twstdvn

quality posts: 72 Private Messages twstdvn
North316 wrote:I was on the fence, but that was all I needed to say pass. Bring on the sweetness!!

Understood... I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. You could check out our website www.inspirationvineyards.com we have a very nice Viognier.

PapaPerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PapaPerry

LAST WOOTER TO WOOT:PapaPerry

1st Bag of Coal 3/9/11
2nd Bag of Coal 5/11/11
3rd Bag of Coal 12/6/11

twstdvn

daledobak wrote:convince me, a red wine drinker, to buy this...

What types of food do you mostly have with your wine?

twstdvn

PapaPerry wrote:LAST WOOTER TO WOOT:PapaPerry

Thank you!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
twstdvn wrote:Understood... I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. You could check out our website www.inspirationvineyards.com we have a very nice Viognier.

Trust me, it's nothing against you. I've almost bought this twice now, but I have a plethora of dry whites right now, which I am trying to learn to enjoy, but still tend to prefer the sweeter side of whites.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

daledobak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages daledobak

Pastas, steaks, grilled vegetables, etc....

let's just say that I really like food, and I really like wine... both together and separately.

any chance you put your cab up here?

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid

Okay, all this chatter and I, not a real chard fan, have jumped in for 1. Thanks!

dschminkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschminkey

I am a first time Wine Buyer. I figured I might as well let Woot get me addicted to something new. My fiance does not like much of anything that is too sweet or too fruity. What would be a good bottle (or 3) to start off on. I myself am not too picky and have high hopes of being able to finish whatever we get. Thanks for your input.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

I didn't even realize I was the first sucker:

Inspiration Estate 2008 Chardonnay
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: mschauber
Speed to first woot: 5m 0.377s

This may be a running trend when Jon offers his wines on Woot

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

twstdvn

maurakid wrote:Okay, all this chatter and I, not a real chard fan, have jumped in for 1. Thanks!

Thank you... That was worth pulling off the road for!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
twstdvn wrote:How sad is that. This is my white... ;)

Best part, try it while blind folded and you'd swear it was a red...

Usually I don't drink while blindfolded dont want to spill on the bed... oops to much information :-)

fredrinaldi

twstdvn wrote:What types of food do you mostly have with your wine?

Food ?????? why ruin a good vino?

fredrinaldi

dschminkey wrote:I am a first time Wine Buyer. I figured I might as well let Woot get me addicted to something new. My fiance does not like much of anything that is too sweet or too fruity. What would be a good bottle (or 3) to start off on. I myself am not too picky and have high hopes of being able to finish whatever we get. Thanks for your input.

Oh you poor child, its so addictive, I have made 7 wine woot buys this week alone.

twstdvn

daledobak wrote:Pastas, steaks, grilled vegetables, etc....

let's just say that I really like food, and I really like wine... both together and separately.

any chance you put your cab up here?

LOL u missed a great 2 pck already. Our cab is lovely if I do say so... But I'll let others comment on that...

Ok- if you like food, and you like pasta, how about a nice cheesy or creamy white sauce, throw in some garlic and prawns? This wine was MADE for it.

It's got tannin, acid and bold fruit flavors. No it's not red, but my hands became red growing and making it... ;)

I will sometimes switch back to this wine after drinking red because it has the acid to hold up.

twstdvn

fredrinaldi wrote:Food ?????? why ruin a good vino?

LOL notice the order I asked the question...

twstdvn

fredrinaldi wrote:Usually I don't drink while blindfolded dont want to spill on the bed... oops to much information :-)

Too funny. Hmmm...

daledobak

alright I'm sold.

now someone point me to a good wine fridge so I can store all my wine woots...

Deezy2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deezy2
North316 wrote:I was on the fence, but that was all I needed to say pass. Bring on the sweetness!!

Same here! I passed. Although I prefer medium dry to dry red wine, only, I want my white wines to be medium or medium dry.. never dry.

daledobak

twstdvn wrote:LOL u missed a great 2 pck already. Our cab is lovely if I do say so... But I'll let others comment on that...

Ok- if you like food, and you like pasta, how about a nice cheesy or creamy white sauce, throw in some garlic and prawns? This wine was MADE for it.

It's got tannin, acid and bold fruit flavors. No it's not red, but my hands became red growing and making it... ;)

I will sometimes switch back to this wine after drinking red because it has the acid to hold up.

when did you have your 2 pack of the cab? completely missed it...

daledobak

to the winemakers always get on here and chat? I am new to wine.woot but this is pretty awesome.

and dangerous... for the wallet...

twstdvn

daledobak wrote:when did you have your 2 pack of the cab? completely missed it...

It was in Dec... Syrah and Cab

twstdvn

daledobak wrote:to the winemakers always get on here and chat? I am new to wine.woot but this is pretty awesome.

Ya.?. It's great!

mschauber

daledobak wrote:

You have no idea;) lol

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

MoveoverCinderella

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MoveoverCinderella

I must be the only one here that actually likes buttery dark chards. This is sounding "crispy". I really need to get some more ...but, I think I need to pass. In a good informed way though. I rather save the money and not complain later that I had no idea what I was buying. Thanks for the input!

Love it or leave it!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
daledobak wrote:to the winemakers always get on here and chat? I am new to wine.woot but this is pretty awesome.

The good ones do. I would say during normal days the winemakers/owners get on and join the discussion about 80% of the time, some with more vigor than others. During woot-offs it is much less frequent because it's very hard to plan for since they may not know when their wine is actually going to be up for sale.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

daledobak

well that alone makes it worth coming here, IMO

Ptwilliams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ptwilliams

Both Shirley and Jeremy like Chards, a bit of a problem because I have bought about 3 cases of reds. I hadn't really taken Celia seriously but she does like reds, so looks like she had moved up on the list, at least until we've finished some of the reds. So in for two for Shirley and Jeremy.

wineyum

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wineyum

Love me a dry crisp chardonnay, so I am in!

Ptwilliams

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ptwilliams

We are going to see a lot more wootsoff here at wine.woot. On average, wine.woot sells 215 woots per day. On Feb 21, they sold 1151 woots.

fredrinaldi

twstdvn wrote:LOL u missed a great 2 pck already. Our cab is lovely if I do say so... But I'll let others comment on that...

Woot a Cab and I'm "All In"

mschauber

Ptwilliams wrote:We are going to see a lot more wootsoff here at wine.woot. On average, wine.woot sells 215 woots per day. On Feb 21, they sold 1151 woots.

They have to be careful not to empty all of our wallets to fast though..

--
My CT

twstdvn

mschauber wrote:They have to be careful not to empty all of our wallets to fast though..

Lol. Thank you everyone today. Need to go and focus on my driving.

djgorman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djgorman

received my wine today, haven't opened it yet but i suspect its bad, milky & large particles floating.
Anyone else get their wine and find the same ?

djgorman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djgorman

the milky appearance and sediment settles out in a few minutes once poured. Took a few sips to understand the flavor. I thought it didn’t taste right, then tasted drinkable, and then actually pretty good.
I think the one unusual trait was that it seemed to get sweeter.
Undecided if I'd buy more but maybe my appeal with grow with my other bottles.

i'm surpried that no one has commented on this wine.

slinder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinder

Opened first bottle...think the wine has turned....any suggests...contact woot or the winery??

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

slinder wrote:Opened first bottle...think the wine has turned....any suggests...contact woot or the winery??

Sorry for the problems. Please contact service@woot.com so they may assist.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders