+ Add a Comment

WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pedroncelli Sonoma County Mixed Case

Speed to First Woot:
1m 1.000s
First Sucker:
lunsfordga
Last Wooter to Woot:
Petersjr
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 16% of Wine Woots
Top 39% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 0% of Wine Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 5% first woot
  • 4% second woot
  • 22% < 10 woots
  • 25% < 25 woots
  • 44% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 4% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 14% one year old
  • 81% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 91% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

5%
2%
1%
0%
1%
3%
6%
9%
13%
11%
8%
7%
5%
5%
3%
4%
3%
3%
4%
3%
4%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting





Quality Posts



Cesare


quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Pedroncelli Sonoma County Mixed Case
$99.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCTS:
3 2009 Zinfandel, Mother Clone, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
3 2009 Sangiovese, Alto Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
3 2009 Merlot, Bench Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
3 2009 Morris Fay Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, Sonoma County
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
4/25/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily

Welcome all--this is a screaming deal...I'm still screaming from Winedavid twisting my arm!

klezman


quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Welcome all--this is a screaming deal...I'm still screaming from Winedavid twisting my arm!



Seriously! Well done! Now if only I had room for another case of wine...

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

pezmaker


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pezmaker

Sweet Jesus on a tricycle... I've not had Pedroncelli before, I have a wine buying addiction, and wine.woot is my fix.

I must resist... Can't resist.. MUST RESIST.... MAKE ME CLICK THAT GIANT RIDICULOUSLY OVER SIZED BUTTON!!!

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
klezman wrote:Seriously! Well done! Now if only I had room for another case of wine...



It's never a question of more room...you simply need less clothes in the closet, fewer pieces of furniture in the living room (room for a full size wine fridge) you get the point!

smartheart


quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart
klezman wrote:Seriously! Well done! Now if only I had room for another case of wine...



Agreed. Great deal. I'd buy 2 cases but I don't even have room for 1 currently.


"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
pezmaker wrote:Sweet Jesus on a tricycle... I've not had Pedroncelli before, I have a wine buying addiction, and wine.woot is my fix.

I must resist... Can't resist.. MUST RESIST.... MAKE ME CLICK THAT GIANT RIDICULOUSLY OVER SIZED BUTTON!!!



In the words of the "Boss Monster" resistance is futile!

It's understandable that you haven't tried our wines--we're new on the block. Only 85 years in July! :-)

pezmaker


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pezmaker
PedroncelliFamily wrote:In the words of the "Boss Monster" resistance is futile!

It's understandable that you haven't tried our wines--we're new on the block. Only 85 years in July! :-)



No no no, it's my inexperience, not your notoriety. I've seen your wines up prior, and SIWBM won out. I don't think it will this time.

Might have something to do with the home brewed APA i'm drinking. That's a different story.

andyduncan


quality posts: 32 Private Messages andyduncan

This is just a pants-on-head retardedly good deal. Pedroncelli is a great deal at retail prices.

I don't know which grandkid got thrown in the hoosegow that's making the rest of the Pedroncelli clan accept deals like for bail money, but I'm guessing WD has some compromising polaroids*.

blah blah blah, click the damn button.


*Like instagrams, but out of business.

I'm putting WD's kids through college.

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
pezmaker wrote:No no no, it's my inexperience, not your notoriety. I've seen your wines up prior, and SIWBM won out. I don't think it will this time.

Might have something to do with the home brewed APA i'm drinking. That's a different story.



thirsty... you are getting thirsty....

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
andyduncan wrote:This is just a pants-on-head retardedly good deal. Pedroncelli is a great deal at retail prices.

I don't know which grandkid got thrown in the hoosegow that's making the rest of the Pedroncelli clan accept deals like for bail money, but I'm guessing WD has some compromising polaroids*.

blah blah blah, click the damn button.


*Like instagrams, but out of business.


WD is like 6'8" and let's just say I am not! I just find this so dang fun I can't resist when he comes-a-knockin'. He even got me to give pre-release on the Cab. When you get it (cause we all know you will) taste a bottle and put the other two away until next year at this time. I'm drinking the '08 now and it is out of this world!

joannevicious


quality posts: 4 Private Messages joannevicious

Seriously. GREAT deal. These wines are always solid, go-to wines. For less than $10/bottle you can't go wrong. I also am a huge believer in supporting family-owned, family-friendly wineries (my girls love the bocci ball and we already have plans to visit in a few weeks!), but the qpr is seriously unbeatable.

Even though the budget has some SERIOUS issues with this, I HAVE to get a case.

sidebar general tasting notes: in general I find Pedroncelli wines to be nice and quaffable. On the younger side you tend to get hints of oak and fruit, but I am not a fan of fruit bombs and even their Petit Sirah is more temperate than most. Decent acidity and structure tend to be present, keeping the wines from collapsing on your palate. (I realize this is general, but I don't have notes immediately on-hand, and we're talking about four different wines here.)

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Welcome all--this is a screaming deal...I'm still screaming from Winedavid twisting my arm!



Only way I can do this is if all the wines can be cellared for at least 3 years or more. So what are the drinking windows, please?

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I learned my lesson on these Pedoncelli mixed case deals. Buy low, store for a year+ . . . the longer you can hold out, the better the QPR

zzredwing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zzredwing

dammit lol...i already have a growing stash of every variety of wine offered on this deal...still tempted, however...

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
joannevicious wrote:

sidebar general tasting notes: in general I find Pedroncelli wines to be nice and quaffable. On the younger side you tend to get hints of oak and fruit, but I am not a fan of fruit bombs and even their Petit Sirah is more temperate than most. Decent acidity and structure tend to be present, keeping the wines from collapsing on your palate. (I realize this is general, but I don't have notes immediately on-hand, and we're talking about four different wines here.)


So nice when someone "gets it". Pedroncelli is actually Italian for "decent acidity and structure".
Thanks!

zzredwing


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zzredwing
speedoo wrote:Only way I can do this is if all the wines can be cellared for at least 3 years or more. So what are the drinking windows, please?



If the usual rules apply, you want to drink the zin and the merlot within two years. the cab and the sangiovese can probably be stashed for at least two years before even considering popping the cork.

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
speedoo wrote:Only way I can do this is if all the wines can be cellared for at least 3 years or more. So what are the drinking windows, please?



Easily 3 years on the Cab, Sangio, and Merlot. Likely on the Zin too, but it is drinking really nice right now--maybe two years? I recently had an 86 Merlot side by side with the '06. Unbelievably similar. The '86 still had fruit, great balance.

Sangiovese is just released. Our wines develop really nicely in the bottle...push the button! I promise, you'll thank me in three years, or I'll drink them for you!

pezmaker


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pezmaker
PedroncelliFamily wrote:thirsty... you are getting thirsty....



Done. Did it. I couldn't deny myself any longer. I'm going to check this when I getup for work and see if it's already sold out.

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
pezmaker wrote:Done. Did it. I couldn't deny myself any longer. I'm going to check this when I getup for work and see if it's already sold out.



sleep well. I'm about ready to do that too. Was up at 3:15pdt today!

Alison Gail Bixby


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

And just when I was congratulating myself for having survived the Woot-Off with only a box of chocolates on my conscience! This is a deal I can't pass up as I've certainly enjoyed Pedroncelli wines from previous Woots!

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily

We have a great interactive wine and recipe file online Recipes

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
Alison Gail Bixby wrote:And just when I was congratulating myself for having survived the Woot-Off with only a box of chocolates on my conscience! This is a deal I can't pass up as I've certainly enjoyed Pedroncelli wines from previous Woots!



Thanks. We really enjoy offering the wines here. It helps us reach a whole new group of folks! Do you receive our monthly enews? We only send it out once a month...and once in a while we offer a "Winedavid" kind of deal ourselves! Newsletter

Alison Gail Bixby


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

Just signed up. You are a good salesman, Ed. Also enjoying browsing the recipes, but they will have to wait for another day!

Jonscouch2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jonscouch2

I have been wanting an excuse to turn a basement closet into a wine closet. I cant think of a better excuse then a case of wine I need to store for a year or 2.

JoshuaInMN


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaInMN

What Tiny Flowers is with this two-case shipping limit? I want to stretch my $5 in shipping.

Either this turns out awesome, or we've got housewarming/christmas gifts galore for the next few years - or both.

Thanks for the great deal - looking forward to the merlot.

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
Jonscouch2 wrote:I have been wanting an excuse to turn a basement closet into a wine closet. I cant think of a better excuse then a case of wine I need to store for a year or 2.



One case. One case? Really?

46&2


quality posts: 7 Private Messages 46&2

I've taken advantage of a couple of the Pedroncelli deals here, always a great QPR. Just had my last bottle of the 2005 Sangiovese and it was awesome. Tried one of the 2008 Morris Fay cabs I bought about this time last year and it was absolutely bomber. Love their(in my humble opinion)more old world style and approach to wine making.

ablickle


quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle

Well, after at least 2 previous Pedroncelli mixed cases we saw this and auto bought...

Yes we have 30+ bottles coming from the woot off and we are going to Europe for 2 weeks and we have no more storage (180 bottle condo cellar is full) - this deal is too good to pass up.

Just go and hit the stupid yellow button - you won't regret...

Enough said!

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
JoshuaInMN wrote:What Tiny Flowers is with this two-case shipping limit? I want to stretch my $5 in shipping.

Either this turns out awesome, or we've got housewarming/christmas gifts galore for the next few years - or both.

Thanks for the great deal - looking forward to the merlot.



House warming wine you say... check this out friends.red

sdbcmr


quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

Oh, why fight it?

In for one. Only their Monkey 2nd Prize Cab. would be a faster buy.

PedroncelliFamily


quality posts: 62 Private Messages PedroncelliFamily
46&2 wrote:I've taken advantage of a couple of the Pedroncelli deals here, always a great QPR. Just had my last bottle of the 2005 Sangiovese and it was awesome. Tried one of the 2008 Morris Fay cabs I bought about this time last year and it was absolutely bomber. Love their(in my humble opinion)more old world style and approach to wine making.



2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation family working side by side. It's nice to stay in touch with our roots! Thanks for your nice words.

ablickle


quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle
klezman wrote:Seriously! Well done! Now if only I had room for another case of wine...



closet, bath room, kitchen, trunk of your car...

You are overthinking this my friend....

pezmaker


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pezmaker
sdbcmr wrote:Oh, why fight it?

In for one. Only their Monkey 2nd Prize Cab. would be a faster buy.



Wait wait wait wait.... 2nd Prize was Pedroncelli? then I HAVE had this deliciousness before.

I'm even happier I bought now.

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

I managed to get three cases last time, so I'm, well-stocked with the 08s, but this is a cracking deal and I autobought the maximum last time immediately... hence I made like a bandit with 48 bottles!

I'm cellaring the Cab for a while, Zin's finished (a little hot, but great for taking to parties where you want to drink something decent with spicy fruit), the Sangiovese's lovely now, but will definitely keep, and the Syrah is nicely restrained simple northern-Rhone with fruit, but I'm drinking it soon, as it's not got a lot of structure and wasn't better on day two.

This case is Merlot instead of Syrah, and that'll probably age like the Cab as Pedroncelli suggests! Incidentally, I still have the Friends Red T-shirt from the 2010 woot tour!

klezman


quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Richard, you're not making this any easier. Maybe I'll order a case to my SF location instead of LA...then I'd have options! Currently up here I can drink Pinot from Ontario or NZ. Maybe that's the best answer. Let molarchae deal with the storage space issue

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
PedroncelliFamily wrote:Welcome all--this is a screaming deal...I'm still screaming from Winedavid twisting my arm!



Yes, screamin' just like a year ago.... Same price.

Thanks for the drinking window info. In for a case, even though I have not touched last year's case.

blaze1984


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blaze1984

In for one...

On a side note, can we all decide on one label for Wine.Woot.com on Cellar Tracker, I see some people labeling it at Wine.Woot, some wine.woot.com, i personally have it listed as Woot Wine (which makes no sense). Can we all agree on one label please?

baqui63


quality posts: 8 Private Messages baqui63

Now that I'm considering building my own 300+ bottle cooled wine closet (instead of just buying a wine cooler), I guess I could find room for this...

Seriously, though... must not buy. Must. Not. Buy.