WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: "Sour beer" is all the rage in certain circles. You think...
  • 9.8% - it's delicious! 28
  • 8.4% - it's... interesting... 24
  • 10.5% - it's gross. 30
  • 0.7% - it sounds delicious. 2
  • 21.1% - it sounds... interesting... 60
  • 49.5% - it sounds gross. 141
285 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

I've got to say that I prefer just about any other style of Belgian beer to those that are Lambic based...

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I love lambics (especially with the fruit), and really enjoyed the one sour beer (non fruit fortified) I had--Duchesse something or another. There are quite a few Belgian beers that are quite interesting.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

attractivewindbag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages attractivewindbag

Check out the sour beers at Cascade Brewery in Portland, OR. You will be sold on sour.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I hate almost all Belgian-styled beers.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

trenton21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trenton21
otolith wrote:I love lambics (especially with the fruit), and really enjoyed the one sour beer (non fruit fortified) I had--Duchesse something or another. There are quite a few Belgian beers that are quite interesting.

That would be the Duchesse de Bourgogne. Quite tasty for a sour beer

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
trenton21 wrote:That would be the Duchesse de Bourgogne. Quite tasty for a sour beer

That would be it! An excellent beer. The night we had it, we also had a beer champagne that was very interesting.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

I'm a little late to the party on this topic, but I absolutely love sours. I should add that I love beer in general and that sours are not for everyone. That being said, I think Russian River brewing co (Santa Rosa, CA) is still creating the best sours I've ever tasted...and I've had a lot.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

why be sour or bitter when you can be sweet an salty?