sledged

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sledged
rmm989 wrote:I'm another Wooster buying based on the strength of the GSM blend. Hope this is as good

Thanks! Mike

texacaliali

quality posts: 137 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

sledged wrote:Most of us have a dream of becoming a rock star, actress, or famous athlete. I would like to be mentioned in the same breath as Jamet. It is one of those wines that was an "ah ha" moment. It was the 1999 vintage. Still remember the aromas of roasted meats, bacon fat, graphite, blackberries, spice, and cassis.

I model my Syrah winemaking after theirs, very little new oak and 40 to 50% whole clusters, no fining or filtering.

excellent.

WineDavid was my Boss!

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl

Really wanted more of the GSM, that was a great bottle of wine. Haven't tried the Syrah that came with it, have too much Syrah as it is, but winemaker seems like an all around awesome guy and he says it is different and he likes it better, I am in. Will try them side by side to compare/contrast sounds like fun to me.

My wallet cries

sledged

dstearl wrote:Really wanted more of the GSM, that was a great bottle of wine. Haven't tried the Syrah that came with it, have too much Syrah as it is, but winemaker seems like an all around awesome guy and he says it is different and he likes it better, I am in. Will try them side by side to compare/contrast sounds like fun to me.

My wallet cries

Thanks! Enjoy the wine! Mike

sledged

Just a reminder...offer still stands!

Hey, everyone, to sweeten the pot. I'll add a Magnum of the 2009 Bald Mountain Syrah for anyone who buys 9 bottles of the 2006 Bald Mt Syrah. Whose in?

These will ship separately from the woot offer directly from me at the winery.

Cheers!

Mike Drash

nimhgrad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nimhgrad
sledged wrote:Just a reminder...offer still stands!

Hey, everyone, to sweeten the pot. I'll add a Magnum of the 2009 Bald Mountain Syrah for anyone who buys 9 bottles of the 2006 Bald Mt Syrah. Whose in?

Cheers!

Mike Drash

You're the worst sort of enabler.

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: Cskimmer
Speed to first woot: 2m 5.907s
Last wooter to woot: nimhgrad

sledged

nimhgrad wrote:You're the worst sort of enabler.

Last wooter to woot: nimhgrad

Thanks! ;) Enjoy the wines! Mike

Cesare

quality posts: 1673 Private Messages Cesare

Mike you sure you aren't Italian? You keep making "offers we can't refuse" :p

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sledged

Cesare wrote:Mike you sure you aren't Italian? You keep making "offers we can't refuse" :p

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn...

anglemyer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anglemyer

Cheers!

Mike Drash

In for 9.... ugh was on the fence, but guess I can be bribed Thanks for the great wines.

sledged

anglemyer wrote:In for 9.... ugh was on the fence, but guess I can be bribed Thanks for the great wines.

Enjoy! Thanks! Mike

sledged

With the Oscars 15 minutes from starting, it seems like a perfect night for some Tallulah Syrah. Ms Bankhead would be proud!

mbmiche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mbmiche

Dear Mike,

As a somewhat frequent wine.wooter, and a very frequent board reader, I must say that your enthusiastic participation, willingness to accomodate, zeal for (really good) wine, stellar deals, and interaction with the community have been awesome. I have a feeling that your name will quickly be added to the "auto buy" short-list of many wooters.

Thank you (and please keep the deals coming!)

Your Fan,
Matt

sledged

mbmiche wrote:Dear Mike,

As a somewhat frequent wine.wooter, and a very frequent board reader, I must say that your enthusiastic participation, willingness to accomodate, zeal for (really good) wine, stellar deals, and interaction with the community have been awesome. I have a feeling that your name will quickly be added to the "auto buy" short-list of many wooters.

Your Fan,
Matt

Glad to participate and buy good wines too! Thanks! Mike

mbmiche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mbmiche
sledged wrote:Glad to participate and buy good wines too! Thanks! Mike

Speaking of good wines...
I was just perusing your website and looking at the wine club information. The FAQ says that one bottle of each new release wine will be shipped bi-annually, but the benefits page lists two bottles of each release per shipment. Not that I wouldn't adjust to two (or more) per shipment anyways (wife's desires witstanding of course...), but do shipments include one or two of each label?

Thanks again!

sledged

mbmiche wrote:Speaking of good wines...
I was just perusing your website and looking at the wine club information. The FAQ says that one bottle of each new release wine will be shipped bi-annually, but the benefits page lists two bottles of each release per shipment. Not that I wouldn't adjust to two (or more) per shipment anyways (wife's desires witstanding of course...), but do shipments include one or two of each label?

Thanks again!

It is 2 bottles of 2 wines, 3 times a year (so 1 case annually). Nice catch, I'll make the change.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Mike,
How would you compare this to your Les Trois Voix? I LOVE that wine!!! so smooth and yummy!!

sledged

mommadeb1 wrote:Mike,
How would you compare this to your Les Trois Voix? I LOVE that wine!!! so smooth and yummy!!

The Les Trois Voix has more rose petal, red fruit, and is lighter on its feet than the Bald Mt Syrah. The Bald Mt is a denser wine but I could smell it all day long! I swear if you decant it, your property value will go up.

Seriously, a Syrah lovers, Syrah. The GSM is my wife's favorite but the Bald Mt is all mine!

Mike

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
sledged wrote:The Les Trois Voix has more rose petal, red fruit, and is lighter on its feet than the Bald Mt Syrah. The Bald Mt is a denser wine but I could smell it all day long! I swear if you decant it, your property value will go up.

Seriously, a Syrah lovers, Syrah. The GSM is my wife's favorite but the Bald Mt is all mine!

Mike

Thanks... I am a big fan of bold, dense wine..... I think I will take a chance and order! Thanks for all your participation!!

sledged

mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks... I am a big fan of bold, dense wine..... I think I will take a chance and order! Thanks for all your participation!!

Thanks and enjoy the wine! Mike

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
losthighwayz wrote:Do you recall how much you paid for the wtso offering? I hate that they done keep a log like WW and Cinderella. Also, hiw do you access WTSO member ratings? Thanks

2/17
Today we are offering Tallulah Wines
Del Rio Vineyard,
Oregon
Syrah 2007
originally priced at $26.00 and available now for only $14.99.
Ground shipping is free with your purchase of 4 bottle(s).

For ratings, if you've purchased the wine of interest, go to my cellar and click on the wine name.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
mbmiche wrote:Dear Mike,

Your Fan,
Matt

Very well said, Matt, and I couldn't agree more. Us wooters are a pretty discerning but loyal bunch when it comes to our favorite winemakers and Mike is climbing the charts with a bullet!

I hope to see many more Tallulah offers in the future.

sledged

Thanks for all the kind words. If anyone is ever in Napa look me up. We've got a great place in downtown to taste and the vineyards aren't too far away, as well!

yalina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yalina

I'm a sucker for deals! Made my first wine.woot order and it had to break the bank! In for 9 bottles.

sledged

yalina wrote:I'm a sucker for deals! Made my first wine.woot order and it had to break the bank! In for 9 bottles.

Thanks and I have a magnum of the 2009 with your name on it! Mike

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
yalina wrote:I'm a sucker for deals! Made my first wine.woot order and it had to break the bank! In for 9 bottles.

Welcome to the madness! You're screwed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Cheers!

Mike Drash

Mike:

I'm in for 9 bottles....resisting was just futile...tired of wrestling with the thought of passing up such a great offer...Thanks again!

Hope to see you again soon!

sledged

bobrush12866 wrote:Mike:

I'm in for 9 bottles....resisting was just futile...tired of wrestling with the thought of passing up such a great offer...Thanks again!

Hope to see you again soon!

Thanks and enjoy the wine!

kainers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kainers
sledged wrote: I swear if you decant it, your property value will go up.
Mike

Ha :D In for 9 myself :P.

sledged

Hats off to David's genius, Tallulah Wines on Oscar night, very cool!

sledged

Thanks to everyone who ordered my wine. Look forward to future offerings!

Mike Drash
Father of Tallulah

curt11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages curt11

Well... Blasted through all the links and posts here in 10 mins and, with 4 mins to spare...

Last wooter to woot: curt11

CatherineB

quality posts: 3 Private Messages CatherineB
sledged wrote:Thanks to everyone who ordered my wine. Look forward to future offerings!

Mike Drash
Father of Tallulah

Thank you again as well, Mike! For your participation and offers - can't wait until both of the wines arrive!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:2/17
Today we are offering Tallulah Wines
Del Rio Vineyard,
Oregon
Syrah 2007
originally priced at $26.00 and available now for only $14.99.
Ground shipping is free with your purchase of 4 bottle(s).

For ratings, if you've purchased the wine of interest, go to my cellar and click on the wine name.

Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

kainers

Hi, Was just wondering when the magnums were going to be shipped?

sledged

kainers wrote:Hi, Was just wondering when the magnums were going to be shipped?

They will be shipped the first of April. We just bottled them and are letting the corks expand out before shipping to avoid leakers. Thanks!

kainers

sledged wrote:They will be shipped the first of April. We just bottled them and are letting the corks expand out before shipping to avoid leakers. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks so much for that again, was really cool of you to do.

anglemyer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anglemyer
kainers wrote:Awesome, thanks so much for that again, was really cool of you to do.

Any word on the magnums shipping?
Thanks,
Tim

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski

Hey folks, Any follow-ups on opinions for the 2007 Bald Mountain Syrah? It is listed on Lot18. While the reviews on CT are decent the rating are not ver the top. What did you think?