0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Got this the last time it was up, but have only tried the Pinot.

It was OK, but not great. Very light, almost subdued, not very complex, but would make a good enough Tuesday night wine. I haven't dug into the whites yet though, as I've been saving my whites for the summer months.

Overall I would say that for the price, this is well worth the money, just don't expect to get a $50 bottle of Pinot out of the deal.

Cesare

quality posts: 1625 Private Messages Cesare

AlexEli Vineyards & Winery Willamette Valley Sampler
$57.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Oregon Mixed
PRODUCTS:
2 2008 AlexEli Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
1 2008 AlexEli Willamette Valley Gewürztraminer
1 2009 AlexEli Willamette Valley Riesling
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/13/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

phaedracook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phaedracook

These seem to rate pretty decently. In for one.

sightseer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sightseer

Hmmm can't get shipped to Georgia. Bummer.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I'm surviving this woot-off so far (thank FSM!).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
sightseer wrote:Hmmm can't get shipped to Georgia. Bummer.

Bummer x2, no Ohio either but I already knew that from last time they were offered. Still, I checked the states list just in case.

These wines are Kosher for anyone who wants to know.

EDIT: Previous Offer

silent7seven

quality posts: 12 Private Messages silent7seven

No Idaho shipping from Oregon? Ouch.

---------------------------
And so we go, on with our lives
We know the truth, but prefer lies
Lies are simple, simple is bliss
Why go against tradition when we can
Admit defeat, live in decline

bsevern

Here's the thread from the last offer:

Jan 12, 2012 Offer

anglemyer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anglemyer

Bought 1 last time around and in for 2 this time just for the whites. Haven't even tried the pinot yet.... but Willamette pinot can't be too bad for the price.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Got this the last time it was up, but have only tried the Pinot.

It was OK, but not great. Very light, almost subdued, not very complex, but would make a good enough Tuesday night wine. I haven't dug into the whites yet though, as I've been saving my whites for the summer months.

Overall I would say that for the price, this is well worth the money, just don't expect to get a $50 bottle of Pinot out of the deal.

Thanks for sucking on one and the mini-rat; I've not yet gotten around to any of mine, but $15 for Tuesday is pushing it a bit for me.

CT

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
anglemyer wrote:Bought 1 last time around and in for 2 this time just for the whites. Haven't even tried the pinot yet.... but Willamette pinot can't be too bad for the price.

Give us your reviews of the whites, please!!

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
bsevern wrote:Here's the thread from the last offer:

Jan 12, 2012 Offer

Well worth the read for anyone who might be on the fence. Excellent participation from Phil, the winemaker. (and a lot of whining about the relative lack of ship-to states from myself and others, lol)

sdbcmr

quality posts: 16 Private Messages sdbcmr

This looks to be about $60 worth of wine for about ... well ... $63.

bigbear83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigbear83

Got our hopes up and then no Ohio. Boo.

anglemyer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anglemyer
richardhod wrote:Give us your reviews of the whites, please!!

I should of been more clear. My wife loved the whites and when she's happy the house is happy I had a glass of the riesling and it was good. Dry enough for my taste, but enough fruit and sweetness for my wife to tell me to buy more if it came back. Sorry for the poor review, but I didn't take notes and can't remember the specifics.

claudicina

quality posts: 34 Private Messages claudicina

I love the fact that I live 45 minutes from the Oregon border, and can't get it shipped here to Idaho. Stupid!

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999

Your math is perfect; this doesn't seem like a deal, but more of a convenience for us hooked on the woot-off.

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999
sdbcmr wrote:This looks to be about $60 worth of wine for about ... well ... $63.

Your math is perfect; this doesn't seem like a deal, but more of a convenience for us hooked on the woot-off.

bsevern

If I didn't have half a bottle of Tempranillo at home to kill tonight, I'd open the second bottle of AlexEli Pinot just to refresh my memory, this could be a really nice deal, I just don't recall it being stellar, but it's always worth a second look

mplarkin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mplarkin

I'm not usually this open with people, but I want to get some advice on a very personal issue.

You see, my next Woot! will be my 100th. I REALLY want it to be special, and this is a good looking offer, but I'm just not sure. What if it's not as good as it looks? I don't want to regret my decision.

Should I hold out for that very special offer, or go ahead and give in to temptation? What if I don't find the Woot! that's right for me? If I wait too long, will I have to settle for a wine barrel stave or a mini barbecue grill?

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt
claudicina wrote:I love the fact that I live 45 minutes from the Oregon border, and can't get it shipped here to Idaho. Stupid!

Sounds like you should set up a mail addy at a Fed-ex/kinkos or UPS store just across the border!

CT Updating, please wait....

mplarkin

hogfatt wrote:Sounds like you should set up a mail addy at a Fed-ex/kinkos or UPS store just across the border!

Good thinking. His BAC can't possibly get high enough to blow .08 within 45 minutes.

hogfatt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt
mplarkin wrote:I'm not usually this open with people, but I want to get some advice on a very personal issue.

You see, my next Woot! will be my 100th. I REALLY want it to be special, and this is a good looking offer, but I'm just not sure. What if it's not as good as it looks? I don't want to regret my decision.

Should I hold out for that very special offer, or go ahead and give in to temptation? What if I don't find the Woot! that's right for me? If I wait too long, will I have to settle for a wine barrel stave or a mini barbecue grill?

Looks like you already went in, or you mis-counted...you have the black square.

I just hit 100 on the Expression PN that came up which is a little special for me as xpinotguyx hooked me up with a good tasting at their facilities in Napa, and the wine was absolutely gorgeous IMO.

CT Updating, please wait....

claudicina

quality posts: 34 Private Messages claudicina
silent7seven wrote:No Idaho shipping from Oregon? Ouch.

Idaho here as well. What part are you?

tdonut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdonut

I am actually drinking the AlexEli Riesling from their last Woot offering as we speak. Clean and very light. It's not a wine that would stand up to, well, anything, but it's a decent wine for sipping with a spicy salsa or a few cookies. If I didn't still have the other 3 (the pinots, and the gertzhoweveryouspellit), I'd be in for another. Sadly, we are running out of space in the basement!

Krugsters

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Krugsters

We were drinking the Pinot from this offering when it popped up tonight.

This is an excellent everyday drinking Pinot. Soft yet vibrant cherry notes with a hint of tartness and spice. Well balanced, excellent structure and great for either pairing or sipping. Typical Willamette pinot, great value.

We really like the Pinot so we are ordering again. Haven't tried the whites as of yet.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
mplarkin wrote:I'm not usually this open with people, but I want to get some advice on a very personal issue.

I hate to be the bearer of untold news, but the info above your Avatar shows you already have +100woots.

EDIT: Too late, Hogfatt beat me to it.

dfstineh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dfstineh

Well, there's always the 200th purchase milestone to look forward to. Yes, we're all enablers here...

mplarkin

hogfatt wrote:Looks like you already went in, or you mis-counted...you have the black square.

I just hit 100 on the Expression PN that came up which is a little special for me as xpinotguyx hooked me up with a good tasting at their facilities in Napa, and the wine was absolutely gorgeous IMO.

That's just weird. It's showing 99 for me.

alexelivineyard

quality posts: 11 Private Messages alexelivineyard

Thanks everyone who Wooted for us!... Interesting and appreciated to get all of your feedback! For those of you who have had some of our wines I hope you enjoyed them.. Our whites are light and refreshing, with good fruit tones and balance. The Pinot is a Pommard Pinot.. typical of this clone is a lighter body , lower oak tannin, and with a bit of acidity.. I find to be very characteristic of a Pinot you might find across the Atlantic. In fact it held up very well at the London Wine Expo last year. For a touch over wholesale pricing its a good deal. Thanks everyone!