PRODUCT: 6 2007 Central Coast Cabernet Franc
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
9/2/11

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

webdev511

quality posts: 37 Private Messages webdev511

In for one! and first sucker to boot. Yum!

ahwrenn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ahwrenn

No Maryland???

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!!!

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive

I know a few wooters have been begging for a cab franc. so since that works I'm begging for some more Dusi Zin!

cabernetharpo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cabernetharpo
sdfreedive wrote:I know a few wooters have been begging for a cab franc. so since that works I'm begging for some more Dusi Zin!

Second that motion!

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
sdfreedive wrote:I know a few wooters have been begging for a cab franc. so since that works I'm begging for some more Dusi Zin!

Yep, wasn't expecting it to show up during the woot-off though, glad I checked one last time before heading out for dinner. I would have been kicking myself if I had missed it!

Thanks, neil!

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

As long as we're begging, how about some '06 Jana Cathedral and/or '10 Angel Eis ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

[quote postid="4966170" user="chipgreen"]Yep, wasn't expecting it to show up during the woot-off though, glad I checked one last time before heading out for dinner. I would have been kicking myself if I had missed it!

Thanks, neil![/quote

how would you describe this wine? what is your opinion on qpr? food or sipper? Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Yep, wasn't expecting it to show up during the woot-off though, glad I checked one last time before heading out for dinner. I would have been kicking myself if I had missed it!

Thanks, neil!

I purchases based on your recommendation/want for this. Can't go wrong for less than $10 per bottle shipped. If I don't like it I can trade with you in the future haha.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

losthighwayz

can someone who's had this give feedback on it? notes? thanks

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
losthighwayz wrote:can someone who's had this give feedback on it? notes? thanks

CT has about 10 tasting notes and 23 ratings.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

got 2 stars on CT...

mschauber

When does WD start warm weather shipping?

A few recent orders have sat in FedEx trucks over very hot weekends before they were delivered.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

candlesticky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages candlesticky
losthighwayz wrote:[quote postid="4966170" user="chipgreen"]Yep, wasn't expecting it to show up during the woot-off though, glad I checked one last time before heading out for dinner. I would have been kicking myself if I had missed it!

Thanks, neil![/quote

how would you describe this wine? what is your opinion on qpr? food or sipper? Thanks

Both, but I found myself using this as my go-to sipper in the evening. Smooth, but kicky, I did not tire of it as I do with some. When I last bought it the w-wooters were describing green pepper as a cab-franc characteristic, I did not get that, but a bit peppery and organic. Love it, in for 2

ablickle

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle

[quote

how would you describe this wine? what is your opinion on qpr? food or sipper? Thanks[/quote]

We noted it to be both good with dinner as well as good sipping wine. We don't get too fancy in our notes, but this was labeled an autobuy. Fortunately my wife already clicked the button before I even saw it was up...

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

chipgreen wrote:Yep, wasn't expecting it to show up during the woot-off though, glad I checked one last time before heading out for dinner. I would have been kicking myself if I had missed it!

Thanks, neil!

...thank WineDavid for this one... Enjoy!

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

losthighwayz

candlesticky wrote:Both, but I found myself using this as my go-to sipper in the evening. Smooth, but kicky, I did not tire of it as I do with some. When I last bought it the w-wooters were describing green pepper as a cab-franc characteristic, I did not get that, but a bit peppery and organic. Love it, in for 2

thanks in for one and hoping no green pepper (not a fan)

toddlamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddlamp

Damn, no Maryland FTL.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Last time it was offered a lab rat definitely recommended food:

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4615901&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=90#post4615907

I've not had this Cab Franc, but in general like Hahn wines at their woot price point.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
candlesticky wrote:....Love it, in for 2

Same here. Just thinking nostalgically about this wine the other day. A very nice Cab Franc. Getting more of it makes up (somewhat) for missing out on the crap.

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04

My spouse and I rarely like the same wine and we both love this Cab Franc. Easy to drink and not hot.

He likes a Malbec and I prefer a spicy jammy Zin.

I know that doesn't help you much without specific notes but it has been a while since we opened a bottle. We have ONE bottle left from a previous woot offering.

Cab Franc is generally a blending wine and somewhat rare to find a bottle of just Cab Franc. We generally have a glass of wine after dinner so I can't help with food pairings either.

I'd open a bottle to give notes, but I just opened a bottle of the JR Richards Old Vine Zin in case it was in the woot off. (I find that wine less jammy and way hot compared to other old vine zins I've had)

In for two!

J

jelliott04

OH, and I want to add my request to the list of people who want the J Dusi Zin / Port if anyone is counting.

J

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:can someone who's had this give feedback on it? notes? thanks

Contrary to the CT notes, I found this a bit tight on the first day, but opening up nicely on the second.

CT

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

As long as we are putting out wish lists... how about bringing Blue Nomad & Sue back along with Judd & Jim from Humanitas? Good stuff and always great for the forums!

szecsei

quality posts: 8 Private Messages szecsei

Bought this at the last offer. Thought it was OK the first time. Thought it was better the second time. Good wine for the price...liked the meeker cab franc better, but that is just me. I've served the Hahn cab franc at dinner parties and my friends enjoyed it. I would buy it again if I had room...now I'm selectively buying Harvey, Wellington and meeker offers...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mschauber wrote:When does WD start warm weather shipping?

A few recent orders have sat in FedEx trucks over very hot weekends before they were delivered.

Oh no! If this is affecting your wine in bad ways please contact service@woot.com.

Thank you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

surprisingwoman

quality posts: 10 Private Messages surprisingwoman

I ordered this last time and enjoyed it a lot. It is $15 in our state liquor store here and if I still had a Texas connection to ship it to I would be all over this.

I do like bolder wines though.

I thought this was great and I am thinking of having it sent to my Texas connection and having them cellar it for me until I can make a trip south.

For under $10 a bottle????

Fantastic. Really, really nice.

bryte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bryte
surprisingwoman wrote:I ordered this last time and enjoyed it a lot. It is $15 in our state liquor store here and if I still had a Texas connection to ship it to I would be all over this.

I do like bolder wines though.

I thought this was great and I am thinking of having it sent to my Texas connection and having them cellar it for me until I can make a trip south.

For under $10 a bottle????

Fantastic. Really, really nice.

Where are you? I'm in North DFW and just placed an order for one.

mschauber

inkycatz wrote:Oh no! If this is affecting your wine in bad ways please contact service@woot.com.

Thank you!

Thanks for letting me know.

It's hard to know since they weren't wines I was planning on opening right away. Plus allergies have taken their toll on my taste buds this year, so I haven't been opening any thing other than sub $10 bottles..

--
My CT

magspie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magspie

I got the last one! That's the first time I've done that. Great way to celebrate getting a Bunnies Ogling Carrots

losthighwayz

jelliott04 wrote:My spouse and I rarely like the same wine and we both love this Cab Franc. Easy to drink and not hot.

He likes a Malbec and I prefer a spicy jammy Zin.

I know that doesn't help you much without specific notes but it has been a while since we opened a bottle. We have ONE bottle left from a previous woot offering.

Cab Franc is generally a blending wine and somewhat rare to find a bottle of just Cab Franc. We generally have a glass of wine after dinner so I can't help with food pairings either.

I'd open a bottle to give notes, but I just opened a bottle of the JR Richards Old Vine Zin in case it was in the woot off. (I find that wine less jammy and way hot compared to other old vine zins I've had)

In for two!

J

sure does! Thanks. I alos opened the JR Zin and liked it but was not wowed...I detected a bit too much oak, heat, and not enough jamminess.

jelliott04

losthighwayz wrote:sure does! Thanks. I alos opened the JR Zin and liked it but was not wowed...I detected a bit too much oak, heat, and not enough jamminess.

Yes, I agree with you. I'm not sorry I bought it, but also not sure I'd get it again. It isn't bad but it isn't great. Or maybe just not what I expected out of "old vine".

J

tanios

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios

I LOVE THIS WINE. No, seriously, one of my favorites. The only thing stopping me from consuming the bottles I have already faster is the fact that it's difficult at best to acquire here on the east coast. I've been waiting ages, hounding woot hoping that they would have it available again, and then I miss it. Curse my rotten luck. Oh Woot! gods, please hear my prayer and bring back Hahn Cab Franc for my (and my Mrs.') drinking pleasure.

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

I really liked JR Old Vine. Decanted for an hour after the first taste. Cured the heat.....

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

mschauber wrote:When does WD start warm weather shipping?

Sorry for the warm wine. We're not exactly sure when summer shipping will start, but rest assured that we'll keep everyone updated when we know for sure.

InFrom

InFrom wrote:Same here. Just thinking nostalgically about this wine the other day. A very nice Cab Franc. Getting more of it makes up (somewhat) for missing out on the crap.

Now I'm worried that I'm just as unlucky getting this wine as I was getting the crap. I just checked my account and this order isn't in there, nor did I receive a confirmation e-mail. I emailed woot service, but I'm bummed at the moment.

Anybody else experience this?

InFrom

InFrom wrote:Now I'm worried that I'm just as unlucky getting this wine as I was getting the crap. I just checked my account and this order isn't in there, nor did I receive a confirmation e-mail. I emailed woot service, but I'm bummed at the moment.

Anybody else experience this?

So, Service told me I'm SOL, there's no record of my order, but keep checking back, maybe someday it will come around again. (Gee, thanks!)

Anybody know -- was this the last of this vintage?

lowspeed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lowspeed

This is a really bad wine.

I'm so disappointed. Couldn't even finish a glass worth.