sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr
TyCaton wrote:What state?

MD; they charge to register and I believe the registration is in July (?!) but it took us years of email and phone calls to state legislators to get it done, so I'm not complaining about the bureaucratic barriers. Yet.

I've actually "signed up" three CA wineries this year. If you like, I can send you all the stuff I provided to them to facilitate the process.

TyCaton

quality posts: 48 Private Messages TyCaton
eluofthenine wrote:i know this might be a difficult answer to produce but Ty, do you have any info on when these might ship? it's getting painfully close to 80's all the time here and i'm worried it's getting too hot.

I don't know that answer exactly as I don't ship them. But, I will deliver the wine tomorrow and my understanding is it usually ships immediately. The woot team is better equipped to answer that question.

/tycaton/

TyCaton

sdbcmr wrote:MD; they charge to register and I believe the registration is in July (?!) but it took us years of email and phone calls to state legislators to get it done, so I'm not complaining about the bureaucratic barriers. Yet.

I've actually "signed up" three CA wineries this year. If you like, I can send you all the stuff I provided to them to facilitate the process.

I have a permit to ship to MD, not sure why woot won't let you.

/tycaton/

TyCaton

mschauber wrote:Ok, I'll bite.. What does "bramble" taste like?

Bramble refers to a blackberry bramble/patch. Imagine a blackberry patch, late summer which is starting to dry out. It has a spicey, black fruit character.

/tycaton/

synchrodan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages synchrodan
TyCaton wrote:That was the previous vintage, the 2009. Thsi wine comes from a little 2 acrew vineyard out behind my parents house on the west side of Sonoma Valley. We got 1.5 tons and only 117 cases. It's a very nice wine.

Yep... was the 2009. So then, is there much difference between the two vintages in terms of flavor profile? I noticed that the alcohol was higher in the 2010.

sdbcmr

TyCaton wrote:I have a permit to ship to MD, not sure why woot won't let you.

Whoa! That's important info, Ty, thanks.

I'll ask them, unless someone here can tell us. I order Woot wine often and also often have to pass because we're not listed among the "ship to" states on a deal.

Makes me wonder if I've been passing up wines I wanted because of an error at Woot when they're composing the posts ... grrrrr ...

Yoooder

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Yoooder

In for two. That's 20 bottles from this WWO so far that I didn't plan on buying, paying for, or storing.

Now just to drink 20 bottles to free up the space.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
sdbcmr wrote:Whoa! That's important info, Ty, thanks.

I'll ask them, unless someone here can tell us. I order Woot wine often and also often have to pass because we're not listed among the "ship to" states on a deal.

Makes me wonder if I've been passing up wines I wanted because of an error at Woot when they're composing the posts ... grrrrr ...

There were a couple of mistakes in this offers intro holiday dates and Ty's last name spelling stand out. So it's possible other mistakes were made, such as leaving a state off.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

sdbcmr

mschauber wrote:There were a couple of mistakes in this offers intro holiday dates and Ty's last name spelling stand out. So it's possible other mistakes were made, such as leaving a state off.

Aaaaaagggghhhh ...

sdbcmr

sdbcmr wrote:Aaaaaagggghhhh ...

(And I gotta leave my desk ... aaaaaaggghhh again.)

TyCaton

synchrodan wrote:Yep... was the 2009. So then, is there much difference between the two vintages in terms of flavor profile? I noticed that the alcohol was higher in the 2010.

They are very similar, I prefer this vintage over the 2010 personally but the 09 was also liked. My very favorite was the first vitnage off the vineyard, the 2008

/tycaton/

sdbcmr

Just checked and MD was included in the ship list for your earlier offering of Merlot ... so I don't know what to think.

Jeeze.

And when I think of all the times I didn't order a wine offering because we weren't listed ... oh, never mind.

renae78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renae78
mschauber wrote:Looks like this offer was meant for after Mother's day but before Father's day. Maybe WW needed a filler for the poorly selling wine holder....

The write, despite the already pointed out typo, sound really delicious (I think that's the technical term for a tasty wine?) But for me the price is just too high. Given all the people that have Ty on their autobuy list, I would think this should sell out really fast.

I'm in the same boat. I do love TC wines, and have only a few bottles left, but I just can't force myself to put down $30/bottle.

naenae

mschauber

@TyCaton
Any chance of seeing TyTanium on woot in the near future? Of all the wines discussed and requested by wooters, it's the one I am most interested in trying...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

TyCaton

TyCaton wrote:They are very similar, I prefer this vintage over the 2010 personally but the 09 was also liked. My very favorite was the first vitnage off the vineyard, the 2008

I mis-typed. Favorite PV vintage 2008, followed by this offering the 2010. The 2009 was my least favorite, but some others favorites.

/tycaton/

TyCaton

mschauber wrote:@TyCaton
Any chance of seeing TyTanium on woot in the near future? Of all the wines discussed and requested by wooters, it's the one I am most interested in trying...

we'll need to start a campaign lobbying WD and GD for a Tytanium woot!

/tycaton/

mschauber

renae78 wrote:I'm in the same boat. I do love TC wines, and have only a few bottles left, but I just can't force myself to put down $30/bottle.

That's where I was about 10 mins ago and then this just wasn't selling. I was counting on a fast sellout to keep me from the temptation. So I caved and went in for one.

I will NOT buy anymore during this WO, well except for my short list of autobuys, of course ;)

--
My CT

kphelm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kphelm
TyCaton wrote:we'll need to start a campaign lobbying WD and GD for a Tytanium woot!

I can only assume that would be one of the fastest selling Wine Woots of all time. The campaign has my support!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
TyCaton wrote:Bramble refers to a blackberry bramble/patch. Imagine a blackberry patch, late summer which is starting to dry out. It has a spicey, black fruit character.

Agreed: definitely blackberries, at least in England. It's the plant, not its spikiness that brambles refers to in my world at least!

also PV is the brambliest wine I know. I've tried Peter Wellington's, the Bell PV dfrom woot, and maybe a couple of others at wineries. Blackberries described it perfectly, along with inkiness and a great, but hollow weight! It's big, but has no centre, which the Cabernets and merlots provide that in blends. Enjoy its magnificence, and definitely age it a couple of years or so more. I haven't worked out what to pair with Petit Verdot yet. Anyone got any brilliant pairing insights for pure varietal PV?

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

well i was on the fence but i clicked, mostly so that the people who are patiently waiting for the next item would feel some relief as the little bar goes down

as far as food pairing i found this: "Due to the rigid tannin structure and concentrated nature of this wine, foods with plenty of weight, protein and fat are your best bets. Consider rich cuts of red meat, well-aged cheese (like Stilton) or wild game."

http://wine.about.com/od/vineyardvocab/g/Petit-Verdot.htm

mschauber

TyCaton wrote:we'll need to start a campaign lobbying WD and GD for a Tytanium woot!

Done.

Vote Here!

--
My CT

mschauber

Was the internet turned off in the west? A look at the purchase map shows an almost all black west...

--
My CT

hillig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hillig
mschauber wrote:Was the internet turned off in the west?

No, we're still up and running. You do know the Internet lives in a big black box at Google right?

Like the offering, $30/bottle is a bit steep for a varietal with which I am not overly familiar.

mschauber

hillig wrote:No, we're still up and running. You do know the Internet lives in a big black box at Google right?

Like the offering, $30/bottle is a bit steep for a varietal with which I am not overly familiar.

And you do know that black boxes are actually orange, right? lol.. And, if that was true, my Google shares would have made me a lot more money by now ;)

Agree that $30/bot is high, just surprised given how many people constantly say that TC is an autobuy. Really expected this to sell out very fast, yet we're sitting here with still 30% left.

--
My CT

hillig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hillig
mschauber wrote:just surprised given how many people constantly say that TC is an autobuy.

If Ty's name weren't on it, I would never have ever considered $30/bottle PV, so it does help some.

mbmiche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mbmiche

Someone earlier mentioned the Ty's Red (2009)-One of my favorite easy drinking blends. any chance of seeing more? In for one.

dontwanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dontwanna

I have never been disappointed by any of Ty's wines I have wooted. Always worth the cash imho...

kphelm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kphelm

Honestly, we had Kent's PV several years ago and we strongly disliked it. It was SO tannic; it was like drinking blood. It was one of the only wines I've ever poured out.

A couple of months ago, I had another PV from another winery (St Supery?) and enjoyed it, much to my surprise. It was the exact opposite of Kent's; this was velvety and smooth.

I would have never spent this much on PV but I went in for 2 b/c it's Ty...

sdbcmr

OK, Ty ... here's woot's (very prompt) answer:
" "We" ain't shipping jack. Wine.Woot is an advertising platform that connects consumers like you to wineries that want to sell their products directly to consumers. The wineries do the actual selling and shipping, and each winery operates under its own peculiar web of permits and statutes. So each Wine.Woot deal is posted with its own specific list of approved states. Be sure to check that list for details. If your state’s not on the list, no wine for you!

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Amber"

So I'm still scratching my head.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

For those mentioning the price as an issue. We are somewhat spoiled here on Wine Woot. The PV that I mentioned having tasted a year or so ago that we really really liked, so much that we've been asking about PV at tastings ever since, was listed at $55. There were only 50 cases of that one made and the cheapest I've seen it at (though it is sold out) was $45 (plus tax and shipping of course). We haven't tasted this PV of course, and an "auto-buy" is not my way of purchasing, but for something "different" this seemed to me like a good chance to take.

Oh, and I was the one asking for more of the Ty's Red 2009 (we tasted it at the tasting room a week after bottling and were very pleased when it was on Woot). That was so tasty.

renae78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renae78
kphelm wrote:I can only assume that would be one of the fastest selling Wine Woots of all time. The campaign has my support!

Here here! Count me in as a supporter too!

naenae

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Got me a sellout I did.

CT

richardhod

kphelm wrote:Honestly, we had Kent's PV several years ago and we strongly disliked it. It was SO tannic; it was like drinking blood. It was one of the only wines I've ever poured out.

A couple of months ago, I had another PV from another winery (St Supery?) and enjoyed it, much to my surprise. It was the exact opposite of Kent's; this was velvety and smooth.

I would have never spent this much on PV but I went in for 2 b/c it's Ty...

Kent Rasmussen's probably needed some years or dacades of ageing! This, more like 3 years. Different styles :D

richardhod

sdbcmr wrote:OK, Ty ... here's woot's (very prompt) answer:
" "We" ain't shipping jack. Wine.Woot is an advertising platform that connects consumers like you to wineries that want to sell their products directly to consumers. The wineries do the actual selling and shipping, and each winery operates under its own peculiar web of permits and statutes. So each Wine.Woot deal is posted with its own specific list of approved states. Be sure to check that list for details. If your state’s not on the list, no wine for you!

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Amber"

So I'm still scratching my head.

woot help is often just wootmonkeys. helpful, but not grinding the actual wine organ. if you want real answers, WD and the other "insiders" are the ones who know. This is a problem sometimes.

the wine is shipped by the wineries usign their licences, via WD, who is merely labelling it, which is presumably how it works legally.
Tell the monkeys to update their database of which states Ty can ship to, and to read the damn boards where ty said he could ship to. I sense a process error here.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
richardhod wrote:woot help is often just wootmonkeys. helpful, but not grinding the actual wine organ. if you want real answers, WD and the other "insiders" are the ones who know. This is a problem sometimes.

the wine is shipped by the wineries usign their licences, via WD, who is merely labelling it, which is presumably how it works legally.
Tell the monkeys to update their database of which states Ty can ship to, and to read the damn boards where ty said he could ship to. I sense a process error here.

I'll make sure the feedback gets sent on but I don't push the levers.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kyber944

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kyber944

I am presently enjoying this wine. Someone mentioned it is "hollow" and I would say that describes the beginning, but the end of the wine is very robust, fruity, and really stays on your tongue. This was very enjoyable and unique.