like to see some Organic wine hit the woot deals. Does this ever happen?

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

FML. In for 1.

At least as an engineer I might be able to design a house using all the boxes my wine was sent in......

Now I need to set my parental controls for the web browser to block WW.

EDIT: Now searching the internet for a LARGE wine rack.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

sdilullo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sdilullo
PedroncelliFamily wrote:we are working on it. I would say "next time" but at this rate WD is emptying my warehouse. I may just retire on the beach in Maui!

Mind if we join you? My wife would marry me all over again if I said we're moving to Hawaii!

Photos from our flight around Kauai (I rented a plane) earlier last month - talk about an incredibly beautiful place.

my CT | bottles wooted to date: 255
my flying adventures | a mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you anywhere.

PedroncelliFamily

sdilullo wrote:Mind if we join you? My wife would marry me all over again if I said we're moving to Hawaii!

Photos from our flight around Kauai (I rented a plane) earlier last month - talk about an incredibly beautiful place.

My sister lives in Maui...must visit...must visit!

vyccid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vyccid

Autobuy. Now that I'm in for two anyone on the fence should get on this. Unmatched QPR.

woot bottles: 152

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew

Swore off any more purchases after the recent woot induced wallet blow out. Resisted until this morning and went in for a case!

Edit: just read the rest of the comments:

WOOT - can you bump my order to 2 cases!

(thunderthighs are you out there?)

Thanks!

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Clearly, I have a wine buying problem. I can't believe I am buying this case. Two weeks ago I was someone else. Now I am a guy feverishly checking wine.woot, spending time constructing elaborate justifications about purchasing or not, and worrying about what my FedEx guy thinks about me.

Can the community recommend a good source for a wine fridge? Or a discussion about wine fridges?

One warning sign I noticed is that everywhere I go on the Internets, there are ads for Wine Enthusiast following me around. What have I become.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

The fact that I actually debated this for about 15 seconds....unbelievable. This is an incredible buy...I've never been disappointed with Pedroncelli, and at these prices? Amazing. I'm in!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
PedroncelliFamily wrote:My sister lives in Maui...must visit...must visit!

Sounds like a nice woot gathering place to me.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
blakewoot wrote:Clearly, I have a wine buying problem. I can't believe I am buying this case. Two weeks ago I was someone else. Now I am a guy feverishly checking wine.woot, spending time constructing elaborate justifications about purchasing or not, and worrying about what my FedEx guy thinks about me.

Can the community recommend a good source for a wine fridge? Or a discussion about wine fridges?

One warning sign I noticed is that everywhere I go on the Internets, there are ads for Wine Enthusiast following me around. What have I become.

Wine Cooler Discussion Thread

The general consensus is check Craigslist

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

PedroncelliFamily

North316 wrote:Sounds like a nice woot gathering place to me.

Hmmm. My sister is a vacation property manager...and I know this great little restaurant right on the beach called Mala Beach Tavern... You know I got the first RPM tour started this way!

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
luisifer777 wrote:Oh Boy, ohh!! Boy!!!. What to do.... how good is this wine?, not familiar with pedroncelli.

Great QPR! We've visited Pedroncelli a couple of times. Great people and they make some really great juice! I texted my niece, she's in for two cases. We've got quite a bit of wine in our cellar, so we are going to take one of each off of her hands. I can't wait to see their new tasting room!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast