kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis
tytiger58 wrote:2010 François Gaunoux Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Mouches just a nice easy drinking inexpensive burg.

That a WTSO bottle? Think I have some.

Of course I could look ...

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kaolis wrote:That a WTSO bottle? Think I have some.

Of course I could look ...

Consider yourself lucky if you do! I only have one left

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
tytiger58 wrote:CT is wrong..shocking I know this bottle is delicious.

Whenever I look at the drinking window on CT, I click "edit" (old CT platform, on the new platform click the actual dates) to see how many users contributed to the average. In this case, 2 users suggested 2015 as the earliest and 1 user suggested that it will cellar until 2030. Not exactly a consensus.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

2004 Wellington Victory. Still has to be one of the best wines I have ever had. Still has great fruit, velvety smooth. And I have another bottle. I tried to convince SWMBO that she didn't like it. She had none of that.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

2007 Scott Harvey Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, it's in a good place right now (love the dark chocolate notes!) drinking very nicely.

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
bsevern wrote:2007 Scott Harvey Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, it's in a good place right now (love the dark chocolate notes!) drinking very nicely.

How the heck did you get one of those already?!

I'm drinking 2009 Pedroncelli Block 007 Estate Vineyard Cab. In a decent place.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Had some Pedroncelli 2008 DCV alto Sangio the other day,
also some DuNah Tre Cuvée Chard.
Printed label said 2007, but it was scratched out and 2008 written in. Interesting enought I just got under the wire on the plus offer.

CT

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

2010 Domaine de Saint Siffrein CdP.
A garagiste selection. I really like this winery!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20

WC 2nd monkey prize
Fjellene 10' Syrah
And a mystery white.

CT

bsevern

Pedroncelli night.....2009 Morris Fay Vineyard Alexander Valley cab, and 2009 DCV Alto Vineyards Sangiovese.

Pretty good juice once it opens up!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:2010 Domaine de Saint Siffrein CdP.
A garagiste selection. I really like this winery!

I am also a fan of that winery. They're one of my Garagiste autobuys, along with the Chavannes Cuvee des Ambassades.

Tonight was a Pinot Noir Rose from Sonoma. Winery escaping me at the moment, but they share production/tasting space with Inspiration.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kaolis

cortot20 wrote:WC 2nd monkey prize
Fjellene 10' Syrah
And a mystery white.

How was the syrah? I had the malbec and really enjoyed it with the ribeye. Enough tannin and structure to play nice with the fat in the meat. Not deep and brooding though, kind of light on its feet at least as far as malbec goes, or can.

cortot20

kaolis wrote:How was the syrah? I had the malbec and really enjoyed it with the ribeye. Enough tannin and structure to play nice with the fat in the meat. Not deep and brooding though, kind of light on its feet at least as far as malbec goes, or can.

I don't know if the Syrah needed more air or the fact that I had my glass after dessert but it seemed very dark and meaty on the nose but overly tart on the palate. As it opened up i got a lot of black cherry and some floral aspect on the nose that made it more enjoyable. I saved a 375s worth so I'll try it again in a couple days. Glad to hear you liked the Malbec and I look toward to trying it some night.

Based on the Syrah I decided the QPR did not wow me so I passed on yesterday's offer. Of course today's Wellington offer at roughly the same bottle price might be a go since I didn't go in yesterday. WD mentioned we won't see fjellene wines again for awhile so if like the other bottles there is a chance I will get another chance at those.

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:WD mentioned we won't see fjellene wines again for awhile so if like the other bottles there is a chance I will get another chance at those.

I hope your take is the correct one; mine was 'a long while', as perhaps not at all.

CT

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:I hope your take is the correct one; mine was 'a long while', as perhaps not at all.

Well, it didn't sell out so a small lot may show up in woot- off.

CT

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

1997 Geyser Peak Block Collection Cabernet Sauvignon before dinner, and 2006 Masi Mazzano Amarone with a pesto pasta dish for dinner. Damn!

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
klezman wrote:I am also a fan of that winery. They're one of my Garagiste autobuys, along with the Chavannes Cuvee des Ambassades.

Tonight was a Pinot Noir Rose from Sonoma. Winery escaping me at the moment, but they share production/tasting space with Inspiration.

Will make a mental note of Chavannes. I've been known to autobuy the same offering of the Siffrin. Fontodi and Rinaldi also tend to be automatics.

Tonight is a 2005 Helios Syrah.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rjquillin

2008 DuNah Chardonnay Tre Cuvée
Quite tasty, shoulda' gotten more.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Sipping on '12 Revelation Chard from TJ's. Third day and it still sucks. This year's a pass.

I did find what I hope to be a replacement, though, at 2/3 the cost. That's right. $4/btl. Trying one tonight. Will taste, potentially re-up, and report.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
kylemittskus wrote:Sipping on '12 Revelation Chard from TJ's. Third day and it still sucks. This year's a pass.

I did find what I hope to be a replacement, though, at 2/3 the cost. That's right. $4/btl. Trying one tonight. Will taste, potentially re-up, and report.

You must be on crack

"The older I get the better I was"

kylemittskus

losthighwayz wrote:You must be on crack

Because of paragraph one or two?

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
cortot20 wrote:Well, it didn't sell out so a small lot may show up in woot- off.

It was pulsing toward the end there though, so if it does show it will be gone quickly.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

2012 Iron Horse un-oaked Chard
2010 Hahn Petite Sirah

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:2012 Iron Horse un-oaked Chard
2010 Hahn Petite Sirah

You crazy fella you don't drink wine. We all know that. Please correct this post to say something like stone beer and lemonade.

CT

rjquillin

2009 Old World Winery Sauvignon Blanc Bon Temps
Hot on the barge today, cooling off.

CT

bsevern

2002 William Selyem Pinot Noir Anderson Valley Ferrington Vineyards.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

last night was a 2011 Pedroncelli Merlot

kylemittskus

bsevern wrote:2002 William Selyem Pinot Noir Anderson Valley Ferrington Vineyards.

Nice!

tytiger58

2010 François Chidaine Montlouis-sur-Loire Clos Habert Chenin Blanc..gourgous

2010 Mount Eden Vineyards Pinot Noir gourgous +2

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

2009 Denier-Handal Zinfandel Alexander Valley-Sonoma County
Drinking very nicely on its own.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Tonight we had some Hans von Wilhelm Piesporter Riesling of unknown vintage, followed by '13 Glatzer Grüner Veltliner with dinner, then off to a local music club where I drank a few Paulaner Hefeweizens while enjoying music from Wild Moccasins and Eastern Sea, a couple bands out of Texas making their first trip around the country.

kaolis

cortot20 wrote:I don't know if the Syrah needed more air or the fact that I had my glass after dessert but it seemed very dark and meaty on the nose but overly tart on the palate. As it opened up i got a lot of black cherry and some floral aspect on the nose that made it more enjoyable. I saved a 375s worth so I'll try it again in a couple days. Glad to hear you liked the Malbec and I look toward to trying it some night.

Based on the Syrah I decided the QPR did not wow me so I passed on yesterday's offer. Of course today's Wellington offer at roughly the same bottle price might be a go since I didn't go in yesterday. WD mentioned we won't see fjellene wines again for awhile so if like the other bottles there is a chance I will get another chance at those.

Tried the syrah last night. Was just ok. Splash decant just to get off the sediment. Was ok, but I was left wanting a little more. Clean and kind of simple. Picked up some weight after a bit, but I dunno. Maybe just needs a little time.

cortot20

kaolis wrote:Tried the syrah last night. Was just ok. Splash decant just to get off the sediment. Was ok, but I was left wanting a little more. Clean and kind of simple. Picked up some weight after a bit, but I dunno. Maybe just needs a little time.

I still have a full 375 of this for the long weekend ahead so I'll post back here If I think the wine has changed for better or worse.

CT

rjquillin

2004 Suncé Cabernet Sauvignon Hedin Vineyard
Pleased with this, especially at under $15. No overly complex, but still has some life in it.
Plenty of sed too; decant.
With Grilled ribeye, taters and brussels sprouts; following a cevichi and a prosecco.

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg

2010 Feast it Forward Cab, from Underground Cellars. Decanted for about 20 minutes, and really lovely with a grilled ribeye. There are some decent Cabs from that vintage, and this one, with grapes sourced from Paul Maroon's vineyards, is one of them.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

2005 McClean Vineyards Syrah Estate Private Reserve. Starting to show its age. Drinks well but appears to have gone over to the aged side now, or least my inventory of this may have.

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

2011 Scott Harvey Syrah Amador County Mountain Selection

2010 Sequana Pinot Noir Santa Lucia Highlands

cortot20

WC pinkie swear with sliders tonight.

CT

tytiger58

2008 Ruffino Modus
NV Pierre Peters brut grand cru with a Flannery hanger steak

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:2004 Suncé Cabernet Sauvignon Hedin Vineyard
Pleased with this, especially at under $15. No overly complex, but still has some life in it.
Plenty of sed too; decant.
With Grilled ribeye, taters and brussels sprouts; following a cevichi and a prosecco.

I still remember that crazy gal from Sunce

"The older I get the better I was"