myjossi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myjossi

How are these shipped? My work won't accept deliveries for employees, can I have shipped to the local ups facility? Or FedEx?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
myjossi wrote:How are these shipped? My work won't accept deliveries for employees, can I have shipped to the local ups facility? Or FedEx?

They are shipped via Fed Ex. You can put your home address as the shipping address than as soon it ships out you can go to the fed ex website and designate for them to ship and hold at a local fed ex store.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

myjossi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myjossi
North316 wrote:They are shipped via Fed Ex. You can but your home address as the shipping address than as soon it ships out you can go to the fed ex website and designate for them to ship and hold at a local fed ex store.

Thank you!

North316

This is a very tempting offer, if for no other reason than the price, but I don't have room for another whole case. I'm going to have to sit on this one for a little bit longer and hope it doesn't sell out.

My CT

lkwcpa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lkwcpa

Anyone in Tampa want to split a case?

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank
North316 wrote:They are shipped via Fed Ex. You can put your home address as the shipping address than as soon it ships out you can go to the fed ex website and designate for them to ship and hold at a local fed ex store.

Hee hee. Live in NJ = no shipping Been buying my wine this way for a while - Hold at Fed Ex over the border. Up to 37 purchases and this will probably be #38.

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife
Donfrank wrote:Hee hee. Live in NJ = no shipping Been buying my wine this way for a while - Hold at Fed Ex over the border. Up to 37 purchases and this will probably be #38.

Sigh… Keep that under wraps please! Otherwise it will get harder to order wine to non shipping states…. If people can't figure it out on there own then so be it, but don't let the cat out of the bag…
It will just get the wine politzia all riled up!!

ncelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncelle

anybody in Raleigh area wants to split a case?

sealcix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sealcix

Bought 3 bottles of the Cab back in July for $50 and I loved the wine then. The 6 Cabs alone are worth the $100. I'm in for 2. Thanks Woot!

sealcix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sealcix
CowboyDann wrote:Two 12 packs in one week. It's almost like you're teaming up with AA

Seriously though, Hows this stuff taste? or is this another one of those 'don't even ask you'll be happy you bought 12' deals?

this is actually a very good wine, at the least the Cab is. Woot had 3 bottles of the Cab back in July for $50. If you keep the Cabs and throw away the Merlot, you still have an awesome bargain. I'm thinking the Merlot is good as well. I just bought 2 cases.

annabellesma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabellesma

I would love to find someone in the Charlotte area to split some of these deals with.

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher

DFW area split? Less interested in the Merlot

Anyone?

megsailor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages megsailor
gephross100 wrote:^^good idea i am copying
anyone in houston willing to split a case?

Would love to split in Houston-PM to confirm?

svwindom

quality posts: 9 Private Messages svwindom
cortot20 wrote:Wow 70% off without shipping.
That's a discount for ya.

The 07's go for;
Merlot $26
Cab. $30
a bottle

Also, I think White oak and Wellington use the same web storefront provider. The interface is bad and identical.

Er, these are the 2006 vintage. I googled around and found them at Naples Wine Warehouse for $21.67 and $25 respectively. So not an amazing ridiculous crazy screaming deal, just a crazy screaming deal.

...which means I guess I'm gonna buy some.

snboca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snboca

I am in north Houston and would be interested in split

mbgood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbgood

Anyone in the Minneapolis/St Paul area want to split a case?

trjones87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trjones87

what about in san antonio?

vyccid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vyccid

Priced like a daily drinker, but good enough for more reserved use. At this price it also makes a great party wine; friendly to under developed palates, certainly won't embarrassment you in front of your refined friends, and especially here in the east has the air of 'discovery'.

I already have a case or so of each laying down, just had a Cab the other week with a black truffle butter (different woot) rib-eye and enjoyed it. Too bad I'm limited to just 1, I'd buy more if I could.

woot bottles: 152

outdoorslife

Wish we could hear back from the winemaker some, get musing on what he was trying to accomplish in these wines etc.

The price looks great, but like sale price wines locally going in on a case without having tried it is asking a lot. Yes even at $8 a bottle.
Some $8 wines just aren't worth their cork (or screw top), it seems like this wine is a fine every day drinker, but not necessarily a wow what a deal.

trjones87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trjones87

well i bought one anyways, ill watch to see if anyone wants split in san antonio tx

outdoorslife

If Anyone in southern NH (greater nashua area) or around the mass. rt 3 /495 area wants to sell off a bottle or two of each, I would be in for that to try them.

I can't order right now, in a SWMBO.WBM, never mind the wine racks are full up!! Not drinking fast enough!!!!!

kchoschton

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kchoschton

Anyone in Atlanta/Gwinnett County want to split? PM me. I already purchased one.

j105

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j105

Count me in for one...too good a deal to pass up.

bedenny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bedenny

Re:Anyone in the Minneapolis/St Paul area want to split a case?

I live in Apple Valley and I'm already in for one, which I would be willing to split. Let me know.

JoshuaInMN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaInMN
mbgood wrote:Anyone in the Minneapolis/St Paul area want to split a case?

I'll split a case, and grab one for myself, and cover the $5 in shipping if you can handle the delivery.

I work downtown, so don't want to walk through the skyways with a case, and the FedEx place is up in Mahtomedi, which is a 1.5 hour trip for me from the southwest burbs.

Anyway - PM me if you're interested and we'll figure out how splitting a case works (do I just paypal some cash to you?)

brettstr42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brettstr42

Sounds great. I'm up for a split down here in sunny SoCal. Orange County area, H.B./Costa Mesa. Let me know if anyone in the area is up for it. I'll buy and take COD if you'd like.

bolligra

quality posts: 31 Private Messages bolligra

I just bought one and am willing to split with someone in the Denver area. I live near the Broomfield/Erie border. Let me know and we can meet. I'm going off-line for a couple of hours and will check later this morning. Otherwise, I'll just keep it all for myself!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

Houston, we have lift off...even better with my wine.woot birthday code and free shipping. Who says Monday sucks?? Thanks WD!

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

lindayw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindayw
Hungry wrote:Bought one. Will need to split 1/2 or my wife will kill me. If you're willing to pick up at my house in San Jose let me know.

Was going through my inventory earlier today and felt proud that I hadn't purchased from wine.woot for a while :-(

interested in splitting half case. i live south of san jose.

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
Hungry wrote:Bought one. Will need to split 1/2 or my wife will kill me. If you're willing to pick up at my house in San Jose let me know.

Was going through my inventory earlier today and felt proud that I hadn't purchased from wine.woot for a while :-(

PM sent.

It sounds like a better split for the north end would be ccmacy, twstdvn, and maurakid.

I am going to help this guy stay alive/married.

Edit: Looks like Tassadar2k03 is in SF and wants to split too.

johnnymercer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnymercer

SHIP TO KANSAS!!! Come on! Why is this so difficult for American wineries? If the bulk are doing it, why can't the others get their rears in gear and jump through the hoops as well? Very disappointing.

North316

Judging from the comments today, it sounds like WD should have made this a 6 for $50 deal instead of 12 for $100.

My CT

ncelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncelle

I pulled the trigger anyway... I'm still opened to splitting it in the Raleigh/Cary/Apex, NC area, let me know.

trs2f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trs2f

brettstr42:

I work in the Irvine area. I'll split the case if you're still interested.

free2day33611

quality posts: 2 Private Messages free2day33611
lkwcpa wrote:Anyone in Tampa want to split a case?

I'm in Tampa and will split one.

marchbanks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marchbanks

I'm in for one. Found the cab selling for $27 a bottle elsewhere.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/white+oak+cabernet+sauvignon/2006

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma
alfisti13 wrote:Houston, we have lift off...even better with my wine.woot birthday code and free shipping. Who says Monday sucks?? Thanks WD!

How does the birthday code work? I've been wine-wooting for over a year now but never got a code. Do you just have to know to put it in on your anniversary month? Thanks for any input!!

brettstr42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brettstr42
trs2f wrote:brettstr42:

I work in the Irvine area. I'll split the case if you're still interested.

trs2f: sounds good. PM with personal email or phone and I'll let you know when the shipment comes in. Confirm you are still good with the split and I'll place the order now. Thanks for splitting. I'm looking forward to this one but don't have room for a whole case.

lkwcpa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lkwcpa
free2day33611 wrote:I'm in Tampa and will split one.

replied to your PM, let's do this!

salvadorable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salvadorable
trjones87 wrote:what about in san antonio?

In San Antonio, I'll go halves.