wqu2006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wqu2006

So how well do they package these things to prevent them from breaking in transit?

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
inazuma wrote:How long does balsamic last? Shelf life if you will? And once opened, do I have to consume it within a certain amount of time? Lastly, does it have to be stored in certain conditions (temperature, etc.)? Thanks!

I keep mine in a cupboard, with no special precautions. Once opened, it will be fine for months - if you can keep from guzzling it. I hoarded my last bottle for about a year & it developed some crystals in the bottom, which tasted a bit tart but didn't affect the taste of the liquid.

So how did I manage to keep the bottle for a year? I hid it from my significant other, who blew through the bottle I got him and began devouring mine - and then forgot I had it.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
klezman wrote:Traditionale on their website is $145/bottle on their website, so no this isn't that. But this is damn tasty. I'm in for two and will be checking with my family to see if they want in on more.

I got a small (100 ml) bottle of Traditionale with a past offer from them. It is wonderful, but I don't taste enough difference for $80 for that vs. $35 for this 250 ml. In for max, and on my wife's account as well.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

You should thank me. After three months without really good balsamic, we went to a speciatly olive oil and vinegar store. So, of course, this comes on woot in the same week.

Their balsamic was nice and thick, and got 750ml for the same price. Yet, I am maxing out on this offer, it really is that much better.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd

The best way to consume this, IMO, is to pour some into a spoon or a shallow bowl, and lap it up like a cat (leaving aside all manners and ideas of decorum) until there is not a drop left!

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

Some of my fav uses:
1. drizzled on fresh raspberries, cantelopes, or pears.
2. drizzled on ice cream, or marsapone based dessert
3. poached pears with blue cheese, (ina garten recipe) and as it comes out of oven drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar and lots of black pepper
4. balsamic vinegar w/ garden fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced red onions, buffalo mozzarella, sliced garlic, fresh basil & angreat quality olive oil
5. make a white pizza with ricotta base, layer on proscioutto, green onions, olives, parm, mozzarella, feta or blue cheese, dabs of onion/balsamic jelly, and a great quality of olive oil. When it comes out of oven or grill, drizzle with balsamic and chopped basil.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

scottyr2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottyr2

FINALLY!!!! We've been out for a month! Add this to your mashed potatoes with some heavy cream and WOW!!!!!

WalkinPneumonia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WalkinPneumonia

After hearing everyone rave about this I've picked up a bottle.

guzmantis

quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

I've been slowly savoring the last little bit of the bottle I purchased in June of last year. In for 2 without question.

veevandyke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages veevandyke

Strawberries
Fresh Mint
Cracked Black Pepper
Balsamic

Marinate in fridge for about 30 minutes. Let warm slightly before serving.

Oh. My. God.

If there's any left (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) refrigerate overnight and serve over vanilla ice cream.

Yahoo. In for 2.

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

What a great start to the month. I have been waiting for this for quite some time.

ktkwon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktkwon

I love good basalmic - my go-to vinegar for several years has been Zingerman's eight year aged. This seems about comprable in price, so in for two with fingers crossed. Strawberry season is just around the corner!

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808
merryberry wrote:The description says the bottle is 250ml, so if this was in a normal 750ml wine botte, it'd be $105, or more than a Corison Kronos Cab. Wow. It must be really good.

And yet many, many more people than us wine.wooters pay $50 for 4ml of printer ink every day at your local big box office supply place.

JanFP

quality posts: 11 Private Messages JanFP

Four pages of comments at 7:45 a.m. CST - you know it's a happy day on Wine Woot! We do grilled pork tenderloin with Balsamic reduction. Salt, pepper and garlic on the tenderloin. A little sugar and rosemary in the Balsamic, boiled down until syrupy. Spoon over tenderloin when serving. Nirvana - one of our favorite recipes.

And of course, never forget Salad Caprese - summer can't come fast enough for those farmer's market tomatoes!

Too much wine, too many beer-drinking friends

raydoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raydoc

Oy. In for 2. Since I live in the Soviet State of Massachusetts I cannot order wine from wine.woot but they don't say anything about balsamic. Woot!

maxstroud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maxstroud
paulmd wrote:The best way to consume this, IMO, is to pour some into a spoon or a shallow bowl, and lap it up like a cat (leaving aside all manners and ideas of decorum) until there is not a drop left!

I consume too much if I use a bowl. I pour it into a saucer, sometimes with a good oil (but not mixed) and dip quality bread into it until it's gone. Then I reload and tell myself it's okay b/c I can't fit much into a saucer anyway.

It's best not to have much bread around when using this method. Also, I put the cork in and repackage the whole box and hide it above the kitchen cabinets after the reload, lest I gorge myself and empty the bottle.

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

8:10am CST and she's bouncing!

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

I'm not that big of a balsamic guy. But based on these reviews, I'm in for 2. One for me and one for a friend that would enjoy this.

leebeemi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leebeemi

Thank you! My 7 yo daughter & I nursed the last of our bottle and finally ran out last week. LOVE THIS! My daughter likes to try it on everything to see if it tastes good. Bacon? Better with balsamic. Cantaloupe? Better with balsamic. Marshmallows? Not great, but if we're out of bread, she'll do it. My whole family enjoys it on bread, strawberries, the usual. But my little girl has become a true balsamic expert. She went to dinner at a friend's house & asked if they had any balsamic for her baguette--she said theirs was NOT true balsamic. "It was too sharp. This is soft and has oomph." From the mouths of babes.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa
cLUrun wrote:Would this turn my instant noodles into gourmet food? I mean, this is a really big investment for this college student...

yes.... do your cup noodle, drain the soup separate, and add some of this basalmic into the soupless noodles, mix it a bit and you have instant yakisoba...

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB

Weird - the edit button doesn't show up for me to add to my previous post!

At any rate, it is gonna be a long, long day for Wooters unles WD has something waiting in the wings because he KNEW this was gonna sell out so early!!

rld513

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rld513

I hesitated for just a minute, but I got in just in time. I went to the order page, then back to the listing to check how it's shipping. That quick the gold button was bouncing. Ack! I quickly went back to submit my order. With four pages of rave reviews, I had to jump in.

krissyMS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages krissyMS

In for 2! sad I missed this last time around after hearing all the rave reviews. I will need to hide it from the husband as he tends to use up all my nice oils and balsamics. And now it's bouncing.... glad I got in!

martinkey4

quality posts: 1 Private Messages martinkey4

Auto Buy!! - glad I got in before it sold out.

Wine and wenches empty men's purses
English Proverb
CT

Corrado

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Corrado

Volunteer Moderator

Holy carp, glad I didn't wait until later in the morning to check for this (been waiting for about 3 mos.!) Freaked out when I saw it was bouncing, freaked out more when I saw that the max was 2 (wondering if they were "the last two" in stock), and continued freaking out when I realized I haven't yet committed the new security code on my CC to memory.

tl;dr - in for 2. YAY!

Corrado's Training Blog @ http://DrawnOutsideTheLinesOfReason.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/Corrado

It's not my fault that I love Gatzby! He's such a pretty, pretty "man."

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

In for 2!

NascarDad

Corrado wrote:Holy carp, glad I didn't wait until later in the morning to check for this (been waiting for about 3 mos.!) Freaked out when I saw it was bouncing, freaked out more when I saw that the max was 2 (wondering if they were "the last two" in stock), and continued freaking out when I realized I haven't yet committed the new security code on my CC to memory.

tl;dr - in for 2. YAY!

Same thing here. Im home sick othrwise I woulda been on this at 5 AM. And I wondered if it was the last 2

hunter7411

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hunter7411

*FINALLY*!!! I was looking for this during the Christmas sales but wine.woot never offered it and I was very sad. My supply of 2 bottles from 2009 is near the end and I need a restock. Totally in for 2!

Synos10

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

I've never had this before and I can't say I've ever paid anything near this for olive oil or balsalmic, but I'm in for 2. Yet, everyone on woot always (literally) raves about this stuff - particularly during one of the last week long woot-offs. Looking forward to trying!

dschminkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschminkey

Well all of the rave reviews have convinced me to make my FIRST Wine.Woot purchase. Any recommendations on the first thing I should try this on? After vanilla ice cream of course.

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher

bouncy, bouncy - better hurry

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I clicked in for one back at 1 AM est when I sinus/cold woke me up. I then proceeded to email service@woot.com at 6:30 when I woke up for real and increase my order to two, 3 hours later I have not received a response and the button is bouncing. At least I am in for one but I have a feeling I'm not getting my second bottle.

Edit: and now it is gone, 1,800 woots. Maybe woot has an extra bottle around to up my order that I requested 3 hours before sell-out...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

TempesNana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TempesNana

Boy I am so glad I didn't go back to bed after putting the young one on the school bus.

kalira

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kalira

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I just got to work, saw this, clicked the button to buy, and it refreshed to "sold out"! ::cries::

migwit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages migwit

SOLD OUT! So glad I got my two! Wow, if I'd waited just a half an hour later to check wine.woot, I would've cried all day!!

bucaro17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bucaro17

You temptress!! I bought it as soon as I saw it, but by the time I pressed OK, it was already sold out!!

Please, please bring this back again woot!!!

NascarDad

All I can say is that the Most Interesting Man in the World makes a mighty fine balsamic vinegar.

migwit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages migwit

I predict a lot of people on the west coast are gonna be real huffy in about an hour or so...

Fran1r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fran1r

Do they ever add more after a sellout?

debchan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages debchan

I'm glad I listened to my gut and pushed the button when I did. I'm going to regret only buying one, aren't I?