cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:if you want them and value them at a higher price yes. If he babyes remind him he loves capitalism and your market bore more

...oh that makes so much more sense without the filter.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

It rained here last night and some this morning!! Yea!! we haven't had rain in soooooo long!!! Yippie!!!!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:if you want them and value them at a higher price yes. If he babyes remind him he loves capitalism and your market bore more

I'm just a bit surprised and disappointed at most responses to mother's original post. Seems like our little community isn't one.

I always try to go by the Golden Rule (and no, it's not "He/She who has the gold makes the rules", and no, not "He/She who has the bigger gun ...". It's treat others as you want to be treated.

So instead of "sniping" a fellow wooter's bid ... email/PM them about sharing it. They may really not want the whole set, but have to do so in order to make sure they get it. WineBid (at least they used to) has a set of rules on who was "winning" the bid. Primary was if you had bid on all or most of the bottles in the bid.

Another option is to offer to go in with them on the bid, to optimize how much can be bid on the offer. By combining your two money pools, you can probably out-bid most everyone.

Look for the Win/Win, instead of the Win/Lose.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

LOL.

This crowd cracks me up.

Edit: Mark, I would probably die of a heart attack if L took the trouble to contact me instead of just outbidding me! Too funny!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'm just a bit surprised and disappointed at most responses to mother's original post. Seems like our little community isn't one.

I always try to go by the Golden Rule (and no, it's not "He/She who has the gold makes the rules", and no, not "He/She who has the bigger gun ...". It's treat others as you want to be treated.

So instead of "sniping" a fellow wooter's bid ... email/PM them about sharing it. They may really not want the whole set, but have to do so in order to make sure they get it. WineBid (at least they used to) has a set of rules on who was "winning" the bid. Primary was if you had bid on all or most of the bottles in the bid.

Another option is to offer to go in with them on the bid, to optimize how much can be bid on the offer. By combining your two money pools, you can probably out-bid most everyone.

Look for the Win/Win, instead of the Win/Lose.

if time permits maybe that's feasible. What if I want it all though? What about the poor sap selling the fertilizer? Aren't you essentially colluding to keep prices artificially low?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

bhodilee wrote:What if I want it all though?

and want it now!

InShadows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InShadows
mother wrote:and want it now!

I was expecting this one

and yes I'm procrastinating from studying for two mid-terms this week.

CT
“Every time you think something or someone is stupid, it just means there is another thing in this world you don’t understand.” - In memory of Robert, 1975-2009
If you make a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Past NoVA Gatherings

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:if time permits maybe that's feasible. What if I want it all though? What about the poor sap selling the fertilizer? Aren't you essentially colluding to keep prices artificially low?

Then you should have gotten your bid in first!!! It's up for a whole week ....

And no, because someone outside the WW community could still bid it up.

Edit: And it's not like you're getting it for free.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
klezman wrote:I can't do it until after Passover...I think that means 30+ minutes after sundown Saturday night, April 14. Well, at least not combine wine with tasty foodstuffs!

Speaking of which...anybody in LA have an opening for one more at a seder?

Klez, we totally would welcome you if you wanted to make the trek out to Palos Verdes. First, second, or both nights. We're rather irreverent though we follow the traditional service. If you want more info, PM!

zenophile

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zenophile

winebid #gametheory fail

monsoon in LA. BTW, this is a somewhat mischievous English/Welshman well-known to you all round here, with his new alt.

Joel, Klez, time2 etx in Socal. You here in the monsoon? There is wine to be drinked, and Ty to be flogged!

mother

zenophile wrote:winebid #gametheory fail

Kind of, but not how you mean! We're both going for the ugly one, but the damned Kronos isn't getting jealous!

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity
mother wrote:LOL.

This crowd cracks me up.

Edit: Mark, I would probably die of a heart attack if L took the trouble to contact me instead of just outbidding me! Too funny!

Just re-read this week's pub title by PS - I think it says it all!

Though, I do remember a conversation about this awhile back, and thought PS had mentioned something, along with d-dog, and sparky. I'm way too lazy to look it up at the moment.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

sparky, an update on pops please?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sanity wrote:sparky, an update on pops please?

please!

mother

Loweeel wrote:
There's only a wine church commandment against coveting your neighbor's wine. Since you insist on being pedantic, the wine was not yours, but winebids, at that time.

Oh my!

(Loweeel was responding to Sparky!)

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
mother wrote:Kind of, but not how you mean! We're both going for the ugly one, but the damned Kronos isn't getting jealous!

ha! BTW, do you remember who is the person who lost a halfcase of 03 Corison cab due to a boiler failure? Can't find the post.. I lvoe the stuff, but I probably have a surfeit, some of which could be offloaded.

mother

richardhod wrote:ha! BTW, do you remember who is the person who lost a halfcase of 03 Corison cab due to a boiler failure? Can't find the post.. I lvoe the stuff, but I probably have a surfeit, some of which could be offloaded.

I do remember!

I'm the proud owner of 180 bottles of autoclaved vino...

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
mother wrote:Kind of, but not how you mean! We're both going for the ugly one, but the damned Kronos isn't getting jealous!

Heh, all that talk of Corison on winebid got me to glance at it. I was almost half tempted by that Kronos, since I don't have that vintage.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

mother

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Heh, all that talk of Corison on winebid got me to glance at it. I was almost half tempted by that Kronos, since I don't have that vintage.

The 97 is wonderful. And I paid $85/btl shipped for what I have of it and that was 'a deal.'

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
zenophile wrote:winebid #gametheory fail

monsoon in LA. BTW, this is a somewhat mischievous English/Welshman well-known to you all round here, with his new alt.

Joel, Klez, time2 etx in Socal. You here in the monsoon? There is wine to be drinked, and Ty to be flogged!

Richard, I grew up in the (only real) South Bay - Palos Verdes penninsula in SoCal. I now live in Denver, but will be back for Passover. Last trip out there was during Mark's first? drink down his cellar, where amusingly enough, I met time2testit and discovered he knew my sister from youth group a million years ago... small world and Jewish geography for the win!

PS was talking with my mother earlier in the day, and she commented on the pouring rain...

bhodilee

mother wrote:and want it now!

you know me so well. I am incapable of saying I want it all without that part following

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

richardhod

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Heh, all that talk of Corison on winebid got me to glance at it. I was almost half tempted by that Kronos, since I don't have that vintage.

I could go in with you. for one or two bottles of it... Shall we raise a woot share posse?

bhodilee

mother wrote:Oh my!

(Loweeel was responding to Sparky!)

FREE MARKET BABY! Though I promise if I ever come up against a wooter I'm facebook friends with I'll try to ask first. If no response though, GAME ON!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
richardhod wrote:ha! BTW, do you remember who is the person who lost a halfcase of 03 Corison cab due to a boiler failure? Can't find the post.. I lvoe the stuff, but I probably have a surfeit, some of which could be offloaded.

oh the irony.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
richardhod wrote:I could go in with you. for one or two bottles of it... Shall we raise a woot share posse?

You might have me convinced. There are currently 5 bottles of it available. If we can get enough of us to have a full 5-bottle bid, that would help reduce the shipping costs and such. We just need to see how many (and who) would be interested, so that we can use a bidder who has the most ability to distribute the wine.

So, anyone out there interested in splitting the bid on some '97 Corison Kronos? Bid would be at $70, so it would probably be ~$85 after fees & shipping.

EDIT: I realized that winebid has to charge taxes for buyers from CA, but not from NY. So if we do this, it would probably be best if I (or someone from a state that doesn't get taxed) places the bid.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

richardhod

cheron98 wrote:oh the irony.

what irony is this? I just have so much of the 03! But I have no 97 Kronos!

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
HitAnyKey42 wrote:You might have me convinced. There are currently 5 bottles of it available. If we can get enough of us to have a full 5-bottle bid, that would help reduce the shipping costs and such. We just need to see how many (and who) would be interested, so that we can use a bidder who has the most ability to distribute the wine.

So, anyone out there interested in splitting the bid on some '97 Corison Kronos? Bid would be at $70, so it would probably be ~$85 after fees & shipping.

EDIT: I realized that winebid has to charge taxes for buyers from CA, but not from NY. So if we do this, it would probably be best if I (or someone from a state that doesn't get taxed) places the bid.

Is that for the lot or per bottle? (no winebid experience)

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant