$59.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: White
PRODUCT: 6 2009 Long Meadow Ranch Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew

This wine is one of Scott Harvey's favorites from Napa Valley!

Cheers,
Winedrew

norley6574

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norley6574

Why is it every time I go 2 get some wine off here it doesn't ship 2 Pennsylvania?

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman
norley6574 wrote:Why is it every time I go 2 get some wine off here it doesn't ship 2 Pennsylvania?

Because shipping any wine to anyone in Pennsylvania is illegal under state law. See:
http://www.freethegrapes.org/

Laws vary state-by-state. Not woot's fault. Not the winery's fault. Petition your state reps if you want it to change.

Regards,

Greg

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

norley6574 wrote:Why is it every time I go 2 get some wine off here it doesn't ship 2 Pennsylvania?

Probably something to do with all the "buts" and "musts" on this page and others linked to this page.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

teebodo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages teebodo

Just in time for oyster season! Plus, the product page write-up makes offering sound even better. Anyone tried this yet?

Edit

Woohoo! My first "quality post"!! Thank you, Woot gods (or editor, which is almost the same thing /joke)

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
winedrew wrote:This wine is one of Scott Harvey's favorites from Napa Valley!

Cheers,
Winedrew

That's a great recommendation. PLease do ask him to come here and faux rat! Talking of which... when do we get rattage back?

Stats look good: reasonable alcohol levels, nice high acidity and decent TA. But Rutherford's a Cabernet area: a lot warmer than I'd expect for Sauvignon Blanc which thrives in New Zealand for tart gooseberry flavours, and the Loire, or in blend, Bordeaux. I suspect given the warmer climate this may be a bit like South African Sauvignons Blancs, the best of which show complex grapefruit, gooseberry, grass, lime, yellow and tropical fruits, but with less intensity and concentration than the colder-weather SBs.

Of course this is merely a supposition and having said this, it may bve entirely different, and we may be surprised by the micro-climate, winemaking techniques and other oddities of winemaking

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

6 Bottles of the 2010 shipped from the winery with shipping and tax is $151.84.
Seems like a solid deal to me. Roughly 60% off.

$19 a bottle at the winery for the 2010
and $16 a bottle from K&L for the 2009.

CT

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman

The vineyard uses organic farming practices. Is the winemaking organic, too? Specifically, does it contain sulfites? I am not against sulfites, but without them you may have shelf life considerations or require refrigeration.

Nothing on the website says it is sulfite free, but I thought I'd ask.

Hey...if you want to drive Fred's Truck to Colorado I can hook you up with some quality chicken, goat and horse fertilizer - all natural!

Regards,

Greg

longmeadowranch

quality posts: 7 Private Messages longmeadowranch

Our LMR Sauvignon Blanc has an excellent balance of style. Its citrus notes are from grapefruit to Meyer lemon with added layers of complexity from a short Sur Lie aging in tank. Yes, Rutherford is a great Cabernet growing AVA, but our San Mateo Vineyard happens to be in a very deep gravel bed and the minerality of the site shows through. Produced from Organically Grown grapes (CCOF). Stelvin screw cap. Clean. Crisp. Fresh. Enjoy.

- Chris, Long Meadow Ranch

richardhod wrote:That's a great recommendation. PLease do ask him to come here and faux rat! Talking of which... when do we get rattage back?

Stats look good: reasonable alcohol levels, nice high acidity and decent TA. But Rutherford's a Cabernet area: a lot warmer than I'd expect for Sauvignon Blanc which thrives in New Zealand for tart gooseberry flavours, and the Loire, or in blend, Bordeaux. I suspect given the warmer climate this may be a bit like South African Sauvignons Blancs, the best of which show complex grapefruit, gooseberry, grass, lime, yellow and tropical fruits, but with less intensity and concentration than the colder-weather SBs.

Of course this is merely a supposition and having said this, it may bve entirely different, and we may be surprised by the micro-climate, winemaking techniques and other oddities of winemaking

cortot20

ThunderThighs wrote:Probably something to do with all the "buts" and "musts" on this page and others linked to this page.

Wow, I just read through all that and determined that they don't want you to order directly from a winery. Especially when they lump an extra 25% in taxes + a $4.50 service charge on top of your purchases and can only order items not found in their catalog.

Who dreams this stuff up.
Id rather just move out of Pennsylvania.

CT

longmeadowranch

CCOF certified organic grapes. The wine is produced using minimal sulfates, but this is not an organic wine. There are no shelf life considerations or issues with refrigerated storage related to sulfite additions in this wine. However, SB is always best enjoyed fresh and young. Fred's truck is a 48 Ford F2 flatbed pickup. Less than 100k original miles. Visit us at Long Meadow Ranch Winery & Farmstead in St. Helena. The truck is parked in front of our Logan-Ives House tasting room.

liverman wrote:The vineyard uses organic farming practices. Is the winemaking organic, too? Specifically, does it contain sulfites? I am not against sulfites, but without them you may have shelf life considerations or require refrigeration.

Nothing on the website says it is sulfite free, but I thought I'd ask.

Hey...if you want to drive Fred's Truck to Colorado I can hook you up with some quality chicken, goat and horse fertilizer - all natural!

richardhod

cortot20 wrote:Wow, I ... determined that they don't want you to order directly from a winery. Especially when they lump ....
Id rather just move out of Pennsylvania.

I think they probably demand you surrender

cortot20

richardhod wrote:I think they probably demand you surrender

No taxation without representation!

Oh Wait!

Our own rep's have done this to us.

CT

richardhod

cortot20 wrote:No taxation without representation!

Oh Wait!

Our own rep's have done this to us.

Inoticed the woot filter talking of Anvilania and looked up its provenance

smatzke

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smatzke

this is very tempting.....I have ordered too much wine lately though (and I am not a fast drinker), so I will have to debate myself throughout the day and come back on this one.

pagreen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pagreen

No Maryland? I guess my days of Woot-Legging aren't quite over.

jthroop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jthroop

Je suis "Blanc" avec disappointment. No GEORGIA? I was within a mouse-click of a full case for my long "Sauvignon"(suffering) wife when I paused to check the State list. Georgia is usually on the list for California wines. I take it this particular winery finds insufficient profit in Georgia customers. Again, very disappointed.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

Once again...two days in a row....no Kansas=no sale. Such a short list of states on this one. You'd think a winery would want to be licensed in every state possible.

lhartma1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhartma1

I did it! Sounds good for spring/summer drinking!

zaprowsdower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaprowsdower

Well at least good old Florida is still on the list of states.

Got one set of 6. I just had a Chilean SB late last week and thought it was one of the best I have had in a while. Checked and it was rated an 83. This one is 91. I have high hopes and no room in my closet. Looks like it will be a Beaujolais two-fer-Tuesday! Time to get the red out!

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

No Georgia!? Shucks. Also no South Carolina so I can't even mail it to my mom...

tabednar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabednar

2009 LMR Sauvignon Blanc
Price: $18 | Rating: 91 (Editors Choice)
By S.H. with WE

A beautiful and compelling Sauvignon Blanc that gives the acidity and citrusy brightness you wan in the variety, bu contains extra layers of complexity. Offers waves of fresh green grass, Meyer lemon, sweet lime and mineral flavors that don't appear to have any oak. Brilliant with crab cakes, toasted sourdough bread with goat cheese, or on its own as a cocktail sipper.

Very, very tempting but alas...no space

Snooth | Cellar Tracker
Newest Addition: 2008 Avignonesi Rosso di Toscana & 2009 Paraduxx (Duckhorn Vineyards) Z Blend

mdtisdale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdtisdale

Been waiting on a white, want this one but alas - no GEORGIA

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I don't see an RS number, which probably just means there is none, but I'm guessing this is dry?

Are SB's always dry?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

pelkeymf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pelkeymf

The description of the flavors of this one push all the right buttons for me. And I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a wine made from organically-grown grapes. Maybe it's a psychological effect, but I think if they take that much care in growing the grapes, they respect them in making the wine, too. I'm in for one!

tabednar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabednar

Is there any way I could purchase just 3? I don't have room for 6 but this looks like a wonderful wine....

Snooth | Cellar Tracker
Newest Addition: 2008 Avignonesi Rosso di Toscana & 2009 Paraduxx (Duckhorn Vineyards) Z Blend

elizabethchase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabethchase

"If you're drunk when the package shows up, you will not be allowed to receive it"

Really?

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Richard, You called it right. The wine is more like a South African SB. It has complex grapefruit and lime. Little lighter on the grass. It is one of Jana and my favorites. We love enjoying a chilled bottle while we are cooking dinner and on into the first course. This is a better price than we get with inter winery discount. I'm in for two.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo
winedrew wrote:This wine is one of Scott Harvey's favorites from Napa Valley!

Cheers,
Winedrew

Haven't had this, but am in for two on a Scott Harvey (and Winedrew) recommendation. Graduation open house just around the corner - the beginning of the end ...

rpm

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rpm
woopdedoo wrote:Haven't had this, but am in for two on a Scott Harvey (and Winedrew) recommendation. Graduation open house just around the corner - the beginning of the end ...

I first found this winery through our friends the Leeds (of Frog's Leap). Frank does some vineyard and olive tree management for them. Lovely people, nice wines. The SB we tasted there (pretty unofficially since it was closed that day) was very good.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Long Meadow Ranch tasting room is right next to Farmstead restaurant in St. Helena. Jana and I like to go to the tasting room and pick up a bottle of this SB and then walk over and have lunch at Farmstead. The restaurant is great and the cookage deal is as well. This wine goes great with Farmstead's "Potted Pig"

longmeadowranch

Yes, this Sauvignon Blanc is Dry.

slicey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slicey

Dang, no Kansas again.

I can walk to Missouri from here, but I hesitate to have this shipped to any of my friends in MO since no one will be home during the day to receive it.

*sigh* Maybe my office move will take me to Missouri and I'll be able to take advantage of more woots!

yorknh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

Scott Harvey and rpm recommendations, NH being on the short list, and we're almost out of whites...why does it feel like I have no choice in the matter?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

SB meant to be drunk young. This is a 2009. Does it still have legs? Whats is drinking window? Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Woot comes through

In our household a major variation is "Do we need more red wine?", which almost always means "Please stop ordering your red wine and get me more of those delicious whites you seem to be able to find."

A SWMBO purchase. In for two.

longmeadowranch

The wine is fresh and youthful. Crisp up front with a round finish. Ideally, drink now through 2013.

losthighwayz wrote:SB meant to be drunk young. This is a 2009. Does it still have legs? Whats is drinking window? Thanks!

confusedemmy

quality posts: 22 Private Messages confusedemmy
teebodo wrote:Just in time for oyster season! )

Well, down here in TX the oyster season is both only starting and ending soon! But crab and shrimp abound here on the Gulf coast and I'm in for 2!