mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman

A special woot offering from decent folks who produce respectable wines sold at reasonable prices... I gotta get in on this one.

tomsalwasser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomsalwasser

We stopped at their tasting room on a trip to the California wine country a few years ago and really enjoyed our visit. Great wines. It's run by a very nice family. All their wines are excellent. Very happy to see this deal on woot!

ticomike

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ticomike

In for 2. First buy in a looong time. Great deal.

coroa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coroa

Ship to RI and I'm in. ;-)

Hankamer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hankamer

Well I'm in Uganda, Africa right now... but saw this in my email inbox and knew I had to hop on it. Pedroncelli is one of the most consistent and reliably good products you'll find on wine.woot guys.. buy em before its too late.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

This very well may be the best QPR I've ever seen on this site, and I've been around a long time. Pedroncelli makes excellent wine at full retail, and are great folks to boot. I will probably cave on this by days end. If the wife gets mad I'll just hold up any number of purses that cost way more.uik

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

krapfmr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krapfmr

Insanely great deal here. Bought a case in the past, and loved all the wines. Picked up 2 on this deal to help my sis and BIL fill their new wine rack.

gwg66

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gwg66
Hankamer wrote:Well I'm in Uganda, Africa right now... but saw this in my email inbox and knew I had to hop on it. Pedroncelli is one of the most consistent and reliably good products you'll find on wine.woot guys.. buy em before its too late.

Oh, so now we are doing the intergalactic traveler wine.woot from a distance thing? =) Well then, I too saw this and had to 'do it' - in for 2. - I am currently in Dubai, UAE...

Pedroncelli is always a top 5 woot in my book - along with Wine.Woot Stars - Ty, Peter, Kent, and Scott.

Any other traveling wine.woot types to weigh-in?

As always thanks to the winemaker & WD!

rmt0512

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmt0512

This is just too good of a deal to pass up. And I told myself no more wine for the near future, as I splurged on four deals during the woot-off (including the Pedroncelli PS, my first PS purchase). I don't even have a tracking number for the PS yet, and here I am just begging Pedroncelli to take more of my money. Based on the great reviews here and on CT, this seems like an auto-buy (also my first Sang. purchase). Participation and a free Italian lesson from the winery never hurt either.

Thanks for popping my PS and Sang. grape!

troman1056

quality posts: 2 Private Messages troman1056

Love these wines. Was just on looking on the winery web site yesterday because they have not been here for awhile. In for TWO.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

What the heck! My wife is going to kill me when I hit the button. I told her the only thing I am going to buy on Wine Woot is a case of Pedroncelli Sauvignon Blanc. Love it, and need a case for sipping on the patio this summer. And you put this up!

BTW, is was standing in the Pedroncelli tasting room that I first heard of Wine Woot. Told the gent how I had heard of Pedroncelli, and he told me to keep a look out fo their wines on Woot. Wife loved the visit, but regrets that advice!

For those of you not familiar w/ Pedroncelli, hit the button. You will not regret!

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
PedroncelliFamily wrote:In the words of the "Boss Monster" resistance is futile!
:-)

I think I still have 1 or 2 Boss Monsters left. I also had one of your Cabernet's last week and it was really tasty. I'm not big on Sangiovese but I'll go for this anyway!

So I am in for 1.

This is a screaming deal.

bflohl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bflohl

In for the max. Almost never pass up Pedroncelli. Seem like nice people and it's great wine for the price.

Hard to believe that people take months (or years!) to drink up a case of wine.

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

I'm still waiting for the Sirah to ship from 4/25.
Should I be concerned about shipping - i.e. these sitting on a Fedex van for 5 days? We're already about to hit 90 today.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

HuntersMoon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HuntersMoon

The Pedroncelli's are phenomenal people who make phenomenal wine. The cabs stand up against bottlings that cost two to three times as much. I recently tasted their entire lineup at the winery, the QPR is unbelievable. I couldn't be happier with this offering!

irenegade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages irenegade

For those people on the fence because they may not have room for another case or two or three. These will disappear at BBQ's and get-togethers or as part of your rotation quaff!
This deal is a no brainer for the QPR AND the Pedroncelli reputation for consistency honest winemaking and blending.
I don't think you will find a better price currently than with this Woot.
In for 2!

BlackDrez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BlackDrez

I've still got 4 bottles from a previous Woot and came home from a weekend getaway in Santa Fe/Taos area with 2 cases but this is too good a deal to pass up....in for one!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

crap crap crap..... I have to get 1!!! How am I going to explain this to hubby? We leave in about 2 weeks for Vegas.... going to be bringing a case home from there.... and now ordering a case today? Plus the 2 Pedroncelli I ordered during the woot off....... Wine fridges have NO room!! Maybe I can drink more to make room before the shipments come in!!

quit enabling me!!!

philct

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philct

Click, don't click... click, don't click... We already clicked on the port last year (?? already last year) and the PS when it came around... Now a mixed case at a huge QPR... Wife will kill me.. click, don't click...

[img]

marchbanks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marchbanks

The last time this was on wine.woot I ordered a case. As soon as I cracked open a bottle, I instantly regretted it. I should have ordered three. These are really fantastic.

irenegade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages irenegade
bflohl wrote:
Hard to believe that people take months (or years!) to drink up a case of wine.

Same here! Either I drink too much or they don't drink enough. I'd like to think it's the latter.

stayathomedad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stayathomedad

Talk about memories! Pedroncelli--I loved that show! Barry Newman. . .What an actor!

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie

Wow!! That was an easy one. In for two. Eight and a half dollar a bottle if you purchase the max. That is pretty ridiculous. Have always enjoyed everything I have purchased from Pedroncelli, especially the Zins. Can't imagine this case won't be more of the same. And also can't believe that yellow button isn't already bouncing.

meyer22

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meyer22

Holy Schnikes, Wineman! Did WD get the good folks at Pedroncelli drunk before getting this deal? Or does he have compromising pictures of them 'pruning' their vines?

Either way this is an unbelievable deal. Just had one of the 08 Morris Fay Cab's last weekend with an ancho rubbed rib eye. Great wine at a very low price point.

Sign me up for the max...

mommadeb1

philct wrote:Click, don't click... click, don't click... We already clicked on the port last year (?? already last year) and the PS when it came around... Now a mixed case at a huge QPR... Wife will kill me.. click, don't click...

don't worry, both our spouses are going to kill us.... but we will have some fantastic wine to ease our suffering!!!

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal
stayathomedad wrote:Talk about memories! Pedroncelli--I loved that show! Barry Newman. . .What an actor!

Yeah. And that wine movie he starred in -
"Vanishing Pinot."

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

colman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colman

In for a case. Great deal!

Fingers crossed it will ship early next week (moving in two weeks). Otherwise the new owners will have a nice housewarming gift.

mommadeb1

irenegade wrote:Same here! Either I drink too much or they don't drink enough. I'd like to think it's the latter.

the disbelief it takes people that long to drink a case of wine!!! You Drink too much? never!! Great wine is meant to be enjoyed!!! Life is too short not to enjoy great wine!!

gregorylane

quality posts: 15 Private Messages gregorylane
bhodilee wrote:This very well may be the best QPR I've ever seen on this site, and I've been around a long time. Pedroncelli makes excellent wine at full retail, and are great folks to boot. I will probably cave on this by days end. If the wife gets mad I'll just hold up any number of purses that cost way more.uik

Well, if old grumblebutt here is in I guess I can go for this most excellent deal for my birthday on the 14th. Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me~!

There is really no point in trying to explain liberty to people who don't understand what it means.
rpm-2012

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis

Anybody else getting worried about the shipping window...pretty warm just about everywhere along the path now looks like..hmmmm.....

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

It is official. I HATE WineDavid. He is an enabler of the worst sorts. I did so well in March and most of April, bought very little (and unfortunately was sick most of the time so could drink very little), then he started offering all of these amazing deals. Scott Harvey, case of Gard whites, Wellington Cab. That was still ok because it was most of my purchases over a two month span. Then comes the woot-off. I come out of the woot-off with 6 orders and 2.5 cases, only to go to a woot gathering (Scott Harvey dinner) which costs money, gas, etc.

At that point I was out of money, out of space, and if my wife didn't love all of these wines as much as we all do, I would probably be divorced. I vowed that I needed to stop buying for awhile so we could drink down our stash and pay off the credit cards. So what does WD do? He offers Iron Horse. I pass on it all day, trying to have some willpower, but it was all for naught. I caved like we all do. One bottle for our friend's wedding in 3 weeks and 1 for our anniversary in 3 months.

Sign, ok, NOW I am done buying. THEN WHAT DOES WD DO? He offers a damn mixed case of Pedroncelli at a laughably low price. Do I need Zin, heck no, I've got two cases of it. Do I need Cab? Nope, got a case within the last month. Do I need Merlot? Nope, the wife doesn't care for it, but Ed said this drinks like a cab...damn you too Ed! Sangiovese? sigh, I give up.

I hate you WD...end rant.

...re-open rant. And to top it all of, now I need to come up with some money to buy some suitable storage for what is now about 200 bottles of wine. All donations will be gladly accepted.

...officially end of rant.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

gregorylane wrote:Well, if old grumblebutt here is in I guess I can go for this most excellent deal for my birthday on the 14th. Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me~!

What a wonderful Birthday present!! Happy early birthday!!

and I agree if bhodilee is in... you had better get the deal before it is gone!

I missed the mixed case last offering and was kicking myself for it!!
I am surprised it isn't sold out yet!!

dalylink

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dalylink

I'm debating pushing the large stupid button. I love Pedroncelli (I have since I started drinking wine these many years ago). However Fedex delivered two packages from Woot yesterday and the red side of the basement is fairly full. I might also be severely chastised by darling wife. What to do...

jsaunde77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsaunde77

Any chance this is shippable to NJ? The trigger finger, she is itchy.

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie
dalylink wrote:I'm debating pushing the large stupid button. I love Pedroncelli (I have since I started drinking wine these many years ago). However Fedex delivered two packages from Woot yesterday and the red side of the basement is fairly full. I might also be severely chastised by darling wife. What to do...

Push the button. You will not regret it.

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

If this was half a case I could probably swing it, but an overflowing cellar makes for a less than happy wife.

As others have said, just click the big yellow button. You won't regret it.

norvegicus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages norvegicus

wow, best deal in a while. In.

EddyGurge

quality posts: 9 Private Messages EddyGurge

I absolutely destroyed my last Pedroncelli case (might have lasted two weeks). I can't pass up this one.

mommadeb1

dalylink wrote:I'm debating pushing the large stupid button. I love Pedroncelli (I have since I started drinking wine these many years ago). However Fedex delivered two packages from Woot yesterday and the red side of the basement is fairly full. I might also be severely chastised by darling wife. What to do...

just do it!! you will regret it if you miss out!!

mommadeb1

webdev511 wrote:If this was half a case I could probably swing it, but an overflowing cellar makes for a less than happy wife.

As others have said, just click the big yellow button. You won't regret it.

overflowing cellar should not stop you from buying!!!!