McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

I have not visited your tasting room nor tried your pinots. If you can comment, how is this offering style-wise compared to D' Alfonso's (Sta. Rita Hills) pinots? I served some 06 "Badge" last night with Crown Roast Pork. TIA

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

agree with comments about the tasting room being a huge influence on the wine. What we taste in wine is often influenced by outside factors such as descriptors and prior experiences with the atsting room (unlike other alcoholic beverages). Hence, a bad exprience at a tasting room is a BIG factor on ,my decision to purchase wine form a particular producer, no matter how great their wine. Wife and I belong to a few wine clubs whose wineries bring fond memories although the wines are not the best (ythouigh not bad either!). If I go out of my way to search a tasting room I heard about trhrough WW then I am hoping I get treated nicely and respectfully. If not, then never again.

"The older I get the better I was"

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Etienne thanks for joining us on Easter Sunday!

What are your thoughts on cellaring these? Are they drink now wines, or will they develop and evolve into something better with cellar time? If so, any thoughts on when they will hit their peak?

summerlandlove

quality posts: 3 Private Messages summerlandlove
eluofthenine wrote:well seeing as in it's coming to the end of the wine shipping season for me, i do find myself coming back to this despite the bad press initially. i am always looking for a good deal on a "black tie" wine, and this seems pretty good. both wines are $40 on the winery website, so $50 for two shipped is a nice discount. the ct writeup for each is extremely limited, so i'm not sure on the quality of these wines. also when i buy a wine like this i usually put it away and so drinking window is always a question. i like wines that will keep in the 5-7 year window and for pn, this seems to be a little more difficult to find usually.

so can etienne tell us more on the projected window??

The wines have high acidity wich helps with bottle aging. I hate to put a number on the longevity of the wines since they are living in the bottle and evolving. If you have tasted my 2002 and 2003 vintage Pinot noirs lately, they are excellent. As well made wines ages they turn into something seamless and lovely. I would go beyond the 5 year mark for sure.
Enjoy,
Etienne

summerlandlove

McMalbec wrote:I have not visited your tasting room nor tried your pinots. If you can comment, how is this offering style-wise compared to D' Alfonso's (Sta. Rita Hills) pinots? I served some 06 "Badge" last night with Crown Roast Pork. TIA

I havent had Bruno's wines in a while.I know I have enjoyed them in the past though.

Etienne

summerlandlove

Good night everybody! It was fun and an eye opener.

Cheers,

Etienne