mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

2007 Ortman Cuvee Eddy I only have 1 bottle left.... sigh.....

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

2009 Naked Oh! Orgasmic Nebbiolo.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Finishing off a 2003 Moon Mountain Syrah I opened the other day. Filter! It's thick down there.

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

2006 Scott Harvey's Inzinerator. I think one of my last bottles. Maybe if I'm lucky I will have one more left.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

2006 tallulah bald mountain ranch syrah

Well concentrated black and blueberries upon the first pour. Got more earthy and brambly as it opened. Tasty stuff.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bkarlan

Finishing off my 09 Nebbiolo

Ron, my 02 MM Syrah had a good deal of sediment

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

mommadeb1

twisted - tempranillio (yes, I know it is aspelled wrong, I'm to lazy to get up and get the spelling)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Just finished Stone Vertical Epic Ale 11 11 11

Decanting 2006 San Roman Toro

My first bottle. Very excited. Sharing with my best friend.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Just finished Stone Vertical Epic Ale 11 11 11

Decanting 2006 San Roman Toro

My first bottle. Very excited. Sharing with my best friend.

WELL?????

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

2012 Summit IPA.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Wine with smoke taint that has been run through reverse osmosis. not bad actually.

have a good night.

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

Getting a bit of a late start here on the E Coast. I'm letting a bottle of that White Oak Cab air out a bit in the decanter, looking forward to kicking off the evening's festivities. Let the weekend begin!

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:WELL?????

Delicious with steak with Gorgonzola melted on top. RICH and delicious.

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

The end of a 4 day open (recorked) bottle of Twisted Oak 2007 Petite Sirah. It's finally come into its own, too! Yum!

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

Just finished some Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (whiskey aged in Ruby Port casks). Now, Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout from July 2008.

I love having my best friend over. He's an excuse to open everything.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

kylemittskus wrote:Just finished some Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (whiskey aged in Ruby Port casks). Now, Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout from July 2008.

well spotted kylemittskus. Enjoy.

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:Just finished some Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (whiskey aged in Ruby Port casks). Now, Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout from July 2008.

The Quinta Ruban is tasty stuff, iirc. Try the Nectar d'Or if you get a chance...aged in Sauternes barriques.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

Gilbert cellars Left Bank
Seemed appropriate being up in Washington with my brother for the weekend.

CT

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:The Quinta Ruban is tasty stuff, iirc. Try the Nectar d'Or if you get a chance...aged in Sauternes barriques.

I have that sitting on my bar also. That's the next bottle that's getting opened.

beefytaco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beefytaco

Last night was a date night at home with a roast chicken, and we decided to have an "educational" wine night to go along with it.

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=326314 12yr White Burg from Garagiste was actually quite nice. Not much fruit beyond some faint green apple. A lot of nuts, some hints of caramel. Fell apart after about 3hrs.
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1150080 Holy shnit - this was intense. Minerally, intense Menuier vintage bubbles that didn't neccesarily compliment the chicken, but was layered, and had a finish that lasted for minutes. Not a champagne for every day, but definitely a learning experience that I'm glad that I got to participate in.

___
I have two accounts- this 'anonymous' username for commenting, as well as a 'purchasing' account which is my real name. Apologies for the white box on the left.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure- I'm ITB, selling wine for a living. None of my wines have ever been featured on Woot though, so don't fear the shilling.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Popped a bottle of the 07 Rockus Bockus a little bit ago. Probably not a good pairing with the salmon I am going to cook, but it might hold up since salmon is high in fat.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Attempting to make "cabernet burgers" on my girlfriend's charcoal grill. There is cabernet sauvignon mixed into the meat as well as in a glaze that goes on during grilling.

I'm thinking of pairing with a J. Rickards Zin from woot after I finish off the Cab that was used in the burgers (Solovino Cab from WTSO)

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

mommadeb1

2009 thumbprint Four play..... yummmm!!!!

otolith

Had a 2000 Penfold's Grange tonight! What an incredible bottle of wine. Had several other bottles that were delicious as well.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

The end of a bottle of Glenfarclas 17. Yum. Finish evolved for a good few minutes.

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim

I just looked at the route I'll be driving - with 2 cats - a the end of this month. I'm not sure what I'm drinking tonight, but I'll need a lot of it.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

Pikes IPA at Anthony's seafood at the seatac airport with fish and chips. First real meal of the day after my bros Bach. Party.

Hopefully I'll get some sleep tonight since I'm currently on hour 32.

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Just boarded Air France flight #83, should be interesting to see what wine they offer...

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

2002 Corison cab with grilled burgers and corn.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
klezman wrote:The Quinta Ruban is tasty stuff, iirc. Try the Nectar d'Or if you get a chance...aged in Sauternes barriques.

The Nectar d'Or is fabulous. I had a wee dram last night.

Grab a bottle of the Artein, if you can. It's excellent, too. ("an intriguing 15 Years Old Glenmorangie, extra
matured in 'Super Tuscan' wine casks")

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

klezman

Tonight is Kathryn Kennedy 2007 Small Lot Cab to go along with Prime steaks to inaugurate my new bbq.

kylemittskus

karenhynes wrote:The Nectar d'Or is fabulous. I had a wee dram last night.

Grab a bottle of the Artein, if you can. It's excellent, too. ("an intriguing 15 Years Old Glenmorangie, extra

I have a feeling I will like the Nectar better. I enjoyed the Ruban a lot, but I'm more on the caramel/white fruit side than the berry side in fruit-accented whiskey.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
karenhynes wrote:The Nectar d'Or is fabulous. I had a wee dram last night.

Where are you folks sourcing this? BevMo here has it, but pricy. Applejack has it, but packing and shipping pretty much kills off their discount. Enjoy my Lagaluvin, but this is sounding pretty tasty.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Where are you folks sourcing this? BevMo here has it, but pricy. Applejack has it, but packing and shipping pretty much kills off their discount. Enjoy my Lagaluvin, but this is sounding pretty tasty.

BevMo. Drink for drink, cheaper than wine any day (since you drink so much less of it).

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Had a 2000 Penfold's Grange tonight! What an incredible bottle of wine. Had several other bottles that were delicious as well.

You opened that Grange! I almost drooled when you showed me that bottle.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bkarlan

04 Tapestry Shiraz - AWESOME

Glad I have 2.5 more bottles, but sad only have 2.5 more bottles

otolith

coynedj wrote:You opened that Grange! I almost drooled when you showed me that bottle.

It was AWESOME! A lot of sediment in the bottle, but very fresh and vibrant and luscious. I shared it with 2 other couples, and we all enjoyed it. I was very surprised at how good it was.

--John Muir

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows

Tonight I had the Taittinger Brut Prélude Grand Crus Champagne NV. Very nice..

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

kylemittskus

Root 1 Chardonnay when I get home with wonton soup after another very long day at work. And I've got nothing but long days ahead.

bkarlan

otolith wrote:Had a 2000 Penfold's Grange tonight! What an incredible bottle of wine. Had several other bottles that were delicious as well.

WOW! What a bottle.

Also, best of luck at the Warrior Dash. We just had ours down here in Albuquerque. It was a beast, but over $1 Million went to St. Judes.