ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 151 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
jmdavidson wrote:From their writeup, 10/7/2011: Note that we got our hands on the final cases of this wine, so please be sure to consider today’s offering carefully.

Apparently they didn't get their hands on the final cases. You can't believe everything you read!

I tried to look up the wine spies link and couldn't get it to come up. I'm interested in what they said when they said they had the last cases. Can someone bring it up? I do know that when I bottled the wine on 6/3/10 that I bottled a total of 447 cases all with labels, but no foils. At a later date, Gazzi bought foils and put them on at the warehouse using my foil machine. As of this offering there is a total of 170 cases of 12/750ml.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

I really preferred the 06 to the 07. The 06 was 100% Pinot and had much more going on in the glass and nose. I wish this one didn't have the Syrah in it, but I'm going in on for one because its still good juice - just not as good.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

ScottHarveyWines

cindihoward wrote:Is royal blue an unusual color for the label and capsule on a bottle?

Yes, but Gazzi liked it. The food industry usually stays away from blue because they think it represents ptomaine poisoning.

Bione

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Bione
Cesare wrote:yay sleep

Thank you for another Herculean (or should that be Caesarian?) effort!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I tried to look up the wine spies link and couldn't get it to come up. I'm interested in what they said when they said they had the last cases. Can someone bring it up? I do know that when I bottled the wine on 6/2/10 that I bottled a total of 447 cases all with labels, but no foils. At a later date, Gazzi bought foils and put them on at the warehouse using my foil machine. As of this offering there is a total of 170 cases of 12/750ml.

Try this clicky link: Wine Spies Write-up

Their conclusion noted: "Conclusion – Today’s Pinot Noir really took our tasting panel by surprise! This delicious wine drinks well above its price class, delivering an aromatic, flavorful and balanced drinking experience that we really enjoyed. Winemaker, Scott Harvey, is well-known to our Operatives, and when we learned that he was the creative power behind today’s wine, we jumped at the chance to sample it. Obviously, we loved it enough to bring it to you, today. Note that we got our hands on the final cases of this wine, so please be sure to consider today’s offering carefully; We don’t want you to miss out on this food-friendly, approachable, delicious, Super QPR wine."

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ScottHarveyWines

North316 wrote:Scott,

Would you say this is a drink now wine, or does it still have any evolution left in it?

I would say a drink now wine with about 3 more years left.

ScottHarveyWines

North316 wrote:Try this clicky link: Wine Spies Write-up

Their conclusion noted: "Conclusion – Today’s Pinot Noir really took our tasting panel by surprise! This delicious wine drinks well above its price class, delivering an aromatic, flavorful and balanced drinking experience that we really enjoyed. Winemaker, Scott Harvey, is well-known to our Operatives, and when we learned that he was the creative power behind today’s wine, we jumped at the chance to sample it. Obviously, we loved it enough to bring it to you, today. Note that we got our hands on the final cases of this wine, so please be sure to consider today’s offering carefully; We don’t want you to miss out on this food-friendly, approachable, delicious, Super QPR wine."

I need to check into if I made them believe they were the last cases or not. They usually send me a questionnaire to fill out before they post the wine.

North316

ScottHarveyWines wrote:I would say a drink now wine with about 3 more years left.

Sounds good to me. I already bought one before your response anyway.

See you in Wooster!

My CT

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

I know I've said this on the Gazzi Pinots before, but I really love them for a "light red blend" niche. The 2007 was really different than the 2006, and the syrah addition kind of takes it out of the recognizable/good pinot noir range for me.

However, I really like it when I need something to pair with those meals that need something more than a white, and less than a heavy hitting red. Price point is great. In for 2 - hoping the 2008 is comparable to the 2007.

dschminkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschminkey

Would this be a good choice for a first time wine purchaser? I've always figured if you are going to start divulging in something might as well just jump in and learn to swim. Your feedback is much appreciated!! Thanks.

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

OK, in for 1.

I've been trying to play with Sonoma Coast Pinots for the last few months and at this price point I couldn't resist. I mean, I just got five bottles of it for the same amount I spent on one bottle of Paul Hobbs.

The only hesitation I had was on the Syrah in the blend, which I assume is in there to bolster the body. I'm a fan of light and complex more than fruit bomb weight with PN, so here's hoping it is still on the delicate side of the ledger.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda
jhkey wrote:I really preferred the 06 to the 07. The 06 was 100% Pinot and had much more going on in the glass and nose. I wish this one didn't have the Syrah in it, but I'm going in on for one because its still good juice - just not as good.

I liked the addition of the Syrah-gave it more interest to me

mplarkin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mplarkin
dschminkey wrote:Would this be a good choice for a first time wine purchaser? I've always figured if you are going to start divulging in something might as well just jump in and learn to swim. Your feedback is much appreciated!! Thanks.

Hard to say with the info you've provided. Do you drink much red wine? Do you like Pinot?

Even if you don't care for Pinot, this is a crowd pleaser. The bottle is ugly as sin, but my friends and family LOVE this wine (even one of my relatives who isn't a fan of Pinot). I wish I could feel good about giving it as a gift, but the label... Ugh.

It's a blessing in disguise I suppose that I have to keep them for myself.

Scott, any Inzinerator offerings coming up?

sww9998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sww9998

Why can't this ship to Missouri? I've gotten other wine from you in the last few months!

ScottHarveyWines

mplarkin wrote:Hard to say with the info you've provided. Do you drink much red wine? Do you like Pinot?

Even if you don't care for Pinot, this is a crowd pleaser. The bottle is ugly as sin, but my friends and family LOVE this wine (even one of my relatives who isn't a fan of Pinot). I wish I could feel good about giving it as a gift, but the label... Ugh.

No InZinerator on the table right now. Getting ready to put together another bottling blend this next week.

ScottHarveyWines

sww9998 wrote:Why can't this ship to Missouri? I've gotten other wine from you in the last few months!

Not sure, I'll check in with the office when they show up at 8 AM.

North316

sww9998 wrote:Why can't this ship to Missouri? I've gotten other wine from you in the last few months!

I'm guessing that separate licensing needs to be obtained for the "Gazzi" label.

My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
omgad wrote:I've always thought the label was ugly..

I like the label. It's a macho Pinot with a label to match!

This is not a thin, delicate, flowery Pinot Noir. The Syrah adds some oomph to it, making this wine into a bold Pinot hybrid.

ScottHarveyWines

catfishhunters99 wrote:OK, in for 1.

I've been trying to play with Sonoma Coast Pinots for the last few months and at this price point I couldn't resist. I mean, I just got five bottles of it for the same amount I spent on one bottle of Paul Hobbs.

The only hesitation I had was on the Syrah in the blend, which I assume is in there to bolster the body. I'm a fan of light and complex more than fruit bomb weight with PN, so here's hoping it is still on the delicate side of the ledger.

I mentioned this with the 2007 Pinot. The Syarh was put in the blend to use it up. Gazzi decided to stop growing Syrah and discontinue it because the bottom had dropped out of the Syrah market. So I used up the remaining Syrah in the cellar by blending it across the Pinots. The Pinots stand well enough on their own. The Syrah adds a little structure and mid palate.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I need to check into if I made them believe they were the last cases or not. They usually send me a questionnaire to fill out before they post the wine.

Note the date of their post was October 7, 2011.

I went in for one last night before turning out the light, but now I think I want another. I'm going to send a msg to the service people and cross my fingers!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

ScottHarveyWines

North316 wrote:I'm guessing that separate licensing needs to be obtained for the "Gazzi" label.

I would think that sense Gazzi is produced under our winery bond/license, it can ship to all the States we are licensed in. You may be right, we might not have the Gazzi label licensed in all the States we have our label licensed in. I'll find out at 8 AM.

dschminkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschminkey
mplarkin wrote:Hard to say with the info you've provided. Do you drink much red wine? Do you like Pinot?

Thanks for the reply, I really don't know what wine I like. I have had a few glasses that others recommended at dinner before. Never been wine tasting, would it be reckless to order these?

PTommins

quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Yes, but Gazzi liked it. The food industry usually stays away from blue because they think it represents ptomaine poisoning.

Call me twisted, but I actually like the label. They're easy to spot on my wine racks, which happen to be full thanks to WW.

mnesting

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mnesting

I bought five bottles of the 2007 Gazzi Pinot Noir last June and then five more again in August. I thought it was excellent and a great QPR. I don't often leave myself any tasting notes aside from "like or dislike" but for this one I left a private note to myself that says "Buy some more of this if it becomes available again on Woot." I'm almost out of the 2007 so I'm in for two of these. Hopefully it will be just as good.

North316

dschminkey wrote:Thanks for the reply, I really don't know what wine I like. I have had a few glasses that others recommended at dinner before. Never been wine tasting, would it be reckless to order these?

It is never reckless to order something made by Scott Harvey.

My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 179 Private Messages chipgreen
mnesting wrote:I bought five bottles of the 2007 Gazzi Pinot Noir last June and then five more again in August. I thought it was excellent and a great QPR. I don't often leave myself any tasting notes aside from "like or dislike" but for this one I left a private note to myself that says "Buy some more of this if it becomes available again on Woot." I'm almost out of the 2007 so I'm in for two of these. Hopefully it will be just as good.

They're very similar. You will be happy.

WaltW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WaltW

I bought the '07 last year -- one of my early Wine.Woot purchases after some Pedroncelli, Hendry, and Davis Family. The Gazzi is all gone now but it was one that if I needed to make a quick selection for a meal I could pick it and not have to worry if it had aged enough or was too expensive for the occasion. Not a complex wine but no bad traits and enjoyable to drink with and without food.

confusedemmy

quality posts: 21 Private Messages confusedemmy

Like the previous posters, I bought the previous vintage as one of my earlier woots. Decent, quaffable, not a killer pinot by any stretch but a good "everyday" drinker.

I will note that the last ones we drank were quite improved over the earlier ones, so I would recommend holding this for at least 6 months. Should be easy after that unending woot-off we went through!

AVNGME

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AVNGME

Everytime I see these wines come up I try to grab some. For the money they cannot be beat. I thought the 07 was outstanding and the 08 a bit more fruity - which helps me bridge the gap with friends who are just starting to like red wines. Bought two this time around.

oncman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oncman

Only one bottle left from the last go around. I haven't met a "Scott Harvey " I didn't like yet. I'm in again.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
sdfreedive wrote:it's over

and not a minute too soon,
9 wine woots this week to the tune of $550, not to mention the regular candy woot.
Fedex guys gonna be busy the next two weeks.

I agree with everyone bring on the whites..... that way I won't be tempted to buy any more for awhile.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

I was hesitating, waiting for a little more feedback, but big gold button is bouncing! In for one, especially since the only thing I got during the .off was sea salt turtles!

Whew! Order in just under the wire.

catfishhunters99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

Wow - this one is now bouncing. Last call, people!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
PTommins wrote:Call me twisted, but I actually like the label. They're easy to spot on my wine racks, which happen to be full thanks to WW.

Best label I have seen so far was the one on Swami 2009 Pinot Noir

TrudiCMT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TrudiCMT

I pulled the trigger, but I hope it doesn't arrive too soon. How long will FedEx hold a package like this?

eluofthenine

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eluofthenine

ordered with skepticism.... mixed reviews lead me to believe it's a good daily qpr wine but not a great wine. but a daily PINOT that has to be opened up some say "a day before you want to drink it?" we'll see.

WaltW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WaltW
TrudiCMT wrote:I pulled the trigger, but I hope it doesn't arrive too soon. How long will FedEx hold a package like this?

The policy is up to five business days.

wootyougot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootyougot

Im clicking on I WANT ONE... and it loads and then nothing happens, curious.

wootyougot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages wootyougot

Ah, that explains it. they were SOLD OUT.

Darn.

stylen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stylen

Bought this last night b4 bed and was considering in for another, but it's sold out before 8 am PST?!