PRODUCTS:
1 Damn Spicy Pickles 24oz Jar
1 Whiskey Sour Pickles 24oz Jar
1 NYC Deli Pickles 24oz Jar

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

Pickled pickles!

Ruger9mm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ruger9mm

You can buy like a gallon of pickles at sams club for $5.

sadsephiroth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sadsephiroth

Correct me if wrong, aren't these 12.95 on their site?

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Yum, NY Deli pickles! Quick story. When I was a young boy I was at a NY deli with my dad. He got a sour pickle from the wood barrel. He then proceeded to shake off the excess juice. The old lady standing behind him exclaimed: "Don't you shake your pickle at me!" My father was a muscular man who played semi pro football. While I was only a young child at the time, I have never seen a man of his stature turn so red.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

morethangood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morethangood

dunno if I wanna spend this much money on 3 jars of pickles...

morethangood

"Denny's is for winners"

wickedhoopla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wickedhoopla

yeah but these are organic and don't have nasty preservatives in them or fake color! they do look good quality you got to pay for

thechumslick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thechumslick

Am I actually temped to buy these?

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

I can get these locally, so no order for me, but let me say that this is a good deal even with the delivery costs. Normally they retail for around $10 a jar, so the xtra jar is half-off.

They are all pretty good also. When you are done with the pickles, you can use the brine as a one-shot marinade for steamed veggies also. These also make killer add-ins for bloody marys (which I don't like) or vodka martinis (which I do).

migwit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages migwit

These are $12.95 on their website, and can run around $14 on "gourmet food" websites. I haven't seen these locally.

Definitely not your $5/gallon pickles, from the descriptions.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
sadsephiroth wrote:Correct me if wrong, aren't these 12.95 on their site?

12.95 for one jar, instead of three?

trevorcsmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trevorcsmith
sadsephiroth wrote:Correct me if wrong, aren't these 12.95 on their site?

$12.95 for one of those jars, this deal has three.

Im still outside, hangin around in trees.

UncleFroG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages UncleFroG

Bummer... it seems they're all sweet (semi-sweet) pickles.

For the people who have tried them; how sweet are these? I don't like sweet pickles at all, not even bread and butter.

12 Bags of Crap and counting!

iamhappy726

quality posts: 10 Private Messages iamhappy726

So many choices. I'm in a pickle as to which one to choose.

thatgrrl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages thatgrrl

I have a jar of the Whiskey Sour variety in my fridge right now. They're spicy. Not "oh good lord, make it stop" spicy. They just leave a bit of fire on the tongue. Makes me wonder how spicy the really spicy ones must be, though.

BTW, the jar I have still has a price tag of $8.99 on it. Purchased recently and locally in Virginia.

darktide00

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darktide00

These r super awesome at 2am, seriously.... Buy them....

I told you not to bother me while I'm cleaning my Room!

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
Ruger9mm wrote:You can buy like a gallon of pickles at sams club for $5.

Yea, that's the problem.
I wouldn't shop there under any circumstances anyway, but assuming one did, then you have a 5 dollar gallon jar of pickles from Sam's Club.
Pass.
In for one of this nice little threesome..

iamhappy726

thatgrrl wrote:I have a jar of the Whiskey Sour variety in my fridge right now. They're spicy. Not "oh good lord, make it stop" spicy. They just leave a bit of fire on the tongue. Makes me wonder how spicy the really spicy ones must be, though.

Only a man that's secure would let another's pickle touch his tongue.

snowisfun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snowisfun

I've never had a flavored pickle =) Time to change that.

migwit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages migwit

My dad loves this kind of stuff, so I'm in for two. They sound yummy!!

iamhappy726

snowisfun wrote:I've never had a flavored pickle =) Time to change that.

You could always dip your pickle in a vat of vinegar. But be careful of 'shrinkage'.

wrpresto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrpresto
iamhappy726 wrote:So many choices. I'm in a pickle as to which one to choose.

I think you get all three

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy

I love pickles. Particularly sweet ones, but I do love some spice too. I'm in for one, and if I don't like them then my sister - the diet fanatic - will love them at only 8 calories a serving.

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

I'm kind of a pickle fanatic, so in for 2.

bhammark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhammark

Why do so many people feel the need to compare everything on Woot to some crap at Walmart?

If you prefer Walmart prices and Walmart quality then go shop at Walmart. Some of us like ARTISAN foods that are hand-cut and hand canned. Watch the video on the website and you might understand, but I doubt it will do any good because you're too busy incredulously telling everybody about the expensive pickles you saw on Wine Woot.

thatgrrl

Oh and for those asking how sweet they are, these aren't sweet pickles. Or at least, the Whiskey Sour ones aren't. You wouldn't think sweet gherkin from these. It's more that there's a hint of the cider vinegar in the background to help cut the spice of the serrano pepper kick, which is a lot more at the forefront.

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco

Can you add your hard boiled eggs to these?

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

scottybox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottybox

Real pickles don't have vinegar in them. Pass.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
darktide00 wrote:These r super awesome at 2am, seriously.... Buy them....

Yes, buy them. More wine please!

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

tiggeriffic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tiggeriffic

if it was only bacon...

Luminart Fiber Optic Creations
iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110)

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
michaelvella wrote:Yea, that's the problem.
I wouldn't shop there under any circumstances anyway, but assuming one did, then you have a 5 dollar gallon jar of pickles from Sam's Club.
Pass.
In for one of this nice little threesome..

While I agree with you on the $5/gallon of pickles not being as palatable as I'm sure these will be (I'm looking fwd to getting mine!), I do feel the need to stick up for sams, at least in the fresh food dept. They really do have some tasty and good quality meats and veggies.

But then again, I do live in Texas, and most of my neighbours are creating a substantial yet healthy arsenal to protect against the forthcoming end of world / zombie apocalypse / rapture, so it seems normal to me to keep at least a months worth of food in your freezer at all times...

And to tie that in nicely with the current item for sale, I think these pickles will go nicely with those petrified zombie grilled hamburgers.

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650
scottybox wrote:Real pickles don't have vinegar in them. Pass.

Thanks for bringing this up. To add to this (from Wikipedia):

"Brined pickles are prepared using the traditional process of natural fermentation in a brine which makes them grow sour. The brine concentration can vary between 20 g/litre to more than 40 g/litre of salt. There is no vinegar used in the brine of naturally fermented pickled cucumbers."

speedoo

thatgrrl wrote:Oh and for those asking how sweet they are, these aren't sweet pickles. Or at least, the Whiskey Sour ones aren't. You wouldn't think sweet gherkin from these. It's more that there's a hint of the cider vinegar in the background to help cut the spice of the serrano pepper kick, which is a lot more at the forefront.

My favorite pickles are Ba-Tampte Half Sours. Can you compare any of these to them?

thatgrrl

speedoo wrote:My favorite pickles are Ba-Tampte Half Sours. Can you compare any of these to them?

I've never had those. These are really the only fancy sort of apparently non-pickle vinegar-y variety I've ever had. Basically, it's been Vlasic for me, until these. I can only say that they sure resemble a dill more than a sweet pickle. Minus the vinegar. And the dill.

speedoo

thatgrrl wrote:I've never had those. These are really the only fancy sort of apparently non-pickle vinegar-y variety I've ever had. Basically, it's been Vlasic for me, until these. I can only say that they sure resemble a dill more than a sweet pickle. Minus the vinegar. And the dill.

Mine arrived today and I just had a NYC Deli. Interesting but I still prefer the Ba Temte Half Sours by a lot. The NYC Deli is good, though, with a fairly strong dill and spice flavor.

tbotremba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbotremba

I ordered my pickles on the 23rd (of course), received my shipping email on the 5th (2 weeks later) with an expected delivery of the 12 (3 weeks). My pickle craving is not being satisfied!

rolede

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rolede

Got mine yesterday. A Big Disappointment-much a do about nothing special. Hardly any noticeable
difference between the three.

A waste of money.

Not much better than the common V******k brand found in most stores.

The Best brand and my favorite is Ba Temte Garlic Dill which is about as close as you can get to a true "Delancy Street" pickle

speedoo

rolede wrote:Got mine yesterday. A Big Disappointment-much a do about nothing special. Hardly any noticeable
difference between the three.

A waste of money.

Not much better than the common V******k brand found in most stores.

The Best brand and my favorite is Ba Temte Garlic Dill which is about as close as you can get to a true "Delancy Street" pickle

Yeah, very disappointing, definitely way over priced and not even close to the Ba Temte varieties or the Costco half sours.

Has to be among the worst wine woot deals ever.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella

Got my bottles on friday. I'm not a big eater of pickles in the first place, these were for my wife who loves them.
She didn't go crazy for any of the three, but after we both tried them all, we agreed the whiskey sour was the best one. The spicy is quite spicy and tasty. The NY Deli is pretty standard.
I TOTALLY disagree with the person above that thinks they all taste the same.
I don't think I would spend net 25 bucks on 3 bottles of pickles again, but they're interesting and kind of fun. No harm.