WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Esterlina Cole Ranch Reserva Pinot Noir

Speed to First Woot:
0m 0.223s
First Sucker:
SJCwineaux
Last Wooter to Woot:
ewqcsl
Last Purchase:
3 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 39% of Wine Woots
Bottom 35% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 11% of Wine Woots
Bottom 18% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 23% < 10 woots
  • 8% < 25 woots
  • 69% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 15% one year old
  • 85% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 92% bought 1
  • 8% bought 2
  • 0% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
69%
31%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Cesare


quality posts: 1588 Private Messages Cesare

Esterlina Cole Ranch Reserva Pinot Noir
$79.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 2008 Esterlina Cole Ranch Reserva Pinot Noir
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/22/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Opened one of these last weekend, Outstanding and I'm a Cab guy.

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

What is going on here? Another woot.off? What do these guys think? That we're made of money (and time?)

I haven't even had a chance to unpack my Esterlina from the last woot off....

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Almost 50 bottles of Pinot in house, must resist more . . .

burns72


quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

I wish my wine budget was in better shape. I would love to buy this just to say "thank you" for the quick and fantastic response from the Winery to the incorrect reisling shipment last year.

iByron


quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

Does [Pio] Cesare have a day job?

iByron

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
iByron wrote:Does [Pio] Cesare have a day job?

iByron



Ha!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

pricejohnson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pricejohnson

I don't see this vintage on teh winery website. I see the 2007 listed for $65 a bottle. Anyone know about this vintage? Was it a good year or is there a reason they are trying to sell this but not the 2007 vintage?

catfishhunters99


quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99

The winery is not listing the 08 on their site as available for sale, but the 07 is listed at $65 per.

catfishhunters99


quality posts: 4 Private Messages catfishhunters99
pricejohnson wrote:I don't see this vintage on teh winery website. I see the 2007 listed for $65 a bottle. Anyone know about this vintage? Was it a good year or is there a reason they are trying to sell this but not the 2007 vintage?



Jinx.

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
pricejohnson wrote:I don't see this vintage on teh winery website. I see the 2007 listed for $65 a bottle. Anyone know about this vintage? Was it a good year or is there a reason they are trying to sell this but not the 2007 vintage?



I have NO idea about this wine, but the fires in the Mendocino area in 2008 did cause smoke taint problems in some wines.

hogfatt


quality posts: 16 Private Messages hogfatt

Cali PN...pass.

Clearly I am a PN snob.

CT Updating, please wait....

pricejohnson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pricejohnson
kaolis wrote:I have NO idea about this wine, but the fires in the Mendocino area in 2008 did cause smoke taint problems in some wines.



Ahh. . . thank you. I had forgotten that was 2008. A Cali PN at this price point seems a little too risky to take the chance. I love PN but I'm out on this one.

texacaliali


quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

kaolis wrote:I have NO idea about this wine, but the fires in the Mendocino area in 2008 did cause smoke taint problems in some wines.



answer from the winery during the previous offer:

One of great things about the Cole Ranch AVA is it is geographically unique. It is not in the same valley as the Anderson Valley so smoke was not injected into the Cole Ranch AVA in 2008.

If you have been fortunate enough to taste our 2008 Anderson Valley Pinot you might know that it has developed into and excellent wine. Thanks to the blending and oversight of our experienced Pinot focused winemaker Lynn Krausmann. Her hand is all over the 2008 Cole Ranch Reserve. It is rich and opulent and and has no flavor profile attributes simaliar to the AV bottling of that vintage.

That is the beauty of Pinot Noirs, they are so site specific. Our first commerical vintage of fruit from the Cole Ranch AVA Pinot Noir was a 94pt wine.

EDIT: and more from the winery...The Cole Ranch AVA is in its own little valley geographically isolated from the Anderson Valley where the fires were in 2008. As a result it was separated by the mountain ranges and the weather from receiving the effects of the fire and smoke.

That is the beauty of having our wines grown in multiple geographic regions and AVA's. It is the equivalent of portfolio diversification with grapes. If there is some unique weather phenomenon is one AVA, then the good news is that it does not necessarily affect the others!

WineDavid was my Boss!

StarM


quality posts: 19 Private Messages StarM
kaolis wrote:I have NO idea about this wine, but the fires in the Mendocino area in 2008 did cause smoke taint problems in some wines.



Anderson Valley wines did take quite a hit in 08 from the smoke. I've tasted a few where it tasted like there was jerky or Liquid Smoke in the juice& even more AV wineries chose not to bottle. Looking forward to tasting the 09's when we're out there in a week or so, though!

Hope someone from the winery or other tasters chime in on this one. Not for me, though; saving my Pinot budget for tastings & purchases in situ.

/edit/ sorry -- I type slow & missed Texacaliali's response

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
texacaliali wrote:answer from the winery during the previous offer:

One of great things about the Cole Ranch AVA is it is geographically unique. It is not in the same valley as the Anderson Valley so smoke was not injected into the Cole Ranch AVA in 2008.

If you have been fortunate enough to taste our 2008 Anderson Valley Pinot you might know that it has developed into and excellent wine. Thanks to the blending and oversight of our experienced Pinot focused winemaker Lynn Krausmann. Her hand is all over the 2008 Cole Ranch Reserve. It is rich and opulent and and has no flavor profile attributes simaliar to the AV bottling of that vintage.

That is the beauty of Pinot Noirs, they are so site specific. Our first commerical vintage of fruit from the Cole Ranch AVA Pinot Noir was a 94pt wine.

EDIT: and more from the winery...The Cole Ranch AVA is in its own little valley geographically isolated from the Anderson Valley where the fires were in 2008. As a result it was separated by the mountain ranges and the weather from receiving the effects of the fire and smoke.

That is the beauty of having our wines grown in multiple geographic regions and AVA's. It is the equivalent of portfolio diversification with grapes. If there is some unique weather phenomenon is one AVA, then the good news is that it does not necessarily affect the others!



Great information, I was in no way trying to indict this particular wine as being tainted.

Thank you for the clarification!

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
texacaliali wrote:answer from the winery during the previous offer:

One of great things about the Cole Ranch AVA is it is geographically unique. It is not in the same valley as the Anderson Valley so smoke was not injected into the Cole Ranch AVA in 2008.

If you have been fortunate enough to taste our 2008 Anderson Valley Pinot you might know that it has developed into and excellent wine. Thanks to the blending and oversight of our experienced Pinot focused winemaker Lynn Krausmann. Her hand is all over the 2008 Cole Ranch Reserve. It is rich and opulent and and has no flavor profile attributes simaliar to the AV bottling of that vintage.

That is the beauty of Pinot Noirs, they are so site specific. Our first commerical vintage of fruit from the Cole Ranch AVA Pinot Noir was a 94pt wine.

EDIT: and more from the winery...The Cole Ranch AVA is in its own little valley geographically isolated from the Anderson Valley where the fires were in 2008. As a result it was separated by the mountain ranges and the weather from receiving the effects of the fire and smoke.

That is the beauty of having our wines grown in multiple geographic regions and AVA's. It is the equivalent of portfolio diversification with grapes. If there is some unique weather phenomenon is one AVA, then the good news is that it does not necessarily affect the others!



Great information, I was in no way trying to indict this particular wine as being tainted.

Thank you for the clarification!

j105


quality posts: 1 Private Messages j105

in for one!

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Nice! a wine wootoff not a food and wine wootoff...although balsamic,toffee and olive oil are always welcome.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




texacaliali


quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

great!very interesting info from winery during the previous offer & listen to the Vintners Voicemail as well. Good stuff.

http://wine.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4819741

WineDavid was my Boss!

deasmusico


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deasmusico

Expensive Pinot...boring. Next!

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

This is gonna take a while. Good - I'm about to go into a meeting and don't want to miss anything!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

sdfreedive


quality posts: 22 Private Messages sdfreedive

Missed this last time it came up and kicked myself for doing it. Budget be damned!

tgilleland


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgilleland

Any idea on what the winery price for the 2008 is? I am not typically a Pinot Noir kinda guy, but I would not mind stocking a few decent bottles in my collection.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

come on folks buy, buy, buy, so we can move on to some more "Real wine"

texacaliali


quality posts: 136 Private Messages texacaliali

Guest Blogger

tgilleland wrote:Any idea on what the winery price for the 2008 is? I am not typically a Pinot Noir kinda guy, but I would not mind stocking a few decent bottles in my collection.



my notes from my visit with them a few months back say $65 a bottle, I believe this was a wine club offering.

WineDavid was my Boss!