Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
ThunderThighs wrote:I wouldn't count on it. Did nothing for mine.

I know. Just hoping!

Did your voice change?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:I know. Just hoping!

Did your voice change?

Not that I recall noticing or having anyone point it out to me. I had tons done at the same time: deviated septum, T&A removal, and a bit of slicing on the loose palate to help with snoring. It was a hell of a 2 week recovery but worth it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:Not that I recall noticing or having anyone point it out to me. I had tons done at the same time: deviated septum, T&A removal, and a bit of slicing on the loose palate to help with snoring. It was a hell of a 2 week recovery but worth it.

I think all I need is the deviated septum repaired. A friend said her husbands' voice changed after the surgery, but he had a complete sinus rebuild.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

puberty; round two.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Not that I recall noticing or having anyone point it out to me. I had tons done at the same time: deviated septum, T&A removal, and a bit of slicing on the loose palate to help with snoring. It was a hell of a 2 week recovery but worth it.

T&A removal? Really?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:T&A removal? Really?

Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy

Slightly less awkward when having them removed. No need to buy different bras.

AZGman

//snerk

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Windows are open, kids are outside w/o jackets..... yup still March. Boy I hope this is a false spring.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy

Slightly less awkward when having them removed. No need to buy different bras.

Thought this was going to be a literal "lose your ass" scene.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:Windows are open, kids are outside w/o jackets..... yup still March. Boy I hope this is a false spring.

It was in the 30's when I went to work. Stepped out the door to walk to my car and see a few flakes. By the time I got to my car, it was really coming down, very windy.

At home (which is about 7 miles away), it was clear and dry. Still cool and windy, though.

pooflady wrote:Thought this was going to be a literal "lose your ass" scene.

I'd hope for some taken off the hips and tummy first.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:I'd hope for some taken off the hips and tummy first.

I think most people would. I know I'd be happy if things would just go back where they were before I had surgery.

We don't normally plant our gardens until June. Having a warm time now, that's just weird.

Mavyn

I don't know what Pennsylvania is normally like, but it's been dryer and warmer here this year than it was last year. I was out in February 2010, and got snowed in! We've barely had a foot od snow, though lots of rain.

Ok, quilt project time! Pick your favorite, I'm waffling.

Hot Shot (not sure about colors, probably something more in the blues and purples on gray or black)

Cracker Snackers in batiks

Organized Chaos in batiks, though probably with a solid border. And less yellow/pink.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
ThunderThighs wrote:There's been no change in his food since he arrived here 8 months ago so I'm ruling out food for the moment (but not entirely). He's been going out some now and it's spring so I am thinking allergies. Going for a soothing shampoo and some supplements to see if that helps.

I sure wish I could pop the cat (a benedryl) but they're so different than dogs.

there are allergy medications that cats can take - check with your vet about which ones and dosages. are you using anything for fleas? because if you have a cat who has a flea allergy and resulting miliary dermatitis, just one flea bite can cause them to have problems, sometimes to the point that steroids are needed to calm their immune system down.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
pooflady wrote:Thought this was going to be a literal "lose your ass" scene.

Great minds work alike!

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:I don't know what Pennsylvania is normally like, but it's been dryer and warmer here this year than it was last year. I was out in February 2010, and got snowed in! We've barely had a foot od snow, though lots of rain.

Ok, quilt project time!

Hot Shot (not sure about colors, probably something more in the blues and purples on gray or black)

Cracker Snackers in batiks

Organized Chaos in batiks, though probably with a solid border. And less yellow/pink.

Quilting is one of the trendy crafts that I wouldn't mind learning. It seems so useful and I know I absolutely adore getting a handmade quilt as a gift. (This completely confused Orc's grandma when we asked for one of her quilts as a wedding present, she couldn't figure out why we didn't want something better from a store - there is nothing better, btw.)

Mavyn

KtCallista wrote:Quilting is one of the trendy crafts that I wouldn't mind learning. It seems so useful and I know I absolutely adore getting a handmade quilt as a gift. (This completely confused Orc's grandma when we asked for one of her quilts as a wedding present, she couldn't figure out why we didn't want something better from a store - there is nothing better, btw.)

Technically...I don't quilt. I piece. Quilting is sewing the pieced layer with a batting and backing, either by hand or with a machine. Piecing is cutting big pieces of fabric into little pieces of fabric and sewing them back together into a big piece of fabric. And the only thing different in piecing versus any other sewing is more colors to coordinate. I am good at that.

Quilting...well, I can handle a smaller quilt, like a baby quilt, but nothing bigger. I've tied quilts and done simple designs for those. Bigger ones I send out to have machined--so much easier. If I ever make any money off this, I'll save it towards getting a long arm machine and doing my own quilting!

(and...any preference in patterns?)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:puberty; round two.

?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:?

Oh, the tonsil stuff?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:Why is the cement truck, [...]meals out of it.

Someday I will need to encrypt a message with an unbreakable code, and on that day I will call D'name.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Someday I will need to encrypt a message with an unbreakable code, and on that day I will call D'name.

Ahem, you're supposed to say thank you for all the birthday wishes.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
ThunderThighs wrote:Cat is bathed.... and pissed. Had to make sure he soaked in the Oatmeal & Aloe bath for a good bit of time and then rinsed him for a really long time. Then sprayed his legs with some anti-itch stuff.

Also bought some cat treats that have omega stuff in them to help with skin & coat.

Now we wait.

Going out to BBQ place with bro and some of his coworkers to listen to a band. BBL

If I ever post that I'm about to bathe my cat, you can be sure that it will be my last post. ever.

If I survived the bath, she would take revenge and kill me shortly thereafter.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:Someday I will need to encrypt a message with an unbreakable code, and on that day I will call D'name.

It isn't code.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Ahem, you're supposed to say thank you for all the birthday wishes.

Yeah, did you even check pwa on your birthday?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:If I ever post that I'm about to bathe my cat, you can be sure that it will be my last post. ever.

Scratchy barely lets me brush him. I wouldn't even try to bathe him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
dontwantaname wrote:Scratchy barely lets me brush him. I wouldn't even try to bathe him.

I value my skin, life, etc.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:I value my skin, life, etc.

Plus, cat bites and scratches take forever to heal. Even the tiny ones.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

My cats would hate me, but they wouldn't fight. They prefer the stealth attack...walking over my face at 2 am ... grabbing on when they roll off the bed...

And with that...night all.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:My cats would hate me, but they wouldn't fight. They prefer the stealth attack...walking over my face at 2 am ... grabbing on when they roll off the bed...

And with that...night all.

Scratchy sleeps in our room until the ac is turned on. He doesn't like air conditioning.
If hubby or I go to the bathroom after 4am, and the cat isn't in the room, we close the door.
That way he can't give us the 5am I-want-new-food-and-water walk across the bed and over the night stands.

Off to sleep for me too.

See ya.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Mavyn

Morning.

Mavyn

*looks around*

Still no one?

Ok. Did a mile and half on the treadmill, have mostly cooled down. Off to shower and get something to eat. There's stuff to get done!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Wrote a long good morning post on my ipod. It didn't post! Oh well, good morning!

Daughter2 has a part time job! She will be working at a daycare center. She is thrilled.

We have spent days getting her docs in order. She has been finger printed, background checked, tb tested. She has id, social security and debit cards. She needs a physical but we only have to have that scheduled to begin work. With the county still recovering from the tornado, it has been challenging to get to all the offices.

If they like her and if she takes one on-line class they will hire her full time in the fall. She did not want to go to college so this will give her some real world experience while she decides what she wants to do with the rest of her life.

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

ThunderThighs

Staff

joyner wrote:Wrote a long good morning post on my ipod. It didn't post! Oh well, good morning!

//whispers That's because you accidentally hit 'tattle' instead of 'reply'.

Morning all. Maisy's swollen face has been taken to the after-hours vet late last night. She's got a very swollen area in her upper jaw that is making the entire side of her snout puff out. It's very painful - she screamed when I touched it; she never screams. She let the vet look and poke around. He didn't feel anything hard so we're going to treat it like an abscess for the moment and see if that works. So antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, & pain pills.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:If I ever post that I'm about to bathe my cat, you can be sure that it will be my last post. ever.

Heh. Bathing him is self-defense for my allergies. The wife of one of the writer's did it for me the first time last summer. Then son & I. Now me on my own.

I've bathed cats before but we always did it in the shower and I was trying to avoid that. I'm doing this in the kitchen sink.

A choke hold on the neck works pretty well about 50% of the time. When he wheezes for a breath though, you gotta lighten up a tad.

The rest of the time, you work on perfecting your wet otter wrestling skills. At one point this time, he was so far out of the sink, that my last ditch recovery hold was the skin on his thigh. Got him back in. He can go from a small cat to a long snake in record time.

Son laughs the entire time on Skype while I'm doing this.

FORUM MODERATOR

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote://whispers That's because you accidentally hit 'tattle' instead of 'reply'.

Morning all. Maisy's swollen face has been taken to the after-hours vet late last night. She's got a very swollen area in her upper jaw that is making the entire side of her snout puff out. It's very painful - she screamed when I touched it; she never screams. She let the vet look and poke around. He didn't feel anything hard so we're going to treat it like an abscess for the moment and see if that works. So antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, & pain pills.

I can't count the number of times I've hit tattle instead of reply - hate the location of those buttons.

Hope Maisy responds to the meds, poor puffy-gog!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I can't count the number of times I've hit tattle instead of reply - hate the location of those buttons.

Hope Maisy responds to the meds, poor puffy-gog!!

Yeah, we get quite a few posts in the tattles. Easy mistake.

Thanks. Feel so sorry for her. I was afraid it was a broken tooth that would require extraction but no obvious sign of that so far, thank goodness.

FORUM MODERATOR

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Ahem, you're supposed to say thank you for all the birthday wishes.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

pooflady

FenStar wrote:Thank you for the birthday wishes!

You're welcome. Hope you had a good day.

Poor Maisy, hope she's doing better today.

Good morning all.

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Scratchy barely lets me brush him. I wouldn't even try to bathe him.

I'll bathe your cat, and rusty, if I ever visit.

I'm bathing my sister's dog today.