+ Add a Comment

CitizenPain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CitizenPain

If I purchased 1 just now and now want another what do i do!?!? It says i can't purchase anymore from this account.

ablickle

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ablickle
bluejester wrote:Excellent! It's a shame that my wife is already in bed, anything over $30 from woot is kind a big purchase for me, but dang it, it's Balsamic. I just had some balsamic and artisan bread for a late night snack.

Must hold off on yellow button until morning...

You might regret that.....

McGBuster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McGBuster
CitizenPain wrote:If I purchased 1 just now and now want another what do i do!?!? It says i can't purchase anymore from this account.

I'm having the same problem!

putdowntheducky

quality posts: 9 Private Messages putdowntheducky

It doesn't take $4 worth to make a salad dressing with this stuff unless you're making a very, very large salad. I usually combine about a teaspoon with some shallot vinegar and some walnut oil to make a dressing; tastes great on spinach and blue cheese.

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies
McGBuster wrote:I accidentally only ordered 1. Is there a way to add a second to my order?

Anyone?

email customer service STAT. they are good at fixing things.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

ablickle

The first time I saw this I thought you'd have to be nuts to spend 40 bucks on a little bottle of vinegar...

Next time it was up somebody mentioned trying it on ice cream, and I thought that was just weird enough to give it a shot...

Have been waiting ever since to get more!

Normally I am a "glass half full" kind of person, but our bottle was getting half empty and I was seriously concerned...

In for 2!

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

In bowl:

1. Chunks of ripe pear, fresh
2. Good quality vanilla Greek yogurt, one blop
3. Few drops of this balsamic
4. Crushed roasted almonds sprinkled on top

Sniff. Eat. Savor. Heaven.

samira

quality posts: 14 Private Messages samira

I am an admitted ignoramus when it comes to this type of expensive vinegar. I do however love the balsamic ones I have tried. I have had the stuff like they sell at costco for like 10 or 15 bucks, I have made my own reductions for various purposes. I currently have in the fridge a spray bottle of trader joes that I like to spray on spinach for salad purposes (apologies if I offend).
Question - what is the difference here? I am tempted to get myself one and one as a gift. I am just wondering if it can be THAT much better or if it is a different thing entirely?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 131 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

McGBuster wrote:I accidentally only ordered 1. Is there a way to add a second to my order?

Anyone?

Email into service@woot.com. We actually have someone working nights now, so you should get immediate assistance!

And you guys have convinced me I need to try this. I've spent years seeing it go up and everyone go insane. I want to go insane too

Winedavid39

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

bkarlan wrote:FINALLY!!! I LOVE YOU WD! in for 3 (edit.. 2 )

Yes, this was hard fought. Enjoy.

Allieroon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Allieroon

It's impossible to buy enough of this stuff...really! We've purchased two bottles during each of the last three offerings...and we're down to the last half bottle.

Marinades, salads, drizzled on meats, breads, cheeses, veggies, desserts, toes...hell, just pour it in your mouth hole!

heasays

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heasays
bluejester wrote:Excellent! It's a shame that my wife is already in bed, anything over $30 from woot is kind a big purchase for me, but dang it, it's Balsamic. I just had some balsamic and artisan bread for a late night snack.

Must hold off on yellow button until morning...

I just sent my husband a text at work. (it's Wine & Food festival this week and he works at one of the best restaurants in the country, so probably won't be home for another 2 hours.) Not that his answer really matters, it's more of a "I didn't lie about anything, I told you I was doing this," sort of thing.

I'm afraid to wait since it seems like this will sellout relatively soon!

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon

My two other wine woot purchases: caramel chocolates and truffles. At some point, I should buy wine. In for two!!

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

CitizenPain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CitizenPain
agingdragqueen wrote:Email into service@woot.com. We actually have someone working nights now, so you should get immediate assistance!

And you guys have convinced me I need to try this. I've spent years seeing it go up and everyone go insane. I want to go insane too

Thank you!

sfabian37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfabian37

I don't really care for balsamic but, my wife just made me go in for 2! She is super excited because of all the great reviews!

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

In for 2. Auto-buy.

Drizzled some over ripe mangos, walnuts, goat cheese & spring greens tonight.

Awesome on vanilla ice cream.

CAisBurning

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning

People freaked out like this over the salted caramels, which I found merely to be 'good'.

I wonder if this is kind of the same thing; effusive gushing for the sake of effusive gushing. Maybe a group psychology thing...

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Question: how does it compare to other balsamics, Like those from gourmet stores. (oro di oliva or oilerie)

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I brought a bottle of this into a upscale dessert diner (yes I am that guy) and added it to a scoop of french vanilla ice cream. The waitress asked what it was. I told her and she seemed disgusted. I asked her to send the chef out. He came out and was skeptical but amazed after he tried it. It just goes to show that even the professionals can be shown something new

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

szecsei

quality posts: 10 Private Messages szecsei

after reading so many requests for this from the woot community, my curiosity got the better of me. took a leap of faith...

k1avg

quality posts: 82 Private Messages k1avg

Of course this stuff is good - everyone should have figured that out by now. I picked up three at the last offering - one for myself and two for gifts.

I've still got two-thirds of my own bottle left, though, so today's probably not the day to stock up. If, for some reason, this is the last time this shows up, I sincerely apologize to my future self.

--
Lawyer (of sorts) by day. Drinker of fine wines, homebrewer of fine beers, connoisseur of fine Scotches by night.
The current holdings.

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

sodalite

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sodalite
CAisBurning wrote:People freaked out like this over the salted caramels, which I found merely to be 'good'.

I wonder if this is kind of the same thing; effusive gushing for the sake of effusive gushing. Maybe a group psychology thing...

nope, those caramels were amazing... i've been delighted many times when unsuspecting guest pop one into their mouth only to be stunned of the delicious-ness.

ablickle

Fedex man brought 4 boxes holding 27 bottles of wine from Woot this morning, and now we ordered 2 bottles of Balsamic...

That's what I call a good day!

harrellj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrellj

I already have most of a bottle of balsamic (not this brand though), but all the reviews have convinced me to get this to try out as well. It'll be nice to have something good on hand when I go on my yearly binge of caprese salads

inazuma

quality posts: 3 Private Messages inazuma

How long does balsamic last? Shelf life if you will? And once opened, do I have to consume it within a certain amount of time? Lastly, does it have to be stored in certain conditions (temperature, etc.)? Thanks!

reluctant

quality posts: 9 Private Messages reluctant
samira wrote:I am just wondering if it can be THAT much better or if it is a different thing entirely?

I asked earlier about thoughts comparing this to a vincotto, but I can vouch that a vincotto is an _entirely_ different thing than a balsamic vinegar. I'm hoping that's the case with this as well.

sfabian37

ablickle wrote:Fedex man brought 4 boxes holding 27 bottles of wine from Woot ithis morning, and now we ordered 2 bottles of Balsamic...

That's what I call a good day!

Lol I now know the FedEx guy by name. He brought 5 boxes yesterday and 1 today... and when I opened the door he just laughed.

My wife think I need "WA" wooters anonymous

Lol

sfabian37

inazuma wrote:How long does balsamic last? Shelf life if you will? And once opened, do I have to consume it within a certain amount of time? Lastly, does it have to be stored in certain conditions (temperature, etc.)? Thanks!

During the last offer someone emailed the maker and asked. The expiration date was in March of 2021

It will last a very long time. But, not sure about storage and conditions

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

darn you wine.woot. again. darn you wine.woot lovers making me want this. again.

next it'll be a black tie offering I can't refuse. and darn you all then too!

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

So does this balsamic follows the delivery policy of woot? i mean do i have to sign to receive this, i am afraid to miss the delivery with my schedule..

Tunes4u

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tunes4u

In for two........was gonna wait for morning but I have been through this before.

Besides....what's the difference? It's not like I am gonna have any more money by morning anyway.....go broke now....that's what I say. Never put off until tomorrow what you can spend today.

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.

merryberry

quality posts: 10 Private Messages merryberry

The description says the bottle is 250ml, so if this was in a normal 750ml wine botte, it'd be $105, or more than a Corison Kronos Cab. Wow. It must be really good.

My Cellar in CT

saxamaphone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saxamaphone

I can finally finish my 8th bottle now that I know #s 9 & 10 are on the way. 4 made it out as gifts, but I guzzled the rest. #1 favorite use: as a replacement for sherry vinegar in Alton Brown's sardines & avocado on toast recipe. #2: drizzled over cheese pizza. #3: drizzled on slabs of Saint Andre brie. #4: in a teaspoon. #5: as a shot in a hollowed out strawberry. #6: swirled into B&Js Pistachio Pistachio ice cream. #7: as a dip for Graber olives. #8: on a blue rare buttered steak. #9: tossed with stringed string cheese. #10: splashed on stromboli.

anamya

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anamya

Whenever I have red wine vinegar at home, the taste always goes too strong before I am finished with it?

With all the reviews, I am tempted-- even though I've never made a purchase of this sort.

Does the taste change while sitting on the shelf? Should it be refrigerated?

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe

So glad I checked this before bed because if it had sold out I would of been heartbroken. Sadly I only have the money for one.

Ouze

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Ouze

The reviews convinced me. In for one. I'm not a foodie and the last bottle of balsamic I bought was around $2, so I guess I'll finally see what this balsamic thing is all about.

klezman

quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Will there be an option again for a few people to get in on the Tradizionale as well? That's happened before and I'd love to get in this time around.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby
Winedavid39 wrote:Yes, this was hard fought. Enjoy.

Now, dear WD, can we get Casa de Case to offer more of the lemon and orange olive oil? It's the most heavenly combination with this balsamic on salads, veggies and popcorn!

rino1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rino1

DO NOT REFRIGERATE! no need, and that will change the taste more than anything. Also sitting on the shelf will help this, the acids will mellow out over time giving it a more complex flavor. This is NOT red wine vinegar, this is balsamic, so much better in every way.