PRODUCT: 3 2007 Tor del Colle Brindisi Riserva
CT link above

Website

Previous offer:
2/4/12 (Montepulciano)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

CT! http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=809248

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I must've misinterpreted the clue.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Not quite what I was expecting...

VARIETAL COMPOSITION: Negroamaro 80%, Malvasia Nera 10%, Sangiovese 10%

?

sledged

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sledged

Alright, I'm an Pinky. Need to recheck my calendar...

Looks like good stuff, though. I'm in.

redwinefan

Maybe the "bon vivant southern debutant" that WD was referring to in the last thread is from Southern Italy? Although Venezia is in Northern Italy

redwinefan

sledged wrote:Alright, I'm an Pinky. Need to recheck my calendar...

Let's try this again on Sunday.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

On wine-search, it seems you can find this wine for about the same price (but that may not include shipping):
http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-207852-0001-botter-tor-del-colle-brindisi-riserva-puglia-italy

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

Sounds like Tallulah is up tomorrow, not today.

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

It wasn't just you, WD dropped a pretty clear hint this evening.

liverman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages liverman

I like Italian wines..I'll take a chance on this one...expanding my horizons.

If I don't like it, it'll go to my wife's cousin at Easter dinner!

...nah, I'm not really that mean

Regards,

Greg

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh
trifecta wrote:Sounds like Tallulah is up tomorrow, not today.

I agree - the clue was pretty solid - wasn't the clue usually for the Monday morning offer though?

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
jchasma wrote:CT! http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=809248

Um, the above link is for 2005 not 2007.

Cesare has the correct CT link (as usual).

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh

Also, I have had one of the d'abbruzo already and enjoyed it.

Still, I'll have to pass - already have about 40 bottles on the way from woot this past week and afraid to look at my card damage!

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss

Not having any Italian wines how does this compare to the 2006 cab from the kits killer cab deal a while back? Just opened one of them and it is awesome. I am trying to get a taste difference, not trying to compare them.

chipgreen

jimjacks66 wrote:Um, the above link is for 2005 not 2007.

Cesare has the correct CT link (as usual).

Cesare actually created the CT listing for the 2007 vintage, they only had 2005 and 2006 listed until now. Not sure why people try to race to post the CT link when they know Cesare is going to do it anyway.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
redwinefan wrote:Maybe the "bon vivant southern debutant" that WD was referring to in the last thread is from Southern Italy? Although Venezia is in Northern Italy

Not sure where Brindisi is, but Negroamaro is famously grown for Sicilian wines, and also used in other parts of southern Italy. EDIT: Oops! see below, I was confusing Negroamaro with Nero d'Avola, which is the Sicilian grape, and this is mostly from Puglia, and Southern Italy, but the rest is about right. I've been up all night, ok, and it's 6am here, and that was from my android. Wonder if the moderators will change the pullout text on the The Great Wakkorotti message as a result, so as not to confuse the punters!

It loves warm weather and sunshine, and a lot of places in California would do well by replacing their Cab, chard etc with Negroamaro and other Italian and Spanish varieties.

The ones I've tried make nice hefty dark wines with plenty of tannins.

Cesare

quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare
richardhod wrote:Not sure where Brindisi its, but Negroamaro is famously grown for Sicilian wines, and also used in other parts of southern Italy. it loves warm weather and sunshine, and a lot of places in California would do well by replacing their Cab, chard etc with Negroamaro and other Italian and Spanish varieties.

The ones I've tried make great, hefty dark wines with plenty of tannins.

Puglia, Southern Italy.
I got a case of the Montepulciano but didn't try it yet. Guess I know what I'm drinking with dinner tomorrow...

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare
chipgreen wrote:Cesare actually created the CT listing for the 2007 vintage, they only had 2005 and 2006 listed until now. Not sure why people try to race to post the CT link when they know Cesare is going to do it anyway.

AND I uploaded the picture for the 2007.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

trifecta wrote:Sounds like Tallulah is up tomorrow, not today.

Yeahhhhhhhh, I think you're on to something there.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

richardhod

Cesare wrote:Puglia, Southern Italy.
I got a case of the Montepulciano but didn't try it yet. Guess I know what I'm drinking with dinner tomorrow...

You may be right.. There is another similarly named grape from Sicily then't. Yes I was thinking of Nero D'Avola. This its softer and more fragrant than that, but it still likes southern Italian weather
I do like negroamaro in a Salice Salentino, I do know that, which is from Salentino, near Puglia.

jimjacks66

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jimjacks66
chipgreen wrote:Cesare actually created the CT listing for the 2007 vintage, they only had 2005 and 2006 listed until now. Not sure why people try to race to post the CT link when they know Cesare is going to do it anyway.

Agree fully chipgreen. Thus my original post in reply to the incorrect CT link.

redwinefan

richardhod wrote:Not sure where Brindisi its, but Negroamaro is famously grown for Sicilian wines, and also used in other parts of southern Italy.

Ahhhh... I was just going off the winery location of Venezia on the offer page which I guess is just for the exporter, not the actual winery.

chipgreen

Cesare wrote:AND I uploaded the picture for the 2007.

I come to praise Cesare, not to bury him!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Hope you got caught up on some sleep last night!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

The LA Times Wine Club has it for $16.99 a bottle. Here's their write up if interested:
http://www.latwineclub.com/index.cfm?s=shop&t=/shop/proddetail.cfm&item=22314&src=LAT
Or vinesse.com has this write up for the same price at http://www.vinesse.com/index.cfm?s=shop&t=/shopV/proddetail.cfm&item=22314&src=uk

chipgreen

jimjacks66 wrote:Agree fully chipgreen. Thus my original post in reply to the incorrect CT link.

Yes, he is the Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme, after all!

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
richardhod wrote:Not sure where Brindisi its, but Negroamaro is famously grown for Sicilian wines, and also used in other parts of southern Italy. it loves warm weather and sunshine, and a lot of places in California would do well by replacing their Cab, chard etc with Negroamaro and other Italian and Spanish varieties.

The ones I've tried make great, hefty dark wines with plenty of tannins.

See map:

http://www.wine-searcher.com/regions-brindisi

Many years ago, I spent a wonderful few days there. I remember delicious meals out in the Mediterranean sun, drinking $1 bottles of the local wine... no labels, just delicious and perfect for washing down plates of pasta with wonderful sauce and of course bread.

Have to get some of this, just for the memories.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
richardhod wrote:You may be right.. There is another similarly named grape from Sicily then't. Yes I was thinking of Nero D'Avola. This its softer and more fragrant than that, but it still likes southern Italian weather
I do like negroamaro in a Salice Salentino, I do know that, which is from Salentino, near Puglia.

Ahhh... Salice Salentino! Talk about hearty wine!

stylen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stylen

Pinot noir where are youuuuuu

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum
jmdavidson wrote:The LA Times Wine Club has it for $16.99 a bottle. Here's their write up if interested:
http://www.latwineclub.com/index.cfm?s=shop&t=/shop/proddetail.cfm&item=22314&src=LAT
Or vinesse.com has this write up for the same price at http://www.vinesse.com/index.cfm?s=shop&t=/shopV/proddetail.cfm&item=22314&src=uk

That $16.99 per bottle doesn't include shipping or tax, which bumps up the per bottle to about $24.

richardhod

speedoo wrote:Ahhh... Salice Salentino! Talk about hearty wine!

Interestingly, this also has Malvasia Nera in the blend, which makes it perhaps very close to a Salice Salentino... and indeed looking at the map Brindisi is just to the north of Salice. The Sangiovese wouldn't be allowed in a Salice Salentino blend, however!

vannknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vannknight
Cesare wrote:Puglia, Southern Italy.

I drank one of the Montepulcianos earlier this week and was pleasanty surprised.

alvaroeacosta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alvaroeacosta

I ordered the Montepulciano 4-pack and I've already had two bottles. I think it is excellent. Smooth, easy-drinking, great by itself or with pizza/pasta.

dalylink

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dalylink

Interesting summary from the LA Times Wine Club and Vinesse:

This spicy, savory wine offers notes of ripe cherry, meat, licorice, blackberry, spices, toasted nuts and caramel.

I'm having trouble imagining how the meat and caramel blend with the other flavors.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda

"Oh my word" (been listening to a "Town Like Alice" BOT-had been debating and debating on this -finally decided to go for it and experience a new wine and would'nt you know-No Virginia!!!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
dalylink wrote:Interesting summary from the LA Times Wine Club and Vinesse:

This spicy, savory wine offers notes of ripe cherry, meat, licorice, blackberry, spices, toasted nuts and caramel.

I'm having trouble imagining how the meat and caramel blend with the other flavors.

Imagine this for a minute:

Take a large pork loin, butterfly or even better cut a spiral in to lay it out thinner. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, and thinly sliced fennel (slight licorice flavor).
Roll this back up and tie with cooking twine. Roll this in a mixture of Italian herbs. Place on a baking pan and drape the meat with strips of fatty bacon to keep the loin moist. Cook slowly for 3-4 hours. For the last 30 min or so, pull off the bacon and allow the roast to take on some color.

Serve sliced into pinwheels and spoon fresh warm cherry/blackberry compote over the top. Serve with a wild rice blend or scalloped potatoes (of the Cream, Butter, Potato, spices variety, no cheese). And a favorite green vegetable.

Since the nutty/caramel comment is almost certainly a finish then I propose this for dessert: sweet pecan crusted cheesecake with a caramel drizzle leaving a rich long finish in your mouth.

And THAT is how those flavors go together.

And now I have 12 hours of work before even thinking about dinner.... Gee thanks

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2
dianefreda wrote:"Oh my word" (been listening to a "Town Like Alice" BOT-had been debating and debating on this -finally decided to go for it and experience a new wine and would'nt you know-No Virginia!!!

Which I'm guessing might be an error. The '2007 Tor del Colle Montepulciano' offer from earlier this month shipped to Virginia.

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

I want this, I enjoyed the Montepulciano. Unfortunately, VA is not on the list, how can that be when the other order from the same winery was sent to VA? Tell me you made a mistake, please...

Eastcoastmary

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eastcoastmary

and I should add, I'm making lasagna tonight to drink with the Montepulciano.
yum